Bald spot on back of head - when will it go away?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Chaton

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:27 AM

My happy little guy has a bald spot on the back of his head where the hair has rubbed off, he's had it for months and months now.  Its not flat, the Dr is not worried but just wondering when it will go away.  My friends bub who is 10 weeks older had her hair grow back long ago.  He had darkish hair so its very obvious lol

He sits most the time now rather than playing on his back, and he spends time on his tummy too, but at night he sleeps 10 hours and does tend to move his head around a bit in his sleep from one side to the other which can't help!

For those who had bubs with bald spots - when did it grow back?

#2 hermeandsoon2b

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:29 AM

Sorry Chaton, no answer from me as my son is only 15 weeks and sporting an impressive bald spot, so I was hoping there were some encouraging responses.

Sometimes when we lift him out of his bed there is so much hair it looks like a cat has been sleeping there original.gif.

#3 Foofa

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:34 AM

My DD's bald spot started to cover up at about 6 1/2 months. Now at almost 8 months you wouldn't even know she had one, but she also only has fine wispy fair hair so it didn't have to grow much to look like the rest.

#4 *~*ME*~*

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:44 AM

around 7 months his hair grew back in the bald spot

#5 Chaton

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:46 AM

DS didn't get the bald spot until he was about 4 months old.  He's now nearing 8 months...

#6 MuchLove

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:03 AM

DD2 (10 1/2 months) started rolling over to sleep on her tummy about a month ago & hers is growing back really quickly now.

#7 Helena Handbasket

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:10 AM

With DD1 I taped a satin pillow case to her fitted bedsheet (I taped it down so it wasn't a SIDS risk ie, couldn't  cover her face in any way) less friction means less hair loss. DD1 didn't have a bald spot at all.

#8 Alina0210

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:20 AM

My kids have dark hair and born with lots... It usually starts to look better when they start to crawl and then at about 8-9mths its filled in again...

#9 maeby

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:44 AM

my baby is super-blonde and doesn't have much hair in general, but her bald spot is starting to look like it's growing a bit of stubble.  she's almost 7 months.

#10 Gone-Country

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:07 AM

Thomas is 9 months and he is still pretty bald on the back. It is just starting to grow now.

#11 SadieMae

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:27 PM

My 7 month old DS still has a massive bald spot at the back. There is a little bit of stubble starting to close in at the edges though so maybe it's about to grow back.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.