September 06 Parents # 217

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
80 replies to this topic

#26 LittleWhiteDove

Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:58 AM

Bec - fingers crossed all goes well with the "buyers" broker.

AJ - yay for being finished exams!

Troops - I'mhoping the lack of updates means you are busy celebrating?? xx

waves.gif & wub.gif to everyone else!

All going well, Butterfy is settling beautifully at day time. Night-time... don't ask! Evil DH has banned me from chocolate to see if that helps... do you think that's grounds for divorce? No? Oh well...

Hope you QLD girls haven't been washed away, apparantly it's our turn tomorrow - 90-odd mm predicted I was told this morning!

xx

#27 ~*troops*~

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:10 AM

not the greatest results just updating the family first then ill post in here or you can find me on FB

#28 tintoela

Posted 14 October 2010 - 04:14 PM

storm - big hugs for you  bbighug.gif  bbighug.gif  bbighug.gif  bbighug.gif   Update us when you are ready.

LWD - hope you survive your downpour.  We were fine here but not far from here they had water in their houses from the creek.

#29 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 14 October 2010 - 07:16 PM

Oh Stormy I am so sorry to hear that. I hope that you can treat it and that it doesn't cause you too much pain and discomfort. I wish you a fast recovery.

#30 LittleWhiteDove

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:27 AM

Ah Troops, that sucks. Been thinking of you, cone update us when you feel up to it xx

waves.gif & wub.gif to all

I'm feeling like a new woman today - Miss Butterfly slept from 8.30-11.30 last night, so I managed a solid 3 hour block of sleep ddance.gif and then she only woke twice more! I'm hoping it's just co-incidence that her improved sleeping and my lack of chocolate yesterday happened at the same time - I need my chocolate cry1.gif and I have a whole block of pineapple and one of strawberry sitting in te fridge, taunting me!

Have a great Friday everyone!

xx

#31 Becca1605

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:58 AM

I keep forgetting to log on...and I've missed so much!

LWD - Congratulations on the arrival of butterfly

Troops - bbighug.gif

Busy here.  Hunter has started kindy full-time.  He goes Mon full day and Wed, Thurs mornings. We are trying to crack his seperation anxiety (which he has had since 13 monhts, cries when I leave him anywhere, childcare, creche)...but he seems to have a bit of progress.  No tears on Thursday (and got a stamp), and then waved me goodbye at creche.  we will see how he goes on Monday.

#32 LittleWhiteDove

Posted 17 October 2010 - 11:05 AM

Troops - how you doing? Been thinking of you, hope you're ok.

Becca - that's great that Hunter's seperation anxiety seems to be easing a bit, I can't imagine how stressful that would be three days a week!

Bec - have you heard how the potential buyers went with finance? Hope your house sells soon!

waves.gif & wub.gif to everyone else.

It's freezing here this weekend!! There is snow around an hour away, and we are getting the wind off it *brrr*. I think I'm getting the hang of this life with three business - I even managed to get some sewing done yesterday! Though tomorrow will be the real test, as DH is back to work cry1.gif but at least it's preschool day, so I'll only have Chubba Bubba and Butterfly for most of the day.

And I'm banned from chocolate - after two brilliant nights where Butterfly only woke every three hours, I tried some choccy yesterday, and we (ie, me!) were up all night again. cry1.gif Three blocks, just staring at me cry1.gif this could be a long 12 months!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

xx

#33 Becca1605

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:51 PM

LWD - what a bummer the chocolate makes for night time playtime!  But on the positive side at least you know how to get some sleep.

Another good few days from Hunter, no tears Monday at kindy, no tears Tuesday at childcare and no tears today at kindy....this is so different for us!

#34 hussey

Posted 22 October 2010 - 06:39 AM

waves.gif  everyone!

Just a question for the Perth chicks. Is City Beach an okay place? DH is turning 40 in December, and wants me to take him to the Perth test for his birthday. I've found accommodation at City Beach, but as I've never been to Perth before, I wanted to find out if the area's okay before I book it.

Edited to add: or Trigg? or in the city?

Edited by hussey, 22 October 2010 - 01:33 PM.

#35 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:42 AM

Hussey my brother lives in Perth and said that city beach is good. What a cool birthday present! I don't know about the others, I didn't see your edit. He did say to avoid Balga.

#36 Becca1605

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:43 PM

waves.gif

#37 LittleWhiteDove

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:26 PM

waves.gif

Don't tell me you all have lives??

xx

#38 tintoela

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:36 AM

Hi everyone,

LWD - just read your birth story - quick in the end but so very frustrating for you the day before!

AFM - we are home sick today - jess has had temps all weekend and i've now got a horrible head/chest cold.  Am thinking i might just take the whole 3 days off work this week and rest up.  Had my 20 week scan on thursday and all was well.  Bubs is still a girl and all bits and pieces were where they should be.

stormy - how you holding up?  

#39 ~MakkaPakka~

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:04 PM

Hi all

Exciting news, Katja finally did a poo on the toilet.  *YAY*  now I have three fully TT and one to go.  Though I don't have much hope for Lena at the moment, She decided to poo paint herself today  sick.gif

DH is not a happy chappy, he has an infection in his gum and has to have three teeth pulled.  The infection was quite bad.  I was ready to pack him off to the hospital.

Stormy: how are things going?  My mum just had a mammogram done late last week and got a phone call from the QEII saying that she has to come in wednesday (tommrow) as they are very concerned about canges in one of her breasts sad.gif  worst thing is, it wasn't the one she was having problems with.  She asked if they were sure it was that one and explained, they said oh, there is a lot of changes within that breast as well but they have to deal with the other one first  unsure.gif

#40 tintoela

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:52 PM

Hi girls,

I'm gonna apologise in advance as this will be a bit of a vent.

Today is my birthday and its been the worst birthday ever!   cry1.gif  cry1.gif I knew it was going to be hard because mum is not here to send me my gift or call and say hello but i didn't expect almost everyone to forget it was my birthday today.

I got two cards in the mail - usually i get at least 4-5.  My sister actually sent me a present but it hasn't arrived and should of been here on tuesday.  My dh was told what to buy me but still couldn't get his butt  into gear and go and get it.  He did buy me some flowers and a block of chocolate (but i asked for the chocolate).  DH has now begrudgingly gone to buy KFC for dinner.  I really wanted to go out for dinner but can't be bothered as its been such a crap day today and my eyes are sore, red and itchy from stupid allergies and my staff infection on my leg is still there and is annoying me too.

I took my birthday off facebook a while ago as i didn't want people to only say happy birthday because they saw it on facebook - i wanted them to remember.  Not one of my "friends" has even sent me a text.  One of my work friends remembered and posted on FB which was nice.  Not even my MIL has sent me a text or card this year.

So sorry about the rant but i just really really feel like crap.  Oh and to top it off DH has asked to go away on a 4wd weekend in a couple of weeks time - and he decided to ask me this today!  Do not ask me things about you on my birthday!!!!  Especially when you haven't bothered to give me a present!  Oh yeah and there will be no sex either as i have thrush from the stupid antibiotics! (sorry for the TMI).

I have been so cranky even poor jess has been feeling it as i have snapped at her a couple of times for no real reason.

makkapakka - yeah on katja finally using the toilet!  I hope she keeps it up!  Good to see your mums results were good.

I hope everyone has a good weekend.  Thanks for letting me get it all out.

#41 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:56 PM

Jodi that sucks I am so sorry this happened to you today. I wish you a big happy birthday  bbighug.gif

#42 terriw31

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:59 PM

hhugs.gif Jodi!

Bloody sucks doesn't it sad.gif

Happy Birthday Treasure.....enjoy the choccie and don't share tongue.gif

#43 hussey

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:04 PM

Happy Birthday Jodi! eexcite.gif ddance.gif  eexcite.gif  

Your DH needs a swift kick up the rear, and so do your friends.

I hope the weekend is better for you than today has been!

BTW: I miss you girls, I feel like you've all gone MIA!

Edited by hussey, 29 October 2010 - 07:05 PM.

#44 eeyoreangel

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:03 PM

Hey

I'm here ... just not very active with posting at the moment.   blush.gif

We are doing well. DH has been working for 4 weeks now - he has been doing really well with his training and from Wednesday next week they start with their usual work shifts (7am-3pm or 3pm-11pm).

Josh is now fully TT - doesn't even have a brolly sheet on his bed anymore! So proud of him.

Charlotte is almost 1.  She has no teeth! Doesn't crawl but man can she roll.  She rolls, she rocks, she pushes forward and changes direction with ease.  Can get anywhere she wants and man is she fast!!!

~Troops~ been thinking of you - hope you are doing okay.  

Will go back to lurking now... ph34r.gif

Will bbl.

Tummy rubs and raspberries to all.

Jill(y)

#45 Becca1605

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:43 PM

Oh Jodi that sux....big time!!!  bbighug.gif
Happy birthday!!!

Jilly - awesome news on Josh...Hunter still wets heaps overnight...I bought him some night trainer pants (cloth) hoping they would be better as they look like undies - but he wets through them every night.  
So for the last few weeks I've been washing sheets, pjs, undies every morning.  Decided today to give up on them and go back to nappies.  I stupidly bought 3 - should have just got 1 to try first

AJ- congrats on finishing your first year of uni!  And yay for Katja

Son - I keep forgetting to come on EB - spend my life on FB argh!

waves.gif to everyone else!

Hunter is doing fantastic at kindy now.  No tears everyday and it even has rubbed off into childcare...life is so much easier with we just get a "bye Mum" or "bye Dad".
savannah has finally started talking inthe last month - non stop now!

Edited by Becca1605, 29 October 2010 - 09:45 PM.

#46 tintoela

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:53 AM

Thankyou everyone for your birthday wishes.  I am feeling a lot better this morning.  Had a fantastic sleep last night - best one i have had in ages.

Its an absolutely fabulous day weather wise here in brisbane so am going to make the most of it and get out and about.  I'm gonna go and buy myself something nice too!

Have a good wwekend everyone and thanks for being here for me.

#47 LittleWhiteDove

Posted 30 October 2010 - 08:31 AM

Jodi -Happy birthday!! Sorry it wasn't a great day, I hope you all feel better soon!

AJ - congrats on getting through the first year of uni!

well done Katja & Josh on the TT!!

Jill - I'm glad to hear your DH's job is going well.

Becca - S sounds like Bubba Boy, he's only just figured out this speaking business, but now he's as bad as his brother. My ears, they bleed!

Amy - how are you feeling? I hope the meds are working for you.

Troops - thinking of you xx

Son - it is quiet in here, isn't it? I surf EB on my iPod while Butterfly feeds, and sometimes feel like I'm talking to myself!!

waves.gif and wub.gif to everyone else!

Us - hopefully the builders start on Monday, so we are starting the prep work for painting the front section ddance.gif and Butterfly and I are going to do a ninja raid on the hardware store for some paint chips for the children's bedrooms.
Butterfly slept brilliantly last night - put her to bed at 8.30, she slept until 1.30, then through until 5.30! Pity that Bear was unwell and kept waking constantly! Oh well, we'll get sleep one day!

Have a great weekend everyone!

#48 Becca1605

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:11 PM

waves.gif

#49 LittleWhiteDove

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:02 PM

waves.gif

Still no rain... we might just have builders tomorrow hands.gif

xx

#50 *No~eye~deer*

Posted 31 October 2010 - 05:51 PM

Happy Belated Birthday Jodi!!!!

LWD- Yay on great sleep from your lil bub!  

I am on new meds that are knocking me out at night and leaving me all fuzzy during the day, my dr says that it wont last for long, so hopefully things pick up in a few weeks. I have also started acupunture and some other supplements. I am willing to try anything! DH hasn't been able to go to nightshift because of my meds, but his work are being really good about everything.

BBL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.