July 2009 Parents #28

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
74 replies to this topic

#51 hubbymeand3

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:10 PM

Hi 6n0:  Lucas is better, but still sore and the gums are pushed back a bit so I've booked him to see a Dentist this week - just for peace of mind.  He's annoyingly overtired - needs a catchup sleep so I bet he'll do it today when I need to leave the house!

Have read the camera manual and started fooling around..... very ordinary photos thus far but I'm having HEAPS of fun!

Have just found out 2 close people are pregnant and have told DH we need a serious discussion soon to rule another in or out properly instead of vague passing comments.. it will be an interesting one!

Hope Grace is being a good girl,

Hope BrownEyed Girl is feeling well, wondering how your pregnancy is going.

Hello to everyone else!  Hope the QLD'ers aren't getting wet inside and are doing OK.

M

#52 Leghorn

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:39 PM

Hi everyone!

I hope everyone's had a nice Christmas & New Year break! Ours was good, although DH worked Christmas day / Boxing Day / New Year's day so it was fairly low key! We had our Christmas together the three of us on 24th which was really nice.

hm3, the new camera sounds fun! Sorry to hear about Lucas sad.gif I hope everything repairs quickly and easily!

6n out - it sounds like you're doing real well with the new bub. I guess you're a pro at it by now! original.gif

Hi to everyone else! I hope you're all doing well.

I'm doing well, just the usual pregnancy tiredness but nothing too much to complain about as far as pregnancy goes! I'm slightly daunted by the idea of having a second bub to look after! Any advice from those who have more than 1? Hopefully things will be a bit easier this time. It was all pretty full on with Jonas so I only have that experience to draw on!

I finish up uni theoretically at the end of Jan, and will take 6 months maternity leave. So I should have about a month off before the new bub, although it depends whether I've finished my work that I want to get done and when bub decides to come!

#53 hubbymeand3

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:49 PM

Can't believe noone has posted in here for so long (me included!).

Have just had a very exciting day with DS1 starting school and DD kinder... they both had fun and I enjoyed walking them to and fro (we are lucky enough to be a 5 min walk from both).  Can't believe DS is at school... it seems to have gone so quickly.

Sarah,   Hope you are feeling well and not getting too tired!  Hope you've got plenty of study away before you start leave again.  2 isn't too bad, it just seems daunting to start.  The usual tricks helped, getting the bigger one to help get nappies etc, having some special books/things to do at feeding time... I also did pressies in hospital from the new baby (which worked ok for mine).  Freeze ahead plenty of food if you can, I found dinner pretty hard going in the early days... but the good thing is that you know it will get easier!  Do you have any ideas of whether this one is boy/girl?

We have found out my SIL is pregnant, due in July... it is fantastic news and she is very excited.  I am just sad she lives interstate and we won't get to see her much... but with luck she'll fly down a bit too.

Had major dramas with the business we were trying to start, now i'm thinking of working one day a week with my mate... so we'll see.

Hope everyone is well!
original.gif

#54 Leghorn

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:49 PM

Hi everyone, I hope you're all doing well. Just popping in to let you know we had a little boy a week ago! He was born just over a week early so he took me by surprise! We're all doing well.

#55 ccct

Posted 28 February 2011 - 02:44 PM

Congratulations Sarah! Wow, I didn't even realise it was close to your due date - time goes so fast.

i'm so glad you're all doing well. Are you going to tell us what you've named your lovely little boy?

Connie

#56 Sunshine~Kisses

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:49 PM

Congratulaions Sarah!!! How exciting, I hope everything is going well wub.gif

I havent checked in here for soooo long, must remember to yyes.gif I 'see' most of you on FB anyway but this was still our group when we had our bubbas all that time ago...oh how time has flown!!

My little miss rat bag (Ruby) is going great. She has certainly grown up very fast. Talks like you wouldnt believe, sings quite a few different songs, counts to 10, is just a real little chatter box laughing2.gif

Food ...hmmmm HELP on that one please!! Ruby has decided she is going to turn fussy...every day is a battle trying to get her to eat fruit, vegies etc. I can hide vegies in some food but then if that food doesnt appeal to her than thats that and she wont even try it. Very frustrating!! Any ideas?? original.gif

#57 hubbymeand3

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:06 PM

Just a quick one, Sarah, congratulations!  I look forward to hearing about the new arrival and how things are going for you... I remember having 2 that little, I found it very daunting at first (but got the hang of things eventually!).

Hi everyone else, I'll be back for an update, and to think about the food issue too Sunshine!
original.gif

#58 Guest_WyldIce_*

Posted 16 March 2011 - 12:25 PM

Hello waves.gif I’m Kelly and I’m the very proud mum to a gorgeous DD who was born on July 16th 2009. I’ve been a bit of a lurker around here and thought I should introduce myself. I’m currently pregnant with baby number 2 and am due on June 20th.

Sunshine~Kisses I have the same issue with my daughter Heather. I find that if I can get an empty fork or spoon in her mouth that has a little of the sauce on it, she then realises she likes it and will eat it. She's also more inclined to eat something if she can feed herself. Cleaning up the aftermath is easier than trying to get her to eat  grin.gif

#59 hubbymeand3

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:02 PM

Hey Kelly,  we have been very slow posting here for a while.  

I have three kids, DS 5 DD 3 and Lucas...  

How are you going with your pregnancy?  It is so different having another child to chase!  I remember them going quicker and quicker!

Lucas loves feeding himself and its good, means I can do stuff with the other kids too - and feed myself!

We are all fit and well and thinking about a holiday... looking at costs within Aus for a winter warm holiday we are thinking of maybe going OS - before we have to pay for 5 airfares... no experience on travelling OS with kids so it is a bit daunting, although were are only considering Bali or Thailand!  Anyone know anything?

Anyway, better go get dinner ready...  Have a great weekend everyone!

M

#60 Guest_WyldIce_*

Posted 22 March 2011 - 12:13 PM

My pregnancy's going well. I have to go for diabetes test next week so I'm not really looking forward to that but at least I know this time not to eat or drink anything beforehand so hopefully I wont get a false positive this time around.

I have to admit I do sometimes find the prospect of two kids a bit daunting, just because Heather's going through her terrible two phase atm and some days it just really wears me down, but I know we'll get through it in the end  cool.gif

Have you decided where you're going for your holiday?

#61 hubbymeand3

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:05 PM

Hey Kelly,

Yeah, the thought of having 2 scared me a bit and it had its moments, but you get by!   My no 2 was a terrible sleeper for the first few weeks and I remember finding it all really tough - and being stuck inside in bad weather wasn't much fun...  but hooray for books, videos and lots of CD's!

We still haven't decided where to go - I have discovered that three children is not the done thing in many places on holidays.... it is two, or please reserve two rooms....which is lots more expensive.  I knew it was less common for holidays to cater, but didn't really how much less!  We might do a more local holiday to keep the costs manageable...

I have been back working in an office one day a week for about 4 weeks now.  I only do a short day to avoid long daycare and do the school drop off.. but it has been good having adult company, using my brain and knowing I am making a bit of money to help with the bills....  Now I have to work out what to do in school holidays!

Very excited that Lucas is going to be a page boy in a month for my brother.  He has a cute 3 piece suit all ready to wear... as does DS1.  It will be fun to see them all dressed up!

Good luck for the Diabetes test Kelly and I hope Heather doesn't drive you too mad!

#62 6'n'out

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:49 PM

Hi ladies  waves.gif  look who eventually signed back into eb wink.gif  I've been pretty busy lately.

HM&3-don't get me started on accomodation for large families! We started staying in cabins in caravan parks instead; they usually offer 3 single beds and 1 double bed, some have 4 single beds and a double.  Add to that a couple of portacots.  How did the wedding go?  I bet the boys were gorgeous (pics please!)

Hi Kelly, welcome and congrats.  Two kids for me was a big shock to the system, because I was expecting it to be easy.  I think as long as you've got a healthy amount of repect for the task, you won't find it too daunting original.gif

Wendy-I have a housefull of fussy eaters, wish I had a solution!

Sarah CONGRATS!!!  How wonderful original.gif  I'd love love love a birth story, and maybe a few nb photos to drool over?

AFM-Ryan pee'd on the toilet today, so maybe tt'ing is in our near future.  Grace is 4mnths old, going beautifully, although not yet sleeping through >:(  I'm finding the age gap (16mnths) much more challenging than the 18-20mnth gaps I have between the other kids.  I didn't think it'd make that much difference.

Not much else to report!

#63 Sunshine~Kisses

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:38 AM

Just popping in to say hello...if anyone is still around!!

All great in our world, little miss growing up way too fast as I am sure all our bubbas are doing.

Hope everyone has had a great easter. Very quiet one in our house with DP away sad.gif

#64 ok~computer

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:21 AM

Hi girls!

Wow I haven't been here in so long! Even though I see a lot of you on FB.

I was looking at the calendar today and had to take a second look, I can't believe the two year birthdays are coming up!  ohmy.gif

Isla is going really well...she finally started sleeping better, although the 5am journey to our bed with her pillow and bottle in hand is a daily thing lol. We like the early morning snuggles though. original.gif
I love watching her and her brother...they are the best of friends, even though she is cheeky and often beats him up...on the days he is at school I always find her just sitting on his bed, so cute.

What plans do we all have for the 2nd birthday parties?
We're taking Isla to the Aquarium of WA..she loves fish!

Hi to all the new members of the group biggrin.gif

#65 Guest_WyldIce_*

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:04 PM

Hello everyone! I see this thread really is a slow mover  cool.gif

Heather had her first blood test the other day. Didn't I feel like the worst person in the world  sad.gif She has eczema and lately she's been getting a rash all over her body that's even creeping up both sides of her face. I have a feeling she may have some kind of dirt/dust allergy cause the last flare up happened a day after she literally covered herself with dirt and wood chips at the park. She was out with the in laws and apparently was flirting with a boy (god help me). We should get the results back next week so we'll see how she goes.

ok~computer I know what you mean about the 2 year birthday, I can't believe Heather's nearly 2, I'm sure I just brought her home from the hospital a few week ago  cry1.gif

We're going to have a party at home with a jumping castle for littlies we bought (and yes, we're going to anchor it down ourselves. It is after all just a giant balloon) I can't wait to see her face when it's fully inflated. She keeps seeing the box in the garage and keeps banging on it which is Heather speak for 'Open this' lol

6'n'out How goes the toilet training? We're holding off until after Jason is born as I didn't want to risk her making progress just to revert back in protest as I hear can happen

hubbymeand3 How did Lucas go as a Page boy? Any chance for pics?

#66 Shan_Ava-Maree

Posted 04 September 2011 - 02:59 PM

Hey ladies, I havent been on here in ages,

My name is shan and iam a single mum from perth.

is there where i speak to ladies where their chil/children were born in July 2009. biggrin.gif

#67 Shan_Ava-Maree

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:21 PM

Hello is there anyone in here that i can possibly talk to?

#68 back*again

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:44 PM

Hi Ladies, I lost my old password so had to start a new account (I was 6'n'out).....gone quiet in here!

Hubby Me & 3-saw you on my EB profile, don't tell me you figured out my new user already!

Shan_Ava-Maree-seems it's an extremely quiet group.....welcome anyway biggrin.gif  I'm in Qld and have 6 kids.  My 5th was a Jul 09 baby original.gif

So how's things?!?  We're currently trying to get Ryan assessed for ASD, that's heaps of fun.  If anyone else replys I'll post more...hate to think I'm talking to myself biggrin.gif

#69 Sunshine~Kisses

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:40 PM

Hi everyone waves.gif

Hope you all had a great xmas and new years.

Won't post much more, don't know if anyone even comes in here anymore?!!

hheart.gif

#70 WyldIce

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:13 PM

Hello  waves.gif Not sure if anyone posts here but .....

My DD was born on the 16th and we also have a little DS born in June last year  biggrin.gif

#71 back*again

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:30 PM

Hi Raspberry J-maybe if we start posting heaps others will join in? Congrats on your DD, hope everything went well original.gif  I have 6 kids, my 5th was born in July 09 (DS3).  Since then I've had DD3 in Nov 10.  I'm in central Qld original.gif

#72 back*again

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:03 PM

hello...hello...echo....echo!

#73 Sunshine~Kisses

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:03 PM

hello...hello...echo....echo!

Helloooooooo!!

How is everyone? I think this group has died in the a*se badly....

hheart.gif

#74 back*again

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:27 PM

I think this group has died in the a*se badly....

yyes.gif

How's things in your corner of the world Sunshine (Wendy?)

#75 Sunshine~Kisses

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:43 AM

How's things in your corner of the world Sunshine (Wendy?)

original.gif Good thanks, Valerie? Straining the brain here on names lol it's been so long!

Expecting bub #3, off for my nuchal scan this morning biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.