October 08 Parents # 64

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
104 replies to this topic

#51 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:11 AM

Nat - here! LOL I should have time today to contribute a decent post. Home day with the two kiddies I think. Will be interested in your washing powder recipe.

BBL

Sharna

#52 bec8112

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:13 AM

Mel - I am not sure what we are doing differently but I just sprinkle it on the liquid and shake it up in the water bottle of mix with a spoon in the cup.  I think you can add it to food aswell. Can you try adding it to cereal or maybe a fruit puree? I know I did a fruit puree when Ethan was sick and not eating much.

Nat - Yeah on sleeping through the night, bet you feel amazing today  smile1.gif   Your laundry washing liquid sounds great too, I wish you were close and I would come and test some of everything.  I wish I had the time and ability to do something like that.

Oh Hannah awake so better go, might BBL.

#53 meeskamouska

Posted 09 November 2010 - 10:38 AM

The laundry liquid thing is really easy to do. It takes 3 days to cure properly so I'll test it out & if it works ok I'll give u the recipe. No use all of use have a bucket full of unusable gloop in the laundry. LOL.
It actually looks a bit thicker, I just went & whisked it up. I thought at one stage there it might not work.
U can also do a laundry powder too thats a bit easier. I'll b giving that a go too.

Bec - I haven't been to Morayfield for ages but next time I come over I'll have to work in some time to come visit. Even if its just for coffee. Have u gotten your sewing machine out yet???

Thinking I might sew CR a few nighties for summer. I know they're cheap enough to buy but I've got mobs of fabric there so may as well make them.

Sharna - no pressure for massive posts I was just thinking of u as u haven't been in since Nadia had the spews. I know we all just busy with family day to day etc.

#54 bec8112

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:09 PM

Oh Nat a visit/coffee sometime would be great  biggrin.gif   Yeah I have sewed applique on 3 singlets so far. I like it but think I need alot of practice.  I am wanting to try some shorts for Ethan and maybe some for Hannah too but I am not sure where to start! ha ha ha

Hi Sharna - we must have posted at the same time this morning.

#55 Fabulous

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:17 PM

WooHoo I'm finally back on line. We got bigpond cable installed today. Our previous provider was AAPT but they can't provide internet here so I had to find somebody new. I have had a horrendous experience with AAPT. Their call centre is obviously overseas and everytime I ring them it's as if I'm speaking a different language to them. For example I speak to a guy and arrange to cancel my entire package including my mobile and then 1 week later it's still working so I call them up and they have no record of the arrangement. It happend about 4 times with different issues.

Kathryn- big big congrats. Had you been trying long?

#56 themelster

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:23 PM

Hey Ros - nice to have you back!  I bet you missed us  biggrin.gif

Just popping in to say I got the result of my STAT test today.  I'm not sure how they work it but basicallly you end up with a result between 100 and 200 and that converts to a ranking for admission to Uni.  I won't find out my ranking until the final round offers mid December but my score was 166.  81% of the test correct.  It's not bad, but I was hoping for higher.  I just hope it is high enough to get me into Nursing.  Fingers crossed.

#57 bec8112

Posted 09 November 2010 - 05:11 PM

Welcome back Ros - nice to see you again. Cannot wait to hear how life is going over there. Grrrrr at AAPT, how annoying!

Mel - that is great. I think that 81% is great.  I am sure that will be high enough to get into nursing.

AFM - I went and looked at exercise equipment today and I have chosen a X-trainer.  I am going to go and buy it very soon. I think that is going to be the easiest way for me to get back into shape, work out while the kids are asleep.

#58 Small Potatoes

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:08 PM

Mel tghat is awesome.

Bec I could probably get the ittis cheaper wholesale than you are prepared to sell.

AFM we should get our written approval anyh day now.  DH is going to work (I use the term work loosely) as he is passengering to Singapore, operating to london and passengering home. Lazy buggar but will get us about $3K

better run Olly has done a poo and is cracking it

#59 bec8112

Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:11 PM

No worries mands. How cheap can you get ittis?
That is awesome about DH going to work, I wish Dave could make that much money in such a short time!

#60 bec8112

Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:15 PM

Sharna - have you done or are you still doing the fabric order from the us?

#61 1kathryn

Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:57 PM

Hey,

Very draining day at work.  Think I should have gone home sick.  Felt very nausea's and light headed. sad.gif  Tafe was very tiresome tonight so glad to be home. original.gif

Mands- You've probably answered this question several times but what does your DH do?

Bec- Hope you find the perfect x trainer for yourself and get heaps of us out of it!

Mel- Good luck with getting into your Uni course. original.gif

Ceres- Thanks. biggrin.gif  Nope trying for four months so a lot quicker this time than with Cameron. original.gif

Nat- Wow your so talented!!!  Can't believe your dabling in making laundry liquid good for you. original.gif  Bet the nighties will look sensational. original.gif Yay on a full night sleep. original.gif

#62 Small Potatoes

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:29 AM

kathrynDH is a pilot.  Hope your nausea eases up soon.

Sharna I will be in the fabric order too.

Edited by MistersWandO, 10 November 2010 - 07:31 AM.

#63 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:08 AM

Bec/Mands - definately yes with the fabric. Do you guys have a fave fabric site... otherwise we will narrow it down and choose one today. Then we can peruse it over the weekend.

Gotta dash, swimming lessons today and Kristi and I do laps before the kids have their lesson. Luckily this sports centre has a creche attached to the gym so all the kids can stay there while we swim.

Sharna

#64 bec8112

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:39 AM

Little Cherubs Heirloom

This is one I have looked at and it seems good.

Edited by bec8112, 10 November 2010 - 09:40 AM.

#65 meeskamouska

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:37 AM

Owwww... they have some lovely fabric. Check out the Dr Suess....how cool is that fabric!!!!

#66 Fabulous

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:52 AM

Ooh I'm loving the Dr Seuss. Just thought I would recommend one of my fave fabric stores to you guys. http://www.fabricshack.com/cgi-bin/Store/store.cgi. I have such a huge fabric stash, quite ridiculous really. Also Fabric Depot http://www.fabricdepot.com/index.php?page=...ge&pageid=9, I have used these guys a few times as well, they are the cheapest I have seen with their 'permanent' 25% off although they don't have as big a range as some of the other stores.

Edited by ceres, 10 November 2010 - 10:58 AM.

#67 ~Annika~

Posted 10 November 2010 - 02:02 PM

Mel I just saw your post now, and I think you'll be fine with getting into nursing! I reckon you will be a great nurse!!

Ros That's great you got bigpond and now can be more efficient online! Makes a huge difference hey!

Sharna How fantastic that you have someone to exersice with and good on you for doing the swimming, great that you have the creche option too! We have one at the local pool too, but I don't think to go and use it. I don't have an exersice partner either so it's tough getting motivated, but I can just keep making excuses though hey and never get back into shape as a result, lol!

Quiet day at home today. Very gray rainy day over here, so both boys are inside watching ABC 2 for Kids. Waiting for DH to get home for lunch. Mum was supposed to come visit us today but she had to work instead. Have to get some craft ready for Playgroup tomorrow as it's my turn to organize it.

Take care all! BBL

Edited by ~Annika~, 10 November 2010 - 02:13 PM.

#68 themelster

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:58 PM

Just got my official STAT test results in the mail.  I got 99th percentile (so top 1%) for verbal and.... wait for it... 48th percentile for Quantitive!  LOL.  I am a verbal genius and a mathamatical dummy!  LOL.  I always knew I was rubbish at Maths but didn't think I would do that poorly!  Thankfully that still gave me a 166 overall which equates to a ranking of 83.  Hopefully enough to get me into Nursing at QUT.  It was 77 last year so hopefully it doesn't go up too much.

#69 Small Potatoes

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:04 PM

Mel I would be the opposite, I suck at verbal and am good at maths laughing2.gif

#70 themelster

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:16 PM

Mands, my hubby is the same.  He sat the STAT test a few years back and although he did better at verbal than I did at quatitive, he was still much better at Quantitive.  Funny isn't it.

#71 meeskamouska

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:25 PM

Yay Mel, I hope u get in. U should feel good about that mark... 99%.

My laundry liquid was ready today. One day early. It made about 5litres in total of creamy laundry liquid. Though its more of a cream/yoghurt consistency.. Its working brilliantly in my front loader. Low to no sudsing. I can only imagine the cost savings doing such a thing. Smells good too. I put in eucalyptus oil.

Taking Bella to the Dr tonight. She has an infected toe. Poor thing. Nothing major but causingher a bit of pain.

ooops...low battery.

#72 bec8112

Posted 11 November 2010 - 10:05 PM

Nat - how is Bella's toe?

#73 meeskamouska

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:13 AM

Bellas toe is starting to heal. Dr said there is infection in the tissue so put her on AB's. So didn't want her on them but what do u do. Only that the girls had such a terrible run of sickness & were on AB's endlessly. I really feel it compromises their immunity.

I can't sleep. Shocker. Its 4am!! ohmy.gif

#74 bec8112

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:49 AM

Nat - yeah it's hard when you don't want to give AB's but that's what the docs suggest. What do you do???? Did you end up getting some more sleep??? Hannah woke up at 5.45am, grrrrr! Not too early but earlier than her normal 6.30 or 7am.

Got a friend coming over this morning with her 15 month boy, I have not seen her in a few years so will be weird and nice at the same time I think.

Hi to everyone :-)

#75 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:39 AM

Morning waves.gif

I too was up at 5am with Aidan but I managed to get him to have a feed and then self settle back to sleep! He is still sleeping now. He was so awake and I got sick of patting him after 5mins so I just left him. He snorted and huffed and whinged for a few minutes and then... silence. Woohoo! He has self settled for quite a few day naps now as I just wrap him and rock for a few mins then put him in the bed awake. I have to do this as usually Nadia is tearing up the house the minute my back is turned.. LOL

Bec/Mands - will get back with a fabric place today as Krisit has the day off and we have a chance to check out some things online.

Nat - AB's are a necessary evil sometimes. I have seen the problems AB resistance causes and have cared for people with bacterial infections that are almost impossible to treat... If you trust your GP to prescribe them correctly when needed then dont beat yourself up about having to use them. As a kid I used to get tonsilitis practically monthly and was on soooooo much Amoxil it wasnt funny. Anyone else remember those yellow horse tablets? This was during a decade where the current advice was to leave the tonsils in. It was horrid.

Hi Mel, I see you there.

Gotta run, looking after Kristi's kid this morning while she goes for her ahem, ladies check up at the docs. Reminds me I am soooooooooooooooo overdue for one. Anyone else wanna own up to needing one?

Opps, they are all here now. Mum of 5, check me out original.gif

Sharna

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.