630 replies to this topic

#1 GeraniumQueen

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:55 PM

New thread time

link to last thread

#2 cheshire_cat

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:13 PM

GOLD!

and Spock- that is wonderful news!! Yay! Hope you're feeling good & not too anxious original.gif

#3 meggie2

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:14 PM

SILVER

Yay Spock, excellent news.

#4 stillinhope

Posted 23 September 2010 - 05:00 PM

Bronze blink.gif
betta go back now and see whats happening!

Edited by stillinhope, 23 September 2010 - 05:01 PM.

#5 stillinhope

Posted 23 September 2010 - 05:02 PM

IVF and the Long Haul Buddy Group Member List

Name : Meggie2
Diagnosis:
IVF:  Previopus Cycles IVF x1,ICSI x 2, 2 Chem pregs, FET x 3 early m/c,  Cycle #3 ICSI (OCt / Nov 2010) following myomectomy 20th aug
Meds:
Alternative: Accupuncture

Name : Spring
Diagnosis:Unexplained Infertility
IVF: 6 trhs, 5 stims, antagonist ICSI cycles
Meds:
Alternative:

Name : Kimbar
IVF: 1 x ICSI BFN 2 x blast on ice, FET - neither blast survived thaw, 2 x ICSI Nothing to TFR,
3 - 6 x ICSI BFN no frosties, 7 x ICSI Aug09 M/C 6 weeks no frosties, 8 - 10 ICSI BFN no frosties
Meds:
Alternative:

Name : Cheshire cat
Diagnosis: Unexplained Infertility
IVF: Starting cycle 5.
Meds: Antagonist cycle with Clexane & course of antibiotics.
Alternative:

Name : Rosabella
Diagnosis: Unexplained infertility - NK Cells found - now on new treatment
IVF:  IVF #1 BFN, IVF #2 BFN, FET #1 BFN, IVF #3 BFN, FET #2 Chem Pregnancy,  FET #3 BFN, FET #4 - June 2010 BFN, FET #5 - Transfer 07.08.10 2 x  blasts
Meds:
Alternative:
________________________________________________________________________________

Name : Stillinhope
Diagnosis: Unexplained infertility - mild immumne deficiency
IVF: Fertility treatment - clomid 4 cycles, IVF 4 Stim cycles, last with ICSI, 6 TRF BFP on final tf
Meds: Prednisolone, Clexane, Asprin, Clomid, Progynova, Crinone
Alternative: Accupuncture cycle 2&3
________________________________________________________________________________

Name: Shiba
Diagnosis: Unexplained Infertility
IVF : Currently FET#4 (cycle 6) - IVF#1 BFN, FET#1 BFN, IVF/ICSI#2 BFN, FET#2&3 BFN, one chem preg prior to IVF treatment
Meds:
Alternative: Accupuncture cycle 2

Name: Carita
Diagnosis: PCOS, DH-Testicular cancer
IVF: Just finishing 5th ICSI cycles, 3 FETs
Meds: Currently on 2 x pessaries, 1x crinone, 2x heparin per day
Alternative: accupuncture / Chinese herbs ICSI #3, FET #2

Name: Spock
Diagnosis: unexplained infertility
IVF: TTC since 2007
3  x IUI in 2009, all BFN. 1st ICSI anatagonist IVF cycle in 2009 - 1st  transfer BFN, 2nd transfer (FET) BFP but m/c at 6 weeks. 2nd ICSI  anatgonist IVF cycle in 2010 - 1st transfer BFP but m/c at 10.5 weeks,  2nd transfer (FET) BFP but m/c yet again. all bts and other tests  normal. now in the 2ww of the 3rd transfer (FET)....
next IVF cycle will be medicated probably with aspirin.
Meds:
Alternative:

#6 Spock

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:02 AM

hi ladies,

***warning bfp mentioned****
I had a scary evening yesterday. We had our huge annual client entertaining function after work last night. Usually I'm okay with clients as that's part of my job but last night I just couldn't do the small talk etc, I think I'm super stressed about this bfp. I had a few small cramps but as these didn't last long and were small I tried to keep calm and smiling. I went to the bathroom later on and found some blood with a tiny clot and I just paniced. I've been through so much pain with m/c's this year I just couldn't handle the thought of it happening again. Somehow I managed to sneak of early, even though I know I didn't manage to talk to all my clients there but I just wanted to get home and let out all my stress. Thankfully there was no more bleeding so I went to sleep and promptly woke up this morning with a panic attack. I wish I could be happy and just accept this bfp but I am so scared and stressed. I'm going to see the ivf counsellor today for some advice as I have no idea how to deal with this.

On another note, I can just see my career going down the tube as ivf has taken its toll on me, physically and emotionally. ivf has also ruined any innocence I have about being pregnant because every bfp is just that much more precious. Hope you know what I mean.

Sorry for the 'me' post but I just don't know anyone else I can share these thoughts with.

#7 stillinhope

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:33 AM

Spock, im so sorry this happened and youre having such a hard time. Did u tell ur FS? Ask for a scan if u can and a bt...
i'll be praying for u..
xo

#8 meggie2

Posted 24 September 2010 - 03:06 PM

Hi Spocky

Big hugs. I think I know how you feel. Infertility is the gift that keeps on giving isn't it. ddown.gif

My acupuncturist was having a go at me about working too hard, and I said "but what if I wind up with no baby, no money and no career?" She made the point about focusing on what is our priority now today, and letting the what if's look after themselves.

But please don't worry about your clients. If they are anything like mine they are perfectly happy being wined and dined for free, and had no idea you were not at the top of your game!

Joke:

Q:What is the difference between a [insert particular client] and a shopping trolley?

A:There is a limit to how much food and drink you can fit in a shopping trolley.

I hope the counsellor is some help today.

M

Edited by meggie2, 24 September 2010 - 03:08 PM.

#9 cheshire_cat

Posted 24 September 2010 - 03:58 PM

hugs Spock bbighug.gif that must have been so hard! I completely understand your anxiety- in fact what I don't understand is people who get their BFP after IVF and then seem to move on quite happily with little to no stress or worry shrug.gif huh.gif  ... that just seems impossible to me!

So although I haven't been in your shoes I think what you're describing is exactly how I would feel. I think if/when I finally get a BFP I will put off telling people for as long as possible because I wouldn't be able to handle all the congratulations at such an early stage. I'd be way too pessimistic for that!

Anyway I'm glad the bleeding has stopped & you'll be seeing the counsellor, hope that helps a bit.
Thinking of you xx

#10 Spock

Posted 24 September 2010 - 04:57 PM

hi ladies,

cc, still and meggie, thanks for your supportive words! It's nice to know I'm not the only one who feels this way with ivf.

I saw my cousnellor at lunch time today and she helped by giving me some breathing exercises to stop my pessimistic thoughts taking hold of my mind. She also advised to just focus on getting through the day. Also a few more things and it all ended up being useful. I'm still stressed but no where near as nutty as I was last night. I'm just going to try and get through each day. At least no spotting so far today!

I did ask about a bt but I was told my prog. and hcg levels would be high even if not a viable preg. at this stage so wouldn't really help. I've decided to wait till 7 weeks to have the first scan as I just couldn't handle the stress if I had a earlier scan which may show no heartbeat and then having to wait for a follow up scan. That's just me.

I hope I'm not upsetting any of you by posting all this.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend - going to be sunny and warm in Sydney happy.gif .

#11 Spock

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:00 PM

oops, I forgot to add, yes, ivf to get that beautiful child is definately a priority for me - as it probably is for all of you. I know my career is suffering but what can you do really.

Meggie - I liked your joke, so true!

#12 carita

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:53 PM

Spock-Thinking of you. Take care...hope the breathing exercises help. One day at a time...probably easier said than done. We're here for you.

Thank the lord for school holidays...woohooo...I'm already in my pjs drinking a really nice sav blanc and munching on chips and chocolate! So much for trying to eat healthy foods!! haha...Have a great weekend everyone!

#13 Guest_senecio_*

Posted 25 September 2010 - 06:44 PM

Spock, I was going to write congratulations on your BFP, but I know you probably don't want to hear that yet. I am so sorry to hear about the stress you're going through. I know that as devastating as a BFN may be, a BFP would be truly terrifying after your losses. I will be thinking of you and wishing that this is the one for you.
xx

#14 Spock

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:19 PM

hi ladies, I hope you all had a lovely weekend.

I've been suspecting since Friday that my embie is no more as all my pregnancy symptoms have disappeared. Just in case I was being pessimistic, I had a bt this morning to check my levels. My hcg is too low for where it should be by now so I think, unfortunately, I'm right cry1.gif . I can't believe this is the 3rd m/c for me. I don't know if I have the strength right now to digest the fact that not only do we have unexplained infertility problems, but an undiagnosed recurrent m/c problem as well. I don't know how to describe my feelings right now, numb??

#15 meggie2

Posted 27 September 2010 - 04:31 PM

Oh Spocky I just want to come right over to where you are and make it all better somehow.   I want to just curse and swear and throw things.  

I don't know whether to say keep hoping or not.   What did the nurses say?

Is there anything at all we can do?

#16 carita

Posted 27 September 2010 - 05:13 PM

Awww Spock. I'm so sorry to hear. We're here when you're ready. xoxo

#17 Rangeman

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:14 AM

Oh Spock, there are no words.  Thinking of you.

#18 stillinhope

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:32 AM

Spock Im so very Sorry...

#19 cheshire_cat

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:55 AM

Oh no Spock that is awful news sad.gif I'm just so sorry. So utterly unfair that you have to go through this pain yet again. We're all thinking of you x x x

#20 Guest_senecio_*

Posted 28 September 2010 - 11:32 AM

I am so, so sorry Spock. sad.gif

#21 laffi

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:09 PM

I am so sorry Spock  sad.gif

#22 meggie2

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:10 PM

Hi everyone

My mum saw her oncologist today and is having a lumpectomy plus lymph node biopsies on Thursday week, then 6 weeks of radiotherapy.   The doc was pretty positive so that's good.

M

#23 Spock

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:11 PM

Thanks everyone for your support. I'm just glad I had yesterday and today of work so I can mope around at home and don't have to pretend to be happy. Tomorrow I will have to put my game face back on for work.

I've got another bt tomorrow and a scan on Tuesday just to confirm everything. My fs is away till the end of October too. I still can't believe this is happening, like some sort of vicious groundhog day.

How are you all doing?

cc, are you in the 2ww?

#24 Spock

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:19 PM

Still, I hope you don't mind me asking but what medication protocol were you using when you became pregnant? I know you posted this before but I think it was some time ago. Did you suffer any side effects?

I want to understand what exactly pred. and clexane are used for so I can have a more informed discussion with the fs. I know nothing is proven but I'd like to know the theories for their use.

If any of you lovely ladies have anything to share here on this please do.

#25 cheshire_cat

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:28 AM

Hey Spocky, I asked a similar question about clex/pred a while ago so will try to put a link here for you to the post if you'd like to have a read:

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=815913

Hope you are feeling alright, as good as can be expected anyway. Thanks for asking about me- yep, I'm 2ww-ing, but feeling very pessimistic. FS said that if emby implants my OHS will get a lot worse, but instead I'm feeling completely fine, no bloating or any OHS symptoms, so am taking it as a bad sign! BT is on Monday the 4th.

Megs, good news that the doc is upbeat about your mum- but still it's a very hard thing to go through with a loved one, hope you're coping ok hhugs.gif

Did you ladies see that crazy post in the General section? What the?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.