October 08 Parents # 63

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
74 replies to this topic

#51 Fabulous

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:34 PM

Hi ladies,

I hope you are all going well. We've been moving house and aapt is unable to relocate our broadband so I have been offline for a while and will continue to be so until I find a new provider.

#52 bec8112

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:55 PM

Hi ros - hope you get the Internet sorted soon.

Hannah was really good at these needles, not much crying at all. She is 7.5kgs and 64cms short and round like her mummy!

Edited by bec8112, 27 October 2010 - 02:04 PM.

#53 meeskamouska

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:49 PM

Gosh Bec - she has grown so much.

Chai latte...drool....

Still gardening & catching up around the place here. Sooooo much to do. We've pruned about 20 huge bushes back ot the stumps. So many dump runs...

I think I might actually b on top of my washing....for once!!

Do we want to plan a xmas thingy for us all....before everyone gets too booked up??? We could do either a daytime family thingy or a girly night/dinner wine thingy...... I vote for wine....LOL.

Hi Ros - hope u get your net back on soon.... my life would b over without a connection...jokes....NOT!!!!

#54 bec8112

Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:08 PM

Nat - yeah I vote dinner and wine too :-)

#55 themelster

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:19 PM

I third dinner and wine!!!

#56 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:19 AM

waves.gif me too, me too!!

Bec - glad Hannah went well with her needles. I jumped on the scales with Aidan the other day and he was just about 7.5kgs also. My little boofer!

Nat - all that gardening is a good workout too! How is Josh going?

Chai latte - the brand i have is Morlife - Chai'Q. I think I got it at Coles... or woolies. They are the 2 places I shop and I cant remember which one it was. It is a little chunkier than the Chai you get at a cafe for eg, i think it is because the spices arent ground as finely. It has a beautiful aroma and delicious taste!

Mands - I love the caramel chai latte sticks. I forgot to add about Little Kickers. They sell LK branded shorts and shirts. It is a gorgeous red/white theme and 3/4 of the kids in the class N went to were wearing them. Musnt be too exxie. They were all so cute running around. Take a sippy bottle of water for Will also.

We are nearly all back to full health here. I am still a bit snotty and coughy, Nadia is pretty much healthy and Aidan just has a nasty cough. He slept a little better last night. We were all in bed at 8pm!!! Old fogies.

Kristi and I swam 1klm yesterday morning before the kids swimming lessons. My shoulders are sore now, haha, I forgot about those muscles.

BBL Housework to do.

Sharna

#57 themelster

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:32 AM

Sharna, the 40 laps was of a 25m pool so 1km. I wish I was better at swimming. It definately doesn't come naturally. I'd much rather run!!

#58 bec8112

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:06 PM

Ahhhhh Ethan has decided he does not want to lay down to get his nappy on!!!! He is happy to put on undies standing up so we had to try put on his nappy standing up for bedtime. I think we might need pull up style nappies????

#59 Small Potatoes

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:01 PM

Here is a picture of bub#3

12 week scan

Doing really well, HB 151 bpm moving heaps and low risk for DS and other trisomy's.  Only one baby.

#60 bec8112

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:48 PM

Mands - ah I love the ultrasound pic :-) yeah on the low results. I am so excited for you, another bub for the group :-)

#61 meeskamouska

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:54 PM

Yay Mands - I'm so happy for u. U must keep pinching yourself to see if its all real....I know how much u really wanted this.

#62 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:01 PM

Mands - that is great the scan went well. How did Danny react to seeing the bub on the screen? Sometimes that makes it more real for them. How are you feeling?

Bec - how is H today after her needles?

Busy day here doing nothing really. Aidan has decided to catnap and really fight his day sleeps so he is a bit whingy. I think it is a growth spurt as he is on the boob with more frequency today. He normally goes 3-4 hours but is having a full feed every 2-3 hours.

Kristi and I have done really well with our first week of exercise and healthy living pre the triatholon next year. I lost 1.7kgs ddance.gif and she lost 1.1kgs eexcite.gif Our mini goal is a kilo a week until christmas then a celebration! Kristi only has 12kgs to lose so will get to goal alot sooner than me. I am aiming for 25kgs.... oomg.gif I cant believe I let myself put all this weight back on after having lost it. Oh well, 2 bubs and a bit of self indulgence will do that. We finished week one of the C25K and start week 2 tomorrow.

Not up to much this weekend. We are catching up with a Romanian community group on Sunday which should be good for Dan. See if we can connect with some people around here.

Have a good weeked.

Sharna

#63 bec8112

Posted 29 October 2010 - 04:47 PM

Sharna - that is awesome weight loss :-) I am hoping to start my journey on Monday, I have about 15 to loose to get back to what I was after my last big loss when using weight watchers/boot camp.

Hannah is all good after her needles, no reactions/fevers or anything :-)

#64 themelster

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:14 PM

Mands - fantastic news that all went well at the scan.  You know what, when I saw you the other day I totally forgot you were preggers!  You aren't showing much at all.  Are you going to find out boy or girl or leave it as a surprise?

Bec - no advice on the nappy thing - Tom does that sometimes.  He went through a phase of it a couple of weeks back.  It was a nightmare.  But he is better now.

Sharna - that is brilliant weight loss!  It is so easy to stay motivated when you are getting results like that!  I on the other hand can't seem to budge a bit  mad.gif .  I was looking forward to weighing myself today after coming back from the coast as I had been really good with my food and I went for a run, swam my 40 laps, climbed mount coolum and walked heaps and nada.  I seem to just stick between 59.8 (the lowest I've gotten) to 60.5.  I think my AD's don't help things.  I've started (on Monday) dropping down from 45mg to 30mg.  I'll do this for 2 months (under instruction from my "crazy lady" doctor") and then re-assess.  It will be a slow weaning process but I hope I will find it easier to drop a couple of kg's once I am off them.  I only want to drop about 4-5kg's.  You think it would be easy!

I'm off on my girls night out tomorrow night.  Can't wait!  Got a new outfit and all  biggrin.gif .  Will head into the hotel in the arvo (after a swim) and laze around the pool for a bit.  Might see if I can get one of the girls at the MAC counter to do my make up.

#65 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 30 October 2010 - 06:36 AM

Vent ahead

I am still steaming slightly as I sit here and write this. Dan went out with my BIL Matt last night in town. Got the trains, all nice and responsible. Home by midnight apparently as Matt has to look after his 3 kids this morning while my sister goes to work. I was up feeding Aidan at 0330 and called to see where they were, what happened etc. Apparently just getting the train now!! Woke again at 5am... not home. Called again... on the train now, missed the last one. Get this though... they asked if i could come down to the train station to pick them up. They got home by taxi at 0530. I was soooooooo angry. I totally get it that men just dont think sometimes but not even a text to let me know what they were up too. I feel bad for my sis too as she has to leave her precious bubbas with a daddy who will likely still be under the influence, tired and cranky. Also because I have been lying in bed waiting for him to get home and of course now cant sleep I am wrecked. Aidan will wake soon, Nadia will be up and Dan gets to sleep it off all morning. I can guarantee you he wont be apologetic or remorseful when he wakes up and somehow I will be the spoilsport for having rung him to 'check' up on what he was doing. I am really over this lack of respect he has for me somedays. A little bit upset about it all now.  sad.gif

Do you all feel somedays it would be easier on your own?

Sharna

#66 bec8112

Posted 30 October 2010 - 06:45 AM

Sharna -  bbighug.gif I know how you feel, Dave went to Noosa last night because he wanted to see a band playing and he only told me last minute. He stayed up there so I have no idea when he plans on getting home.  Luckily I have his sister staying for a week so she is able to help me out.  I cannot believe Dan did not message or call you, I think that is the part that would annoy me the most!  I say you make him get up and do some family things and he has to deal with it  wink.gif .  As for the not sleeping I am the same if Dave is home too.

#67 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 30 October 2010 - 06:53 AM

Thanks Bec, what annoys me the most is that he thinks he is entitled to act like a single man sometimes. As if he has no cares or responsibilities... i dont remember reading somewhere in the rule book that occassionally men get to go out and leave it all behind.

#68 bec8112

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:00 AM

Sharna - it just means when we do our night out we will feel no guilt about it  tongue.gif maybe guilt about leaving the kids but not guilt about leaving Dan/Dave to do all the work!  Dave is the same about wanting the single man life too, he just keeps finding new hobbies and I ask him when do you think you have time for that????

#69 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:04 AM

Dan's argument would be that he doesnt really 'do' anything else and rarely goes out... that doesnt justify it however. I agree about our night out but can guarantee you I will be home well before 5am because I know that I will still have to deal with the kids the next day. Mummy guilt and responsibility hits me hard.

#70 themelster

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:15 AM

Sharna - it's not on really.  I'd be more angry at your Sister's husband.  That is TOTALLY out of order getting in at 5am knowing full well he has to be the sole provider for his kids the next day.  Just unacceptable.  As for Dan, I wonder if he thought by ringing or texting you to keep you informed, he might just be waking you up.  I know if Mark was out later than he said, he wouldn't ring or text for fear of waking me.  But 5am?!  Who can even stay up that late these days???!!!  And the worst bit is that you will have to put up with him slinking around the house moaning and carrying on because he has a hang-over.  I hate that bit.  Mind you, that will probably be me tomorrow  blush.gif   But I certainly will be home earlier than 5am! (well back to my hotel room anyway - tee hee!).
I do think that it is important that we get to let off steam every now and again.  Go out and kick our heels up and do things we used to do.  BUT it has to be a two way street and not to the detriment of either party.   It's a matter of respect really isn't it - if you say you are going to be home by a certain time, then at least try to adhere to that.  I know that once you've had a few, you don't think straight and what might seem like a good idea at the time (ie: staying out to 5am) won't seem that smart in the cold light of day.

#71 ~Annika~

Posted 30 October 2010 - 01:19 PM

Hey all!! Been AAAAAGES since I posted! Thank you, Mands, for popping in on FB with a nice little message, so I thought I better let everyone know I am still alive, hehe. Hope you have been keeping well!

Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY wishes for all our gorgeous 2 year olds!!! Bryce was 2 on the 23rd Oct (day after Tom).
We are going to Perth Zoo for his birthday picnic tomorrow, will be a lovely day for it, really looking forward to that!

Like I've said to Mands, I have been sick on and off ever since our holiday over East (that's now about 2 months ago), and I am so sick of getting sick, I wish my immune system would function better! Every time it's something different, first a full blown flu, then a head cold with less than a week break from it all then a sinus infection sets in with totally blocked ears, now I have had a sore throat lasting for 2 weeks and now it's progressed into a head cold again!!! Tyler or Bryce gets a cold, 'wahm' I've got it too. I am over it!! Sorry for the vent, but this is partly why I haven't been in for a long time, I would just be miserable the whole time. So you get it all now in one vent instead, lol.  rolleyes.gif

Been looking into homotoxicology/homeopathy to detox my system and have a fresh start rather than masking the underlying problem by taking panadol or cold & flu tabs every time, so now I'm just waiting for my detox kit to arrive. A friend of mine put me onto it as she had the same issues a while ago with getting sick constantly, and after she did the detox she never gets sick. So here's hoping!!

I am looking into doing an online Teacher's Aide course so I can work within school hours when both boys are at school, I have printed the brochure and application form. Unfortunately nursing hours totally clash with school drop-off and pick-up times, especially if DH is unable to do either. Next year will be a test with Tyler going in every day for pre-primary.

Sharna sorry to hear about your frustrations with your DH's night out. That would be the pits I reckon!! My DH is not into going out all night with mates drinking etc, but he has other hobbies/indulgences that goes out on me and the boys though, and I sure do feel resentful when he sort of expects the privilege (single man mentality), but when I want to do something just for me I feel I have to ask first and justify why etc. Argh men!!

Edited by ~Annika~, 30 October 2010 - 01:24 PM.

#72 bec8112

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:53 PM

Hi Annika - nice to hear from you, I have been thinking about you are your gorgeous but kept forgetting about FB to contact you! Silly me!

Mel - where are you staying up the coast? I just saw the photos you added of Tea Tree, looks great!

#73 meeskamouska

Posted 30 October 2010 - 08:10 PM

Sharna - I hope u get a better sleep tonight & u sorted things with Dan. Men....arrgghhh. I'm sure u know you'll get a sympathetic ear here. Paul does that sort of crap all the time. They really are self centered creatures aren't they. I sometimes feel so frustrated that I think about leaving & wonder if things would b easier on my own. I don't know if any relationship is perfect. They all have their ups & downs. hugs gorgeous woman. U & Kristy will have to sit them both down together & give em a blasting...LOL.

Hi Annika - nice to see u in. Your detox sounds great. The last few months have been horrid healthwise here but we seem to b on the otherside now...thank goodness. I found multi vitamins for everyone here a big help.

Did a bit more with the vege garden today. Planted some mixed lettuces, silverbeet & basil. Not alot in just yet but it'll get there. We put in the first of 3 garden beds today. Takes a bit of work turnig the soil etc toget it nice. Mulched with organic sugarcane mulch & re mulched the chook house too. Feeling pretty motivated ATM.

Hope everyone has a good night....enjoy yours Mel.... jealous of that one i can tell u. So desperate for a night out.

#74 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:40 PM

Nat - what a lovely wise woman I have as a friend. wub.gif I think I girly love you

Annika - it is sooooooooo good to see you. Sorry to hear your health hasnt been great lately. We are all just recovering from virulent conjunctivitis and purulent green snot... I think the detox and some positivity will do wonders. Here's hoping you are feeling better soon.

Mel - enjoy your night out, and your hotel room, you deserve it.

AFU - Dan has been a saint today. Helping with the kids, attentive to me, cooking dinner and then doing the dishes oomg.gif I am not complaining but letting him wallow a bit too. I have said thanks and left it at that. Kristi and Matt had a good long chat and it enabled her to bring up a few things she has wanted to discuss with him for a long time. Here's hoping it is a wake up call for him.

Off to Riverview tomorrow for the Romanian community thingy.

Have a lovely sunday.

Sharna

#75 meeskamouska

Posted 31 October 2010 - 10:19 AM

Cruisy Sunday here. The girls & I went out early to the vege garden. They love it out there. I put up a shade sail for them to play under. They play cups of tea & pick garden greens for play food...cracks me up.
Not much else happening..... coffee time & some forum trawling I think is in order...hehehe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.