September 05 Parents #400

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
76 replies to this topic

#26 bellemae

Posted 15 November 2010 - 06:52 PM

Thanks Kay - I doubted myself, but then I often do...They were so excited that I accepted the job, they REALLY wanted me  blush.gif

#27 Kay1

Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:08 PM

Well of course they did!!!!!!!

Natural enough to doubt yourself but you'll be awesome. original.gif

#28 bellemae

Posted 18 November 2010 - 04:10 PM

Strange afternoon. Met the boys off the school bus, they both seemed flat. Asked Tien if he was ok "I'm cold and I feel sick"...asked Kai "I'm tired and want to go to bed". Got them home, they both put on jumpers (it's not cold here), Kai snuggled into bed, Tien had a lemon and honey tea and snuggled into bed too...by 4.30 both boys were fast asleep. Poor sick little things. sad.gif

My Job - Now I'm just excited, feeling much less nervous now. Start work on 29th Nov. The job is in IT (technical support/web development) for Wicked Weasel - they make risque swimwear and underwear for women. They seem like a lovely group of people. Spent yesterday trying to find some summer work appropriate clothing, I've got nothing, couldn't find anything I liked. Just spoke to my boss, asked about dress code etc, she just laughed and said 'you can wear whatever you feel comfortable in (just no open toed shoes - OH&S)' YAY. Don't have to find & wear officey clothing, it's just not me. biggrin.gif

#29 Kay1

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:21 PM

Sounds great Belle! original.gif Wow - that swimwear is really something!  oomg.gif biggrin.gif

#30 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:07 PM

How did I miss this - Awesome news Belle!  tthumbs.gif

#31 Kay1

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:20 PM

Lynny how did Damian go today? Did you end up deciding on the school your neighbour is sending her kids to or the other one?

#32 Starbuck

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:45 PM

It would seem highly inappropriate Belle for you to have to wear officey type clothing.  oomg.gif at the swimmers laughing2.gif

#33 bellemae

Posted 18 November 2010 - 08:05 PM

Mmmm, shall be an interesting place to work - NOTHING like my last job at a financial services company! I think a lot of fun! I was a little  ohmy.gif  when I first checked out their website too, but once I got past the  oomg.gif I realised there were a few of the not-so-skimpy pieces that I quite like...and as for the skimpy ones, well, each to their own  happy.gif

I'm feeling excited reading about all your littlens going to orientation, they're all growing up so fast aren't they!!

Edited by bellemae, 18 November 2010 - 08:05 PM.

#34 Kay1

Posted 18 November 2010 - 08:28 PM

Absolutely Belle! Much more fun than financial services. yyawn.gif laughing2.gif It sounds great. original.gif

#35 Starbuck

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:24 AM

Well, I got through my exam!  ddance.gif I think I did ok. I wsa thrown at the beginning but managed to keep it together. My next thing to get through is a job interview. I haven't had an interview for 9 years so  ffear.gif I would really love this job, but on the other hand if I don't get it I have still got my uni stuff and the state election coming up. I am working (voluntarily, pretty much every local party member is) on The Greens campaign for this seat. Not that we have a chance of winning, also we don't yet have a candidate...I was asked, but I think I would rather stay behind the scenes  laughing2.gif So I have things to continue with. Still, it would be a nice ego boost if I got it and could manage it (with all my health crap). The interview is on Thursday morning. I may have to post outfits on here or facebook as DH is in Syd.

Did I mention he got a job in Syd?? It's 2 days at the Dept of Transport in Parra. Really good money, so the other three days he will finish his PhD. (I hope  hands.gif ) Also means an in for when he finishes, having had experience at this level which he is vastly overqualified for, but it is hard to just enter into a high level, even if you have lots of quals, so having worked there will help. Which would help if we have to move to Syd in terms of actually being able to afford housing!!

I can't believe our Septemberries are going to school!!!! Our school had a ten week transition program 2 hours on a Wed which was good. She is all excited about catching the bus. I told her we would drive her until she felt ready (plus they have shorter days for the first two weeks) and she waiting a minute then said "I ready now".  laughing2.gif We are still waiting to find out how many aide hours she gets at the beginning to help with her medication with food.

Belle
Have you started your new job yet? Is it full time or part time??

Kay Is Nate better?

Happy Birthday to Emily!!
I hope she has a great day Lynny.

#36 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:46 AM

sorry didnt get any notifications again rant.gif

Kay - Damo loved it, he complained all the way home how he wished it was longer happy.gif  He's got a morning session to go to on friday - I'm going to be down to one kid for a whole hour and a half! biggrin.gif woohoo!  Hope Nate is feeling better by now sad.gif

Kirsten - yay at the job and finishing exams! tthumbs.gif

thanks for all the b/day wishes - so many on FB I can't keep up lol

I can't believe Emmy is 3!  No matter how old she is she'll always be my baby for some reason wub.gif

Belle - lol at the kids and graffiti in toilets!  and  oomg.gif at the link - I'd give both my feet to look like those girls!  cry1.gif

Ive got to run sorry - inlaws are over tonight.. and I want to do some xmas shopping - I am so organised this year, loving it - makes me feel a lot less stressed out..  still fretting over pleasing the inlaws though - no matter what you buy or how much you spend they never seem happy glare.gif

wub.gif waves.gif to you all!

#37 bellemae

Posted 23 November 2010 - 11:57 AM

Haven't started work yet, I start next Monday. It's full time, well, they said initially it may be 4 days, then moving up to 5...but, possibly 5 for the first few weeks while the person I'm taking over from shows me the ropes...not sure yet. I'm happy with either, 5 days would be a nice extra cash boost, 4 would still put us better than we are now, and I'd have Fridays off...all good biggrin.gif

Kirsten So glad to hear the exam went well original.gif Sorry if you've already said this, but what is the job you're going for? Stevens job sounds great, fabulous news!

Lynny Way to go being so organised with the xmas shopping. We've managed to get almost everything for the boys already, but I haven't done any extended family shopping yet....Matt may have to do it once I've started work.  happy.gif  Oh , HAPPY BIRTHDAY to little Emily!! -can't believe she's 3 already!!

Edited by bellemae, 23 November 2010 - 11:57 AM.

#38 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:00 PM

Thanks Belle!

I meant to ask - whats everyone getting their kids this year for xmas?  I can think of a million and one things to get Emily (I wub.gif girly toys) but I am stumped for ideas for Damian.. he loves bikes/scooters etc but he's got enough of those lying around.. I'm tired of trucks and die cast cars or car ramps/hot wheels thingies as he doesnt look after them!  He loves to build things like kinex etc but again I hate finding bolts / nuts everywhere..

#39 Kay1

Posted 23 November 2010 - 05:12 PM

Lynny - Nate is getting a slot car set and a crazy catch trainer thingo. Its like a net thing they bounce a ball against and practice catching.  He played with one at his cousins' and he loved it. He's also getting a game for his Leapster, a Wii game and a couple of books - wacko.gif oi, spoiled kid!! laughing2.gif

Well it seems there is good job news all round. original.gif DH has had a terrible time with his new job - its been possibly the worst 6 months of our lives but today he resigned. ddance.gif He's got a new job which hopefully will be WAY better. hands.gif I think it will. original.gif It will mean he'll have to travel a bit to Perth but since we thought for a while we'd have to sell up and move altogether that is fine by me!

Nate seems fine now thankfully. Such an odd thing. He had orientation today and then a playdate at a new school friend's. Such a lovely little boy and his mum is lovely too - added bonus they live directly opposite the school and she has offered her driveway as parking for me. original.gif

So all good here. I just did DH's christmas present, got garden lights and installed them in the front garden. Pretty happy with myself actually. laughing2.gif

#40 Starbuck

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:35 PM

Yay on DH's new job Kay!

I am going for a youth development officer job at council. It's 3 days a week and uses my TAFE qualifications (not that I remember much lol) it's actually the kind of thing I used to be interested in doing while I was studying. It is only a 12 month maternity position, but if I get it and enjoy it, maybe the woman will love being at home with her baby so much she resigns wink.gif

So today I have been reading the councils social plan and looking at the Youth Council stuff (which I would help coordinate, go between real council and youth council) and different youth services and gaps in town. I want to be a bit prepared  laugh.gif

Gosh A has been such a emotional thing the last couple of days (not unusual for her, but really intensely the last couple of days) Yesterday she had a complete meltdown at tennis and I had to get DH to come help get the girls home. I really do think so much is hormone related. Maybe this means that the early puberty will have all the crap stuff/moodiness/off the rails-ness while she is too young for it to go too bad (ie I become a granny at 33. wacko.gif )

For Xmas we are all getting a Wii!! eexcite.gif ddance.gif other than that I have no other presents sorted  laughing2.gif

#41 bellemae

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:35 PM

Ohh, jobs all round!!

Great news on your DH's job Kay

and the position you're going for sounds great Kirsten, you'd be fabulous! Good Luck!!

Xmas we've gone way overboard  blush.gif I Love Christmas biggrin.gif  We have bought a Wii + band hero + Wii fit (I really wanted this bit)...then, the Lego (we're a little Lego obsessed happy.gif  ) - I'm very excited! Hanging for 1st December when we will put up the tree and decorate the house!!!

...OK, now trying to decide whether I should buy a family worth of MyFun VIP Passes....unlimited entry until 30 June 2011 to Sea World, Movie World & Wet 'n Wild - Very tempting ...hmmmm, I'll sleep on it

#42 Kay1

Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:26 AM

Sounds great Kirsten. Good luck. Wow, that sounds intense about A. I hope it is 'just' the hormones and she settles down again soon.

Belle - I love Christmas too. DH got cranky with me last night for getting the kids too much stuff. I don't think I have. But I guess I really shouldn't buy Nate a new Wii game even though that's the one thing he repeatedly says he wants. The only thing he play on it atm is the Family Game night one. He's obsessed with board games and this way he can play without one of us.

Well the garden lights look great and DH was stoked. We were sending off his job acceptance last night and looked at the date and realised it was our wedding anniversary....oops. Really should try and get a babysitter for Saturday since we have two things to celebrate now!

Edited by Kay1, 24 November 2010 - 06:28 AM.

#43 bellemae

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:53 PM

HELP - I need present ideas for a 2 1/2 yr old girl - I have NO IDEA what little girls get into playing with - HELP!!!!  Please  hands.gif

#44 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:05 PM

At that age emmy started loving necklaces, stick on earrings, wrist bands, dresses, dolls..  

coloring books, anything tinkerbell, stuffed kitten..  she also recently got a tinkerbell music box / jewellery box with some cheap necklaces etc - she LOVES it

sorry just rambling..  will keep thinking!!

Edited by ~~Lynny~~, 24 November 2010 - 08:18 PM.

#45 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:18 PM

Dora doll or Dora backpack? good for sleepovers at nans or for preschool..  

DVDs - tinkerbell or something from the barbie range?  you get Barbie Tumbelina etc - girls go loopy over it..

fairy costumes - you can never have too many of them! lol

pop up books or the like?

My little pony (Emily can brush its hair for hours if u let her)

simple puzzles..

#46 bellemae

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:23 PM

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Lynny!!!!

#47 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:49 PM

lol no worries.. hope it helps you a little bit.. it's so hard buying for other peoples kids isnt it.. especially when you dont know what that age/sex likes..!  wacko.gif

oh and thats meant to be Barbie Thumbelina not Tumbelina - was typing with one hand lol

#48 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 27 November 2010 - 08:02 AM

woohoo love christmas smileys! grin.gif  

pressies..  would love to get Damian a slot car set myself but I'm umming and ahhing about it.. he's still so rough with toys.. maybe if we have a designated spot for it in his room it'll last a bit longer seeing he doenst have to dismantle it 400 times??

gotta run - dsd coming over soonish.. I have a lollipops party to take Damian to later today - 2:30 in the afternoon and I reallly dont want to go.. I'm just so over kids parties atm and tomorrow emily is having hers..  would it be in poor form if I pulled out?  I know you need x number of kids to have one of these parties but hopefully they have more than enough numbers already?? unsure.gif or maybe I can fib and say the baby didnt sleep well last night tongue.gif

#49 Kay1

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:25 AM

Can you drop him and run Lynny? Ask one of the other mums to look after him? Say you have a headache LOL. We have one tomorrow but is for one of my girlfriends' kids so it will be fun for me too.

We are getting Nate the AFX slot car set. It will be permanently set up upstairs in the playroom. He's pretty careful with things so hopefully it will survive. Teaching Leo not to touch it could be tricky, but he's not too bad either actually.

Argh, want to go out in our brief pre-cricket window but the foxtel guy is here trying to fix our foxtel and its taking AGES!!!

#50 bellemae

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:24 PM

Start work tomorrow ohmy.gif  Very nervous. Possibly would be excited too, but have a splitting headache this eve and can't get excited about anything, let alone something requiring me up and getting ready at 6.30am tomorrow...Early, early night for me, just gotta wait for the pain killers to kick in...sigh...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.