September 09 Parents # 34

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
85 replies to this topic

#51 emmaburrows

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:50 PM

Ok, I'll see how I go with getting to know everyone - apologies to anyone who's names I mix up, details I get incorrect rolleyes.gif

I'll use username's as I'm not too sure of everyone's names just yet.

ferretwrangler - I thought about mirena but decided to go back to the pill. Hope you have recovered from the general. All the best with Ellie and her grommets - I had them for about 2 years when I was little! Fingers crossed that you have avoided the gastro bug, yuck!

Little Muffin - I'm so sorry to hear about you and your best friend. It must be hard that she is your neighbour!

~gemma~ - I just had Noah weighed and measured today. He is 12.8kg (he is a big, big boy!) and 82cm long. No idea where he gets the length from as DH and I are quite short. Must be a throwback to some tall relative  original.gif

my3monsters - wow, you sound so busy. How do you manage with 3 children? I struggle with just one! Good luck with Trudi's audilogy test!

minich - Sorry for the loss of your grandfather. What date is your baby due?

Coopey-doo/Mel - Sorry for the loss of your Nanna. BTW, i love the name Cooper.

~*Ness~* - Zara sounds like my little one, Noah. He already has a little bit of an attitude and isn't too happy when things don't go his way. I can only imagine what he is going to be like when he hits the terrible two's!!

3BlueStars - congrats on becoming an aunty. I have a niece and nephew although they live in QLD so, we only see them about once a year although Noah hasn't met them yet. Great idea with the potty, I was thinking of getting one soon and putting Noah on it to see what he does. He should be an expert at it, as everytime I go to the toilet, the sliding door of the bathroom opens and I'm faced with a cheeky grin  biggrin.gif What potty did you buy? There are so many for sale/on the market!

Tylie and Sherry - congrats on the weight loss. I'm finally back to my pre baby weight but there are some areas that I would like to work on as they are a bit flabby and not as tight as they used to be before I became pregnant with Noah. Guess I should lay off the chocolate as well plus it's not great with Christmas around the corner.

#52 ZombieFerretOfDoom

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:05 PM

Wow Tara.... what a cow! I honestly don't see what business it is of hers even if you DID get everything paid for by your family. I think you hit the nail on the head with your jealousy comment, and the way she is acting now shows that she is a really immature and b**chy person. Sad to say it but seems like you're better off without her in your life. Shame that you're neighbours, that will make it harder...

#53 RosieTea

Posted 03 November 2010 - 09:14 PM

Just a quick one

HI< finally found my laptop cord so no more lurking on the iphone

Tara - extremely jealous, sending big hugs

Gemma - Mitty was measured this week he is 9020g and 75 cm tall.

#54 Guest_ttgc_*

Posted 03 November 2010 - 09:45 PM

Tara -  What a cow..  That really can't be a friend. what a b**ch I am still in shock.... extremely jealous..

#55 the4rugrats

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:53 PM

Tara you were at the new spotlight on Tuesday weren't you? (Dragging your DH along like I was LOL) I think I saw you, but wasnt quite sure, so didnt say hello.

#56 ktgrouch

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:11 AM

Tara - Thats horrible! What a nasty thing to say. She is very obviously jealous.  bbighug.gif

Gem - Glad Ellie's feeling a bit better and recovered well. She is so darn cute. lol at your 'getting off at Redfern' comment! We are doing the same until we are sure DH's vasectomy is doing what its supposed to! At least you are all covered now!

Gemma - yeah, I am pretty sure that Kaitlyn would be on the top percentile line. Levi was weighed and measured a week or two ago and he was 11.6kg and 82cm. He was on the top line for boys so Kaity will probably be up there as well!!!

Oh crap didn't realise the time. I got to go and get the kids ready. Will come back later and finish the personals!

Ps: how do you know if your toe is broken or just bruised? I think mine might be broken! But they can't do anything for broken toes can they?

#57 RosieTea

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:22 PM

hiya all

Tara - hope your day is going a bit better

JO - Congrats on the walk with Trudy

Katie - hope your toe is feeling better

Whit - share those peanut butter cups please original.gif Emma looked adorable

Gemma - good luck on selling the van

Gem - hope Ellie is feeling better now

Mel - sorry to hear about your Nan, sending big hugs

Well I've been feeling like crap for the past 2 days.

and

Yep a BFP, gonna have to book in with the GP for a dating scan, I think I am 5 weeks

PLease no mention on facebook we aren't sharing on there or telling family yet ...

#58 ZombieFerretOfDoom

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:28 PM

Woohoo another bubba! Congratulations!
Just as well I had the mirena inserted - all these BFPs are making me clucky  bbaby.gif

#59 Guest_ttgc_*

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:29 PM

Katie - Not sure how you know when its broken but yep they can't do anything... Hope its better soon

Gem - Glad its all safe for you now wink.gif let the fun begin lol.  My DH really needs to go get booked in for the snip.... I would die if I fell again I am happy with 2 really don't want another now, we had thought about it but I am now at the point of being happy to never have another baby.  Glad Ellie is much better original.gif  I bet you are enjoying the xtra sleep original.gif

Gemma - I have not done it fo a while but last time I did he was off the chart for both I think his height was 86.5cm but his weight seems to have stay the same original.gif thank goodness 12.6kg still lol I don't think I could lift him if he gets any bigger.

Emma - Our boys are just about the same weight.  I am glad I am not the only one with a big boy.  Is Noah walking yet??

Tara - How are you feeling today hon??

AFM: My weight is still coming off but it has slowed down so am trying to step up my excise and eatting less... But thats ok I feel good and feel like I look good.  Its just going to take longer then I thought it would but o well original.gif

Chase has been doing swimming lessons today was his 4th one and he still screams for the full lesson but the checky bugger is going really well, he will put his head in and blow bubbles when you tell him kick his legs and jump in off the edge and a little slippy dip also will go under the water and holds his breath. I only noticed today how when I say blow bubbles he puts his head in to do it... So can't work out why he is still crying..  Its like he just wants to get it done and get out lol

And he took one step on his own yesterday but only one lol would not do it again....  I so just want him to walk already

Rose Tea - Thats great news well done.  But unlike Gem no Clucking going on here lol hope you enjoy it.  When will you be due??

Edited by ttgc, 04 November 2010 - 02:33 PM.

#60 RosieTea

Posted 04 November 2010 - 03:00 PM

Tylie - will be due 4 July 2010.... Gotta go and get confirmed from GP

The taste of coffee and metalic taste made me think I should test.

#61 Guest_ttgc_*

Posted 04 November 2010 - 03:27 PM

O I use to be like that, I hate that taste it was always there with Chase.  Hope you stay well for the rest of it tho, nothing worst the m/s

#62 mlto

Posted 04 November 2010 - 07:27 PM

HI everyone!

Thanks everyone  original.gif Maddy & Dylan & Cooper came to the funeral and stood up the back of the cemetery with my mum (it was my fathers mother and my parents are divorced). The kids were ok, better than I thought. It was hard today because I drove past the cemetery and saw the grave from the road. I seriously thought this woman was invincible and would outlive us all sad.gif

Emma Thank you! I often have times where I think why did I call him Cooper and I told my mum I didnt like his name anymore LOL but it really suits him and I think the whole oh its so popular just annoys me when anyone who hears his name tells me! (But I havent met another Cooper yet in real life!)

Paula!!!! I am SOOOOOOOO EXCITED for you! I so knew it would happen for you soon! Congratulations!!!

Tara OMG what a cow! You are so better off without her. She seems so jealous! SO what if you get help paying for stuff! I do too!!!! I couldnt afford pics one year and my mum paid for them plus a few other things along the way! She is just jealous noone wants to help her LOL.

Gem I hope you have recovered from the general original.gif I hope you have dodged the gastro bug original.gif

Tylie Aww he will be walking before you know it! I am contemplating getting Cooper swimming lessons.

Katie I don't know how you can tell! I had a really sore and swollen little toe, I just assumed it was broken! No I dont think they can do anything for it! I hope you are ok original.gif

No idea Coopers weight/height! I will weigh and measure him soon original.gif He is a little rat bag tho, he knows how to open the baby gate so no point having it up! He runs everywhere, won't sit in the pram long, or carseat. He has a mind of his own but he is so so cute original.gif He gives the best kisses and hugs original.gif SOmetimes I wish I would have another but I don't think I could do it all over again.

Anyways I better go get these kids to bed!

Edited by coopey-doo, 04 November 2010 - 07:31 PM.

#63 the4rugrats

Posted 04 November 2010 - 07:59 PM

Congratulations Paula... how excitement!!!

Trudi is 6.1kg and 68ish cm, I think shes on (or just under) the bottom percentile for Down syndrome kids. Shes so special she has her own chart. LOL

Katie: my friend used to get broken toes easily, all she did was tape two together. I dont know how to tell if they are broken though.

Im getting Trudis needles done tomorrow as well as getting a referral for an ENT, the audiologist wasnt happy with her hearing. On another note DD1 came home with a note today letting parents know that a child in her year (not sure if its in her class) has a case of whooping cough, and she may have been exposed. Shes up to date with her needles, thank goodness.

Better be off to get dinner cooked.

pictures...
limber

'cameras out' face!

'nappy show-off' ...thanks Sherri, I ♥ it  original.gif

#64 RosieTea

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:06 PM

JO OMG - I love that nappy, I just got an ELMO minky with his face embroded on the back and also a blue minky chrissy nappy with ho ho ho and presents on it

#65 Wild Strawberry

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:08 PM

Paula - CONGRATS!!! Clucking here but trying very hard to ignore it LOL Wishing you a very uneventful 8 months.

Tara - I think you are better off without your 'friend'. I agree that she sounds jealous. So what if family have offered to help you out. That comment she made about never accepting help from family....well she needs to be slapped. I have limited family support and as i result have become quite independant and don't like asking for help but i always will take it when offered....esp if it is going to make life easier.

Jo - Cute pics. Love that nappy also. I have been good and not bought any for ages. Really have enough to get through to TTing and not planning and more kids atm.

Mel - Sorry to hear about your Nan sad.gif Hope you are coping ok.

Hope everyone else is going well.

Off to bed. Fingers crossed Isa sleeps though.

#66 ~*Ness~*

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:37 AM

Tara ~ What a jealous cow.

I had the same thing happen a few years ago with my "best friend" and next door neighbour. She was actually a bridesmaid in my wedding and then pulled out and turned evil 2 months before the wedding. I kept a straight and fake friendly face when I saw her outside (we are in a duplex so share a driveway) as I knew what she was like, proper evil cow and I didnt want to be enemies with her she was the type to lie, make up stuff and spread it to everyone, so we just kept the peace and then thank god they moved out about a year ago and soon as she left I blocked her from facebook and havent seen or heard from her since. DH HATED her after the wedding crap she pulled and if he ever saw her she would try and wave and he just ignored her, thankfully she never tried to talk to him as he wouldnt have been so calm!

My parents help me a lot, and so does DH's Mum, there is no shame to that and it doesnt mean that you are someone who just gets given everything and faces no hardship etc. She is just jealous that she doesnt have someone to help.

Paula ~ WOW! Congratulations!

I did a test last night too actually and to be honest was relieved to find a BFN. I definately want another bub but not for a few years. Knew bloody AF would arrive after I bought a test, but was 3 days late and I have a big weekend so wanted to know, AF arrived 30 mins after I did the test!

Mel ~ Sorry to hear about your Nan.

My brothers wedding is tomorrow! Please rain go away, my new shoes were not purchased with mud and rain in mind!

Havent done stats on Zara for a while, but she is about 13 kg and very tall! Little Miss has grown taller since last week, have had to relocate my tissue box after yesterday.  rolleyes.gif

#67 minich

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:41 PM

Sorry girls I've been a bit MIA, I've been too busy hanging out in my Nov DIG. People having babies left right and centre. Still 3 wks for me & still undecided on VBAC or another CS. I'd love your opinions on helping me decide. Here's the link to my post about it.
http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...;#entry12253343
So wow we do have some tall babies in here. Amelia is also 80cm & yes that is in the 95% for height. She's also 10.5kg.
Tara - How are you feeling? There's nothing more awful than when a good friendship comes to an end. Especially because of something petty like envy. Do you think you will make amends or is it really over. After that you probably wouldn't want her back in your life anyway, right.
Gem - Good on you for going under with your mirena. I went with my SIL to the Drs when she got hers & I could here her screaming from the waiting room. She has had 3 vaginal births so I think it's painful anyway. I hope none of you got sick. It seems like not long ago you just got over the gastro bug.
KT - I think if your toe was broken you wouldn't be able to walk but have never had a broken toe so couldn't be sure. I could imagine it would be really painful though.
Paula - Congrats on your BFP. You must be over the moon. How are you feeling?
Ness - I hope the rain holds off for the wedding. Have fun.
AFM - Amelia is walking 10+ steps at a time and for a few times a day but still prefers to crawl or actually do what we call the monkey shuffle. She also has just got all 4 of her 1st molars. Hope you all have a nice weekend.
C xo

#68 RosieTea

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:55 PM

Minich - I had ds1 for the same reasons as you, with Mitchell I was PRO vbac all the way. After being overdue by a week and having 3 stretch and sweeps, bding, curry, walking, pineapple, and drinking parafin oil, I still wasn't going to have him naturally so I booked into have a csection.  My second c-section was fantastic. I was calm, dh was calm, we gave them our birthing plan that dh wanted to cut the cord, and both to stay in recovery with me.  My recovery due to not being put into labour first was so good, I had no problems at all, and DH was back at work the weekend I came home.

Personally it has to be your decision, are you happy to wait and see if you can go into labour naturally as they can't induce you, if so wait it out.  If you worried that your not going to go naturally then I would schedule a c-section

Thanks for asking how I'm feeling, I'm very nauseaous and metalic taste in my mouth constantly, otherwise I feel fine, still b/f no issues there, praying he will continue to feed so I don't put on weight (I'm obese) and just so I don't feel I've ripped him off on his feeding I suppose.

#69 specialtreat

Posted 06 November 2010 - 03:51 PM

Wow so much has happened, I won't try for personals for everyone  blush.gif

Paula~ a huge congratulations on your BFP!

Tara~ Sorry you have lost a friend  sad.gif Sounds like she was having a bad day,maybe very hormonal too, not that I am defending her at all, She said some nasty things to you, I agree it sounds like a fair bit of jealousy going on...My parents help us out a fair bit too when they can, they are not wealthy people, but help when they can, and I hope to be able to do that for my kids and their families too, nothing wrong with it!!

Jo~ That Abby Gro is so cute ! I should have got an owl one too  original.gif  Looks like it is a good fit on Miss T..and as for your q about DTD with hubby and not telling him about the return of your AF...Oh well ho hum! is all I say to that  laughing2.gif  (Good Luck! I hope you get what you are hoping for) Sorry to hear about family not helping with the sponsoring for the Walk, that sucks!

Gemma~ getting closer for you now!! have you got some one who can post for you?

Caroline~ hope you have got some one who can post in here for you when you have your bub  wink.gif happy to PM you my mobile number if you like... have you settled on a name yet?

Ness~ hope you are enjoying the wedding... cute photo of Miss Z  original.gif

Whitney~ Love the slide show you did of your X..what was the backing song? the slide show of you and Emma was great!! some nice memories there for you  original.gif
So have you met anyone yet wink.gif ? You are one HOT mumma!!! surely you have them lining up by now cool.gif
and you are not boring...
Mel~ sorry about you Nan  sad.gif

Gem~how is Ellie now? Lots of safe BD for you now  biggrin.gif

Tylie~ saw your pic on FB you are looking GOOD!! how much have you lost now?

Katie~ how are you going? How is your toe?

laughing2.gif about not doing personals. but that's all I can remember without going back to re read. Hi and sorry to everyone I missed..

AFM~ Things are getting better on the homefront,
I had a lady say to me that I should never have had more than my first 2 children WTF!!! (because I had a girl and boy I had a pigeon pair) and I should never have had anymore because I already had the "perfect" family  oomg.gif and it was just cruel to have more!! What does she know about me and my situation?? silly cow!!!
Well I have the boys birthday party tomorrow, hope the rain stays away, we are having it in a park and I am really p*ssed off...why do people think it's ok not to RSVP??? I don't know weather to make up lollie bags and cater for everyone invited (just in case they turn up ) or to just cater for the few that have RSVP'd Grrrr!

For those that have the latest series of Greys, Brothers and Sisters and Private Practise can I please ask where you get them from??? I am having so much trouble slepping at night that I would really like to watch them instead of sitting on this computer spending money at stupid hours of the morning wacko.gif

I have lost 4 kgs in 3 weeks So happy with that i wanted to lose 5 kgs before 21st November so it looks like I might just reach that goal, then the next goal will be to loose anothr 5kgs by Christmas biggrin.gif

best be off I have party stuff to organise..

x

Edited by *4+1more*, 06 November 2010 - 03:58 PM.

#70 ZombieFerretOfDoom

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE (*4+1more* @ 06/11/2010, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had a lady say to me that I should never have had more than my first 2 children WTF!!! (because I had a girl and boy I had a pigeon pair) and I should never have had anymore because I already had the "perfect" family  oomg.gif and it was just cruel to have more!! What does she know about me and my situation?? silly cow!!!

ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif
Was this a stranger or someone you know????
What a complete f u c k i n g cow!!!!!

#71 mlto

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:45 AM

Oh my god I am with Gem! What a b**ch! How dare people say stuff like that!
I get people saying so how many kids do you have i say 4, they ask what are they I say 2 boys and 2 girls and people go oh you did that well didnt you  wacko.gif As if I had a choice LOL And oh so I guess there will be no more seen as you have 2 of each  unsure.gif

Better go get ready I guess. Dylan has a party to go to and he wants me to take him, Kevin was going to but he wants me to.

Have a great Sunday

#72 the4rugrats

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:37 PM

What a horrible thing to say to you Sherri. Some people should learn not to speak. One of the mothers in my DS forum, had someone comment that she was "unlucky" to have a down syndrome baby. The lady said it in front of her other daughter (4 yr old) who then asked why they were unlucky! The lady went on to say that she had the tests done so she wouldnt have a baby like "that"!
The only person whos ever said anything to us about the amount of kids we have, is MIL, but she had 4 kids herself! LOL

I spent the day in my pjs yesterday so didnt get to the shops...luckily our local shopping centre is open today, (finally Sunday trading) so I need to get some essentials....then do an online grocery order!

#73 ~gemma~

Posted 07 November 2010 - 01:03 PM

Wow

Congrats Paula, all the best for a smooth 8ish months original.gif

Tara ~ Sorry about your "friend" .

Sherri ~ No i dont have anyone in here to announce, do you want to volunteer? LOL. I cant get on EB with my phone, will more than likely be on FB as soon as i can though Tounge1.gif

Jo ~ Love the pics of Trudi, she is so cute wub.gif

Ness ~ Love the pic, look at her face, "I didnt do it"

6 weeks tomorrow!!!

#74 ~*Ness~*

Posted 07 November 2010 - 01:09 PM

Wow Gemma thats gone so fast. Do you have 2 cots or will you move Kaitlyn to a toddler bed?

#75 RosieTea

Posted 07 November 2010 - 01:44 PM

Gemma - thanks bit of a surprise but so so so happy. Do you still have my mobile number I can announce for you.

Ness - hope you had a great time at the wedding you looked lovely and Ava was adorable.

Sherri - I would have told her where to shove her comment.  I'm waiting on the Öh bet you want a girl then hey""

Jo - HOW RUDE.. I bet her little one is the apple of her eye and they couldn't imagine not having her around.

AFM

COoking roast beef at the moment, smells good surpisingly. Gotta go to the dr tomorrow to get bloods done, kids immunizations and DH is not feeling well..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.