February 08 Parents # 77

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

#26 tortagianduia

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:27 PM

It has been so quiet in here!  Hope everyone is just super busy but going well!

Holly, love the new photos over at the blog - Hudson and Preston are both soooo cute!  So glad to hear Preston is sleeping better, that must be such a relief.  Yes, still have your mobile no., so will text you with the news when bub decides to put in an appearance - nothing happening so far so might be a bit of a wait yet!  

Rebecca, good on you for responding and sticking up for yourself.  Has your DH had any contact with the ILs at all since?  Sounds like your life will be much more peaceful without them in it.  I've been tempted to get a Touch too.  One of my friends from work has one, and found it fantastic when she was holidaying overseas - used to go sit in a cafe with free WiFi and chat on FB to her friends and family for nothing.  Yay on passing the 24 week mark - I always feel relieved to pass that point in pg too, and know that if the worse was to happen, bub would stand a chance.  Is your doctor concerned about the scar pain?  I was getting BHs from very early on too, but here I am 4 days away from my due date, still waiting...!  Hopefully your little boy will sit tight for awhile yet!  How's the name game going?

I had an appointment with one of the midwives at the hospital on Friday.  I have some oedema at the bottom of my belly - looks yuck as the fluid has gone into the stretch marks and distended them a little so it is lumpy - but as I don't have any other swelling, and BP is fine, it isn't a problem apparently.  It seems to have settled a little (perhaps because it isn't as hot here at the moment), but I don't think it will disappear entirely until bub is born.  The midwife did say I have a 'fair size baby on board'  ohmy.gif .  I replied that the last bub was 4.35kg at 9 days overdue, and I was hoping this one wouldn't be any bigger!  She said I could talk to one of the obs that day if I wanted about possible induction, but that it would be better if I could go into labour on my own, which I agree with, so I am sitting on it for now.  Next appointment is with a doctor, and they will discuss induction then.  They couldn't fit me in to see a doctor this Friday, so my appointment is next Monday, and I will be 40+5 by the due date the hospital is going off by then anyway, so I guess they'll just book me in for an induction 4-5 days later if nothing has happened in the meantime.  I am a little worried how big this bub is going to be, and how I am going to get him or her out, but hopefully bub won't gain too much more weight before the end of next week unsure.gif.

#27 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:16 PM

Ooh Amanda I am getting so excited for you!!

And no names here not even a short list lol

#28 tortagianduia

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:12 AM

Today is the due date the hospital have settled on, another 2 days until what I consider my due date...  Still waiting.  C'mon baby!!!  Another 5 days to go until my next hospital appointment to discuss induction with one of the doctors, really hoping not to make it to that appointment.

Hope everyone is going well...

#29 ~*tasha*~

Posted 03 November 2010 - 09:15 AM

Happy due date Amanda!  

Time has gone so quick! Georgia was 6 weeks old yesterday, she won't  be a newborn for much longer  sad.gif
I am taking her on her first plane trip next Thursday, we are flying to Canberra to see my mum and Nanna for a week.  Nanna isn't well so mum cannot leave her, so I thought I would take DD to her.  Leaving the other 2 at home with DH though, I don't think I could handle 3 kids ona plane by myself!

Rebecca congratulations on reaching 24 weeks, I am sure you breathed a sigh of relief when that day came around!  Goodluck finding another boys name, I like Cooper, but you already have a son with that name.

Holly glad to hear that preston is sleeping better for you now.

Have a great day ladies

#30 tortagianduia

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:59 AM

Due day for me today!  (But 2 days over now according to the scan date the hospital is using).  No sign of any action yet.  I used acupressure with Coen, and that worked (had him at 9 days past my due date on the day I was scheduled for induction; started the acupressure the night before).  Have been trying acupressure on and off the last couple of days, and although it does cause contractions, they stop as soon as I stop, they're not regular, so nothing is happening.  Think bub just isn't ready to come yet.  I had really hoped not to go overdue this time.  I was less concerned about being overdue last time compared to this time, but that is because I am worried how big this baby is going to be!  Jordan was 7lb 9oz at 12 days over, I had thought Coen might be a bit bigger - he was an entire 2lb bigger at 9lb 9oz at 9 days over!  And I really would prefer this baby wasn't bigger than him, so I was hoping not to go overdue, but apparently bub is quite comfy and has no intention of making an exit any time soon!  I have an appointment on Monday to discuss induction with one of the doctors, but was hoping to not need it, but at this rate I feel like I'll still be pg by Christmas!  Still, can only be a matter of time now.  I figure they'll book me for induction next Friday (I'll be 9 days overdue by their dates then) if nothing has happened.  C'mon baby!!!

Tasha, hope the plane trip next week goes well!  I bet your mum and Nanna can't wait to meet little Georgia!

#31 mygorgeousboy

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:17 AM

Happy DUE DATE Amanda!!!! biggrin.gif Hope your bubbba makes its move soon!

Hi girlies,

Not much to report. All are going well here. Loving my babies and they are both doing fabulously!

Hope everyone is well. xo

#32 Tetinks

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:35 PM

Hello my lovelies!

Once agin i have been a slack feb mummy. i do read, but haven't posted due to being busy, lazy and everything in between.

Amanda, sending you LOTS of labour vibes! have you tried acupressure again? it's so exciting, and it seems to have been such a quick pregnancy. As for bub's size, DS was a kilo lighter than DD (4.27kg vs 3.30kg), so don't stress too much, they're not always heavier.

Megan, how are you going, how far along now?

Holly, you sound really good. Little Preston must be 10 weeks or so now is he? How's Hudson going?

Tasha, glad to hear all is well with you. Pack some winter woolies b/c the weather is rubbish here ATM.

Rebecca - no short list at all? What about Ethan/Evan? And yay for your ILs moving away. you must feel so relieved.

Sary how are things with your friend? And yay Beau for pooping on the loo  wink.gif

Not much happening here.

DD is doing really well, much the same as all your 2 year olds I imagine. funny, cheeky, independent etc. She's obsessed with Snow White ATM and now TT for day - hooray!

DS is really good too. He is over his pneumonia (i think - one last x-ray next week) and is on a treatment plan for his asthma. he's only has one bad attack recently that landed us in hospital, but other than that he is healthier than he's ever been. Since we got his treatment sorted he's put on 1 kilo  ohmy.gif

His speech is amazing, he's up to about 30 words now at 14 months. it spins me out. i think he must just be very receptive to listening to DD rattle on all.day.long. still not walking, but getting there.

we're decided to TTC #3 cycle after next, i just want to have my friend's wedding in dec, then xmas with a few drinks. we had initially planned to sway but now can't decide what to sway for, so will take whatever we are given.

I got offered my dream job last week but am going to decline it, as the boss and hours are really family unfriendly. Sucks, but there will be more jobs...  i am also toying with the idea of starting a kids' clothing business. I'm just unsure about a few things (ie, whether to make custom order stuff, or have pre-made stock) and i'd need to figure out pricing/tax/time etc etc. But i really want to do it, so i should look into it some more.

sorry to be MIA for so long. hope you are all well xxx

#33 moo~tickle

Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:44 PM

good luck amanda!!!

claire i would totally buy from you - your stuff looks gorgeous!

#34 ginnyk

Posted 06 November 2010 - 08:35 PM

Good luck Amanda, looking forward to hearing your news original.gif

Hope everyone is well, we have been MIA again, but will try and pop back more regularly !

xo

#35 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:30 AM

Claire wow on tom's talking! Cooper is 15 months and still only says mum dad nan and booper (yes booper  rolleyes.gif ) And he's still not walking!

And nope, no shortlist, not a single name. Well I did like one name, but then after a few days realised it really didn't go with our surname.

Thinking of you Amanda, at least you know it could be any time now! Oh and my babies have all got smaller started at 10lb, then 8lb6, then 8lb2 and then 7lb 12

Edited by ~Simply*Blue~, 07 November 2010 - 11:31 AM.

#36 tortagianduia

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:15 PM

Hi girls!

Claire, so impressed by Tom's speech - that is incredible!  And I am glad he is doing better with his asthma and has put on a kilo!  Yay for Evie being TT during the day - great job!  I think it would be fantastic if you start a children's clothing business - your stuff is gorgeous!  Good luck with ttc - very exciting!  I tried acupressure a couple of times late last week, but it didn't seem to be working as well as it did when I did it to induce Coen's labour, so I decided to just leave things be as bub may not be in a favourable position to come yet.

I had an appointment with one of the doctors at the hospital this morning - it was only his first day down in antenatal clinic.  My BP was up when he first took it, and my ankles are a little swollen (no other symptoms though), so he decided to err on the side of caution and send me for blood and urine tests, and to the day unit for monitoring.  As I am already 5 days overdue going by the 12 week scan date, the registrar came in and gave me an internal - I'm 1-2cm dilated, cervix soft and stretchy, so she gave me a stretch and sweep and got me to 3cm, and has booked me in for induction tomorrow where they will break my waters.  I had not expected to be booked for induction before Friday, but I think as I am already overdue and BP was up, no point in sitting on it.  My BP came back down to normal in day unit and CTG looked good, so I was cleared to go home, and now just have to call in the morning to find out when to go in to delivery suite.  

Yesterday when I woke up I noticed my belly had a big dip in the centre - looking like a crater with my belly button at the centre of the crater, so I suspected bub had turned posterior, which the midwife in day unit confirmed.  Apparently bub's back is to the left of my spine, so she said if I lie on my left hand side, it might encourage bub to turn around to back facing the left side of my front, which would be much better for labour.

The CTG showed I am having regular contractions since the stretch and sweep, but they are very mild.  I am feeling generally uncomfortable with pelvic pain plus the discomfort of having had the sweep, so a lot of the time I am barely noticing them at this stage.

Last night I had resigned myself to not having this baby before the end of the week, and thought it might be a good thing, as Jordan has his awards night tomorrow, and is getting an award so I was hoping to make it.  Mum is going to take him though, so at least he won't miss out.

I am kind of still in shock that if everything goes well, I will be meeting my baby sometime tomorrow hopefully!  I will text Holly with the news original.gif

#37 tortagianduia

Posted 09 November 2010 - 10:15 AM

Still waiting at home wwhistle.gif...  I called delivery suite at 7am to find out what time to go in, and was told there were problems, and to phone back after 9am when the doctors would have finished their meeting.  Was a bit worried about what that meant - turns out they must just be full.  Called at 9 and was told the hospital will phone me when there is a bed available.  So who knows when that will be?  Perhaps not even today, and I was all psyched up, but oh well!  Have been having mild tightenings since the sweep yesterday, but the pain is barely noticeable, and they're not changing in frequency or intensity, so doesn't look like I will go into labour on my own - just as well seeing as there are no beds.

#38 mygorgeousboy

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:00 AM

Ohhhh Amanda.......Good luck good luck good luck! I'll be thinking of you all day and hope to get a text from you soon! sending bigs hugs your way xox biggrin.gif

#39 mygorgeousboy

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:29 AM

Just popping in to see how you are Amanda. Hopefully you are well wherever you may be! I'll be stalking all day. x original.gif

#40 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:33 PM

just stalking for baby news  ph34r.gif

I was told today it looks like I have obstetric cholestasis. I have this insane itching that is driving me nuts! I have a liver function test and bile acid test in the morning and I'm just hoping now that it isn't too severe. I've taken a phernegan tonight, and hopefully get some sleep as a side effect. I'm going to get some calomine tomorrow.

#41 mygorgeousboy

Posted 11 November 2010 - 03:52 PM

Baby News.....

Amanda had a beautiful baby girl this morning at 7:12am.

Elise Catharina Evelyn, 4970g, 59cm long, HC 36cm.
Inhaled mec, so she is in SCN for 48 hrs for IVABs.

Congratulations Amanda on your beautiful baby girl. Enjoy your precious newborn cuddles xo

#42 babybump2

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:00 PM

Oooohhhhhhhh been looking ALL DAY!!!!

YAY! YAY! YAY!

Thanks for letting us know Holly!

Amanda - sooooo soooo sooooooooooooooooooooo THRILLED for you!

Love the name Elise!

Rest up and can't wait to see some snaps xxxxx
llove.gif

#43 ~*tasha*~

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:30 PM

Congratulations Amanda!  You certainly don't make small babies, I don't think Georgia has even reached 4kilos at 7 weeks of age! Enjoy your baby girl! I hope she is out of scn soon

#44 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:14 PM

Congratulations Amanda!!

Wow, she certainly was big, 4.9 kg must be up around 11lb right? Talon was 4.5kg and spot on 10.

#45 Tetinks

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:27 PM

Hurrah Amanda and welcome baby ELISE! Impressive weight but i amazed by her length!

Hope you are both well, this is such wonderful news.

#46 RedsGirl

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:21 AM

HURRAY!!!! Congratulations Amanda - a little girl, how gorgeous!! Great name too, I love it!!!!

Rest up, and I hope the little one is back next to her Mummy asap!!

Hi to everyone else, I"ve been naughty and reading a lot  but not posting. I'm back in an open plan office so its tricky at work and then I am too tired at night  rolleyes.gif

I am 15+ 2 now - still keeping it a bit quiet as I am waiting for the big scan in a couple of weeks. I'm a bit scared, we opt not to have 12 week scans but I still get scared everything is OK just given my age and, well, the fact  that things can go wrong that are completely out of your control.

I have quite a bit of movement now, its been building for a few weeks now so that's reassuring and we got to hear the heartbeat last week at the Obs, so that was good also.

OK, better get back to work!!

Wonderful news again Amanda!!

#47 moo~tickle

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:09 PM

YEAH AMANDA!!!
so here i go!
bbaby.gif  laugh.gif  wub.gif  grin.gif  babygirl.gif  bbabyflip.gif  babygirl.gif  bbabyflip.gif  babygirl.gif  bbabyflip.gif  babygirl.gif  bbighug.gif  ddance.gif  cclap.gif  eexcite.gif  hhugs.gif  llove.gif  ppinkstork.gif  ppinkstork.gif  ppinkstork.gif  tthumbs.gif  waves.gif  ppinkstork.gif  ppinkstork.gif  ppinkstork.gif

great news original.gif

good news about heartbeat megan

#48 gissellle

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:02 PM

Nawwwwww............... Amanda a little girl  babygirl.gif  wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif   huge Congrats!!!

Congrats to all the new bubbas... Holly and Tasha.... Anyone else?

And those pregnant... Rebecca and Megan!! YAY!!

Long time no chat! No doubt i've missed out on heaps, i rarely even come on EB anymore, i just can't keep up with these forums! lol

Sienna's doing well, she's been day TT for about 2 months or so, it only took a week to do it, so pretty happy about that. She really is a beautiful child, well behaved, just a gem really!

Hudson turned 1 last month, OMG where did that year go??? He's walking around everywhere, or should i say running! lol He says mum, dad and bub, that's about it. Claire... 30 words.. wow that's impressive! I'm so proud to still be breastfeeding DS after only making it to 4 1/2 months with DD. Only trouble is he still wakes up twice a night for a feed.  

I can't remember if i told you girls what happened after his birth? Anyway because of what's happened i can't have any more children and it seems being on EB surrounded by pregnant women and new bubbas makes me really sad, especially tonight for some reason sad.gif Amanda i cried for you when i read your news! (in a good way though!)

Will try to pop back again soon!

#49 ginnyk

Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:26 PM

Congratulations Amanda!!!!! Woo Hoo, wonderful news. I hope little bubby is doing well!!! And mummy too!!!

xoxoxoxo
ginny

grin.gif grin.gif grin.gif  
wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
babygirl.gif babygirl.gif babygirl.gif

#50 mummytoboyz

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:49 PM

Hiya Feb mummies and babies (well not so much babies anymore)
Hope you are all well, not sure if many will remember me but I was a member when we were all pregnant and I had Jake (boy #5)
He is turning 3 in Jan cant believe all our babies are nearly 3! and he runs rings around me, he was in hossy for 7 weeks recently with a fractured femur so he had to be in traction, my poor baby..
hopefully i can pop on a bit more and get up todate with everyone original.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.