January 08 Parents # 212

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
78 replies to this topic

#26 joka

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:18 PM

Bec ~ I am so sorry for your loss, we are here if you need us bbighug.gif Please look after yourself and hope tomorrow is as painfree as possible.

Went to Ballarat today so went to a 'shopping Center' (nothing that exciting here). I felt gutted by the number of people that stared at Harry ( he has 2 black eyes for anyone who hasn't seen FB). I already feel so bad that he hurt himself, not to mention that on Monday Patterson pulled a mattress down that was leaning in the wall and he went face first in to the floor and added to the bump.
I guess it is this day and age we are all suspisious but I felt really bad todayguess I will mark it up as one of "those" days.

Hope everyone is doing well, we are. Patty is almost 18 months now, not that you can tell I swear that most days he is more like Harry's twin than little brother. Lawson is now 10 weeks old man it has gone quick, he is a smiley little guy like his brothers at the same age, sleeps 9 to 4 ish at night.
Joel has booked in to get the snip have to wait till Feb, but he is happy to get it done so I am not complaining.

Better head to bed get some sleep (hopefully lol)

#27 *~*ME*~*

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:17 AM

omg no one has posted in here for a week.

#28 *Mumma-to-A*

Posted 11 November 2010 - 11:59 PM

Not much happening Bec. How you feeling?

I went to an enrolement day yesterday for Kindy (3 year old) next year and Alex will go on Tues afternoon and Friday mornings in the mean time I've picked up an extra morning at daycare on Fridays to get him used to being away from me and taking time out for myself. He is going through a clingy stage where I can't be more than 3 metres away from him or even go into another room and it's doing my head in. I love him but I want my independant little man back.

#29 Abbygirl

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:24 AM

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Bec, you poor thing sad.gif How are you going?

Oh wow, kindy allready Sonia? Here in SA it starts at 4 yrs of age..
Gracie is going through a clingy stage too, she really seems to need physical affection ATM.

I can't believe that Lawson is nearly 3 mths old already Kat! That has gone soooo quick!
Yeah my DH is happy to go in for the snip once bub is born, and I'm happy for him to do it too! 2 children is perfect for us and our lifestyle original.gif

Well I had my most recent DR's visit and my placenta is only 1 cm away from my cervix, which explains why Bub feels SO low. I have my next scan at 32 weeks so if it hasn't moved by then it's a C-section for me  that scares me so much, having someone cut me open  So fingers crossed it moves up and I get to have another vaginal birth.
Bub is doing well, he was booting the Doppler when she was trying to trace his HB, she was surprised at how active he is and commented that it's a good indicator of how he'll be outside the womb! I was thrilled, but if that's true then we will definitely have our hands full as DD just doesn't stop  
My FH is still measuring a week ahead so we'll see how big I get
My MS has come back these last 2 weeks and I just feel miserable. I'm not throwing up again - thank goodness, but it's been a close call. Lots of gagging and queasiness.... and my ankles and hands are swelling already. The other day I was driving and I said to DH that my legs felt funny, when we got home I looked down and there they were - cankles - it's not even hot here, today is 18 degrees FGS! So I'll have to start taking it easier in the next couple of months...

We've been pretty busy here clearing out our shed to make space for all our storage crates. So far we've packed up half the study in these 100 kilo plastic crates and last weekend we had a garage sale to get rid of the junk we didn't want.. so we're half way there, just have to finish packing the study, move all the crates into the garage and then we can start on the nursery! YAY! I'm so impatient with it all right now - I just want it done and dusted so I can go in there and cluck

What else?   I've nearly finished our Christmas shopping  Just need to get DH's present and he needs to get mine and we're all done! I've really enjoyed it this year, I love picking out presents for people.
I'm thinking of decorating Gracie's play room with Christmas decorations today but I might make it a into treat that I get to do only after I've done all my chores...

I hope everyone is well wub.gif

#30 chaosprincess

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:22 PM

Moving this weekend original.gif Not looking forward to the actual move, but so excited to have a fresh start somewhere new!

Things are still going well with H. I have never connected this way with someone before, it's like we are meant for each other... we are just on the same wavelength original.gif It's awesome. I met his good friends last weekend and we got along so well, so much in common.

I've been touched by the kindness of my friends helping me out with moving. I've seen such selflessness from people and that's rare to find these days. So thankful to have such wonderful people in my life original.gif It's brought me to tears the kindness a select few have shown me actually, just amazing.

The only real negatives at the moment are a b*tch of a new property manager that has been causing me grief since she took over a month ago, but I'll be glad to be away from her soon. And I'm no longer getting any CS so money is pretty tight, I'm supporting 3 children all on my own. But such is life I guess.

I had lunch with a good friend I've known since uni today in the city, was awesome to catch up with her. She was in Brissy for a work conference, she's hoping to move back to Brissy by the end of next year, so that was good news original.gif

And that's about it really.... pretty quiet in here it seems. I don't come on to EB much anymore. Bit over the general negativity that the general sections can perpetuate.

Sonia - I'm not sure where abouts in WA you are, but if you'd like to catch up that would be awesome. I get in to Perth real late on the 2nd as I said before. Staying in Perth a day or 2 then heading to Bunburry until the 6th, then back to Perth to fly to Kalgoorlie to visit my Dad. Will stay there until the 9th. My Dad is a champion, he paid for my flights to go see him which incidently cost more than the flights from Brissy to Perth, go figure LMAO

#31 chaosprincess

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:23 PM

Sorry for your loss Bec, my thoughts go out to you and your family.

#32 chaosprincess

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:47 PM

Me too Donna. Will wears undies at daycare 2 days a week as they go to the loo every hour. I just don't have that sort of commitment Tounge1.gif I mean Wil goes to the loo when I ask him too but nappies are just less stress at this point in time. I figure he will be like the girls and just be ready when he is and no fuss! I think when girls transitioned to undies I had a couple of night wees ie wet beds and that was it. It just naturally happens at around 3 or so. I never pressure for toilet training it just happens when they are ready.

Wil is such an easy child compared to the twins. His tantrums are mild and if I ask him to do something he doesn't want to do, I just persist and after about the 3rd or 4th time he says "all right" puts his head down a little to show defiance and goes off and does it bahahaha classic. Love it.

#33 *Mumma-to-A*

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:07 AM

Marika - It's 3 year old kindy he will go for 2 x 2.5 sessions, it's ran by a early childhood teacher at the community centre. THe following year is 4 year kindy is at the school and he will go for 3 full days so this is kinda prep him for that. I do hope the palcenta moves but it good to know now for a c-section so you can plan and research before hand and hopefully calm your nerves. Let us know if you do need any help or want to ask questions.

Mel - A meet up would be great. I'll PM my mobile number to you. I'm only 20-30 mins from the airport (south of river) so let me know where you plan on staying. Why aren't you getting your CS at the moment? How did the move go? Good luck to the new start. Tell me about in state flying it's cheaper for me to go to melbourne or sydney than it is to go to see my sister in Port hedland.

Donna - I can't beleive Ben is 1 soon. I can't believe we nearly have 3 year olds either.

I just pulled a tick out of Alex's shoulder before his bath. I had one under my boob 2 weeks ago. Both times it's been because I was in my parents garden. ANy ideas on how to prevent them? Should we be using a insect repellant.

Tantrums have been the worst ever for the last 2 days. Both times lasting over 30 mins but I've just been putting him in the corner and once he is finished he says sorry and it's like nothing has happened meanwhile I'm frazzled.

I just think Alex is not ready for toilet training. He has to be initating toilet training to start kindy 3 but can attend in pull ups. I think it can survive 2.5 hours in a pull up so not stressing. He will be 3 the day before it starts but he just doesn't get it.

#34 poss71

Posted 23 November 2010 - 04:14 PM

Hi guys.

Bec, I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you are doing ok. How are you coping? bbighug.gif

Sonia, poor you and Alex, ticks! *shudder* I don't know how to prevent them, maybe Aerogard?

Mel, I've been meaning to ask you how you toilet trained two at once? The very idea of it terrifies me! At the moment, we're 'taking turns'. Meggie wants to climb on the toilet (still with nappy on) and sit, just so she can flush the toilet rolleyes.gif , while Eleanor loves to use half a roll of loo paper at a time. *sigh*

I was thinking for a while there that she'd never get it, but Eleanor started to wee when sitting on the toilet and we're gradually getting to the 'toilet trained' stage - who knows when, but hopefully we'll be mostly there by the end of summer!

Yay for good friends. It is so much easier to move when you don't have to do it all yourself.

Donna, how gorgeous that Toby kisses himself better. wub.gif

Kat, I hope Harry is all better now.  I can only imagine how hard it must be to front up to all the 'looks' you would have got out in public. How did he do it? My mum had two black eyes after hitting her head in a car accident we had (the car rolled, very impressive) when I was about 13. The small town we lived in went nuts over the 'scandal' about the lawyer's wife and her two black eyes lol.

Marika, I hope the m/s eases up again. Oh I hated cankles so much (the only thing I hated about pregnancy lol). Fingers crossed your placenta moves up a bit more.

Well, DH has gone and done it now. No more babies for us (barring an 'accident' before the dr gives the all-clear laughing2.gif ). Poor sod, he had a GA and was really woozy for 24 hours after. They used enough anaesthetic to knock out a horse, I reckon. He was a bit bruised and battered, but all good now 8 days on.

#35 *Mumma-to-A*

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:41 PM

Everyone come back I'm lonely  cry1.gif

#36 GIO

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:49 AM

Hey All

Hope you are all well.  

Bram had his first haircut tonight.  It was looking very scraggy but I just couldn't bring myself to lop off those gorgeous ringlets, til tonight.  Well I had a photoshoot on Sunday so I'd been saving them for that as I wanted him looking adorable.  Now he looks even prettier - LOL.  Kind of like a girl with a bob.  

He is speaking really well, making full sentences, and is a heap of trouble.  LOL.  I'm not sure how he's going to go at three year old kinder next year, he just doesn't think that the sit down and listen to the story rule applies to him.

On the other hand he's VERY switched on.  He remebers where he puts everything and listens to adult conversations and understands more than he should.  ie you might be talking about getting lunch, well next thing you know he runs off and comes back with a loaf of bread and the vegemite coz he heard lunchtime being mentioned!

All the othes are well.  Lydia is thriving at school.  Got an excellent report.  Henry will be repeating four year old kinder next year which will be a nightmare for me.  I'll be up there three mornings a week for him and two afternoons for Bram.  Eeek!  Plus I'm the secretary of the kinder so I'm there for that as well.  I might as well just move in.  BabyJ is doing ace!  She has two gorgeous little teeth, oh and is crawling.  She did only two weeks of commando crawling - the boys commadoed for months!  Then she just got up on her knees one day and starting shuffling forward, much to our delight.

Hope you all have a lovely Xmas and safe new year.

This group is so quiet now, I think I might be able to keep up with you all!

#37 Abbygirl

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:22 PM

I'm here Sonia, just didn't have much to report on which is a good thing original.gif

Well done to your DH Jo, it's a scary procedure for a man to go through.
Mine is keen to get it done too once bub arrives and we know that all is well. I'm more than happy for him to get fixed, this will be it for us, two is just right for our lifestyle original.gif

Looks like things are going well for you Amanda, Gracie and Bram sound so similar, she's not one to sit still for long either, and she has the most amazing memory!
This age really is magical wub.gif
ohmy.gif Cant believe J has two teeth and is crawling allready, it feels like yesterday that you had her!

AFM I had my GD test on wed and my Anti-D injection - ouchie, but good to know we have that protection in case bub does come early... My BP is still low, 97/69 but my DR is very pleased with it, I'd prefer low over high any day! My Fundal height is measuring 2 weeks ahead  so either I have a big baby in there or lots of fluid...
I've been getting some massive braxton hicks lately, quite tight and a tad uncomfortable... I think my uterus is protesting laughing2.gif

We officially have a nursery now! We cleaned out our study and packed everything away last weekend. Then Gracie and I assembled the cot (Well I did, Gracie played with the allen keys and screwdrivers ) and I've put up our nursery curtains.. now to decorate the room and bring the change table in from Gracie's room then it will mostly be done.  so over the next couple of days I'll paint the paintings that we'll hang and I might start on his bunting
So exciting!

I have a cold - feeling pretty average, so DH stayed home today to look after us. I had hardly any sleep last night from feeling achy and feverish, but I did have a nearly 3 hour nap this afternoon, so that's helped. I'm starting to crash and burn again now though...
But I'm so thankful that I've finished all our Christmas shopping and card sending yesterday. All done - it's such a great feeling to be organised!

What are everyone’s plans for Christmas day?
We're going to have lunch here just the 4 of us then head down to BIL's house for afternoon celebrations... nothing major or too stressing. We'll make the lunch together this year - Turkey and roast veg with all the trimmings and then dessert (where is the drool emoticon? )
I'm so excited to read 'The Night Before Christmas' to Gracie on Christmas eve for the first time ever, it's to be a tradition from here on in  and I can't wait for her to open her presents  We have a nice fat stocking waiting for her to open full of cool toys and books, and for her main present we got her the full sized Woody and Buzz Lightyear figurines as she LOVES Toy Story! Then in 3 weeks it's her 3rd birthday and she gets the Jessie and Bullseye figurines! She is going to be sooooooo excited! We bought them in the July sales and just as well as they are the collector’s edition and were half priced.

#38 chaosprincess

Posted 15 December 2010 - 03:56 PM

I don't really pop in much, just to catch up on news.

Was great meeting you Sonia, and little Alex!

I had a fab time in WA. Lots of nights out, did the touristy things, ate an emu pie (was ok) met a couple of other people from online original.gif Was great to see my dad again.

Was good to get home also original.gif

All is good with me, still seing H, have the whole Brady Bunch thing going with his 2 kids in Brissy for school holidays original.gif We got some funny looks on the weekend when we went to the shops... I guess I now have some knowledge of what larger families go through. Been fun though, because his kids are older they entertain mine, win win really hahaha.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas biggrin.gif

#39 GIO

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:14 PM

Oh, yes, not long til the birthdays too eh?

Well done on getting the nursery done.

Yes Bram is a clever little thing.  He threw his hat away whilst on the pram the other day and I told him off and he had to keep it on or he'd get burnt.
"I get burnt?"
"yes"
"I get fire on my head?"

LOL - he now thinks the hat stops his head from bursting into flames!

Mel - You sound blissfully happy with your new man.  Hope it goes well!   Mwah!

#40 GIO

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:42 AM

Crap.  I forgot to tell you about Bram's asthma.  He was a bit ill a few weeks back.  When I went out he was quite hot, so had a fever as he was obviously fighting something, tell DH to just keep his eye on him.  When I get home he is asleep but breathing is very laboured and wheezy, we feel sorry for him, but because we don't know what asthma is we don't recognise it.  During the night he comes into our bed and his breathing is extremely fast and furious and he is clearly struggling, so we decide we'd best take him to the hospital as he doesn't sound too good.  DH takes him, is seen straight away, gets a dr and three nurses straight onto him and DH is told he should have called an ambulance.  Oooops, so you can imagine how bad we felt.  His oxygen levels were quite low.

Anyway, the keep him for the rest of the night, next day they allergy test him and he comes back allergic to household molds, fungus and of course dustmites.  Now I personally reckon that everyone would show allergic symptoms to dustmites, but since our house had 60 year old carpet we probably had many more dustmites than the average house.  So we have ripped up the carpet and how have floorboards.

So Bram has what they term viral induced asthma.  It means that it will be triggered by a virus/an illness.  So he will be ill before he gets the asthma, which is a good thing, as it means we'll have warning that it may be coming, so can be prepared.  It also means that he won't have it day in day out like some asthma types.  And it won't appear every time he gets sick, just that IF he's gonna get it, it will be when he's ill.  

So it might be that he only ever has one attack in his life.  Hope so.

Alrighty, if I don't get on again soon, everyone have a lovely Christmas and a safe New Year, and all that jazz!

Cheers

Oh, I'm away for a fair bit of January, so I may not pop in, so if I don't, please all our Jan babies have a wonderful 3rd birthday.  OMG is it really three years since we were having babies?

#41 *Mumma-to-A*

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:58 PM

Amanda - I had (have) the same thing. My parents ripped out all the carpet in our house and replaced with slate and floating floor boards for the bedrooms as I got so bad. I tend to get the same in spring now. Wish we could replace our carpets.

Mel - Lovely to catch up with you hope you had a good time in Bunbury and catching up with your dad. You sound really happy with H.

Marika - I can't believe how quick this pregnancy seems to be going. Nursery already done well done. Hope that blood pressure stays down.

Jo - No more babies its so final! lol Hope Dh has recovered well. Keep going with the toilet training it will click eventually.

No toilet training here yet. We ask every few days and he says NO so we aren't going to start trying till after New Year.

Preparing for a 3rd Birthday Party for my nephew tomorrow. Doing a Toy story theme. I can't believe Alex is nearly 3 it seems such a grown up number  cry1.gif  

Busy week ahead preparing for christmas and so excited that my sister with be here tomorrow for 2 weeks. Present shopping finished and all wrapped just need to assemble the toys.

#42 Lia

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:49 AM

Hi all,

I dont tend to pop in as much as I used to. I see what people are doing on facebook alot tho.

Jo - good on you DH, my DH has had it done too, purple balls for a week  huh.gif

Marika - your pregnancy is flying by!

Amanda - J crawling already, feels like yesterday I was watching your you-tube birth!

Merry Xmas to everyone. I'll back soon!

#43 *~*ME*~*

Posted 30 December 2010 - 06:09 AM

Just popped in to say Hi waves.gif

Hope everyone had a great christmas. And i cant believe we are coming up to our babies 3rd birthdays!

#44 chaosprincess

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:02 PM

Yep I keep track on facebook also original.gif

Though have to admit I've cut back on internet time a lot lately, lucky to get online every few days when it used every day.

Asthma sucks, I had some form as a kid but grew out of it thankfully. Amanda, I would have been the same though, I don't rush my kids of to the doctors or hospital unless something is ongoing or they have a limb hanging off... well maybe not that extreme Tounge1.gif

Well I seem to have a family curse.... Wil fell over and knocked a front tooth out... he's about the same age as when Hannah did it! Both have done it falling on the tiles in the house. Wil had xrays and adult buds are all good. He may lose some other teeth early as they had some trauma. I swear if this carries on with adult teeth I'm going to have some huge dental bills and I won't be impressed!!! But Wil and Hannah basically did the same thing, just tripped and the tooth popped out root and all, so no fragments left in to cause issues. This time I didn't freak out quite so much as I'd seen it all with Hannah. But gees, I'm so funny about them brushing their teeth and stuff and then they just knock the damn things out rendering my efforts pointless LOL. Kids eh.

Christmas was fab, 5 kids = lots of mess!! But then we went to a friends for Christmas lunch and I ended up staying up til 3am talking crap with my mate LOL.

Hoping to get to central NSW in Jan to visit my grandparents. Nan was in hospital not long ago and gave everyone quite a scare, so I really want to see her. Also she hasn't seen her great grandkids for a while so that will be good original.gif

Hope everyone had a fabulous christmas and hope you all have a wonderful new year XXX

Also YES I can not believe our little ones are going to be 3!!!

Edited by Cpt.Commando, 30 December 2010 - 03:06 PM.

#45 j-o-d-i-e

Posted 08 January 2011 - 07:27 PM

Happy 3rd Birthday

to all the Jan 08 kiddies

#46 Abbygirl

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:24 AM

Yes

Happy 3rd birthdays to our little ones, can't believe we've all known each other for 3 years! I've really enjoyed being a part of this group original.gif

Hope your Nan is better Mel.

Sorry to hear about Bram's asthma Amanda, I hope he feels better now that the carpets are out. It's going to be so worrying everytime he's sick from now on, but at least you know about it so can better prepare.

AFM Plodding along, almost 8 months pregnant now ohmy.gif where did that time go???
Starting to need to slow down, which is something that I didn't have to do while PG with Gracie, but DH has been just wonderful - he's washing the dishes every day, and has really picked up where I've left off wub.gif
He also got a big promotion at work which has made me even more proud of him wub.gif
I'm loving feeling our boy move around, and trying to relish every second that he's in my belly now as this is it for us - 2 children.

Gracie is great, her language and speech is coming along in leaps and bounds, everyday she surprises us! She's having some massive growth spurts too, she's 2 cms taller than her best friend who's 4 years old ohmy.gif and she's still 2! ... although only for another week !

Having fun organising her birthday, it's a kids dress up party, Grace will be a pirate as she LOVES pirates laughing2.gif I just need a few more things for her costume and then it's all done original.gif

Anyhoo... hope you are all well

xxxx

#47 Lia

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:38 PM

Happy birthday to all our babies.......well not babies anymore! I can't believe my little man is 3!

Mel.... That six about Will's tooth. My niece nearly knocked her tooth out when we were in Noosa, her dad kind of shoved it back up, don't know if she will kep it tho, but at least she is 5!

Markka.... Not long now!

#48 *Mumma-to-A*

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:13 AM

Happy Birthday to our 3 year Olds! (or almost)

Just coming in to say that we started TT last week and it has been a breeze - gotta say I thought it would be alot harder than that I was really deading it. We started with the potty and ditched it after a day and went straight to the toilet. Wees weren't a problem but it's taken alittle longer with the poos but finally got it on the toilet today. We had to ring Grandad and tell him straight away (no idea why but he wanted to tell grandad) My baby really is growing up! He is waking up dry every morning too but I need to get a waterproof protecter for the bed before I will leave off the nappy at night.

Lia - How was the holiday?

Marika - I can't believe that you are going to have another baby soon. It seems to be going very quickly. Is DH booked in for the snip yet or will you wait for awhile after the baby is born? I want to see some pirate Grace photos from the party.

Mel - I hope you get to see your Nan soon. Not sure how things are but hope you are safe.

I hope all the Queensland girl's are safe from this week! It's been horrible seeing pictures on the news. I've been  waiting for my BF to update me every few hours. Fortunely they have finally been able to get out for food now.

Bec - Hi  biggrin.gif  How's the little man going? Not long till he is 1 sad.gif

Amanda - I hope Bram's Asthma is easily managed. Have a good time away.

#49 *~*ME*~*

Posted 28 January 2011 - 02:07 PM

Hello waves.gif

Aww Donna, Thankyou original.gif

Sonia, Yay on TT being easy.. we have found the same thing. Except Ezekiel wont poo in the toilet he waits until his night nappy is on sad.gif

Marika, how you feeling??? hope the heat we are due to have in the next few days doesnt knock you around too much.

Hi to everyone else.

Yes my littlest man is turning 1 in 2 weeks... how sad. He is still little. 7.9kgs at 11.5 months, and 73cm.
So i am busy planning his party... received his present we bought from amazon yesterday, its a lil lightning mcqueen ride on car.
Ezekiel is doing ok, his speech is still delayed but when term1 starts we are having a review with the speechie. He has developed Eczema on his arms and around his mouth, poor little love.
Miahs back at school tuesday, that will be nice!

anyway better go elias is trying to get my attention

#50 *~*ME*~*

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:13 AM

hi waves.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.