September 06 Parents # 217

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
80 replies to this topic

#51 LittleWhiteDove

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:13 PM

I hope the meds level out soon Amy, it sounds pretty icky for now.

ph34r.gif
You are a quite bunch ATM!

waves.gif & wub.gif

#52 RosieTea

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:27 PM

HIya all

Just thought I'd pop in and say g'day, have found our laptop cord and now can hope on line.

All ok here, been busy with the kids and DSS mum has asked us to now take DSS to school every morning as she has now got a job and it saves on before school care, and we get to see him every week day at least.

Not much else happening, though I would show a new pic

Due July please no mention on facebook, have not announced to anyone and no family told either..

#53 tintoela

Posted 04 November 2010 - 03:35 PM

OMG !!!! Congratulations Paula on your BFP!!!!!
Cannot believe we are still popping out babies in this group!

Amy - hope you are doing ok.

LWD - hows the building going?

AFM - just cruising along for now........

#54 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:10 PM

Well that's not what I expected!!!

CONGRATULATIONS PAULA!!!

ps I'm making that ferrero rocher mudcake tomorrow!

#55 LittleWhiteDove

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:59 PM

WOO-HOO!!! ddance.gif Congrats Paula!! Hope you are feeling ok.

Jodi - we didn't start this week rolleyes.gif but apparantly we will have builders here tomorrow to pull down our laundry, and a bobcat on Monday... We'll see! laughing2.gif

Bec - I would say I'd love the recipe for that cake, but I'm chocolate-free at the minute cry1.gif have a piece for me!!

waves.gif & wub.gif to all

Butterfly had a shocker night last night, hopefully tonight is better! The boys have started swimming lessons, and after two weeks Bubba Boy has stopped screaming the whole way through.

Best go get dinner for these ratbags, hope everyone is well xx

#56 terriw31

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:48 PM

OMG PAULA!!!!!

Congratulations honey xxxxxx

#57 Dons

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:12 PM

Congrats Paula wonderful news xx

Terri - Love your sig when you coming to Melb?

Hi to everyone else original.gif

#58 Pinkbug

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:11 PM

Wow, Congratulations Paula! ddance.gif Very exciting!

Jodi - sorry to hear you had a bad birthday, let's hope next year is much better!

LWD - You haven't shared nearly enough photos of your newest edition! Lol. Many more please! I might have missed something, are you building a new home? Yay if you are!

Amy - hope you're feeling 100% really soon xx

Hi to everyone else! Hope you're all cruising along. I had a shocking day today (boys were demanding to say the least, I did too much housework and now am so sore, cooked dinner but the boys didn't want any, etc etc) and we're all a bit sick too. *Sigh* I might go and relax a bit before bed. I'll try and pop back when I'm not in such a slump next time.  original.gif

xx

#59 LittleWhiteDove

Posted 05 November 2010 - 04:50 AM

Chen - we are doing pretty major renos - taking our teeny 120 sqmetre 2-bedders and turning it into a 250 sqmetre 4-bed-2-bath dream home. Two sets of plans and seven years after moving in, we have builders coming today to demolish our laundry ready for the bobcat on Monday ddance.gif. And more photos coming today, boys are going to mum & dad's, so I'll edit a couple from yesterday and pop up. original.gif hope you are out of your funk soon.

waves.gif and wub.gif to all!

Got Butterfly weighed yesterday - 890g in 2.5 weeks ohmy.gif no wonder the girl has a double chin!

Have a great weekend everyone!

#60 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:06 AM

This time 5 years ago I was getting over the worst gastro of my life, but still somehow managed to make it on time at 4pm and get married original.gif

If anyone had of told me back then that I would be pregnant with my 5th boy on my 5th wedding anniversary I would hav told them they were nuts!

Also want to wish Dons a happy 5th wedding anniversary as well!! I hope you have a great day!

#61 Pinkbug

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:53 AM

Happy Anniversary Dons and Rebecca! Hope you celebrate well.  biggrin.gif Lol Rebecca being pregnant with your 5th baby boy in 5 years! You've done a great job!

LWD - fantastic! Wow, that IS a huge renovation! How on earth have you managed in a 2-bedder with even your previous family of 4 considering all your crafty pursuits?! My mind is boggling with that, I need a room for craft stuff, bedrooms for all, plus a room for toys. I'd love to know how you've done it! Life will be lovely and "roomy" once you're done. Do you have an estimation of how long it will take? I'll look out for more photos.

I'm already feeling a bit better today...yesterday was just one of those days I think. I'm not sure if I'll take the boys to the dr or not now, we all seem a fair bit better. I probably will though, they've both complained of sore ears (I'm thinking Gabriel may just be copying Jasper though??) so that could need checking up on, especially with Jasper's hearing fluctuating so much.

Actually, can I ask a personal medical question while I'm here? For those of you with uncircumsised boys, have you seen any 'retraction' now they're 4yrs old? What's normal, does anyone know? Our dr is a bit concerned with Jasper showing no movement whatsoever in that respect (actually, apparently even if there is no retraction there should be some kind of movement) so we might be needing to use a steroid cream to try and improve that (as he was getting some major pain). Hope he doesn't need to have any operations, poor little guy.

xx

#62 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:09 AM

Chen Talon is 6 next month and his only came back last week. I had people stressing me out saying it's not normal etc, but it is. I just got him to start trying to pull it back every night in the bath. And even that took about 2 years of doing that for it to finally come back.

As long as he's not having trouble weeing, it's not ballooning etc then he's more than likely fine. I would recommend getting him to start trying to pull it back in the bath though.

#63 *No~eye~deer*

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:41 PM

Congrats Paula!

Happy Anniversary to both Rebecca and Dons and their other halves!

Don't have much time, just popped in for a quick read and I see when have been busy chatting so it has taken me longer than expected to catch up!

Things are going ok here. DH is back at work today after 6 days off.

BBL

#64 Pinkbug

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:09 PM

Thanks Rebecca, good to hear it's not necessarily normal to have any retraction at 4yrs. I took the boys to the dr today about their ears (Jasper has infections in both, Gabriel has a mild one in one! Lucky I went!) and this new dr had another look at Jasper's 'bits' because apparently one cause of his issue is having a uti but that's the result we were waiting on, and no uti is present at all. This dr today said that steroid cream may have helped him 2 years ago but wouldn't now. She said it's just too tight down there so I have a referral to see a surgeon.  sad.gif Perhaps I should get Gabriel checked asap too just in case steroid cream might help him (they are quite a bit different down there though so he could be right)! Hopefully the surgeon doesn't recommend circumcision but if he does, we do what has to be done I guess. He has no trouble weeing Rebecca, his pain is when he has a little erection (and I haven't heard him complain for ages now, he must be avoiding himself to avoid the pain). Best get this sorted for him straight away!

I had to go and cash a cheque at my bank this afternoon and I'm so excited that they asked if I want a visa debit card instead of my eftpos card! Lol. Hooray for me being able to do online shopping without my mother's card and handing over the cash!  biggrin.gif Small pleasures! hee hee

xx

#65 Dons

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:32 PM

Happy Anniversary Rebecca - I didn't know you also hit 5 years too! I am sadly 'home alone' as Dh is working but we are going out Sunday night child free woohoo!! I got married at around 5ish although I was fashionably late dute to cutting off my sister's cast on the day lol Hope your pregnancy is going well

Hello to all (Chen hope the pregnancy is also going well x)

BBS original.gif

#66 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:43 PM

we were married at 4 dh forgot but then that's not unusual lol

#67 LittleWhiteDove

Posted 06 November 2010 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE (Pinkbug @ 05/11/2010, 07:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LWD - fantastic! Wow, that IS a huge renovation! How on earth have you managed in a 2-bedder with even your previous family of 4 considering all your crafty pursuits?! My mind is boggling with that, I need a room for craft stuff, bedrooms for all, plus a room for toys. I'd love to know how you've done it! Life will be lovely and "roomy" once you're done. Do you have an estimation of how long it will take? I'll look out for more photos.

Chen - one bedroom for the boys, one for us (and now Butterfly), a little enclosed verandah for my computer and crafty crap, and a little dining nook off the kitchen re-purposed as a toyroom when I got sick of toys in the loungeroom! Best case, should take 6-8 weeks, but likely closer to three months, especially with Christmas. And new pics are up wink.gif

Boy bits - Bear's has staeyed retracting, not sure if it goes all the way back or not? (DH does bath times, will have to check with him).

Happy anniversary Dons & Mr Dons, and Bec & Mr Bec!

Amy - how are you going? Hope you're ok with DH back at work.

waves.gif and wub.gif to everyone else!

Us - laundry is gone! Pity it took the kitchen water connection with it rolleyes.gif should make life interesting! Having a lovely weekend so far, though as always, so much I want to do, so little time!

xx

Edited by LittleWhiteDove, 06 November 2010 - 05:06 PM.

#68 RosieTea

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:08 AM

Where is everyone???

Obviously I don't have a life lol

#69 Banana Pancakes

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:44 AM

Paula, congrats again!!!! Im so thrilled or you! Do you have a 7 seater car already? I see your due date is the 4th o July, how cool would that be!

LWD, action stations at your house lately. I hope the renos go well (and quickly!)

Amy, how have you been. Any more pictures o little Ethan? xx

Stormy, where for art thou? I hope you are doing well. Come ina nd update us please!

Bec and Dons, happy anniversary! Bec, how is the house selling going?

Jodi, How are you feeling now?

Chen, how is the pg going? Did you find out the sex at the u.s?

Son, how is your job going? Still enjoying teaching? Ive heard that the 1st year is full on but gets easier after that!

Melbourne girls,
Terri and I are heading down there just after new years girls weekend with a group of our friends.
We'd love to catch up with you guys! I think we will be staying in Docklands? Near the water? I will give you more details as it gets closer!

#70 Banana Pancakes

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:57 AM

I just re-read my post and I sound drunk! Im not!!!! Its just my dodgy keyboard  roll2.gif ph34r.gif blush.gif

#71 LittleWhiteDove

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (RosieTea @ 08/11/2010, 09:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where is everyone???

Obviously I don't have a life lol

I'm here, but felt like I was being a thread hog, so waiting for some more people to post before I did, lol

We have a digger! It was raining this morning, but has cleared off now, so we're starting ddance.gif

Speaking of travel, I may be in Sydney on Dec 11 to shoot some portrait sessions, details on my FB page for those interested. But also, I may be free for a catch up on Fri 10th when Butterfly and I could be at a loose end. I'm not sure if I'll be in the city, or possibly out at Crows Nest, but anyone who is around those areas and would like to catch up, let me know and we'll tee something up if I end up coming down.

Baby girl is asleep in my arms, so best put her to bed and get some stuff done while I can!

xx

#72 RosieTea

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:16 PM

Nadine - thanks I'll be going early though due to c-section. Yes we have a landcruiser and a nissan patrol so no probs there just have to buy a new car seat.
Would love to see you both again original.gif

LWD - yippee on the digger, sounds like its all coming to gether.  How is miss butterfly?

Edited by RosieTea, 08 November 2010 - 05:46 PM.

#73 hussey

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:41 PM

LWD, I think I'm the only Sydneysider around! I'm free on that date at the moment, but don't live anywhere near Crows Nest.

Nadine: It's still going well, thanks for asking! I'm doing casual work at the moment, but have had so much work from my prac school that I've only been working at that school, if you know what I mean. I'd really like to get my own class, and am looking for a job share for next year. We'll see what happens.

Paula: Congratulations!

#74 LittleWhiteDove

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:27 PM

Son - really? I thought we'd have a few in Sydney! I'll
let you know when I know more!

Paula - she's good, turning into a real chubba though - she's put on a whole kilo in her four short weeks!

ETA - Vic, I see you lurking down there! Don't be a stranger, say hello!

Edited by LittleWhiteDove, 08 November 2010 - 03:28 PM.

#75 vickpaul

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:56 PM

Hi girls  original.gif

I see you too LWD  wink.gif

Yes, I am here quite often reading all the news and all about our big 4 y.olds. But I haven't written anything for so long that it didn't feel right just to start again. But I am happy to be able to read and follow everyone's stories.

Just wanted to say a huge Congratulations to all the girls who have already had and who are still having new Bubs. You are all heros in my eyes as I am still trying to get used to Lilia around  rolleyes.gif  She is still full-on, never stops, chats on 2 languages 24 hrs a day and a very happy girl who wears her Mum, Dad, Grandma and Grandpa out completely. She is still the only child I have and she is staying that way forever (sorry, Lilia), so I am envious with you all girls that you are brave enough to have so many kids and make your kids happy by giving them siblings.

I still work full-time and Mum and Dad still look after Lilia full-time. Lilia goes to Kindy (WA first non-compulsory year) next year for 5 full days a week, so my parents will have a bit of a rest. She still tip-toes and we saw a Dr about it and it turns out she has a condition that is called Benighn (sp?) Join Hypermobility, so she wears special shoe inserts now. Hopefully, it will help her. She is still in night time pull-ups and I will try to take them off when it's a bit warmer.

Well, I think it's all about us. I missed you all a lot and happy LWD asked me to say Hello as by myself I would not be brave enough to do it but I did want to let you all know how we are.

One more time Congratulations to all the newborn and all expecting girls.
Victoria.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.