October 04 Parents # 216

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
80 replies to this topic

#26 littleman

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:41 PM

yep lookign forward to it..just got to sit down and some poitn to watch it lol.

37 you're a younen lol...but no i get what you mean some days i feel ancient.

microdermabrasion - okay so if she had good skin and did and had good skin still thats bonus, I was thinking it might be really rough on teh skin.

making a cake - 1st communion.

got a job just sorting hours out.

#27 littleman

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:41 PM

yep lookign forward to it..just got to sit down and some poitn to watch it lol.

37 you're a younen lol...but no i get what you mean some days i feel ancient.

microdermabrasion - okay so if she had good skin and did and had good skin still thats bonus, I was thinking it might be really rough on teh skin.

making a cake - 1st communion.

got a job just sorting hours out.

#28 Pam*B

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:30 AM

Very quickly I have to run to school I only meant to have a read.

Sharon I think that's what a friend of mine gets done. I'll ask her. She says it's very painful and she looks dreadful for a couple of days but after that she's glowing. I'm not sure if that's just her or it's the microdermabrasion. She's 43.

Claire would be having her bub today yeah?

I'm the worst friend, I forgot Amanda's birthday and I was even talking to her that day. sad.gif Amanda! Talk to me! Forgive me!

I nearly cried when I read your post about all your mum's "help". It's not like you to let yourself feel overwhelmed...when does Ty come home? I'd like to give you a day off I just can't this weekend, it's my anniversary the kids are going away tomorrow and we're having a much needed weekend to ourselves. So when does he come home?

ETA - Oh man...everything I say seems to come out all wrong lately...what I mean is...you have every right to feel overwhelmed, it's a big job on your own, but you're so capable you just get on with it. So if you're mentioning you're feeling it, I relaise you must really need a break. Does that make sense?

Claire I thought you only had 2 bedrooms?

Oh just realised...like she's reading this while being prepped for a cs. laughing2.gif

ETA - Sharon - SHE says she looks dreadful, I only see some vague redness under the makeup.

Edited by Pam*B, 12 November 2010 - 07:43 AM.

#29 littleman

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:13 PM

pam - but she must see a better result eventually?? otherwise you woudlnt do it??? Yes agree think shes probably more aware of her redness.

Claie - wonder how its all going?

jus tog back form gym so bloody hot here, trying to scoff lunch then do some housework, have a cake to bake tonight as well.

pam - happy anniversary enjoy your weekend off:)

#30 GIO

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:42 PM

LOL - I didn't ring up fishing for birthday wishes - I just wanted to show off my cleverness.

All good here - I have them all in daycare/school today so I have today off. My  Back too sore to go swimming though, so I just loungeing around.

Claire - I am stalking waiting for an announcement.

Sharon - I jsut noticed my skin looks pretty good.  I think it's from all the water I've been drinnking the last month or two.  I'm sure it didn't happen overnight.

Anyway, what my nutrimentics friend said was that a lot of the nutrimentics consultants got addicted to microdermabrasion and did it so much that their skin fell off and they looked so bad they couldn't sell anything (hey, buy this product and look like me!).  So I think it's one of those things that makes your skin feel nice & smooth, but maybe it doesn't make it LOOK any better.

#31 Pam*B

Posted 12 November 2010 - 03:40 PM

Haha, I knew you weren't calling to fish for birthday wishes. But gee you must have felt a bit deflated when I said "ok well I gotta fly!!" and no "happy birthday!" laughing2.gif

I didn't see my friend today. Does microdermabrasion involve needles? Or lasers? I can't remember now...just trying to figure out if it's the same thing she's been getting done. Yeah I think she does have improved skin, it's just I didn't notice there being much wrong with it before because I suppose I don't take such close notice of other people's bits. Like most people I'm only critical of my own bits.

Amanda you need to head to our FB group, it's in there. Glad to hear you're having a lounging around day.

#32 littleman

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:54 PM

lol amanda totally agree i drink about 1.5 litres of water a day, try to, i do like my coffee though.

pam - i think micro is like a sand paper type thing. And so agree i think if my skin isnt bad probably no need to go there, think i will stick to relaxing facials and some extra good mosituriser lol.

did i tell you all i got a job lol:)

okay off to rest, been so busy today gym and mowed the lawn and ganached and baked two cakes:)

Edited by littleman, 12 November 2010 - 06:54 PM.

#33 GIO

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:20 PM

Yeah, maybe the type of people who bother with microdermabrasion are the type who look after their skin anyway - so have good skin before they even get it done?

Claire - I'm so excited that you got your third baby that you'd been pining for.  And a pink one to boot - you will have o much fun playing dress ups.

#34 GIO

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:27 PM

Oh forgot to tell you my funny not-wishing-a-happy-birthday story.

When Ty was away last time I got a letter for baby J's dr appointment.  It was on a Monday, which Leslie my SIL doesn't work.

So I thought, Hmmmm, I wonder if she would consider putting Eddie in the car, driving all the way to my place and then looking after the other three (school holidays) while I take J to the hospital.

So I phoned up and asked her if she'd do that for me, and she said she would.  Excellent!!  Saves me having to take 3 surplus children to the hospital.

Then I thought, Hmmmm, her birthday is soon.  Phoned back "When is your birthday?"
"Today"

OMG - Imagine ringing someone up and asking for babysitting favours on her birthday and totally ignoring it!  I was so embarrassed.

#35 Pam*B

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:17 PM

I don't feel quite so bad now lol.

Congrats Shaz what's the job?

I think there's nothing better for skin than water. Good skin care routines help, but there's nothing makes it glow like 2lts a day. I've always taken care of my skin, since early teens, it's just ingrained now, but my mum has good skin too so that prob gives me a head start. I'm trying to get Eve to start cleansing now and she's resisting it like you wouldn't believe. It's not a laziness thing either, it's clear to me this is a resisting getting older thing.

Amanda I think this friend is just really critical of her own looks, whereas I tend to be slightly more forgiving of my imperfections (I did say slightly!).

I'm playing in tennis finals next week for my Thurs comp. I'm very excited. Except my team came last roll2.gif I'm only in the finals because they need a fill in lol. I'll take what I can get!

#36 GIO

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:23 AM

Yeah, I think genetics has a lot to do with it - as does smoking and as does sun damage.

My mum would have quite nice skin if it wasn't for all the skin cancers that have been cut out and the skin transplants and stuff - her nose has been hacked into several times now - poor thing, it looks awful.

#37 Pam*B

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:06 AM

Oh really? I never noticed. See that's just further evidence of what I was saying the other day about not seeing my friend's imperfections, I was only seeing the overall. The two times I've met your mum all I noticed was a general, subconcious impression of attractive.

#38 littleman

Posted 13 November 2010 - 04:19 PM

hi
amanda - how funny. yep probbaly agree although i think microdermabasion is something you start later in life rather then earlier.
pam - so agree i think we are our own worst enemies as in we are more critcal of ourselves then others.

claire - congrats.

well been to gym today plus swimming plus made a two tier cake, but now off to have a shower afetr i vaccum and tonight we going alfresco for dinner, so hot here.

#39 GIO

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:52 AM

Yeah, she is/was attractive.  It was nice growing up having a young, pretty, slim mum although like most kids I would have adored her any way she came.

Sharon - Have you started shredding?

I've had a few days off - done it 15 times out of 21 days.  I can't wait to see the results after I've done it 30 times.

I'm already down to 57.3kg - so only 2.3 to go til goal weight.

Think I will take kids to the beach today - we're so bored.

Ciao
A

#40 lostmyid

Posted 14 November 2010 - 09:10 AM

Happy birthday Leora!!!

Very busy here today. I have the church Christmas fete type thing today at our outreach centre. We're having a free sausage sizzle if anyone is in the neighbourhood! It's worked out well with Andrew being home...I told him that I think that he needs to 'spend some quality time with the kids, and I need to spend some quality time without them'.

Well done girls on new jobs, new bodies, new hair and new outlooks.

Nik

#41 littleman

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:03 PM

hi

Happy Birthday Leora:)

boy is it hot here today:0

Amanda - no havent started yet, so how much have you lost? since starting/

Nik - sounds liek a wonderful idea:) Yep new me lol:)

Pam /amanda - i 'd like to think i have okay skin i mean its def older, a little more wrinkly around the eyes lol, i think I may need a new foundation esp as the skin changes.

Just finished a Holy Com Cake:) Turned out really nice.
Pam - Job is working for Aramis Design Frangrance in Dj's nothing spec but good hours only 15 just enough to get me out socialing with adults lol plus teh perks are really good, they are owned by estee lauder , so basiclaly most of the stuff i get has a massive 80% off, included fragrances.clinique, bobbi brown mac ..list goes on. So should be fun, just going to play it by ear anyway:)

Have headache right now probably due to the heat.
got to go people coming for dinner tonight:)

#42 GIO

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:44 PM

Hi Sharon

Enjoy your dinner party - and well done on the job - you are totally suited to that type of work, what with your gorgeous face and your outgoing personality - you'll do well.

Um, I've lost 5kg - I was 62 point something when I got back from Adelaide.  Lost about a kilo on our 2 week detox and then lost the other 4kg since starting calorie king and counting my cals and watching portions and upping the exercise.

I've always been a lazy exerciser - I like old fashioned low impact aerobics or yoga.  Hahaha - so this Shreddring workout stuff is so foreign to me (and hard!) - but I tell you what, after doing it when I lift J up - she is like a feather!!!

#43 littleman

Posted 14 November 2010 - 10:49 PM

amanda - thats great news, i am hoping to lose a few more kilos. Good you can do it all fromhome too:) My porblem is my body likes to hold onto fat lol, i am one of those people that would do well in a starvation lol.

Thanks for the compliments, the job isnt brain surgery but at least be out there and i like being aroudn nice things lol.

dinner party good, all cleaned up and a managed a batch of chohc cracles for miss e class tomorrow, but off to bed now.

#44 Pam*B

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:21 AM

Congrats on your weight loss Amanda that's fantastic. I've lost 400gms in a week, so lets not break out the champagne for me yet...I can feel the difference though and given I play alot of tennis (so building muscle), I'm not putting too much stock in the actual loss of grams. In fact after I did my check in today and saw what a small loss it was, then put my tshirt on, it was looser, so there you go.

Was it Leora's birthday yesterday? It was my anniversary yesterday, and I'm sure I would have remembered her being born on my anniversary. Actually scratch that, my memory is so bad lately I could have thrown her a birth-day party at the time and not remember now.

Well anyway if I missed it, Happy {belated} birthday Leora!!

Ooh Shaz it sounds very glam.

Speaking of makeup I switched to mineral powders last year, nude by nature, I love them. When not wearing makeup I either wear Clinique's city block or another one they have which is more tinted (but it's not called city block, just can't remember), but both have sunscreen.

Better go. xo

#45 littleman

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:35 PM

raning here has been most of the day. bit of a nice change though.

pam - i have the mineral powder too but fo rme i find that it cakes a little compered to liquid on my skin, mayeb my skin is slightly dryer. I use to work for clinque, city block is great, i think i knwo that other one you are tlakign about but cant remember the name.

i am hoping to start the shred tomorrow lol. i didnt go to gym today have had a day off, first monday in ages.

okay off to pick miss e up:)

#46 Pam*B

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:46 PM

Ah yeah, well I have combination skin so it works well for me. Though lately I've been using the clinique tinted moisture I mentioned in lieu of the base powder when I want spf plus less of a makeup look.

I made a vegetarian lasagna today, god it took forever. It's in the oven now and it better be good or I won't bother again.

#47 GIO

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:07 PM

The boys painted my bathroom with red nail polish today.  The paint came off the walls when I took it off.  Sad.

#48 littleman

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:38 PM

pam - hope the lasagne was worth it:)

amanda - oh no! Is it newly painted walls??

Raning here today after hot day yesterday. Off to dinner in city on saturday night, lookign forward to it.

bfn

#49 Pam*B

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:07 PM

That would be the bathroom that Amanda painstakingly renovated herself whilst simultaneously taking care of 4 children when Ty was in India. =(

Oh the lasagna...mmmm...was nice, G loved it, Eve hated it, Jed didn't mind it, I liked it but not enough to make it again. I need to find another recipe, it was all mashed sweet potato and peas. In my mind veg lasagna should be more veg and less mash. It's just the picture that came with the recipe looked SO good.

Want a laugh? Tonight Jed spilled a big dollop of yoghurt on the kitchen floor, and before I could say "don't even think about it!" he was down there on hands and knees, licking it up. laughing2.gif Well, what can I say...my kids almost never get sick, so there you go.

Oh yeah, and last night Jed refused to say goodnight to his dad and sister because he felt they "dis-aspected me" and "didn't have a-spect for me" because they had a jump on the trampoline together, without him. Even though he was in the bath at the time. Apparently "it's all about a-spect" and "you can't dis-a-spect, it's very rude". That kid is such a sponge and that school has a lot to answer for!! roll2.gif

We won tennis tonight, won last week too we're finally coming together, and tonight I find out 3 of the girls won't be playing next year because they play footy and they train on Wednesdays. Turns out they just played tennis this season for something to do in the off season. So am a bit sad because I love those girls, so much fun to play with and such great people. But that leaves 2 of us so I need to see if I can scrape together a team.

Edited by Pam*B, 17 November 2010 - 09:11 PM.

#50 GIO

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:28 AM

Well tell your school that disrespect is not a verb.  Hahahaha.

Ewwww, if I were to make a veg lasagne, I think I'd do lots of eggplant, not sweet potato, I can't see how that would fit in a lasagne.

Reminds me of this chick who used to be on Ch31 after Cooking with Cam (a family frined).  Anyway, this chick used to do a show on "healthy" eating and she has a host who she would chat to while she was doing the cooking - so rather than explaining to the camera she explains to him - which is a good idea.

Only problem was that he knew more about fresh fruit & vegies than her.  She thought that "health food" came in packages from the health food shop - Oh, her food was disgusting - she didn't even use real garlic - it was powdered garlic in her pasta sauce!!!!  Then he talked about how well basil grows in the summer and how nice it is to make pesto with.  She says "Is it?  I've never seen fresh basil" as she puts the dried stuff into her sauce.  What a crack up.

Now Sharon - I came in to tell you that I won't be doing before and after photos after 30 days.  Apparently it takes min 60 days of hard slog to start to see visible results - so I'll be doing my "after" photos after 60 days which is about Christmas.  Apparently I might get discouraged if I analyse and poke and prod and measure after only 30 days.

Plus I'm not doing the Shred every day - I am now aiming to do it 30 times over the 60 days - I will be doing zumba or other cardio stuff on the other days.

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.