October 04 Parents # 216

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
80 replies to this topic

#51 littleman

Posted 21 November 2010 - 02:42 PM

hi

oh no not the new bathroom sad.gif hope its fixable.

Pam - sometimes gotta try things and see if we like them i guess;)
lol at Jed. Hope you get a tennis team together, Rick plays on thursday night here, doubles.

Amanda - i do expect before and after shots lol.  I still havent started the dvd not that i dont want to jsut that at the moment i find it easy going to the gym but once i start working on wed and thursday i plan on doing that form home on those days as i think i will be hard pused to get to the gym after dropping kids off and then racing back to get there on time.

we went out last night, balmain, where we used to live, was nice, met up with some friends. Feelign tired today though looking forward to the gym tomorrow.
bbq tonight:)

#52 GIO

Posted 23 November 2010 - 06:58 PM

Hi All

Just a quickie - Abraham has been in hospital with asthma.  He got taken in last night suffering quite a bad attack, but we didn't know what it was, they said it was so bad we should have called the ambulance.

Anyway, he improved while in there, got discharged at 1pm but has been getting worse the last few hours so Ty has just left to take him back as we don't want another night like last night.

Poor kid doesn't realise he's sick and is just as merry and mischievous as ever.  LOL.

He has what they called viral induced asthma which is the 'good' kind as it should only be triggered by a cold/virus.  Allergy tests showed mild allergies to mould and fungus and more severe to dustmites.  I think most people show allergies to dustmites don't they?  Anyway, our house probably has a heck of a lot more dustmites than most as we have 60 year old carpet.  So goodbye rose patterned carpet, hello floorboards.

How are you enjoying the job Sharon?

How is everyone else?

Where is Claire?  I want to hear how smitten you are!

#53 Pam*B

Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:54 AM

Oh god Amanda! How is he now? What happened last night did they keep him in?

I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but a good friend of mine had a baby last month (Amanda, Lisa...I am pretty sure I told you about it). Anyway yesterday they got results back from his heel prick test and he has CF. I'm just devastated for them...it's one of those things you wake up in the morning and for a split second you forget something really bad has happened then you remember and your heart sinks. Today they're off to the RCH to find out more out his specific case and I guess alot more tests.

#54 GIO

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:51 AM

Yeah, he's fine - well not fine, but doing well.  I think he just needed some more steroids, but also the Dr said sometimes after a big sleep it can be quite bad, and he'd been sleeping all afternoon.

He saw the same dr as the night before and they walked around to the paed area hand in hand.  LOL.

I just wish he would get used to the puffer - it is still taking two of us to pin him down.

Pam - Oh, I'm so sorry about Lisa's baby - that's just awful.  Although I used to know a girl I did dancing with and she had it and ended up with a lung transplant and is fine.  Another chick on my kibbutz is now a facebook friend and doing fine.

Cheers

#55 lostmyid

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:22 AM

Pam my prayers are with your friends baby. Angus was tested for CF when he was a few weeks old and the stress just waiting for results was crushing. I can't imagine how I would have coped if he had it. I probably just wouldn't have coped at all. There are really good treatments these days. Do you remember an EBer, I think her id is Garnet, she had a baby a couple of years ago and she has CF. Her story was on RPA. Anyway even with the CF she was living an amazing life. Not an easy life, but an amazing one. What I'm trying to say in a very long winded way is that CF isn't the childhood disease of yesteryear. That CF sufferers can live much much longer and fuller lives and this is what i', hoping for your friends baby.

Amanda, I'm glad Bram will be ok. Asthma is bloody scary!

#56 littleman

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:10 PM

hi

amand a- glad abraham is doing okay, might take a whiel to get used to the puffer.

i dont start my job till tomorrow, sort of nervous but not, jsut goign to see how it goes and how i feel abotu it, not goign to stress if it doesnt work out so be it and if it does thats great.

pam - sorry to here about your friends bbay, thoughts with you x

hi nik:)

well its bloody hot here today, am so tired didnt even do a full hour at the gym, jsut 30mins, so not like me.

well better go house wont clean itself:)

#57 LouiseT

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:04 PM

God, I've been MIA for ages!

Amanda, Leora, happy birthday (a little late)!  

Claire, where are you?  How is your beautiful baby girl?  

Sharon, good for you with the job!

Amanda, I get the same type of asthma as Bram.  I highly recommend the Norwex cleaning range (like enyo, all natural, microfibre, etc).  They have a mattress spray that really helps eliminate dust mites in bedding, etc.

Watching you girls say how tiny you are makes me aware of how gigantic I am - but I have also lost 6 kilos, yay!  Just have 25 to go, boo.  

The lead up to Christmas holidays is insanely busy for me.  I

#58 LouiseT

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:12 PM

Reply part 2 sorry!  Can't edit on iPad.  

I've been holding Christmas card classes every fortnight in the last term of school, plus helping in the Prep classroom weekly, organizing social and charity stuff for Siobhan's class, a Christmas Craft day for 80 ten year olds, and teacher presents, etc.  Siobhan finishes school on Friday, the others finish next week.  My baby brother gets married on Saturday too.

I am over Christmas already.   rolleyes.gif

#59 GIO

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:55 PM

The pebblemix has gone!

The carpet in the entrance and the lounge has gone!

WooHoo - I am loving my floorboards.  After we'd pulled the carpet up in the entrance Ty says "Gee that was a productive day" and I say "Um yeah, but we can get the lounge done tonight when the kids are asleep.  Nighttime is the best time for renovations"  Hahaha - so we did.

Louise - Haven't heard of them.  My "cleaning" products consist of vinegar and bleach if the bath gets too bad - But then I rinse very well.  I keep it simple coz he already has ezcema.

Yay, for the weightloss - are you exercising too or just diet at this stage?  Diet is 80% anyway, which is a buggar coz I LOVE my food.

I am doing apple and pear chutney for Xmas pressies this year.  Gonna do a big batch and give them out to teachers and aunts and friends and stuff.

Good luck Sharon - you'll be fine - it is definitely work that suits you.

#60 littleman

Posted 27 November 2010 - 07:20 PM

Hi girls,
Louise well done on the weightless. I must say the scales aren't moving a lot for me but my clothes are hanging of me, well some, I am up to 3.2 kilos now another 5 would se me reach my goal and 2-3 more after that would be fab:) sounds like you are busy.

Amanda congrats on the floor boards:)

Have done all Xmas cards, miss e Xmas class gifts as well. Probably put the tree up tomorrow and do Santa photo at David jones. Am looking for a beach house for a few days in Jan but think I may have left it a bit late:(

Better go, I really need to mop the floor!

#61 GIO

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:05 AM

Floorboards

#62 littleman

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:37 PM

cant see them...

#63 GIO

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:01 AM

Oh, it might be coz it was on Ty's profile.

Go to my profile on Facebook and you'll see the video I linked to.

Well I had a nice weigh in on Sat - down to 56.9 - I'm so happy to be in the 56s.  Just gotta plug along for another 1.9.  I can do it. I can do it. I can do it.

I have another DVD challenge for you Sharon.  It's called the Tracey Anderson Method Mat Workout.  OMG it is the hardest thing I've ever done.  It's brutal.  I keep having to stop and rest.  But the reviews I have read say it's really good at slimming down thighs and hips and arms (I don't really want slimmer arms, but would be happier with slimmer thighs and hips).

I made a big batch of apple and pear chutney and have bottled it in jam jars and popped some Xmas fabric over the top - looks so cute.  

How was work?

Ty cut my hair last night.  It is now shoulder length. Ooops.  Anyway, it feels really, really healthy.

#64 GIO

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:52 PM

Arrgghhhh - My FIL.

He was having dialysis the other night and his blood pressure goes over 240 coz he'd forgotten to have some tablets.  So the nurses say "We're just gonna whisk you over to A&E"

He replies "Thanks, but I feel like I'm gonna die.  I'll just catch a cab home"

So he went home!!!

Must have had a shock when he woke up and realised he was still alive.  Hahaha.

#65 bears

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:13 PM

Hello original.gif

So, I think I've been blessed with a placid, easy baby! Yay!!  biggrin.gif  So far, so good. Juliette is a dream. I know she's only close to 3 weeks but Charlie was the complete opposite. Juliette basically just eats and sleeps. She's so easy to settle, just falls asleep on me after a feed and then sleeps for around 3 hours. Last night, she went to bed at 11.30pm and woke at 5am for her next feed! I can't believe it. Charlie used to sleep for 45 mins at a time....nothing more and that lasted for months and months. I think I deserve an easy one, after all the trouble we had with Charlie!!  ohmy.gif

I still can't believe we have a girl. I am still calling her 'he', 'him' and 'Charlie'! Not sure when I'll get used to saying 'her' or 'she'.

3rd c/s has been so much easier too. Probably because it was elective this time and I didn't have to endure labour beforehand. Andy has had 2 weeks off and goes back to work next week. Not sure how I will cope then. I had a trial tonight, as he was out between 3.15pm and 6.30pm and that was hard enough. Trying to juggle breastfeeding, cooking dinner for the boys and showering them etc. I'm just going to have to be more organised with my time.

What else? Breastfeeding is a pain, as it was with the boys. My nipples are so bloody sore. I had a private lactation consultant come over last week and everything seems to be going ok, just the incredibly sore nipples. I suffer from nipple vasospasm, so the pain is extremely intense at the start of each feed. Had it with both boys too but managed to keep bf until they were 15 months.

My house husband has just advised me that dinner is ready, so I must dash! There are photos on my profile page on Facebook original.gif

Hope everyone is well. xx

#66 Pam*B

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:32 AM

Howdy.

Welcome back Claire, so great to hear you have one of those easy babies I've heard rumours of! I hope she keeps it up, but it all sounds promising, given she's already 3 weeks. Usually the naughty ones start when they get home from hospital. (except Jed, who started on the first night lol). So did the vasospasm go away when you bf the boys or did you have to endure it for 15 months?

oomg2.gif Amanda at your fil! Did Ty go off at him? I'm really surprised the hospital let him leave. He must have really put up a fight to go home.

Can't find the vid link Amanda.

So you would all know by now I launched the website this week, and the fb page. I was head down bum up for most of this week, working into the wee hours and feeling all of my 40 years because of it. But I've been running on adrenaline I think, it's been so exciting for me. Even the FB page, I get so excited when I see a new 'liker' lol. I have to physically stop myself from checking every 5 mins or I get nothing else done! Oh and I got this comment from a complete stranger yesterday saying lovely things and I was so chuffed I didn't know what to say. Plus I've got a bunch of "likers" I've never heard of so that's really cool too.

Anyway, enuf about me.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAINEY

We forgot you know.  sad.gif

#67 littleman

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:00 PM

hi

amanda omg at fil, hope all is okay. Yep send teh dvd on over lol. And a big well done on the weightloss, me still going, up to 3.7, its such a hard slog, realistically i would liek to lose 5 more kilos:)

claire - glad you got a good one, mine werent bad as bbaies but terrors as kids:(

Pam - congrtas on the webiste, i must get in for a proper look:)

me feel knackered lately, yet staying up way too late:( not sure whats goiing on there. The wetaher here has been terribel too, relaly humid, doesnt agree with me at all, been trygin to drink water with lemon in it:)

okay better go..busy week ahaead:(

#68 GIO

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:20 PM

Claire - Oh, you sound so happy, I'm so pleased for you.  And yes, you are certainly due a good sleeper after all the dramas with Charlie.  So what do the boys think of their sister?

Pam - I have a photo of the floorboards on Facebook for you.

Oh, FIL - Yeah, Ty told him that he doesn't want to find him a week later coz he'll smell and that's just disgusting to do that to him.  So go die in a hospital would ya!

Sharon - I will send it when I get my new computer back (I broke it)  Seriously, I think I'm a serial computer breaker.  I've had 5 in 18 months.

Well I'm getting an au pair.  We are in the process of getting a caravan to home her in (cheapest spare room we could work out) and then I'm gonna advertise for one.  Oh, my life will be so easy.  Well maybe not easy, but definitely easier.

#69 GIO

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:59 PM

Hey Lainey

Happy Hannukka

I found this card for you.

I like this one too:

#70 lostmyid

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:39 PM

I love them Amanda..I'm sure Elaine will too!

#71 Pam*B

Posted 06 December 2010 - 07:43 PM

roll2.gif

Those cards are awesomely funny.

and I'm happy to say, I wished Lainey a happy hanukkah today, for the first time in 6 years I remembered to say it all by myself and not because Amanda remembered. I had to google to find out when it was though. blush.gif

Speaking of santa, Jed wanted a santa photo, I haven't done one for years because Eve lost interest and Jed was too frightened of santa. So off we go, and we get them instantly now. And OMG it was the crappiest santa photo I've ever seen. Bad composition, bad (artificial) lighting, bad focus, and bad bad bad printing (Jed's skin is apricot). And don't laugh it's not because I know what I'm looking at. Seriously the photos I've had taken in previous years were good by santa photo standards. This one was just baaaad. Can't believe I paid $24 for it. Though Jed loves it and loved meeting santa and has been talking about it excitedly all afternoon/evening so I guess it was money well spent.

Edited by Pam*B, 06 December 2010 - 07:44 PM.

#72 Pam*B

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:25 PM

Forgot to say that's really cool about the au pair Amanda. From OS?

#73 GIO

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:13 PM

Yes, I assume an au pair would come from abroad.  Isn't the idea that you bring them into your home and they get to learn/practice English in exchange for help with housework and children.  Anyway, I see on Gumtree that some Aussies are advertising themselves as au pairs, so maybe it doesn't mean the same thing anymore.

We are painting our kitchen cupboards.  We are due a kitchen reno but we'll do that when we get the third bedroom put on (in about 2020 Hahaha) so I just want the cupboards updated in the meantime.

Oh, I am looking forward to Xmas photos this year.  This will be the first time with all four of them, and maybe the one and only time that all of them believe in Santa.  I never though I would be the "doing the Santa thing" type of parent, but I am really enjoying the magic of it all.

#74 Pam*B

Posted 07 December 2010 - 06:48 AM

This won't be your last year, not even close. Lydia will probably believe for at least another 3 years. Eve believed last year, this year she's unsure but erring on the side of caution, ie. if you don't believe, you don't receive, at least that's what she thinks happens once you own up lol.

#75 LouiseT

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:56 PM

Marty told me he figured out Santa isn't real because hé couln't be everywhere.  Imogen stil believes though. Ugh I mean Matty, stupid autocorrect.

All kids sick, started with Matthew on Thursday with headaches, high temps, and took them all to GP yesterday.  Imogen has an ear infection now.  Over it!    Paul will be away tomorrow until Saturday, yay, not.  It has been raining for a week too, so we all have cabin fever.

Edited by LouiseT, 08 December 2010 - 02:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.