New thread time ladies

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=827640

#2 Guest_kalita_*

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:24 AM

ph34r.gif

#3 ToodlePopsMum

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:18 AM

SILVER!

Just popping in to say i am reading but have no time to reply at the moment!

am thinking of everyone and hope everybody is doing well original.gif

#4 KnightsofNi

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:57 PM

Bronze!!!!!

#5 ToodlePopsMum

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:42 PM

okay, i have 10 minutes of peace and quiet so have dedicated it to you ladies original.gif

i can't really remember what has happened in the last thread so will just do personals on what i can remember:

hope:  well done on starting the exercise again.  you sound a lot more positive about things in general.  i am glad that owen is taking to the formula so well and you sound very happy with your decisions and as we know, a happy mum = a happy baby so  ddance.gif  cclap.gif to you original.gif

rach:  sorry love but i do get giggle out of your posts.  hope she is having a better day for you today.

kalita:  naughty miss E!  hope your back isn't too sore and you can get some relief from the pain.

me:  nothing much.  i know i said i have been busy, and i have, but i just dont know what with.  i guess it just boils down to kids stuff - driving them here there and every where.
i have a gyno appt next week that i am secretly crapping my daks about.  i think i told you girls that my gp thought i had pcos and i went to an endomologist and she said that she didn't think it was pcos (she is one of perths (if not australia's) leading clinical professors in pcos so kinda took her word for it) and she has referred me to a surgical gyno and has recommended a "hysteroscopy".  basically a look into my uterus.  i am scared to death of the procedure so am going to be ask to be knocked out and i am also scared of what they may find up there.  the endomologist said that they will be looking for polyps, tumours  oomg2.gif or the possibility of live retained placenta (which i doubt it will be!) from when i had aley.  i have asked dh to take the day off to come with me as I am not sure i want to go on my own original.gif  thankfully a friend is going to look after aley and joshy is at kindy.
aley is just awesome.  he makes me laugh even when i am feeling like crap.  he is a delight to be around pretty much from the moment he wakes up to the moment he goes to bed.  he can be a little feral monkey but if i tell him to stop doing something he does it.  just like that.  no arguing.  he and J are starting to play together really nicely too which is great.  he is pretty much wee trained during the day now, just has a nappy on for day sleeps and at night.  he has only had one accident the whole time (touch wood) and that was my fault  because I forgot to take him to the loo before starting dinner.  he is now trying really hard with the number twos as well and we have had two on the loo so far  tthumbs.gif   i weighed and measured him the other day.....he is 97cms (97th percentile) tall and 14kgs (75th percentile) so pretty much in proportion.  
right better go and get dinner ready before Sir Alex awakens from his slumber original.gif

#6 winelover

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:08 PM

Hello!!!!!
Just popping in to say Hi!

I still have to read back on the last thread! Like everyone I have been busy.

Toodles - good work on the toilet training!! Wonder how tall my midget Tayla is. I haven't weighed or measured her for a long time!

Even though I am on maternity leave at the moment I have had to complete some on-line training - argh!! Today I passed the quiz for the course - phew! It was kind of stressful in that I had no idea what to expect, and you only get 2 goes to complete it, with a 1/2 hour time allowance.  So when Jacinta was asleep today I started it. About 20 minutes into it she woke up and hollered!Argh! Stress.  Anyway I pressed submit and lo and behold I only got one answer wrong... phew...RELIEF!!

I am going to try zumba tomorrow... should be fun I hope original.gif

#7 winelover

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:31 PM

HAve just read back

LAM - I am sorry to hear your news {hugs}

Hope - woo hoo I am sure you will look hot soon you yummy gym mummy!! Re: work.  When I worked 2 days a week After having Tayla I loved it.  I think I will go back at the start of the next school year for 2 days a week again.   Jacinta will be 7 1/2 months then. Tayla was 8 1/2 months when I went back.  Is there an opportunity for you to work part time?

Kalita - How is your naughty corner implementation going?

RAch - Wish I lived near you, then our naughty 2 year olds could play together whilst we drank coffee together and possibly ate cake (that is after going to the gym of course)  wink.gif

This evening we went and said goodbye to one of my Mothers group friends who is moving back to Ballarat to be near her family.  I was sad, we will miss them heaps.  But, hey! gives us an excuse to visit Ballarat...i've never been there!

BTW Griffith is going to be on Better Homes and Gardens this week... think that's what show it was.... just look for the citrus sculptures (oranges) Johanna Griggs is hosting

Edited by winelover, 21 October 2010 - 08:32 PM.

#8 winelover

Posted 22 October 2010 - 06:55 PM

bummer no zumba! Still waiting to try it.

#9 winelover

Posted 23 October 2010 - 01:32 PM

Hello again  waves.gif

#10 KnightsofNi

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:06 PM

Owen has found the dummy love. It makes settling him so much easier. Dummies are a god send IMO.

I went to the gym this morning. I took the kids so DH could have a sleep in. It was A's first time in the crèche. She was great! So easy. It was such a success all round that I think we will do it every Saturday morning so DH can have a sleep in.

My brother is in town for the weekend. Annabelle is loving it! It is so nice when he visits. I wish he hadn't moved away.

#11 Guest_kalita_*

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:46 AM

Morning original.gif

WL: The naughty corner is working really well, so far. She hates it (but exclusion has always been an effective 'punishment' for E. I have been trying to cut way back on her sugar intake, as that's definitely contributing to her being feral. Today was going to be completely sugar free day, except when I got up I found her munching on my precious Green & Blacks choccie sad.gif So those plans are out the window! rolleyes.gif

Hope:
I had E on a dummy pretty much the minute I got home from hospital and sterilised one. Because she wasn't BF and not getting that comfort sucking I didn't mind her having the dummy. I wish our gym had a creche. But then, it doesn't even run classes sad.gif So I haven't joined original.gif

#12 winelover

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:21 PM

Kalita -  tthumbs.gif yay to a successful naughty corner.  You have inspired me to try givin Tayla time out in her room again.  So far it has worked. Effective for both her and I.

Hope - woo hoo you gym girl - you are sounding so much more positive!! Yep, dummies are good!

How's this.... at the markets this morning some feral child about the same size as Tayla accousted us and scratched Tayla in the face, then wouldn't leave us alone.  I had the big pram with the toddler seat on the front, but Tayla was walking at the time and Jacinta was asleep in the pram.  I picked Tayla up and said to the other child "can you leave us alone please"... The child continued following us like I owned it, and the person that was with the child wasn't really doing anything to stop it,(no sorry or anything)  the child was also trying to get to Jacinta who was asleep in the pram (making me even more cranky) Tayla was really upset. I didn't think the scratching was much until I saw the mark on her face later.....Grrrrrr... I should of run it over with my pram...(yes I have an evil streak within me).. Later on I was talking to a friend of mine who saw us running away from the feral child and she thought the child was with us because of the way it was clinging on!

#13 winelover

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:23 PM

hello again  waves.gif

#14 KnightsofNi

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:00 PM

Poor child with uncaring parent. Must be looking for love. But scratching another child is not going to endear him/her to anybody!

It is 6.30pm and both kids are asleep. DD didn't have a day nap, so was very tired. Long may it last.

Zumba tomorrow! Kids are booked into creche. Annabelle is excited about that. (I have super dooper selling techniques. Annabelle loves creche, getting her finger nails cut and assorted things that children normally scream at. It is all in how you sell it!)

#15 kgbird34

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:01 AM

Hello Chickens
For those who haven't seen them, and I'm sure you're all bursting to, I have put some family shots on facebook.  We had them done on Sunday, which just happened to be our 12th wedding anniversary!  Fab and I both hate having our photos taken so we did well to suffer through them.  And thanks for your thoughts on Bella young TPM and Kath, just cause you can't SEE her horns doesn't mean they aren't there!!!!
TPM when's the surgery going to happen?  I second LAM, I had those too for my infertility and there was nothing to it, I was home in a few hours.   But it is scary to think about, don't think I slept much the night before!  Are you having pains or any other symptoms?  Good luck  biggrin.gif .
LAM I second you eye rolling sentiment on toilet training!  Gives me the sh*ts lol.  Waiting for consistently warmer weather here.  Bells is so naughty though, when she does a poo she climbs up on to the change table and takes her nappy off and dabs at her bum with a wipe till I get there.  She can go to the toilet if she can do that but every time I have 'half heartedly' tried to TT her she poos and wees everywhere.  The joys!
KALITA you are funny re your gym comments and faces to match!  Made me giggle.  How is E travelling?  Good that the naughty corner works!  She owes you some chocolate.
KATH I feel sorry for that little feral kid too but if I was in your shoes I wouldn't have liked it too much!  Some parents are clueless; I admit I am one of them, but wouldn't stand back and let my kids scratch others without some serious consequence.  Hope the library was fun this morning!
HOPE tell me how Zumba went!  I would be far too uncoordinated to even attempt it I'm afraid.  Yet still strangely interested!!   Pump is as far as I can go with coordination, and I haven't been there for weeks.  Glad you're enjoying it.  How's the bottle feeding going?
Well that's about all for me now, Bells is bellowing  biggrin.gif xxx Rachel.

#16 ToodlePopsMum

Posted 26 October 2010 - 03:45 PM

Hi All,

Well I have just been to the gyno and as a starting point he did an endometrial biopsy in his rooms (as well as a standard pap smear).  i was so mortified that I actually cried and was shaking like a leaf.  Felt like a complete moron!  He said that given my age and health he isn't expecting to find anything at all in the results but it is a precautionary type of test.  He has also put me on Yasmin pill which I was dead against but didn't like the thought of a mirena or the nuvo ring so will give this a shot.  he said it will stop the heavy bleeding and also settle the pms (dh is VERY happy about that!).  He wants to see me again in 7 months time to see how things are going, unless of course they find something in the results.  So still no closer to finding out why my periods are so darn heavy but as long as the pill helps to ease it i am okay with that.

Gotta go - have a billion bits to do before picking up J from kindy wink.gif

#17 Guest_kalita_*

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:33 AM

TPM: Are you feeling OK now? sad.gif Can I ask why you didn't want to go on Yasmin? Hopefully it does help your heavy periods though, that is one 'fun' side effect of having kids I didn't expect glare.gif

Rach: lmao about Bella's horns. No one will believe me when I tell people E is a devil-child, blonde curls and blue eyes fools them every time.

WL: We didn't want to do time out in E's room because that's 'her' space, I didn't want to make it a punishment space as well (convincing her it's bedtime is hard enough!). So our 'naughty corner' is in the lounge/dining room where she can see what we're doing and what she's missing out on. But whatever works IMO! 2 is such a feral age!

LAM: TT is intimidating, must be such a PITA for those who have been there before! Things like this make me glad I only have to do it once (barring spontaneous snip-reversal on DH's part). We still haven't started, E has only just started telling me when she is going, rather than when it's over. When she can tell me before she goes we'll start. Hopefully it coincides with my mum being here for Christmas wink.gif

Us: DH unexpectedly has the whole of next week off work! How exciting. Although he will probably spend most of it sleeping rolleyes.gif (to be fair, he is sick)

#18 blessedwithblueandpink

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:20 PM

Hi All

LAM ;So sorry for your loss, hope your ok. hugs xx

TPM :Hope your ok and you got over the bx ok.xxx

No time at the mo for any more personals, but hello to everyone and I am still reading

So OVER the renovation and extension!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

loads of love
blessed
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

#19 ToodlePopsMum

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:47 PM

Kalita:  yup Im feeling okay original.gif thanks for asking though original.gif  i guess the reason I didnt' want to go on the pill in general (not just yasmin) is all the bad stuff I read about it and previous experience of weight gain and acne.  I have been told by the gyno and the pharmacist that this one of the better ones on the market so i am happy to take it for now.  never realised it would be so expensive though!  oh well.  if it works then i am happy!  the way he has told me to take it means that i wont have a period for the next three months!!   ddance.gif

Winelover:  poo poo to that other child.  poor little feral though.  he/she obviously is craving attention - shame the way they chose to do it was to hurt your Tayla.  Not on.

sorry - that's all i have time for!  have Sir Alex who climbs out of his cot whenever he is ready just about to wake and I want to run some errands before my other two boys get home original.gif

#20 KnightsofNi

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:30 PM

Hi All!

tell me how Zumba went!

Good and bad. I really enjoyed myself doing it (although terrible at it!). But DD screamed and screamed while in the creche until they came and got me out of the class 20 minutes into it. Apparently I didn't sell the concept of creche well enough. original.gif

Will try again another day.

I went to the dentist today and had a broken tooth pulled out. Hurts a bit. More of an ache. Horrible, horribleness. And I have to go back and get some fillings replaced. The visit made me really glad we have PHI. It means I only had to pay $115 of the $288 bill.

DH has gone to Sydney for the weekend for 'work'. But really it is a little holiday. He will drink a lot, eat a lot, sleep a lot and climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge. I was invited, but I couldn't bear to leave DS for the weekend.

DD is in childcare today. DS is having a lovely super nap this afternoon. But I am just too tired to make use of the time, so I am sitting around doing nothing much. I had about 4 hours of broken sleep last night and I am exhausted. Mean Owen keeping me up all night.

Rachel - Your pictures are beautiful. (as are you and all your gorgeous children).

Big beds - DD has a toddler bed. She sleeps in there for her day naps and starts the night in there about once a week. But the rest of the time she sleeps in our bed. I can't seem to get her out. We have a competition in our house, 'Who has the worst sleep habits' competition.

It was our wedding anniversary (and anniversary of our first date yesterday). 9 years of marriage and 15 years of coupledom. We left the kids at home with grandma and went out for dinner (for the first time since DS was born). We didn't stay out long, but it was nice. Food was good, and it was really nice to spend some time with DH. I even had a couple of drinks.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

#21 Guest_kalita_*

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:45 PM

E is at her grandparents for the weekend, and DH has an entire week off work. I'm very excited original.gif

LAM: E has been in a 'big' bed since she was 1, we moved her onto the mattress on the floor before C was born (because of course we thought we would need the cot), and then put the frame up in February this year, so she would have been 21 months I think. We waited until she stopped squirming so much when she was sleeping, and I think we would be fine now to take off the safety rail (I won't, of course). Up until recently we did have a baby gate over her door though, so she couldn't get out in the morning when she woke up, but she is old enough that we trust her to not do anything too unsafe now. Most mornings she waits for DH to get in the shower, and then will come bug me until I wake up, or puts the TV on if she's not hungry yet.

TPM: Your reasons are exactly why I went off the pill too, and I still had issues with Yasmin. Not as bad as on the regular BCP, but after being artificial hormone free for months I noticed the b**ching and moodyness come back straight away. I tried the nuvaring after E was born and didn't have any issues with it, except for (again) mad PMS. BUT I was post-baby crazy so it may have been that too rolleyes.gif But if it helps control the heavy periods it might be worth it original.gif

Blessed: Hi original.gif

Hope: You are good going to the dentist, I am so scared of them. I haven't been since I got my braces off(!) over 10 years ago. My teeth are absolutely wrecked from two pregnancies too sad.gif

#22 KnightsofNi

Posted 30 October 2010 - 05:56 AM

I thought the whole teeth going to crap during pregnancy was a myth?

I have had a tooth break (and subsequently pulled out) during each of my pregnancies.

#23 winelover

Posted 31 October 2010 - 01:59 PM

Big Bed - we have had T in a big bed mattress on the floor probably since February, in June or July we put the mattress on the base.  I bought one of those side rail things to use but haven't even opened it.  She sleeps in big bed fine - just turned a spare pillow on the side and put it on the side of the bed to stop her rolling out. Her only struggle is climbing in as she is such a midget!

Kalita - be brave, find a nice dentist! Like the study "just do it"

Hope - gorgeous pics of your kidlets on FB original.gif

LAM - good luck with the big bed

Toodles, Blessed - hellooooo

Rach - beautiful family shots on FB

Us - i've got the flu!! If only it was as bad as a man flu!!!!!!

#24 winelover

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:58 PM

LAM - hope you are feeling better soon.  You have just reminded me to take soem drugs before I go to bed.  Woo Hoo...panadol!

We had a good TT day here today...all wees in the loo and a poo as well. Fingers crossed it continues original.gif

#25 KnightsofNi

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:24 PM

Hope - gorgeous pics of your kidlets on FB

'Tis easy. They are gorgeous kids, so easy to take gorgeous photos of.

I hope all the sickies feel better soon.

I took DD and DS to the gym creche this morning. They were fine. It seems if I take DD to the first session she is fine (less coming and going). Will take her again on Saturday morning.

Funny story. I had Owen on my lap the other day. He was sitting there quite happily there. It was lovely. Annabelle climbed into my lap to, and promptly fell asleep. It was really sweet. Apparently my maternal love was in full swing as my boobs kicked into action and starting leaking everywhere! I hadn't fed, pumped or leaked for a week!! Too funny.

DS has his 6 month shots tomorrow. sad.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.