All welcome

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#76 Mrs_Maker

Posted 28 July 2016 - 06:13 PM

I hope they get your temp under control soon x

#77 Expelliarmus

Posted 28 July 2016 - 09:26 PM

Oooooh good luck. That's what happened for me. Because I was resting anyway it was the easiest fever I ever had! Hope you feel better soon.

#78 Mrs_Maker

Posted 29 July 2016 - 10:25 AM

How are you feeling this morning CaleliKat?

#79 CalEliKat

Posted 30 July 2016 - 09:27 AM

I am feeling pretty good this morning.  I haven't had Endone since last night so my oxygen levels are much better this morning.  I slept really well last night.  Bit stiff and sore but otherwise I am doing well

#80 Mrs_Maker

Posted 01 August 2016 - 08:12 PM

How are you going now CaleliKat? Are you home yet?

#81 CalEliKat

Posted 01 August 2016 - 09:17 PM

I came home today.  Unfortunately I have brought at UTI with me and some deep blisters on my legs from the compression stockings which were the wrong size.  The UTI is from catheterization and is quite common but my Dr was quite horrified at the blisters from the stockings.  They are like rubbing blisters you get from shoes.  Anyway I have antibiotics and I am surviving on OTC pain meds which are working just fine.  I am just do glad tto be home.  DH is on careres leave and doing a spectacular job od looking after me and running the kids around, doing all the meals, cleaning, washing.  I am resting and fighting off my cats who keep trying to jump on me for cuddles.

#82 Mrs_Maker

Posted 01 August 2016 - 09:22 PM

Glad you're home.  I hope the UTI passes quickly, and ouch on the blisters!

I've had a bad day with bleeding despite being on Provera, I am so looking forward to my op!

#83 CalEliKat

Posted 02 August 2016 - 07:30 AM

I hope you are ok.  My bleeding was horrendous right up until I went in to surgery.  They removed a very heavy uterus.  I have to say that the recovery has been quite good this far, aside from a few bumps.  I am so glad I had the op.

#84 Mrs_Maker

Posted 02 August 2016 - 09:37 AM

I'm just frustrated, as I have Mirena in, takind Provera 3 x a day, and still bleeding! AHHH

I have a bulky uterus, and have adenomyosis.

Bleeding is much better today, I am so looking forward to operation, I'll feel like a new woman by Christmas :-)

Hope you recover well, and are up & about soon x

#85 CalEliKat

Posted 02 August 2016 - 10:49 AM

Well, this morning I was a bit blah.  During the night I kept reaching up to grab the handle thingy to help me roll over because it hurt to move but then I worked out I was having painkillers in hospital at 2am so I will leave some panadol in easy reach tonight.  Two of our children are home sick today.  DS vomited during the night and did not wake DH so he found the bathroom covered in projectile vomit this morning.  I found myself glad I couldn't do any cleaning up with that.  I am finding it hard to do nothing.  I want to tuck in the edge of the sheet on our bed, sweep the kitchen, vacuum but I know I can't, strictly reinforced by the phone call I had from the hospital this morning following up on my discharge.  DH had to go into the office for a few hours today but my best friend will be here soon to help out.

#86 Mrs_Maker

Posted 02 August 2016 - 11:34 AM

Oh No, not a good time for them to be sick! I hope you don't catch it.

My DH I don't think has any idea that I won t be able to do anything after op.  I am going to book a cleaner, as I know he wont do anything.  I told him the other day I can't lift anything heavier than a dinner plate.  I don't think he believed me! It will be interesting to say the least!

Hope you're house is healthy soon!

#87 CalEliKat

Posted 02 August 2016 - 11:48 AM

Thank you!

#88 Mrs_Maker

Posted 12 September 2016 - 12:33 PM

Anyone else having a hysterectomy soon?

I'm booked in for 5th October, and after 2 years of bleeding,and taking Primulot 3 x a day, I can't wait :-)

#89 Rachael2

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:56 AM

I hope no one minds me asking a few questions in here. I haven't had a hysterectomy yet but it's looking extremely likely in the very near future. I'm 33 fortunately have finished my family. I'm devastated about needing a hysterectomy so soon although it's been on the cards for a while.
My biggest concerns in sex life post hysterectomy and weight gain. My problem is excessive bleeding due to endometrial hyperplasia with cystic features. My uterus is almost double the size it should be and has a lot of abnormal fluid inside. I'm now getting alot of pain with going to the toilet (but surprisingly little if any with sex). Bowel movements are excruciating and the bleeding I'm struggling to contain as it's extremely heavy.
How likely is it that sex will not be pleasant afterwards? I also have a high libido so can I assume my drive will take a drastic nose dive? Has anyone struggled to loose weight post surgery? I'm a little overweight and have been trying really hard to loose weight so I'm also worried that I'll gain weight and it will be even harder to shift afterwards.

#90 Rachael2

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:21 AM

Thanks for replying. Its very reassuring to hear that neither of my biggest concerns have been a major issue for you. I've actually been reluctant to ask my Gynea due to our cultural differences and as I work with him and am a bit embarrassed to ask about the sex. Plus his a man anyway.

#91 sgpmum

Posted 01 September 2019 - 07:41 AM

Is this thread still active?

Anyone can give some feedback on the side effects?

#92 Expelliarmus

Posted 01 September 2019 - 09:38 AM

The side effects of what precisely? Of a hysterectomy I’ve had none really.

#93 Currywurst

Posted 01 September 2019 - 10:10 AM

I haven’t had any side effects that I can think of. What were you thinking?

#94 sgpmum

Posted 01 September 2019 - 12:07 PM

I had a uterus prolapse and the Dr recommended to have it removed (keeping the ovaries)

I was told that there's no side effects. But I just can't convince myself to do it. I can't imagine to have an organ removed from your body and there's no implications.
(I have completed my family and stop menstruating is a welcomed change).

I am been reading a lot, heard side effects like early onset of menopause, aging, weight gain, no memory (forgetting things), insomnia, etc..

Anyone here has all those ?

I have yet to speak to my Dr to delay the operation until I menopaused (not sure if it's even a choice for me)

#95 Expelliarmus

Posted 01 September 2019 - 12:16 PM

I have a prolapse as well and my pelvic floor was repaired in 2006 and after that was no longer working (it has about a 5 year life) my uterus was removed - leaving ovaries - in 2013.

I am been reading a lot, heard side effects like early onset of menopause, aging, weight gain, no memory (forgetting things), insomnia, etc..
None of these side effects have happened to me. I have a continuing prolapse of the vault which I kind of expected but no other symptoms.

#96 tintin78

Posted 07 September 2019 - 02:45 PM

I had mine done in January. I’ve not had any side effects whatsoever.
I kept my remaining ovary, had my uterus and cervix removed with a pelvic floor repair. It has been the best thing I’ve ever done. No more periods, no more low iron/Ferritin, no more pain every month leading up to my periods. I’ve had no weight gain-I’ve actually found it easier to drop weight-I’ve lost about 6kg since.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.