October 08 Parents # 63

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
74 replies to this topic

#26 themelster

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:39 PM

Bec - that's great news on Ethan's speech. So his receptive is all good?  What did they do to test it?  I'd be interested to hear about the assessment?  What is expected if a 2 year old and what constitutes a delay. I bet it's a load off your mind.

Nat - great to hear you got to the bottom of CR's feet issue. Hopefully it will all be cleared up soon now you have a diagnosis and a treatment plan!

#27 meeskamouska

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:16 AM

Sharna - I think it helped that I had spoken to u. I let her give me a diagnosis first & then I told her what u had said. Our current Dr really seemed to dismiss the fact that it started in Bali but as soon as I said Bali she said ******* I'm too embarressed to say it. & then onto the good news. Have treated her & guess what....we got a sleep thru. In the past 3 months I think I've gotton one only, couldn't believe it. So a big TY.
Xmas without Dan.... owww. I've had one or two without Paul ...tough years but not the end of the world.
Yay on the soccer...sounds fabulous!!

Easy one here. Thinking we'll finish doing the vegie garden. Paul started turning the soil yesterday with the rotary hoe & got a brick/paver stuck under the tines that I left in the soil last year, i had a few paths....I wasn't popular I can tell u. Anyway all fixed & moving forward to today....rofl!!

Enjoy your day everyone.

#28 themelster

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:22 AM

Natty, you've peaked my interest. What was it?  You can tell us girls! ;-)

#29 meeskamouska

Posted 23 October 2010 - 02:30 PM

Scabies Mel!!!
The Dr was suprised we all didn't have it as its highly contagious. She said probably because we r good hand washers/hygeinic etc is about the only thing that stopped us all being completely riddled with it. In saying that she said not to stress she doesn't have it bad. It starts as a mite that enters the skin. Probably from around the pool in Bali......  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif
I swear we get everything!!!! I don't know why. I put it down to us living in the country & not being exposed to many bugs & when we do get exposed we get everything. My house gets messy from the kids but its clean..... what do u do???????
Geez... u have to laugh & brush it off.... rolleyes.gif  rolleyes.gif

#30 themelster

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:33 PM

Aw Nat, what can you do hey?  You just have to roll with the punches. At least it's on the mend.

#31 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:43 PM

Nat - my last comment would be to double check with the doc/chemist whether you need a follow up treatment. We always did full body cream initially and then 7 days later all over again. Hot wash for all your bed linens and towels etc also. Is CR noticing the itch is gone?

Mel - the FB comments re: the triatholon are interesting. Have you ever done one before? I did a few biatholons when i was at school but never a full Tri. I am looking forward to it. Good luck with your Bribie one.

Hi to everyone else.

Sharna

#32 meeskamouska

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:20 AM

Sharna - yes you're right....we have to do another go in 7 days. The itch has gone!! Thank God. How r u feeling? Any relief from your flu??

#33 themelster

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:36 AM

Never done one before sharna - this will be my first time. I'm a bit nervous about the swim!  It will be a good one to start with as it is a flat course.

#34 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:18 AM

Nat - you wont believe it but I am still full of cold... chunky cough and laryngitis. Although the constant nasal drip has subsided. Aidan still has gunky eyes so I am going to start the drops on him. I really didnt want to but the doc said they are safe to use. I tried squirting BM in his eye but couldnt coordinate both hands to express and keep his eye open.... LOL it was hilarious trying! Glad to hear CR is feeling better! What have you been making lately?

Mel - oh first one! Exciting. I had a little laugh at your comment about the course being flat... crap! I need to go check out what the GC one is like. I am most worried about the run as I have never been a runner in my life. I always had to work hard at it. Swimming comes easiest as I was a competitive swimmer for all of my school years and did quite well at State level etc. What kind of bike are you riding?

Bec - I remember you asking about cheap fabric etc. I joined the TOMG FB page after seeing a link on yours... lovely! I have bought a few patterns from their sister site also. The reason I am mentioning it is my sister and I will possibly be putting in a fabric order from the states as it is so cheap over there. You can get FQ's by the metre for 1/4 the price here... well known designers also. When we decide on which company we are going through I will let you know to see if you want to order any.

Daycare for miss N today. She is making noise from her room so I better go get her up. Aidan whinging in the rocker. This is the hardest part of the day for us. Getting everyone up, dressed, toileted, breakfasted all the while juggling a whingy toddler and a slightly needy bubba.

BBL

Sharna

#35 bec8112

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:02 AM

Sharna - that would be great, let me know which company you are going to order from and I will have a look. I have a few websites I was looking at in the US if you want to know them ( but you have probably looked already ).

Nat - that is great CR has not got the itching anymore, must be such a relief for her.

Mel - how was the party on the weekend?

Oh Hannah is awake so got to go, sorry  wacko.gif

#36 Small Potatoes

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:44 AM

I would be interested in getting some fabric too original.gif

#37 themelster

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:06 AM

Sharna - the cold going around is really nasty. I got it almost 2 weeks ago and I still have some residual snot.
I think the gold coast would be flat too - I did a 10km run there Agee years back and it was completely flat.
I did a 11km cycle this morning and my legs were pretty wobbly - going to be fun running 3k's straight after that!

I put my QTAC application in this morning - keep your fingers crossed for me!

On our way up the coast for a week now

Chat soon!

#38 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:58 AM

Mel - have a great time at the coast original.gif

Bec/Mands - i am in fabric heaven at the moment scouring the net and finding new designers i like... the credit card better watch out! We will probably put in an order in a week or so. Also we are putting in a Gymboree order as they have a gymbucks earning period on now. If you are interested we can put the order in together to save on postage.

AFM - I did my second run this morning. The C25K is 3 runs a week alternating with a rest day in between. So the next run will be wed/thurs probably. The last time i did this program i got stuck on week 4 and had to repeat it a few times. I never progressed as then I found out i was pg with Nadia. Housework done, dinner in slow cooker, bub sleeping original.gif

Sharna

#39 themelster

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:26 PM

Sharna, I did the C210k in prep for the B2B. It's a great program. Do you have an iPhone that you're using the app on?

#40 Twin Mum Runner

Posted 25 October 2010 - 03:31 PM

Hi, just thought I'd pop in quickly while the kids are playing with play doh.

Thanks for Mahalia's birthday wishes, we were in Sydney, and didn't have much room in the suitcase, so she didn't get much, but she had a good day.

Got back a week ago, but had 3 assignments to hand that I had extensions on because of the trip to see Dad. Finally got them all submitted on the weekend, so my more study until next year.

Dad is okay too, ended up being a false alarm - caused by medication he was given as a precaution in the ED.  wacko.gif

Kids are fighting, so will come back after bed time and read back and write personals.

#41 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:59 PM

Mel - I have the podcasts on my ipod. I got the original ones by the guy who started the program... Robert Ullrey. He talks you through when to run/walk and it has a pretty cool backing track of music that he selected. Keeps you motivated.

Georgia - glad to hear your dad is ok. What are you studying?

AFU - Kids in bed.. fingers crossed Aidan is down for the night as he has needed a resettle once so far. Dinner was nice. I am enjoying a homemade Chai latte and some web surfing pre bed.

Sharna

#42 meeskamouska

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:20 PM

Do u make your chai from scratch Sharna or is it just made at home premixed???
Care to share if u have a good recipe?

Dylmah - that good news about your Dad.

Did i tell u I'm excerise phobic???? You'all are making me squirm with the running chat I can tell u.

Whats everyone sewing/planning with their new fabrics??? I've been making a few potty pants over the last week. Picked up some cotton velour from spotlight & its sewn up pretty good. They're more like a fitted nappy pants than true potty pants. They hold/absorb 2 decent wees.

Night girls.

#43 bec8112

Posted 25 October 2010 - 09:22 PM

Yeah all the fitness talk makes me feel so lazy!!! I have put on a few kilos lately :-( I am so not motivated either which sucks! I need a goal and a reward.

Nat - the nappy pants sound cool, I have just been putting ethan in undies at home and nappies for naps, nights and out.

Sewing - I am still not sure what to start with as I have not sewn in about 15 years!!!

Sharna - mmmm chai latte is my favourite :-) Hope aidan sleeps well for you. Hannah has been doing 12hrs overnight for the last week or so. Got her 4 month needles on Wednesday, cannot believe how fast time is going. It will be time for solids before I know it!

Mel - yeah on the qtac application, you doing nursing? I want to find something to study too but need something I can do part time by correspondence I think.

That's all from me tonight, am going to get an early night.

#44 meeskamouska

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:50 AM

Up early....forum trawling...LOL... love it!!

Mel - if your application is accepted do u start beginning off next year??

Bec - hows Ethan going with TT?? CR is going nowhere with hers. I'll wait a bit longer for her I think.

Stupid me left CR in a thin cloth nappy last night. She woke at 4:30 absolutely sodden. I forgot to change her before bed. She's asleep in the bed big & now I've got more sheets to wash, I only did all her bed,underlay etc yesterday...what a doof I am.

Heaps of gardening to do today. I'm really enjoying being outside with Charlee in the mornings. Our gardens have gotten away from us so lots of pruning, edges etc to do. I do love my garden. I want to do more but we struggle keeping up with it all already. Perhaps more natives are in order. The vege garden is good to go. Its a lovely big veggie garden can't wait to plant it out. Bella is my keen veggie growing girl so I know she'll really enjoy it. Paul is being a big control freak over the veggie garden but he can just build a bridge..... that man has serious issue. I feel so bad when I say something like that about him...I shouldn't..... sometimes he just frustrates me so much. I feel like snotting him. LOL.

So enjoy your day girls whatever u get up to.

Annika - r u reading GF? Been missing u. Hope all is ok with u.

#45 themelster

Posted 26 October 2010 - 01:09 PM

Just did 40 laps in the pool. Feel good. Can go and splurge at lunch now LOL!

Nat, if I get in, I start in Feb next year. To be honest, I don't like my chances of getting into QUT, which is where I real want to go. I've put other options in my app and I think the most likely one will be USQ which is distance Ed.
I'm very jealous of your veggie garden. I so want one but mark won't let me dig up our new turf!  Heh. I'm working on it though!

Bec - yes, nursing is what I've applied to - there are heaps of courses you can do via distance Ed though.

Sorry, just a short one from me as I'm on the iPhone with limited coverage. The weather is great up here and Tom is loving the beach.

Hi to everyone!  waves.gif

#46 bec8112

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:01 AM

Just a quick one, hannah's needles this morning :-(

#47 Small Potatoes

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:06 AM

Bec Good luck with the needles.  Hope all goes well.

Mel Wow 40 laps, bet you slept well last night.

Nat How frustrating, I have done that a couple of times too, but doesn't get further than Olly's sleeping bag, thank goodness.

Sharna Am taking Will to little kickers on Saturday.  What clothes do you put them in?

AFM off to the gym this morning and then to the builder to check on what they need for finance.  The approval was delayed because the people we paid $800 for the soil report just cut and paste from another report and put in informatin that wasn't relevant so we had to get them to rewrite it and then they forgot to sign it so had to send it back to be signed.
Danny is on holidays now until the 21st of November - yay.
Will is doing really well with his potty training too, which is great.  Olly sat on the potty for a while but didn't do anything and wanted his nappy back on  rolleyes.gif

#48 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:23 AM

Mands - ohhhh W will love Little Kickers. It was great fun! Nadia though is still really to young to follow all the instructions and we are going to wait another 4-6 mths before we enroll her in a term. For the first week you just put them in shorts/shirt and shoes they can run in. We did put N in runners though and she did well running around. I thought she would topple over as she doesnt wear closed in shoes very often. I really liked it so much I am still considering a franchise although you need the patience of a saint to work with kids as young as that! I have no idea how the younger age group goes... it must be a chaotic lesson. I hope you get all your reporting figured out. No good when a company you are paying good money too does a half assed job of something. Enjoy your time with Danny home!

Bec - hugs for you and Miss H today.

Nat - I almost put N to bed one night without any nappy on at all. It was when Aidan was quite young and i was distracted... after her bath I just put her in her pj's and only noticed how small her tushy was when i picked her up to brush her teeth!!!  

Mel - woohoo! Is that 40 laps of a 50m pool? 2 klms is impressive. We are going swimming this morning before the kids lessons. The gym/swim centre has a creche so we are dropping them all off before the lesson and swimming for 30mins or so. How is the holiday?

Chai latte - it is a powder and all you have to do is froth milk (or just nuke it as i do) I would love to have the dry spices to grind and make my own though.

Gotta run.... the day gets busy here if I am not on top of it all and I think I can hear the little man crying already... arghhh do i have another catnapper on my hands.

Sharna

#49 Small Potatoes

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:25 AM

Sharna I cheat and use the chai latte in the yellow packet from the supermarket.  Just add hot water and a little milk (full of sugar though but super delicious).

#50 bec8112

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:16 AM

Mands - that is the chai latte powder I have used before, super yummy  tongue.gif Enjoy having Danny home.

Sharna - what chai powder is it you buy?

Mel - well done on the swimming, I will need to get in and do some soon seeing we have a pool!  I would need to do about 300 though as it is a small pool  tongue.gif

Dave has taken the day off to come with me for the needles ( plus he needs to see the doc about his sore ear ). Will update later tonight as I have a friend coming over for lunch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.