July 2009 Parents #28

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
74 replies to this topic

#26 6'n'out

Posted 26 November 2010 - 01:36 PM

Hi ladies, It's been a while since I've been around, but it seems I haven't missed much.  I've almost reached my due date and I'm in town just waiting waiting waiting.  According to my last check up the baby is still very very high, I'm hoping that doesn't mean a thing.  DH is bringing the kids in for the weekend, so it'll be nice to see them all again.  It'll be interesting to see how Ryan reacts, being so young.  Atleast the other kids can understand where and why I've gone.  I don't know what he must be thinking.

#27 hubbymeand3

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:29 AM

Hey everyone, hope you are well.  I am ok, kids and I have all got colds atm... which sucks.  Poor sleeping for everyone NOt good!  Yesterday after a particularly crappy night I packed em all up and we went into the city to see the Myer Christmas windows.. it was a really lovely day and we all had fun (and it sure beat hanging out at home watching them destroy the place!).. slightly better night last night but still tired.

Where is everyone? sad.gif  I know we are all busy, but it would be nice to hear some news!

Connie, Hope your Dad is well and you are enjoying the lead up to Christmas
Sunshine: How is Booby?  I hope she is having lots of fun.. how is your DP and what is happening with him and work?
Gaby:  Are you still considering a move to NZ?  How is work?  Is Henry getting healthier these days or still suffering from the daycare diseases (I hate that).
Deb:  How is Holly?  What is happening with your house?
AlexMack:  How is business?  I need to swing by and get some clips for Chrissy presents.. better get organised soon...
Browneyedgirl: How is the pregnancy going?  How about study?
6nO:  I lurked  cool.gif  on your DIG thread and see you've given birth to a little girl.. Emma is a gorgeous name, looking forward to seeing her in your sig!  Congratulations to you and the family.
waves.gif  to anyone I've missed.

I have done a fair wack of Christmas shopping (including some bargains from Amazon that someone on EB clued me into)... only  a little bit to go.  The business thing is still going slowly and is getting a bit tedious with the involvement of my dad sometimes being WAY too patriarchal... I am trying to sort things out.  MIL is in fine form.. having dragged out her settlement with much drama and angst for all she went and traded her less than a year old car on a newer one (slightly bigger than her Barina)..  oh the joys.

We are having my family christmas lunch at our house which is good cause we don't have to head out, which is bad cause we have to set up/clean up... should be fun anyway! I LOVE Christmas... even though we are flat out at the moment, 4 birthday parties in the next 3 weeks plus kinder breakups, creche breakups, work breakups.. friend catch ups, its mad!  DH birthday tomorrow too... THEN we can put up the tree!!   biggrin.gif

#28 6'n'out

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:48 PM

Hi ladies  waves.gif

I finally had my baby on Monday, Grace Emma, 8lb 10oz, about 3.5h of labour, no drugs.  I stayed the mandatory 4h and went straight home afterwards.  I was just so sick of being away from home.

HM&3-I love the silly season too biggrin.gif  Sounds like you've sure got a busy one though.  I hope everone is recovering from their colds at your place original.gif

Starsigns-I have no idea what my kids are, but I guess we've got about half of them in the house.  I have Kaitlyn in late Jan (quiet, cautious kid), Lauren early Oct (loud kid), Jared late Apr (moody and fearless kid), Zac early Dec (class clown type), Ryan mid Jul (another class clown type) and Grace late Nov (yet to see her little personality).

waves.gif  Hi to everyone, bit too slack for decent personals right now.  Hope all are well biggrin.gif

#29 hubbymeand3

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:45 AM

Hi 6nO:  Hope everything is going well with you at home.. can't believe how quickly you went (I"ll admit to enjoying the peace in hospital for a while, especially with the 2nd and 3rd..) but I guess you were pretty homesick already by the time Grace arrived.

LOVE her name.. very beautiful.

Hope she sleeps.

Yes, I love Christmas.. the family get togethers, presents, tinsel, mess.. its magic.  I think I might be more excited than our kids!

#30 Sunshine~Kisses

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:49 AM

Congratulation 6nO, enjoy your precious bundle. What a lovely xmas present original.gif

HM&3 - I am trying to get festive. But finding it a bit hard to JUST yet lol. Havent done my christmas shopping, tree isn't up, don't even know yet if DP is going to be home or not...

Just saving some money before we tackle all the xmas gifts. We have had my DS's birthday and DP's 2 DS's birthdays all falling withing weeks of each other over Nov/Dec so they have wiped us out laughing2.gif

Ruby is great, growing more and more into little miss independant every day. She is such a gorgeous kid (aren't they all LOL). Very fiery temper on her if she doesnt get her own way, she even pushes her big brother off my bed if she is sitting on it and doesnt feel like having him up there too, she is soooo bossy!!!
Wonder where she gets that from ph34r.gif

Have my work party next weekend and taking the kids with me, its at an adventure/theme parky kinda place up here. We go every year and DS loves it and now Ruby is at the age where she will enjoy the rides and stuff too.

Hi to everyone hheart.gif

#31 Leghorn

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:03 PM

Hi everyone!

6no - CONGRATULATIONS! I hope you are all settling in well and enjoying being back at home. How long were you away for in the end?

Sunshine - I like the descriptions of Ruby! Isn't it great seeing their personality coming out more original.gif

hm3 - I like your enthusiasm for Christmas! Sorry to hear about the tedious times, I hope that clears up soon!

Hi to everyone else!

I still have some more Christmas shopping, but have managed to gather bits n pieces here and there mostly online. I might tackle some more tomorrow! But I might need a sleep too hehe original.gif

My study's going ok, but I am mildly freaked out that I only have 2 months til I'm on leave again! Hopefully that will motivate me to be productive original.gif

J is doing well, although he could do with a bit more day sleep. He's having 1.5-2 hours/day. What are others having? I think he still needs a morning and arvo sleep of around 1.5 hrs but he won't do both so he gets quite grumpy. He's not walking more than a few steps yet, but starting to enjoy trying. Anyone else's bub not walking?

Hope you're all doing well original.gif

S:)

#32 hubbymeand3

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:10 AM

Hi Sarah - nice to hear from you.   Lucas still has 2 sleeps, about an hour in the morning from 9.30 (sometimes an hour and a half) and 2 hours in the afternoon from about 1.30/2.00.   He still gets grumpy in the morning.  All three of mine have had 2 naps for ages... I think DD dropped hers just after Christmas (and she's a July bub too).   It can be hard when they won't go and they get tired...  Have you tried putting Jonas down later in the morning (midday) so that he doesn't have to be awake for as long a period in the afternoon?  It might help.... on one sleep we used to have it about 1pm - then there was more time to do things in the morning....

I am almost finished Christmas shopping... next comes the wrapping bit.  I'm not sure about putting things under the tree though, I think Lucas might be tempted to have a go - with plenty of encouragement from the siblings.   I might put some presents in other boxes though, and wrap them so that even with paper off they'll have no idea... just as a test!

Sunshine:  Ha to Ruby pushing DS around...  I bet he plays it up too and she loves it even more!

This weekend we have 2 birthday parties and we're all going to the Wiggles on sunday.  DH included... his first outing to something like it.   An rather expensive exercise, but I figure it's possibly the only time they'll all be interested at the same time...  oh, and we've got the childcare xmas party tonight too... so a busy one for us!

Anyway, better go and get cranky ready for his nap (speaking of them!). .have a great day/ weekend everyone!

#33 ccct

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:16 PM

Congratulations Valerie! What beautiful news. So glad everything went well, and that you're home. Hope it's all smooth sailing for you!

HM&3: wow - lots of Christmas parties! Sounds fun- hope your kids enjoy it all, and hope DH enjoys the Wiggles!

Sarah: Tom has 1 day sleep now - anwhere between 1.5-3.5 hours, BUT...he wakes up in the morning between 4.30-5.30 - my DS1 was similar, and I am NOT a morning person.

Oooh, Tom jsut woken up, so better go... BBL

Connie

#34 hubbymeand3

Posted 04 December 2010 - 07:13 AM

ohmy.gif  Connie, those early starts....  DD did it for a few months (but it was 5 - 5.30) and I trained her out of it!  You must go to bed early....

#35 ccct

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:23 AM

HM&3: Yep, we're in bed by 9pm.  ssleep.gif

#36 hubbymeand3

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:31 AM

I should be ... last night Lucas decided to be half awake/grumpy from 1.30 til about 3am....  I think I'll be in bed early tonight!

Wiggles was great!  All the kids had fun, even DH....  I think I've got through the busiest weekend in history... (it felt like it!).... and last week was crazy, now I feel a bit like I can relax.

Hope everyone is well.. and enjoying the Chrissy build up!

#37 Sunshine~Kisses

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:08 AM

Finally got most of my Chrissy shopping done ddance.gif

Tree is up and we have the lights on everynight (as well as outside lighs) and it just looks so pretty.

Can't wait to see the kids faces when they open their presents grin.gif

#38 hubbymeand3

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:26 PM

We have just put up our tree.... Lucas had a lovely time playing with one of the ornaments down low and didn't pay much attention to the two presents already beneath it... we'll see how that goes!

Yay Sunshine on finishing the shopping... i have just a couple of things left to get, but am doing pretty well too!!

Better go, work call with UK on computer!
biggrin.gif  to everyone!

#39 hubbymeand3

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:51 AM

Hi everyone, I am feeling strangely sad today... DS1 had his last day at kinder yesterday.  Next year, it's off to school and I feel a bit lost... wondering if I've made the most of my time with him!  Anyone else with bigger kids felt like this?

He hasn't really realised yet - although he has vague ideas that his best friend from kinder won't be at school, but I'm not sure he really gets it IYKWIM?

Lucas is beside himself after 2 days of crappy day sleeps and a dose of gastro...  so a quiet day today with my bestie come over with her 2 littlies...  should be good.

Anyway, hope the chrissy lead up continues well for everyone... I'm off to hug my soon to be school boy!

#40 6'n'out

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:30 AM

HM&3-yes!  Jared s off to prep next year (not sure if we have the same system as Vic or not).  It's disapointing, just as he gets really 'usefull' (he holds doors open for me, and is starting to get helpful and responsible), he goes off to school!  Now I'm going to have (what I consider to be) 3 babies at home (Zac just turned 3, and although he can play with Ryan, he has no real sense of responsibility yet).

Jared doesn't seem ready for full-time school yet.  He still naps most days, and he's such a mumma's boy.  He can hold his own with other children (and then some), but he loves his snuggles too.

How's the new business going?  Finding it's feet yet?

Wendy/sunshine-you certainly copped some flack in that other thread!  FWIW, I didn't find your questions offensive, but after the other thread (where so many posters bagged out large families) I can see why some people were defensive.

Names-since group doesn't post much I find myself forgetting people's names, so I'm sorry if I call someone by the wrong name!

Sarah-Ryan was 'forced' into 1 daily nap because of the routine I have with the older children.  It's just impossible to get him down for a nap in the afternoon because of the various after school sports the kids have.  Ryan goes down for a nap just before 11am and is awake between 2-2.30pm, so it is a decent nap.  He goes to bed at 7pm and was waking at 7am, but now summer has hit he's up around 6am (provided Zac doesn't wake him beforehand).

AFM-today is DH's first day at work since Grace was born.....so far so good!  Not sure how this afternoon will go with preparing dinner and all, I'll let ya's know.

Grace is going beautifully, has gained half a kg now (2.5wks old) and is 4.4kg.  She slept 8h a couple nights ago, but for the last couple of nights has woken a couple times when her nose gets too stuffy (she's got a bit of a cold atm).

Hope everyone is well biggrin.gif

#41 Sunshine~Kisses

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:01 AM

6nO - Sounds like little Grace is doing well, so envious you get to sniff that newborn smell again biggrin.gif
FWIW over that other thread...pfft water off a ducks back to me. It wasn't even my POV - I have a house hold of 6 at the moment so I certainly don't have anything against LF!! I started it after reading that thread in venting but typical of EB every starts pointing fingers and reading it how/what they want to read.

HM&3 -  I remember DS's fist day at school, gee I cried!!! Glad you had a good time at the wiggles, and you had a good move and groove with them too tongue.gif

Sarah - Ruby generally has 1 sleep a day, goes down around 10.30-11 ish and if I am super luck she sleeps for 3 hours!! I do find the days after daycare (when I work and don't pick her up until 6pm) then she is cranky as the next day and I put her down for 2 sleeps during the day lol

Connie - Hope all is going well in your family x

Well it's a rainy old day here today, trying to get some cleaning done but its kind of hard with 4 kids INSIDE and DP. Going to escape shortly and do some food shopping before everyone starts complaining that they are hungry....again.....LOL

#42 ccct

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:09 AM

Just dropping in quickly to say:

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!

Hope you all have a wonderful time with your families!

Connie xx

#43 hubbymeand3

Posted 21 December 2010 - 02:24 PM

biggrin.gif   I am nearly finished shopping, lots of presents wrapped, mostly the Santa stuff to go...

We are having Christmas Eve, Lunch on Christmas Day and lunch on 28th all at our house (the joys of divorced in laws and interstate family!).... but it saves going anywhere!

The kids are super excited and it looks as though the weather might be reasonable down here!  Woo hoo!

In case I dont' get back.. MErry Christmas to all!

#44 hubbymeand3

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:28 PM

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas.. we have had a great time, with everything going very smoothly and being much less stressful than I had thought it might be.

Kids were beautifully behaved and the DH rocked... he bought me a digital SLR for Christmas (I had NO idea) which was a fantastic surprise!  The camera has so many buttons it will be a while before I know how to use them all, but I'm looking forward to it all!

Hope everyone else had a great few days... and any great plans for NYE?

We are heading down the coast to a friends house (she has 2 kids) so should be good.

M

xox

#45 6'n'out

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:22 PM

HM&3-what sort of camera (and lens) did you get?  Ever since I got mine it's all I basically do...read the manual, research lenses and accessories etc.

Hope everyone had a great christmas, and is looking forward to a wonderful new year biggrin.gif

#46 hubbymeand3

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:02 PM

Hi 6nO:  It is a Nikon 3100... with a 18-55 zoom... I am reading the manual (which has never been my strong point, I hate manuals) and I got a four hour lesson with it from the camera shop... should be good!  I haven't even begun to fool around with setting aperture and exposure, I'm just trying the auto settings!  It is lots of fun though.

We had a really great NYE, a little too much champagne.. lots of fun with two old friends and their kids and a very kid friendly back yard... LOVED it.  What did everyone else do?

Hope everyone is well...
biggrin.gif

Oh, LOVe the new sig 6nO... you have been busy with the sewing machine and the kids look gorgeous...  Ryan is looking so much like (is it Zac next to him?) his brother!  So grown up too...

Edited by hubbymeand3, 02 January 2011 - 03:03 PM.

#47 6'n'out

Posted 02 January 2011 - 04:48 PM

Awesome Meredith. I have the D3000, not the camera I'd buy if I had done more research.  I just finished my manual, even though it was a full-on read, definatley worth it.  Last night I compared my more recent photos to the photos I was taking when the camera was new, the difference is remarkable.  I never take a pic now without adjusting all the settings.  I got mine with the 18-55mm, and bought the 50-200mm nearly straight away.  Now I'm selling both lenses on ebay and I bought the 18-200mm lens.  It is a slightly better lens, and saves changing the lens so often.  I'd love to get a lens with a bigger zoom, but I"m very undecided on which one to get.  I change my mind daily.

Hi to everyone else, but I must be off, Grace is getting upset sad.gif

#48 hubbymeand3

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:46 PM

Might have to check out ebay 6nO..... I already want a bigger zoom!!

#49 hubbymeand3

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:26 PM

Hope everyone is well - I'm still reading camera manuals... feeling tired as had Lucas at drs and hospy last night.  Nothing too major, just fell on his face and tore his top lip frenulum and mashed his gums... and nurofen didn't cut the mustard for sleeping last night so at midnight I headed to the Children's hospy for something stronger.  He's heaps better today, which is awesome... but I'm off to bed.

Hope all are well!!

#50 6'n'out

Posted 08 January 2011 - 04:07 PM

OMGosh HM&3, what an ordeal!  I hope it's getting better nicely.

I forgot to say in my last post, yes Ryan and Zac are very similar in looks and personality.  This year I suspect they will get very close as the older 3 will be in school full time and Grace is too young to play with.

How's the manual going?  I miss having something to read!  Might have to go and find a book.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.