June 06 Parents # 271

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#51 MRT

Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:44 PM

WOW Bel you WON Millionaire Hotseat? That's great - have you been on TV yet?

Good to hear that G is getting more responsive

#52 BelnBen

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:18 PM

I was on Fri Nov 19th.
I can't believe I forgot to post in here and tell everyone it was on!!
Obviously I couldn't say anything about it before it was on TV!

Bel

#53 Xanadu25

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:10 PM

Just wanted to show off a certain little Junebug who will be starting school soon.
Got his uniform today.
I think a little anxiety was creeping in and it wasnt with Jack  tongue.gif

#54 laraq75

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:18 PM

Susie - gorgeous picture of your Big boy Jack.  I will post a pick of Audrey with her preschool uniform on when I get her in it.  

Bel - sorry to hear that the tests are going to be held up even further.  Did you win big on Millionaire hotseat?  

Gemma - congratulations on the birth or your baby

Moo - congrats on being pregnant again.  Even if it is a suprise it is still a blessing.

Seepi - sorry to hear you are having troubles with Adele.  I suppose I have already done my hard time with Audrey.  She doesn't through tantrums like that anymore.  She did all that when she was two.  I think you just have to be firm with her because she knows that she can push your buttons while you are looking after the other two.

I hope that everybody who is in queensland i staying safe from the floods.

#55 BelnBen

Posted 04 April 2011 - 12:25 PM

Am I the only one reading in here at present??

I won what the other dorks left me! $10K - I told Dh I wanted to buuy some new furniture with it - but still have to wait!! Skimmed a little off the top for myself though.

Have signed up with a new agent, so hoping to pick up a little acting work here and there, seeing as with things with G, I can't look at getting a 2 or 3 day a week teaching posiiton yet.

We saw the Genetic Counsellors in mid- Jan (without the results - and they said they wouldn'tmake that much difference anyway), then had to go back and see them again in early March, as we had then gotten the results from Nov 2nd blood work!!! and they had found new info!

Basically, they found that one of the duplications was smaller than they initially anticipated, but they found anouther huge duplication that was completely missed on the first tests!!  huh.gif !!
They still say she will in all likelihood walk and talk in her own time, but this new info made them change their mind on intellecutal impairment from mild to most likely moderate - which means she will probably not be integrated to mainstream, but need special schooling. sad.gif

We got into an early intervention system in North Sydney, so she is going to music therapy and an interventionist education class once a week. Physio, Speech and OT, I'm trying to pick up the Aussie baby sign language and constantly researching anything that may come to mind as a symptom (eg absence seizures being the latest possibility!) and methods of advancing her. Looking into massage and just spent $70 on a pair of shoes - she is still only size 2.5!!!!

We are still not crawling, waving, talking etc. The occasional clap, and I hope to have her at least in crawling possi by her 2nd birthday in 2 months.
It is very hard now when I see people with similar aged babies and I see all the things she can't do - I know I have to focus on what she can, but it doesn't mean it still ain't hard!
Hardest part of the new info was realising she may never gain independence - no so hard for what that means for us, but for her and the hopes and dreams we had for her future. sad.gif

B is loving PS. Having listening problems and not doing as he's asked probs - at PS and home - but they tell me he's very bright - just needs to get his act into gear or that won't be much use!!
He has made friends with a little boy who lives literally round the corner - 2 houses from us - and he has a sister with severe CP, so his mum is proving to be a good resource and support for me!
I even found out on Friday that we're eligble for gas and electricity concession with G's health care card!

Anyway, that's us at present, except to say that I registered G on a site in the UK for rare chromosomal disorders and at this stage, she is the only one in the WORLD(!!!!!) with her exact combination of abnormalities!!!! Certainly rare and unique! One other little girl with the same large duplication, but not the others, so she is an unknown entity!
Still gorgeous though!
Bit cranky today - think it may be 2 yeear molars - she's had all the others for yonks now!

Cheers,
Bel

#56 MacFeral

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:10 AM

I'm glad you have some answers now Bel and that you've found someone who has already "walked in your shoes" (so to speak) that you can discuss things with and get advice from. It sound like things aren't going to be easy for her sad.gif

Well done on the win!

I'll admit I don't check in to this section of EB much these days.

#57 Xanadu25

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:27 PM

Posted Image

Edited by SUSIE25, 21 February 2018 - 03:34 PM.

#58 *~*Kitty*~*

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:50 PM

I can't believe it's that time again, our little junebugs are 5  ohmy.gif

Thanks for the list Susie  biggrin.gif  have a great birthday with Master Jack on Monday!!!

Congrats on baby #3 Lara  biggrin.gif

#59 Xanadu25

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:59 PM

No worries Rose. Had to check your prev. username. Didnt recognise the new one  wink.gif
But I was taking a guess.  Olivia gets Oli by one carer at daycare and Livvy by a few others.

Having a little party for Jack (and me). Not many people as everyone is going away.
Silly Anzac day to close to easter. Jack wont mind. A day of chocolate followed by presents.
Kiddie heaven  tongue.gif

#60 *~*Kitty*~*

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:03 PM

I totally forgot I changed my username  wink.gif It's actually a combo of Olivia and Lily lol Liver gets "my Livvy" from her child care teacher  biggrin.gif

What did you get Jack for his birthday?

#61 Xanadu25

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:11 PM

We got him a huge box of Lego . The one with 4 colousr and about 1600 blocks so he can build whatever. The other stuff is too hard esp. when he loses bits. Plus costs a fortune. When he's older, will get some then. Toystory 3 dvd and was looking at getting him some slot car racing car set.
He is so excited. has been for the past month. everday he asks me how many days to go.

eta: just got him a telescope and a slot car racing track. am too soft but cant help myself sometimes - lol

Edited by SUSIE25, 20 April 2011 - 02:53 PM.

#62 *~*Kitty*~*

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:14 PM

Can't wait to see pics!!!!

I've been holding on to a jewellery box for about 18 mths now, I think Lily is old enough to get it now!

I haven't thought of anything else yet  unsure.gif

#63 laraq75

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:21 PM

Bel - glad to hear you are getting some answers. Glad to hear that B is enjoying PS.  Did you decide not to send him to Kindy this year?

Rose - thanks for the congratulations. original.gif

Susie - Thanks for the putting the list up.  I can't believe they are going to be five.  I am sure that you and Jack are going to have a great day next Monday.

I was suprised to see there were posts in here.  There hasn't been any for ages.

#64 jlydia

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:57 PM

Just popping into say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Jack! (and Susie too, of course!  tongue.gif )

Hope he had a great day!

Lisa

#65 NessNess

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:38 PM

Not sure if many people check in here anymore, but just wanted to say a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all the June kids, hard to believe it's been 5 years already!!!

Anyway hope all the JUNE BUGS have or have had a great birthday :-)

#66 ~gemma~

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:37 PM

Congrats Lara.

Happy birthday to all the Junebugs

#67 BelnBen

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:12 PM

Grace is commando crawling!!!!
So getting into everything now - funny as you want them to be mobile, but then don't want them getting into stuff! lol

She is also sitting herself up - mostly for food!!!!!

Lara - CONGRATS! Saw Gemma's post and went back to see you sig! Yes, we knew all along we wouldn't be sending him to School this year and as it has turned out, it was the right decision. We have been having a few behaviour problems of late, so there has had to be a lot of 'creative' parenting going on!

Hope all are well.
Cheers,
Belinda

#68 laraq75

Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:30 PM

Bel - that is fabulous news about Grace crawling.  You must be so happy.

#69 PurpleWitch

Posted 30 July 2019 - 02:02 AM

They are teens!!!

#70 Xanadu25

Posted 30 July 2019 - 08:28 AM

Wow, to see this pop up in the inbox :)
Like an old diary.
I see a few name changes. Don't recognise some though.
PurpleWitch?

Edited by Xanadu25, 30 July 2019 - 08:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.