February 08 Parents # 77

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

#51 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:26 PM

Hi Fern! Of course we remember you original.gif I have often wondered how you are it is nice to hear from you

#52 mygorgeousboy

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:45 AM

Hi Girls......

Its been so quiet in here!! Where is everyone????

Hi Fern....nice to see you back. original.gif

Amanda, How are you??? I hope you and baby Elise are getting some sleep and settling into life as a family of 5. How are the boys going? Does Coen adore his new baby sister? Cant wait to see some pics!!!

Megan, Wow you must be 16 weeks by now.. Thats great! When do you plan on going on leave? Hows Mimie going at daycare now?

Bec, Hope your bump is growing nicely...original.gif Hows the MIL situation?

Sary, Are you there?????? Hope your well.

Hellloooo to everyone else. Come back and play!

We are doing great. Both boys are such a delight. Preston is 3mths old....Where did that time go? He is awesome, smiling and laughing now. He adores his big brother and vice versa!!  We are flat out leading up to christmas. I cant wait. I have done most of my shopping online this year which has been a lot easier than dragging 2 kiddies around the shops. Anyway i'm off to feed a bub......xo

#53 mummytoboyz

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE (~Simply*Blue~ @ 17/11/2010, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Fern! Of course we remember you original.gif I have often wondered how you are it is nice to hear from you

Thanks original.gif

and I see a big CONGRATS is due another boy...welcome to the club Tounge1.gif

#54 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 25 November 2010 - 09:16 AM

Thanks Fern original.gif I just don't do girls apparantly lol

#55 RedsGirl

Posted 26 November 2010 - 08:31 AM

Awww, Rebecca, c'mon - we all now it's not actually you!! It's the menfolk who determine gender  wink.gif

Hi Fern.  I think about you often and wonder how you are doing -please give us an update on your gorgeous family!!

Amanda
- loving the pics of Elise on FB - she is gorgeous - future Opal perhaps??

Holly - so glad to hear your boys are giving you so much joy. 3 months - wow!!

I freaked out the other day when I was wiating for the train and it really hit me that Mimie is turning 3 soon. 3!!!! THREE!!!  Where on earth did that time go???

#56 Tetinks

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:07 PM

3!!!! THREE!!! Where on earth did that time go???

waaaaahhhhhh    ddown.gif   cry1.gif

That is so hard to wrap my head around. I just weaned DS yesterday, we made it to 15 months. Today is the first time since May 07 I haven't been pregnant or breastfeeding. Not sure what i think about that. Hope to address that soon though  wink.gif

#57 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 26 November 2010 - 03:45 PM

True Megan I blame dh then  tongue.gif

I know what you mean about turning 3. I can't believe it, someone asked how old he was the other day, I replied almost 3 sad.gif

He's such a character now, his personality is really coming out, a real little sh*t stirrer lol. One thing he does is just goes and stands in front of the tv just so his brothers can't see, of course he stands with his back to them so he can have his own little smirk about it. Talking heaps, out of nappies, starting preschool next year.

I've only got another 8 weeks to go and I'll have a newborn again HOW DID THAT HAPPEN!?!?

#58 mygorgeousboy

Posted 26 November 2010 - 09:13 PM

cry1.gif  Three years old...I can't believe it either!!! I'm kinda sad that its all happening so fast.

Hudson is super excited to be turning 3.....(some of his little friends have already had their 3rd b-days).

Time is just flying by and i am trying really hard to soak up every moment.

Have a fabulous weekend girls and cuddle your big two year old before they grow up and move out.  tongue.gif ohmy.gif sad.gif   xox

#59 mummytoboyz

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:51 PM

Oh Rebecca I dont do girls either wink.gif the amount of times I have been told oh but your so good with boys...a girl would never suit you! well I wanted to try a girl before I decided that wink.gif

I still look at Jake and think of him as a baby...he really only looks like he has turned 2 instead of being 3 in 7 weeks ohmy.gif
He runs our house...what ever he wants he gets the boys just adore him  biggrin.gif

just a little update, we have recently move back to Vic from Darwin  and we are loving it, we are just around the corner fom mum now and lifeis perfect  original.gif
Im back at uni next year finally doing my mid...only part time, Im super excited to start  I have been putting it off for years but now Jake is old enough I will put him into daycare for one day and mum can have him the other days...

Hope you have all had fab weekends original.gif

P.s ho do you post pics on here I have forgotten Tounge1.gif or is the blog still going??

#60 mygorgeousboy

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:21 PM

Fern, the blog is still going...Would love to see some updated pics of your boys original.gif

#61 mummytoboyz

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:17 PM

oh excellant...can someone post the link for me biggrin.gif

#62 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:40 PM

Fern I just keep getting told how b**chy girls are and how I'm lucky I didn't get one  huh.gif  Along with the 'are you going to keep trying for a girl' I just try and laugh now. It's highly unlikely I'll be physically able to have another baby so this is it for me.

I'll pm the link original.gif

Edited by ~Simply*Blue~, 29 November 2010 - 03:43 PM.

#63 kaishra

Posted 30 November 2010 - 01:19 AM

OMG I think i missed an entire thread, congrats to Amanda, wow what a whopper lol

This will be quick cause it's 2.14am, I am sooo slack but I have to get up in the morning to get Will to sign his Xmas cards for preschool and make Xmas tree shaped fairy bread for his preschool Xmas party lol and not sleep in on top of that lol

It is amazing how time flies, I've been telling people that I have a 2yo and hear he is nearly 3!  He's still feeding, so's Max biggrin.gif Max stopped for a month in July I think it was but since he restarted he's turned into just as much a booby baby as Joel is lol.

I've been told that we should be moving in May, not impressed cause I was hoping to go at the end of terms not mid term but typical defence force they can't make things easy. Anyway they'll probably change it again before that anyway.

GOtta go, I was planning on going to bed at midnight lol

TTYS

#64 babybump2

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:39 PM

Hi lovely ladies and all your gorgeous little ones!  Well the countdown is on!  Here we are in DECEMBER!!!   ohmy.gif

Sorry been really slack on here lately!

Life is manic!  DH been out of action with 2 bulging discs in his back and the usual RACING with 2 kids... Macy starting prep next year - ahhhhhhhh!  Having crisis over Beau turning 3 and when to send to kinder - ahhhhhhhh!!!  And just the usual household madness!

And Christmas here soon too of course... everything is just busy busy busy BUSY!!!!

Just a quick hello!  Hope all well... xxx

#65 mummytoboyz

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:57 PM

Hey guys I have posted a pic of Jakey on the blog biggrin.gif

Also I was wondering do any of you, do a private blog?? I would love to read them if you do biggrin.gif

I have just started to blog, not sure what Im doing yet Tounge1.gif

heres the link

lifethebrennanway.blogspot.com

#66 mygorgeousboy

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:32 AM

Oh Wow is anyone left in here?

I have been checking in here every few days now and its been so quiet. I haven't really had much to write though. I hope that you are all okay and just busy with the typical Christmas rush.

Fern, I had a peek over at your blog. Wow your boys have all grown up. Jake is adorable!

Sary, Hope you and your little ones are well. Is Macy excited to be going to big school?

Lauren, Was thinking about you last week during the floods. Hope you are okay and not too washed out.

Rebecca, How far along are you now?

Amanda, How is baby Elise? I miss your posts. Would love to hear how your are all doing!

Not a lot has been happening here. I have finished all of the Chrissy shopping and so cant wait for Christmas day to see Hudson's face. He is very excited. We had our Santa pics taken last week. Hudson was very good. Didn't really talk to Santa much but sat up on his lap with a great big smile on his face. We got a cool photo!  biggrin.gif
Preston is 4 months old now. I cant believe how fast he is growing up. He is such a chubba. His sleeps have gone right off but he is very happy when he is awake so its doesn't matter to much. He is still suffering bad wind and it wakes him up a few times throughout the night.
We went to the Wiggles concert last week. Hudson LOVED it. He is not a huge Wiggle fan but he had so much fun. Preston sleep for half it and then sat up and watched the other half. I thought it was really good.

Merry Christmas to everyone. I hope you all pop back in here soon.  wink.gif

#67 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 17 December 2010 - 02:20 PM

Yeah it has been quiet in here, I miss it  sad.gif

I'm 32 weeks tomorrow. Last week had a bit of a scare when I started having contractions, but they gave me medication to stop them and it seemed to work almost immediatley.

Another 6 weeks at the most, but I still reckon he's going to come early.

#68 mygorgeousboy

Posted 17 December 2010 - 03:33 PM

Rebecca, OMG your pregnancy has gone so fast. (for me anyway)!!!!! I cant believe your 32 weeks already.
Glad everything has settled down after your scare. Hows your list of names going?

I miss hearing from everyone too sad.gif

Come back ladies!!!

#69 kaishra

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:44 PM

I'm still here, just really slack on not posting much

Other than a great big bulge in our ceiling from where some tiles had shifted and let in masses of rain we were fine, kinda a weird thing watching your ceiling grow like it's pregnant lol  I got told to put a little hole in it which I did with a crochet hook, that let all the water out, then along came DH who didn't believe me when I said the ceiling was soft and he put a hole in it! Doofus!!!  Some parts around here were flooded but it wasn't too close to us, more on the outskirts of town to the north and east, we're south

#70 babybump2

Posted 18 December 2010 - 08:32 AM

Hi Girls!

I am here too... just been really slack at posting!

Off today for Macy's end of year dance concert.  So cute.  Dancing to "My bootskooting baby is driving me crazy... Going make you mine better step in line... 5-6-7-8"  You know the one?  She has a sort of cowboy come tutu outfit!  Just hoping Beau is going to be patient enough to sit through it!

We are off camping tomorrow with 2 other families at Wilsons Prom.  However the rain keeps hammering down and the forecast isn't looking much better.  Wish us luck!

Getting ready for Christmas... and feeling really excited!

Off to Perth on NY to see Mum and Dad and DH side of family.

Hope everyone is well... will try and get back and post a bit more often.   Often thinking of you girls.  Luckily I see a few of you on FB and see what you are up to that way.

Happy Weekend everyone!

Megan - how is your pregnancy going???

Rebecca - your pregancy has gone SUPER FAST!  But then again this whole year has!

Holly - glad to hear all is well with you.  Yesss Macy is SOOOOOO excited about starting school.  Gee I am going to miss her so much next year but I am excited for her as she is so ready.

Everyone else - love to hear how you are all going x

#71 mygorgeousboy

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:53 AM

Sary, have fun camping. I love camping but we never go. We are going to Thailand for a wedding in March...So excited. A little nervous taking a 7mth old on a 9.5hr plane trip though.  huh.gif Oh and please post some gorgeous pics of Macy in her dance concert. wub.gif

Lauren, that's great that you didn't have too much damage in the floods. It would just be awful. We had loads of rain here too.

Whats everyone doing for Christmas???? We are having Christmas morning at our house, opening pressies and breakfast and then we are going to DH's family in Wollongong for lunch. DH's Aunty has an amazing house on the beach with a huge pool so I'm hoping its a nice day.  biggrin.gif

#72 RedsGirl

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:53 AM

Hi girls - its been a while but I have been reading I promise!!

Well, I have just about clocked the 21 week mark.  We had our scan week before last and saw the Obs last Friday and everything is looking good. I know of course there are still 'things' that could happen but I am really relieved.  Bubs is moving a lot which is nice (can feel gurgling now actually) and we are making a few plans for moving rooms around etc.  Red keeps wanting Mimie to move rooms, whereas I am admant she should stay where she is as the new bub is enough of an upheaval without her being moved out of her room- not a good connection for her to make I think. Its kind of nice though not having to get too much 'big' stuff. The most we will need is a big bed for Mimie and maybe a new bookshelf - I really like this one plus its cheap - like that!

Mimie stil isn't toilet trained, we had a run for a week or so and she wasn't upset by it just refused to sit on the toilet point blank and wasn't telling us beforehand, so we decided to have a break. I refuse for the toilet to become a big deal, so we will give it a go over Xmas when we are home for a few days and the weather is warmer (hopefully!!).

Went to see the Wiggles yesterday and I think she really enjoyed it. It was a big day and I had fun, so tha'ts what really matters right?  She was up the whole time either dancing, snacking or watching the other kids.

Glad to hear everyone is well. I see some are peeling off for Xmas holidays.  I hope the weather picks up for us all - gee this country can be weird can't it??  From drought to floods - amazing.

We are having Xmas at home, after me trying to convince Red to 'run away'. He thought I was joking - but I wasn't!!!    I just hate going in 5 different directions and we can cook the hot stuff outside on the barbie, so it should be a nice, relaxing day.  As long as I get some cherries all will be well.

Mimie is getting a scooter. I've also got her a playdough set and a doctors kit as she is quite certain she will be a doctor when she grows up, just like Doctor Irene (our GP).  She doesn't like Santa much - great on the tv or when he's five metres away, not so hot up close. Well, we tried!

Holly - that sounds fabulous, I hope it does fine up for you so you can enjoy the water. Sounds like you are really enjoying your two boys which is wonderful.

Rebecca- just wanted to say take it easy!!  Well done on getting this far I hope its all smooth sailing from here. Must be quite stressful.

Better go.  

Happy Christmas everyone!!!

#73 mygorgeousboy

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:25 PM

Just popping in to wish you all a very Merry Christmas. I hope all of your little ones  have a magical day and you all enjoy their happy excited faces on Christmas morning. biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.