155 replies to this topic

#51 It'sbeenawhile

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:24 PM

im interested nic!

#52 Nut

Posted 30 October 2010 - 02:11 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/pau.../DSC01264-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/pautiric/DSC01268.jpg

Keep in mind I was only about 3 hours out of surgery and really hunched over. Still am a bit hunched but not as bad I think.

#53 Marvel

Posted 30 October 2010 - 03:22 PM

Wow Nic! Even for so newly post-op, that looks fantastic!!

Eek, I'm all excited now!! laughing2.gif

#54 ~Sorceress~

Posted 30 October 2010 - 03:28 PM

Wow, they look great, Nic! I'm still more tempted by a tummy tuck, but I understand they're really painful to recover from sad.gif .

#55 samagard

Posted 30 October 2010 - 05:27 PM

Holy hell. Those look great Nic:D
Can you pm me the details of the clinic.

#56 It'sbeenawhile

Posted 30 October 2010 - 11:06 PM

WOW Nic, that looks great!! You choose the size just perfect i think!! Good on you for going through with it so quickly. I would be so back and forward on the decision for months!
Hope your healing and pain eases soon!

#57 Nut

Posted 30 October 2010 - 11:07 PM

These were done in Brisbane. Happy to pass on their details if you want to travel, otherwise there is a great clinic here who consults in Canberra but operates in Sydney.

Kristen - I am not sure about the recovery from a tummy tuck. I nearly got lipo as well but part of the reason I decided not to was due to the recovery aspect and the fact that it's a lot of money for a few cm off only two areas of my body. Seemed a bit silly to go through so much for something that would probably not look that obvious unless I did the whole thing and full body lipo is about $12,000 on it's own.

My sister is getting a tuck next year. You can also get a mini tuck apparently. I will see how I feel when I have had all my kids and if I can lose weight. I am thinking of getting a gastric balloon.

#58 Cantabile

Posted 31 October 2010 - 12:22 PM

Hello all, I'm still around. Been busy with work stuff, b'day celebration and I'm currently moving into my office so lots of wiping stuff down and bringing it in from the garage, exciting stuff wink.gif

Nic - VA VA VOOM! They look awesome!! Wishing you a speedy recovery and pain be gone.

Boob job and tummy tuck are definitely on my wish list too. There's only so much exercise you can do to tone things. My arm muscles are now aching from gym, ergh.

Better get back to unpacking, I want my office mostly done by today. original.gif Ttyl!

#59 darnie

Posted 31 October 2010 - 11:12 PM

So did everyone have a great weekend? We actually got some gardening type stuff done. Pretty proud of that, considering how full on our weekend was. Our front yard now looks very bare and DH has decided that he will never ask me to prune anything ever again. I decided to prune the shrub at the front door and that kind of ended in the shrub being cut down completely and ripped out of the ground. When I say shrub, it was taller than me. I am going to dig the rest of the bits out of that part of the ground and put Alice's birth tree in there (when we buy it). Feeling bad - we bought Erin's birth tree when she was 6 weeks old but it has taken us this long to decide where to put Alice's and what we are going to do. I think we have a plan now, so will go to the nursery in the next few weeks and find something for that spot. Thinking weeping. Erin's is a weeping tree and I love it, but it is possibly planted in the wrong place. I don't want to move it, though, because a) It is Erin's tree and I don't want it to die; and b) It cost us the earth and I don't want it to die.

Must go.

#60 Cantabile

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:42 PM

Just thought I'll pop in and say goodnight! We had a lovely time at Playschool this morning and Filly even scored herself an early xmas present in the form of Humpty. She nearly took Jemima from the girl sitting next to us though and had a little cry when I wouldn't let her have it. Just the right length I think - any longer and I would have a v tired little girl.

Better go to bed - another day of getting my office together awaits me.

Have a lovely day everyone original.gif

#61 Nut

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:50 AM

My little boy turns three today!!! Sniff.

#62 darnie

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:22 PM

Happy Birthday Alex!

#63 ~Sorceress~

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:55 PM

Happy birthday, Alex! Three years old already! biggrin.gif

How great is this rain for the gardens? We planted our newly landscaped back garden last week, so it's SUCH wonderful timing! biggrin.gif

#64 nellieb

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:29 PM

Happy birthday Alex!!

#65 Cantabile

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:39 PM

Happy b'day Alex, hope you've had a wonderful celebration xx

Kristen - can't wait to see your back garden again, it's going to look spectacular!

AFM - lots going on, most are giving me the grumps. This weekend can't come soon enough!

#66 Puggle

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:47 PM

Happy Birthday Alex, hope you had a good one.

#67 samagard

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:22 PM

Happy birthday for yesterday Alex  ddance.gif

#68 darnie

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:24 PM

Where is everyone? shrug.gif

We were nearly at the bottom of the page! oomg.gif

Nellieb: How are things? Have you moved yet? I can't remember. I've been thinking about you when I drop Erin at ballet grin.gif (and I have been at ballet lots lately; it is performance season rolleyes.gif)

Edited by darnie, 04 November 2010 - 08:24 PM.

#69 It'sbeenawhile

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:27 AM

Im here, dont get much internet time on wednesday and thursdays. Too god damn busy!

Nic how are your breasts feeling? Hope Alex had a nice birthday!

#70 beaglebabe

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:56 AM

I'm here - lurking every now and again, but not posting much.  I'm only working two days a week at the moment, and am trying be productive in my time at home with business/market stuff.  Now that the kids are a bit older I'm finding that they are playing together more and more.  They still fight frequently, but as long as I am keeping a close eye on them to adjudicate fights as they start, I can actually get a bit of work done.

Happy belated birthday to Alex - I hope you all had a great day Nic.   And I hope all is going well post-surgery and you are feeling a bit less uncomfortable.

Deanne - only a few weeks now until Erin's big concert.  Is that it for the year after the concert?  Or do they still have classes until the end of term?  I'm very tempted to let Lucia start some sort of dancing next year.  I did calisthenics, and so did my mum and grandma, so it's inevitable that she will end up doing it too, but I think I will wait until she is a bit older to start her.  She's loving Toby's gymnastics class and is keen to join in, but I don't think she has the strength yet.  So I was thinking about Blueberries for next year.

Kristen - it's been great rain for gardens - not too heavy, and nice and consistent over the past few weeks.  We were sitting on our front deck the other night, looking at how much some of our plants have grown in the 12-18 months since we planted them.  It's still got a long way to go, but it's nice to see how far it has come in such a short time.

Grace - my two loved the Playschool concert too.  Toby got up and did all the actions and dances.  And I was surprised how much Lucia joined in, given that she barely moves from my lap when we go to storytime at the library.

Birthday month for us - Toby on 17 November and Lucia on 30 November.  Toby is quite excited.  Lucia runs around saying "birthday - Lucia two"  but I don't think she understands at all.  I'm sure by the time Toby's birthday is over she'll have it all down pat for her birthday.

#71 ~Sorceress~

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:22 AM

I'm juggling kids at home - the 6yo with a broken arm and the 11yo with a sore throat and cold. sad.gif And the little two and I have colds as well sad.gif . And dh is off to a nice Sydney hotel and a VERY nice Sydney restaurant for the night.

Deanne, I don't know how you keep your sanity with all the ballet stuff - except that she loves it so very much! wub.gif

Glad everybody enjoyed the Playschool concert. I really love them and am sorry I didn't make the effort this time sad.gif .

#72 Nut

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:16 PM

Leonie - I had to laugh. Anyone who did not know what was going on would find that to be a really weird question!!

But they are pretty good. Still a bit sore and tight and getting into comfy position at night time is not always easy. Still getting pretty terrible morning boob (when your breasts get all stiff from the night and have to loosen up a bit). But it's taking less and less time for them to ease up.

I am doing most of what I usually do. Can't bend over much still so stacking the dishwasher and doing laundry doesn't really work at the moment. But for the most part they are doing alright!

Kristen - Poor thing, and poor kids! I hope everyone improves soon. When it rains it pours hey.

Michelle - How is everything going? Did you get my message on facebook about MMWAH?

Thanks for the birthday wishes for Alex. He was very excited to see his birthday cake and kept telling me we need to cut it with a saw. His big birthday gathering is on Sunday. Just low key family, but he loves to show off to the family.

#73 Nut

Posted 05 November 2010 - 03:40 PM

Just for those interested, Mariamsmum had her boys this morning. They are in special care but doing great!

They were 2.3kg and 2.6kg (36+2 weeks by caesarian).

#74 darnie

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:04 PM

Congratulations, mariamsmum! What absolutely gorgeous names!

Deanne - only a few weeks now until Erin's big concert. Is that it for the year after the concert? Or do they still have classes until the end of term?
I think they have classes until the end of term, but that is only a week or two after the performance anyway because they tend to run on the Burgmann term, and the Christmas Party is the weekend of 11 December. The concert is 19 & 20 November. Erin has to miss her school concert because the big ballet rehearsal is the same day. Well, quite a few of her class mates have to miss it, actually, because a lot of them do ballet.

Deanne, I don't know how you keep your sanity with all the ballet stuff - except that she loves it so very much!
Kristen, you are too kind! style_emoticons/default/wub.gif I think the secret is not having much sanity to start with style_emoticons/default/laughing2.gif Also, I just try to "embrace and accept". We will all get there eventually, I hope. Hopefully she will take all of this into account when she is picking a home to send me to in my old age style_emoticons/default/roll2.gif

Well, I am yet again tired and I shoudl spend time with DH, so I will be off.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

#75 Marvel

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:54 PM

Oh wow, congratulations mariamsmum!!

I'm here, and I'm cold... off to have a hot shower style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.