October 08 Parents # 64

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
104 replies to this topic

#26 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:00 PM

Mel - yeah, Annika is a nurse also. Glad I could help a bit, hope it reassured you somewhat.

Nice to log on here and see a few people posting and a few people reading.

I just had to go pick up N from daycare... temp and she had been crying since she woke from her nap. She was whingey on the way home but ok. Walk through the door and she promptly spewed everywhere. Fastforward now an hour and she is right as rain. Sometimes you just got to chuck, dont you? LOL She is eating, has had a drink and took some panadol. Currently dancing to a song on tv. Kids huh.

BBL

Sharna

#27 meeskamouska

Posted 04 November 2010 - 07:58 PM

I'm around but I'm over my internet usage & have been dropped back to dial up speed..... gotta love that!! NOT. Its karma for downloading too many movies...LOL. Anyway, phoned bigpond today & upped my plan to 100gb....kekekeke....that I do love...rofl.

So jealous of all the work/study talk. Its so hard with Paul working away for me to do much in that way. Also where we live is difficult too. Probably sounds like an excuse but its not. I'd love to be able to go back to work...bliss. I really miss the independance I had before Bella and Charlee came along.

Thinking I need some sort of blockout for the windows too. Charlee has been waking with the sparrows as well. Sometimes she settles back to sleep but the trouble is she wakes me by calling out then I can't get back to sleep. I dream of the day my kids don't wake me of a morning...LOL.

Night girls.

#28 themelster

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:52 PM

Oh no sharna, that happened with Tom a few weeks back. He was right by morning though.

Annika - how come you stopped nursing?  Mainly the hours?  What kind of nursing did you do?

Nat - I can't wait for the day Tom can get himself breakfast and put the teli on. Or at least until the day he's old enough to understand "no waking mummy before 6am"!

#29 Small Potatoes

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:26 AM

Sharna Glad she is feeling better.  Olly did the same a couple of weeks ago minus the spew.

Mel Will had started getting up at 5am despite the alfoil on his windows, so I just took him back to bed one morning and came in 20 mins later and he was sobbing on his bed (he thought he was in trouble)  sad.gif .  Anyways it worked for him as he doesn't get out of his room now unless he hears us up, so 3 mornings in a row I have slept until 6 am.

Annika Love the sig of Bryce soooo cute.  Yay on you being back in here posting.  We missed you, but dont' feel you have to be in here all the time if you aren't up to it.  Pity we don't all live nice and close to each other so we could help each other if needed, and of course catch up more.   Also I am 13 weeks, so plenty of time.

Well I council approval has come through in theory.  The builder has verbal approval that the letter has been sent to the certifier but the certifier hasn't received it.  We have paid our deposit and have finance approval so should finger cross be going to site in two weeks  ddance.gif .

I made Mr O a green dot minkee nappy with the hungry caterpillar spots across the top and it is his favourite.  He always wants to wear it, so I am going to make a few extra boosters so I can change them if he has just wee'd.

#30 meeskamouska

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:50 AM

Mands - that nappy sounds devine. Good idea with the boosters.

Sharna - hows Nadia this morning. Did she go ok thru the night? Hope u didn't have a disastrous one.

Annika - What would u do with Bryce if u went back to work? Can he go to DC? Love the new sig too.

Got an 18th to go to this weekend. Hilarious, that was 20 years ago for me. 21 actually.

#31 themelster

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:05 PM

Nat - i totally forgot to answer your question about Tom being in a bed. Yes, we have that bar thing and it annoys me too. When the in-laws leave, we're going to buy him a proper single bed.

#32 bec8112

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:17 PM

Just a quick one, we made a last minute decision to go camping so on our way now. Be back tomorrow night :-)

#33 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:56 PM

Have fun Bec! Lets us know how it goes with the two kids. Dan and I go camping alot but havent been with Aidan yet. Where are you going?

Pretty boring home weekend for us. House and garden work today. BBQ with the neighbours tonight.

Off to Ikea tomorrow for breakfast to 'eat your discount' LOL Whatever you spend in the restaurant you can spend on IKEA stuff. Pretty good deal really.

Have a great weekend everyone

Sharna

#34 meeskamouska

Posted 06 November 2010 - 04:53 PM

Sharna - thats a fabulous deal with ikea. Brekky & a treat for the house.

I've done 4 peoples hair the last few days. The money is good but a bit over looking after charlee & trying to do hair.
Got an 18th tonight. They asked me to do the birthday cake. I've never done acake that big. They have 150 people going!!! Anyway, ended up ordering a slab cake from the bakery & decorating it myself. I'll never say yes to that again. Its been a big pita.
Looking forward to a feed though. They're having a pig on the spit....delish!!
Kids are sending me loopy already this weekend...... lol. I sound a bit whiney whiney hey!! I am.

Hope the camping goes well Bec.

Forgot to say I got 2 new chooks this morning. 2 lovely big plumpy black girls. They laid an egg on the way home. How cool was that!

#35 1kathryn

Posted 06 November 2010 - 09:18 PM

Hey guys,

So sorry I've been so slack keeping up to date with you all. sad.gif  Been hectic around here with Tafe and work.  Tafe is wonderful learning bucket loads!!!
Have some exciting news.  I'm pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Four weeks so very early stages.  Feeling tired and nausea's most of the time.  Going for my obstetrician appointment on Thursday 25th Nov, having a scan too so very excited. biggrin.gif

Hope everyone is well. original.gif

#36 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 06 November 2010 - 11:07 PM

Oh CONGRATULATIONS Kathryn! Such wonderful news. I remember you and AmyO talking about your PCOS and wondering about falling pg again. Hope the tiredness and nausea dont bother you too much. How is the study going?

Bed time for me

Sharna

#37 meeskamouska

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:23 AM

How wonderful for u Kathryn. I'm so very happy for u.
What r u doing at tafe??

Had a good night last night & a sleepin. Only just got up & the clock is in the 8th hour. Yay!!

I got a b**chy reply in a soap forum. Why do people have to b like that. I'd never in my life give someone negative advice on a forum. Its nothing major but it just ticks me is all. I was brought up if u can't say anything nice don't say anything at all....

So looking forward to my home day today. Gardening & cleaning up then I might soap something up. I got some new oils delivered yesterday so I'm ready to go. I've been waiting for my GF to come home from the coast for 2 weeks. Its been torture waiting...LOL. She picked them up for me.

Whats everyone up top today.

Edited by meeskamouska, 07 November 2010 - 08:24 AM.

#38 1kathryn

Posted 07 November 2010 - 03:43 PM

Thanks Nat and Sharna for the congratulations. original.gif

Nat- I'm studying Cert 3 in Fitness.  I'll be a group fitness instructor when I finish. original.gif  Some people are just so rude!!!!  Hope you didn't get too upset.

Sharna- Hope the tiredness and nausea don't last long either.  Study is going really well.  All very interesting stuff but so much to do over such a short period.

#39 bec8112

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:49 PM

Congratulations Kathryn, that is so great  biggrin.gif

We survived the camping night, will be back in tomorrow as I am off to bed now. So tired.

#40 Small Potatoes

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:37 AM

Kathryn Congratullations to you and your family.

Bec Glad all went well with camping

#41 themelster

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:15 PM

Kathryn - congrats!  Great news!  Cool that you are studying.  How long will the course take you?

Bec - We are taking Tom camping at the end of this month.  Up to Inskip.  I'm really looking forward to it.

Nat - how did the birthday party go?  Was your cake a success?  Was the b*tchy remark putting down your soap?  I don't know why people feel the need to say things that aren't nice.  A lot of the time it is to boost themselves up.

Mands - how are you feeling?  Morning sickness all gone?  Did you take the boys to seaworld today?

I found out a couple of days ago that one of my girlfriends who has been trying for years with IVF to have baby #2 is pregant.  She has had such a rough time of things with multiple miscarriages and failed IVF.  They gave up IVF and fell naturally and she is 9 weeks.  I pray for her that it is sticky.

I'm still waiting on the results from my STAT exam.  Hopefully I will have them tomorrow.  The QTAC websit says they have them so they should post them today.  I am so anxious about getting into Uni.  I don't know what I will do if I am unsuccessful.

Got a cold here too.  Blah.  I think I need to do something to sort out my immune system.  It must be comprimised (and Tom's) for us to keep catching colds.

#42 bec8112

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:35 PM

Mel - I think you will be fine getting into uni, your a very smart chicky  biggrin.gif   You will have a great time camping with Tom, Ethan loved it.  Hope you get over the cold quickly.

nat - that is terrible about the reply in the soap forum, sometimes I think people are rude on forums as they cannot be rude IRL if that makes sense.

Sharna - camping with 2 kids was hard but it is do-able.  We bought Ethan a single stretcher type bed and he was really good in it.  Hannah was in the P&T travel cot and both slept really well.  I did let both of them fall asleep in my arms by the fire and then we moved them into bed  wacko.gif We went out to Landcruiser Mountain Park which is at Jimna ( out in the bush ), it was Mud Bulls and Music out there so there were ALOT of people but we stayed out of everyones way and just relaxed at camp and did some 4x4ing.  Was a good night away so we will be doing alot more camping trips soon I hope.  I would love to buy a camper trailer but the one Dave wants is around $10k  ohmy.gif

I really need to teach Hannah how to roll back from her tummy as she gets stuck and gets so frustrated!  

Ethan is at daycare today so enjoying the quiet house ( except when Hannah is whinging  tongue.gif ).  

Mands - Have you decided if you are finding out the sex of bub yet?  I have some small ittis I am going to sell so thought I would see if your interested in them ( pink, red and brown ), I found them in Hannah's wardrobe and they were only used about 2 times each as she grew way too fast!

Got to go and finish the washing before Hannah is awake again.

#43 meeskamouska

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:41 PM

Mel - have u thought about a multi vitamin. Ever since my girls had a run of sickness I started them on a multi vit. It says ages 3 & over but I just give CR 1/2 tablet. They haven't been sick since. They r childrens ones of course. Hope u hear from uni soon. You'll get in.... how could they not want u!!

Bec - camping sounded good. How great would that camper trailer b!!

Saop forum - no one knocked my soap... I just asked a dumb question & a girl was on my case...LOL.

Finally getting my house into order. I feel good about it. I'vebeen going thru everything. Sorting out all the crap. I've got my family coming for xmas so I don't want to look like a slob. Who cares though seriously, if someone wants to judge u by how clean your house is they need to get a life.
Also cleaned out my turtle tank today. Nice & clean for my turts.

#44 themelster

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:15 PM

Funny you should say that Nat - first thing I did was go and get us both multiple-vits this morning!

#45 Small Potatoes

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:41 PM

Mel Get a good probiotic.  i find when I don't take it I tend to get sicker than when I am taking it.

#46 1kathryn

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:37 PM

Hey all,

Caught up with some friends this arvo which was nice.  Except Cameron was a lil terror and cover my friend in chocolate milk, grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!  Went to the gym and did a step class.  My heart rate didn't get too high which was a relief. original.gif

Nat- Good luck with getting your place organised for Christmas.  Bet the time will just fly by!!!

Bec- Hope you enjoyed your quiet day. original.gif

Mel- Thanks Mel.  My course finishes the end of November so quite short but very intense.  That's great news for your friend I hope its sticky!!

Mands and Bec thanks for the congrats. original.gif

Bec- Wonderful you survived camping!!  Did you all have fun?

Hope everyone else is well

#47 themelster

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:17 PM

Hey Mands, what probiotic do you use?

#48 bec8112

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:43 PM

Mel - I use the Inner Health Plus Kids powder for Ethan on occasion when I remember.  We just put some in his water or glass of milk  biggrin.gif

#49 themelster

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:40 AM

Bec - I did try that one with Tom but it wouldn't dissolve. It just clumped up and was left in the bottom. Any tips?

#50 meeskamouska

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:55 AM

Morning Girls.

Mel - forgot to say yesterday...how wonderful for yourfriend falling pregnant. Bella was an IVF/ICSI baby. We did concieve thru the ivf after quiet a few round then fell naturally with Charlee. They must b so thrilled. Its a terrible thing to have the choice taken away from u as to weather or not u want children. I already had Josh when I met Paul, the problems are on Pauls side. We take no risks now after having Charlee as clearly he's not as infertile as the Dr's think.

I know this is such a small thing but I slept thru the night. Me. I woke up this morning & felt amazing!! I was like...oh....so thats what it feels like to sleep thru. LOL.

I'm making my own laundry washing liquid ATM. It takes 3 days to cure before u can use it. Hope it works out. Cheap & chemical free...yay!!

Sharna - how r u Babe???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.