June 06 Parents # 271

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#26 BelnBen

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:54 PM

No idea at this point as we need to speak with the genetic counsellor and see what genes are actually involved - will know more after these tests which will hopefully only take about 3 weeks.

#27 *~*Kitty*~*

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:08 PM

What a nervewracking wait and it will feel like it's going forever.

#28 seepi

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:23 PM

All the best Bel to you and your gorgeous girl.

I'm sure things are not as bad as your fear.  Grace is only slightly delayed at this point, and if she had a really severe condition she would not be sitting up by herself or doing anything much. She is still not very old.

I am sending you my thoughts, and I hope you can find some way to get through the next few weeks - medical stuff always takes so long.

Good luck with the new house - maybe decorating will keep you busy. And I will watch out for you on millionaire hotseat - I often watch that while I'm cooking dinner.

I got an invite to audition for Letters and Numbers on SBS, but it was in Sydney, so I didn't go.

Take care,
Cass

#29 4littlemonkeys

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:54 AM

Hi girls

Bel - I am really sorry to hear your news on Grace. I hope that her condition is not as severe as you fear. sad.gif

Better go - have to get these kids organised for school / daycare, then i am heading home to study!

#30 laraq75

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:56 PM

Bel - I am honestly heart broken for you.  I have no understanding how it would feel to find out that your precious girl could have something wrong with her. I agree with what Rose said, it is about the hopes you have for the future and I suppose at this stage you don't really know what you are facing.  Big hugs and no matter how many problems with have had here in the past we are always here for support.

Cass - how is Daphne?  I noticed you haven't updated your sig yet.

Edited by laraq75, 05 November 2010 - 01:19 PM.

#31 MacFeral

Posted 05 November 2010 - 03:03 PM

Bel, Ditto what everyone else has said. I cannot begin to imagine how this news has affected you and your family. I only hope that as the weeks/months progress and you get more news from the doctors that things aren't as bad as they seem.

#32 seepi

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:17 PM

Daphne is a very good baby. I must put her onto the sig one of these days.

If we just stay at home, she is an angel and sleeps like a dream. Unfortunately she isn't so happy about going out, and also between playgroup/dancing/daycare and preschool drop offs, and shopping etc, Daphne is often heading out the door just as she should be going to sleep. So then she becomes tired and grumpy. (and so does her mum!)

We're having some very minor medical issues with her too. She has a tongue tie, (tongue connected too closely to bottom gum) which medical professionals these days don't' like to cut. But it may cause speech problems in time. and may cause trouble with spoon feeding. So we'll have to wait and see. the problem is cutting it while young is no problem, but we won't know if she needs it cut til later on...

Also she sometimes has a turned eye, which is a shame. I had a bad one as a child, and I worried that A and J would have it, and neither of them does, so I gave up worrying, and now it looks as if Daphne may have a mild case. We have to wait another few months to see if it eases off, and then book her into the eye doctor I suppose.

On a cheerier note - it is fete seaason here and I am loving it. We went to a night fete tonight and the kids were happy with one bouncy castle ride and a new playground, and a sausage sizzle, and I got a box of ex-library books for 2.00. Bargain!

Cass

#33 MRT

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:37 PM

Bel - I too echo the same thoughts everybody else had already written, I really hope it turns out to be not as severe as it seems at the moment. The next 3 weeks will no doubt drag on for you and be absolute hell as you wait to hear the outcome. I'm glad though that you felt comfortable to come in here to tell us so we can help support you.

I hope the Millionaire Hotseat was one of the ups in the last few months for you.

#34 *~*mummy*mel*~*

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:33 PM

Hi girls
I am enrolling marshall for school next year,his been attending a school rediness program for 2 hours every friday morning and has shown that his extremely ready to start mentally,however the lazy bum is STILL not toilet training,no interest in using the toilet,wearing undies or anything except pull ups and he doesnt tell me he needs to go or has done anything.If his not ready by feb then i simply pull him out and try again in 2012 but i will be extremely disappointed for him as he is so eager to go.

18 weeks preggers tomorrow,finding out hwat were having next thursday so ill be back to update then.

#35 MacFeral

Posted 13 November 2010 - 05:27 AM

Wow, congrats Mel - I didn't even know you were utd!

#36 Xanadu25

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:06 AM

Congrats Mel. Thats great news  biggrin.gif

Re: t/training. We tried Jack with pullups initially but they were just a pain to get on and off.
The one day we were out of nappies and I was busy with Olivia so he had to go to the toilet.
He was a bit anxious but realised he had no choice. I even took his step seat to daycare for about a week as he was shy going there. once he realised it wasnt so scary, he was okay.
Night time was a different story. Only just recently have we gone cold turkey with the night nappy.
Its been 2wks and only 2 dry nights out of that. And a couple of nights where I managed to make him go to the toilet.
He sleeps like a log and gets very grumpy but we just took him. My mum said she did that with us until the habit kicked in. Wishe he would hurry up though. Hate the wee smell -eww.

#37 Guest_pbgirl_*

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:13 AM

waves.gif Junies I am deleting my essential baby account, chat to most of you on facebook. original.gif

#38 *~*mummy*mel*~*

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:58 AM

Were having a BOY  biggrin.gif  babyboy.gif  bbluestork.gif

Susie ive tried telling him we have ran out before (and just hidden them) and he absolutely screamed bloody murder and stood there looking so uncomfortable trying to hold his wee in until he ended up just peeing on the floor,his so dead set against undies and the toilet its just insane my other 2 were so easy once they decided they were ready that was it they were done.

#39 Xanadu25

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:58 PM

Awesome Mel. tthumbs.gif  I think its exciting finding out early because I have no patience -lol.

Jack screamed for a nappy with #2s but we just said no. I think he only had one accident there but it freaked him out enough to go after that. Almost gave in but we toughed it out.
Olivia is way easier as she was just copying him. She went for the first time at about 18mths . No full on routine yet but she does realise usually when she wants to go and just takes herself cos of the step seat.

#40 Xanadu25

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:00 AM

Hmm, just found out today my job position isnt being renewed. Bit sucky, isnt it?
Took me a year to get it, perfect hours. Not that mentally stimulating but paid the bills and a few days away from Disney Playhouse was a bonus. So were the work hours. Now will have to go job hunting again.
At least I have a good reference and they actually bothered to tell me now instead of returning from holidays like my last boss.
But thats the recruitment process of the education dept.

Susie

#41 *~*mummy*mel*~*

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:20 AM

Oh no susie that sucks,good luck with the job hunting i hope you get something

#42 seepi

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:25 PM

sad.gif bummer Susie

Congrats on teh boy Mel.

Any news Bel?
(I have noticed a few EB members' sigs with balanced translocation, so if she has that, it seems she will be fine.)

#43 BelnBen

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:33 PM

Congrats Mel!

Bummer Susie! Hope you are able to find something similar - without too much hassle.

No, no news yet. Saw Paed 1.5 wks ago and the results were not in yet. DH's and mine were and we don't have any balanced translocations - which means Grace's condition is "de novo" - meaning it just happened with her birth more-or-less. He said there'd been a blow-out on these tests, so we could be waiting forever! Hopefully they'll be back by Jan 19th as that is when we see the Genetic Counsellor.
At least he commented that she is a very happy, well dispositioned baby and doesn't appear to have any of the commonly related behavioural issues. A bonus I suppose.

We are moving on sat - currently having the floors done, but they got one part of the cork bit of flooring up and it looked like the jarrah timber continues, then pulled the next bit up and it all changed, so now we have this odd bit in the inner hallway! Will have to remain that way till we decide down the track what to do with it - ah, the suprises of old houses!
I am flat chat and should be in bed, but oh well.

Bel

#44 *~*Kitty*~*

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:44 AM

Good luck for your c/s today Gemma  babyboy.gif or  babygirl.gif

#45 laraq75

Posted 26 December 2010 - 12:37 PM

Merry Christmas everybody

#46 ~gemma~

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:20 PM

I thought someone would have posted in here...

Lucas Phillip Charles arrived at 2:02pm on the 20th Dec, weighing in at 7lb 4oz and 57cms long.

All going well now, he was in NICU for 2 days to monitor his sugar levels and also had AB's for GBS and had a bit of respiratory distress and was on oxygen for about 20 mins, but we got home when i wanted to so its all good biggrin.gif

#47 ~moo~

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:21 PM

CONGRATS Gemma what great news

I know it has been along time since I posted anything but things around here have been busy but thought I'd pop in and say hello

We are expecting number 4 in April it is looking like another boy so I am going to be surronded with boys still I am having another scan on Tuesday so will be confirming that it is a boy at the same time.

Ok Cooper has finished lunch so that is the end of eb fro the day.

Edited by ~moo~, 30 December 2010 - 12:24 PM.

#48 MacFeral

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:00 PM

Congratulations Gemma. I hope all is going well with you and your new bub.

Congratulations to you as well moo.

#49 seepi

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:40 PM

WOW - congrats GEmma - you now have a larger than large family!!!!

More power to you. I don't know how you do it. three kids is a tiny bit more than I can handle right now...

I bet Jordan is happy to have another boy in the family.

and Moo - you are heading for the big family too. Congratulations! I bet the naming is getting trickier too.

I have to say - my hardest child right now is Ms Four and a half with a teenage attitude Adele...... we are having all the tantrums now that we never had as a toddler. such a shame - she can be gorgeous and helpful, but she can also be a shocker. today I said to her 'we all had a lovely time shopping today, cos you only fell to the ground screaming once'. Not words I had ever planned to say.

This is all new too - a few weeks ago she was fine.
It's just a phase
It's just a phase
(please let it be just a phase)
Happy New Year all
Cass

#50 BelnBen

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:52 PM

Congrats Gemma!! Great to see it's another boy for jordan!

Congrat too to you Moo! Sending girl vibes!

Well, found out today that G's results will not be ready until mid- Feb at the least!! Our appt with the genetic counsellor is Jan 19th! So waiting to hear from them as to what we should do.
She is getting more and more responsive all the time and we celebrate tiny improvements - even just a little arms up motion this morning when I said "up"!
(She is driving me nutty whinging at the moment though!)

Move went well, Christmas sort of got in the way of unpacking! So still surrounded by boxes. We still feel a bit as if we are on holidays here!! Loving having the pool!
Ben said yesterday coming home from DC - that girls didn't like boys! (They wouldn't play with him!)
Just searched the RTA website and I have to wait till G is 3 to get a disabled parking permit. Have to fight the selfish users of pram parking with no prams for a bit longer hey!
Finally lodged my tax today!

Anyway,I'm another year older! Won Millionaire Hotseat btw! Hope you all had a great Christmas and that 2011 is good to you!

Bel

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.