September 04 Parents # 106

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
79 replies to this topic

#76 bearboy01

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:28 AM

hi team - No DH income hasnt gone up - wish it had original.gif
we havent done his tax for this year yet & child support sent us a letter say 6 weeks back as they just EST this years income & decided that he earnt an extra 10K WTF?
Its terribly exhausting all of this -
and the power that they have is incredible -
we have called them & pleaded with them they just say U MUST PAY THIS - we dont have a mortage however they have even said to us - CHILD SUPP COMES BEFORE EVERYTHING EVEN YOUR MORTAGE - His ex doesnt work - never has AHHHHHHHHHH -
Thanks for the help ladies - I will look into this - my mum is going FREAKING BALISTIC * this in turn is stressing me out however I see her point & I KNow that she is worried -
im so over it sad.gif

Bridg thats so great about the report XX
Its wonderful to hear of a supportive school ESP as i dont feel my little one if getting much support Im relieved for you that they care so much - all girl class - sound so sweet doesnt it original.gif

they've been having special "girly time" just the two of them doing things like nail painting, hair dressups etc to try to get them to bond in a girly way (this is the trouble with the Autism school and the rate of Autism being 3 out of 4 boys) but it's still not helping. We'll see what happens next year, perhaps CJ will bond with one of the new girls.
sounds very sweet & at least the school is trying to help these two together -
it must be hard for u angel XX

Our boys kindy graduation is tomorrow  - bring the tissues!
Mum and DH are cming and mums besty also -
very very cute -
His teacher hardly even looks at me know let alone speaks to me - I assume that this is after the principal has spoke with her ?? Its shame but what can I do??

his private lesson was yest & I was very concerned when the teacher comes out & says to me " i think he will get there "   ummmmm NO Lady you say 'he will get there!"
as chance had it on Sat he had a diff teacher and he really liked her alot - younger girl - very calm etc - maybe he needs to swap teachers there ?
I have so  much going on in my head at the mo sad.gif

#77 helly

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:12 PM

Jayne, hope you get to the bottom of it, sounds like a terrible system sad.gif

Bridget Yippee, the report and girls class sound great!  I can understand your feelings about mainstreaming but with the right support I'm sure she will thrive there too. Would she go to your closest school?

Michelle Yup it's a genetic thing, which affects the nerve cells in the cochlea.  I don't totally understand how he could get off scot-free but we'll take every month of good hearing that we can, so important for developing language even before they talk!  One ear consistently fails the test they use for newborn screening so there's something odd there, and the testing has limitations, so I'm still paranoid (the fact he doesn't bable or chatter nearly as much as A doesn't overjoy me either)  Next testing is in Feb when he will be old enough to do puppet tests and we'll get a better idea of what he responds to.
The DVD sounds great - one of my jobs I meant to do was to go through all the old vids and catalog and backup them up - so hasn't happened!

Glorious day here in Sydney, took the boys down to Darling Harbour and it was perfect. Do feel cheated with all the awful weather we've had while I've been at home though  dry.gif  Think we're having the 6 mth growth spurt - I'm feeling trapped on the couch ohmy.gif

helly

#78 bearboy01

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:30 AM

hi team xx i did post on blended families and it started out well however last night when I was sleeping away - i guess its such a pesonal issue and I understand that - I just wanted some advice cause this is affecting my children & our life - I mentioned credit card debt & some were most displeased with me - Its still a fact that we have it & have to pay the debt - and DH still pays child supp also - I asked the moderator to close the chat sad.gif
Thats happened to me before in here sad.gif
I just wanted some advice sad.gif
anyhoo - Calebs graduation is this morn - tissues XX

much loce guys XXX

#79 RiverOfDreams

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:04 AM

Hi Jayne, went over and read the thread, gee you struck a few nerves!  Probably a good thing you were sleeping while that was unravelling.    I wouldn't take it personally, I think they had their own agendas.
.. but there was some good advice, in regard to the calculator, and ways to put through a formal query etc.
Enjoy the graduation today.

Helly, thanks for sharing the information on the boys' hearing.  You have such a positive attitude.. very inspiring!

Bridget that's great how CJ is developing and coming along.  You've definitely been her advocate.

.. I finally made the decision on a DS for C today.  DS lites are on sale at K-Mart for $174 (starting today) which includes a starter kit and a game, so mum was down at K-Mart this morning at 7am with her discount card and she picked one up for me.  So with discount came to $165.... so I'm happy with this.

Have a great day
MJ x

#80 bearboy01

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:08 AM

. I finally made the decision on a DS for C today. DS lites are on sale at K-Mart for $174 (starting today) which includes a starter kit and a game, so mum was down at K-Mart this morning at 7am with her discount card and she picked one up for me. So with discount came to $165.... so I'm happy with this.
thats awesome !!!!!!   Your mum is a legend!

Yeah I did hit some nerves and its hard to not take it personally however thats me -
I understand that its hard being on the other side as well - I didnt mean to upset anget anyone at all however these threads seem to get so heated ..... sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.