September 05 Parents #400

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
76 replies to this topic

#51 Kay1

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:28 PM

Belle - hope the meds kick in asap and you have a great night's sleep. Good luck for tomorrow. Just remember that you are awesome and everyone who meets you will adore you instantly! yyes.gif

#52 mhjemma

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:37 PM

Hopefully the drugs have kicked in and you are now fast asleep. You will be fantastic tomorrow so try not to stress. It is totally normal to be stressed and nervous about it too (probably why you have a headache!).

Wishing you all the best and looking forward to hearing all about it xoxoxoxo

#53 bellemae

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:09 PM

Thanks guys original.gif

Meds took the edge off enough to doze, hardly slept at all though. I just couldn't get comfortable (probably nervousness messing with my body), then I'd start to doze off and Kai would wake, he randomly decided he couldn't do anything without help all night - was up 3 or 4 times with him for nothing things....sigh...in good news, work was great biggrin.gif Everyone is so, so, so lovely! I felt very overwhelmed with all the new things to learn...but that's a new job for you, I'll get there, just trying not to stress myself into thinking I should know everything right away. First day down, I'm sure that's the hardest...

Sorry, a little self centred post, I'll settle into the working thing and remove myself from this bubble shortly!

#54 Kay1

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:19 PM

Great to hear everyone is nice Belle! It sounds like a great job - and yes there's always a MASSIVE learning curve with any new job. original.gif

#55 bellemae

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:02 AM

Thanks Kay original.gif At least nobody is expecting me to know it instantly, and they're all very understanding of how much I have to learn.

Argh, so exhausted! I'm not used to early starts! For school mornings we didn't previously have to be up until 7.30, now it's 6.30 every day....tired...tired...tired...

#56 Kay1

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:15 AM

Yikes Belle. That would make me tired too!

#57 mirandarine

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:42 AM

Kay- Im thinking of you and little L today. Poor little guy and poor you!! I hope you get some time out to heal yourself too. It sounds as though it would have been quite traumatic for you both.  He looks so cute with his babycino in the fb pic! Kids are pretty resilient arent they!

xxxxx bbighug.gif

#58 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:43 AM

sure I posted the other day but it's gone! rant.gif

Kay - thinking you guys! xx

#59 Kay1

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:36 PM

Thanks guys. OMG what a day yesterday was ohmy.gif . All started normally. Leo was having a tanty about going to preschool drop off and when we got there was crying for the pram. I don't usually use it but I got it out for him as he was kicking up such a fuss and as I was unfolding it he started climbing in. I was worried it would collapse on him so I quickly stamped on the latch to lock it and his finger got jammed in the join. cry1.gif I couldn't reverse what I had done as his finger was jamming the mechanism. I started screaming and told Nate to run and get a grown up. Leo was making awful noises and I looked at his finger and realised I couldn't get it out without pulling the top off it (sick.gif). Thank god I somehow managed to release the pram after about 30 seconds. His finger was white and squashed but I could see it was almost severed. I ran to the preschool and some mums took me over the road to the GP. He looked at it and said you need to go to hospital. I was crying and so upset and couldn't figure out how to get there. I asked them to call an ambulance which they did. Poor mite was hysterical and trying to grab his finger, roaring in pain and saying "No! No! No!". By the time they got us in the ambulance he lay on my chest and calmed down. We got seen pretty quickly, had x-rays  and told he needed surgery. DH met us at the hospital. After a while he left and we went up to the ward where Leo crashed watching tv and slept for a couple of hours. He was on nil by mouth and never even asked for anything! They tried about 5 times to put a cannula in and couldn't do it. So traumatic and he has bruises everywhere. Eventually they put it in his foot. He had to have fluids and antibiotics. It wasn't until 10 hours after the accident that he went to surgery. There was another child there with an almost identical injury, even the same finger and also from a pram. sad.gif We were behind him so had to wait.

DH arrived back just in time for Leo to go into surgery as I wanted him to hold him while they put him under. Leo had other ideas though so I had to do it - cry1.gif awful! Then I come out and DH looks awful and is clutching his chest so I march him to emergency and spend the next 1.5 hours waiting for news of either of them. Bloody hell, torture.

Anyway EVENTUALLY I got the call to come down to Leo. He was very disoriented and angry but ok. I couldn't stop squeezing him.  We went back to the ward and he was allowed a cup of milk and then he was much happier. He slept a bit. Meanwhile DH is having all sorts of tests done and contending with heroin addicts in emergency. He is eventually released at midnight and told its a virus. He has terrible pains in his chest, back and legs and has spent the day on the lounge. So what a sh*tty day. sad.gif Thank goodness my mum was able to pick up Nate and stay here with him.

Anyway Leo has been a total trooper, smiling and saying "tank-oo" to everyone even when they do nasty things to him. wub.gif We managed a few hours sleep last night and he is fast asleep now.  He hasn't had any pain relief since the surgery. Nate has gone home with a boy from preschool and I'll pick him up later.

Sorry for all the detail, I just really needed to unload after being alone with it all day yesterday. I keep having flashbacks and I feel SO guilty, even though I know these things happen it is the worst worst feeling when its your fault. I am not sure I can use that pram again either. sad.gif

#60 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 04 December 2010 - 07:04 AM

Kay - after reading all that I dont know if I'm supposed to cry1.gif with you or run to the toilet and sick.gif  you poor things!!  I hope your little man recovers quickly..  sad.gif

BBL - kids need feeding!

#61 ~*danielle*~

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:14 PM

oh geez Cai, you poor thing, what a horrible day that was for you.  I dont think I could use that pram again either sad.gif    I am glad that both your boys are okay and that you had the GP over the road!

*hugs to you*  (sorry, I know this was posted a few days a go)

hope L is still being a trooper and that C is okay?

#62 Kay1

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:30 AM

OMG a post from Dan!! Now I feel special! wub.gif

wub.gif you too Lynny LOL!

We are doing much better thanks. Leo had his check up on Mon and the docs said it looked good. It actually looked pretty good to me so that made me feel better. He has a bandage up beyond his elbow now and will have it on for two weeks. He's being great about it thankfully. Just have to keep it dry which is the only challenge.

DH is doing better too thanks.

#63 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:35 AM

Tounge1.gif Kay

bah I hate this weather it is SOOO muggy!  kids have got a xmas party tonight at CC - I hope we dont get rained on  wacko.gif

I'm making little baileys balls for the teachers - I am so proud of them! Tounge1.gif there are so many teachers between the two classrooms - I just can't buy them all nice choccies this year, it'll cost me a fortune!

Just about finished the xmas shopping - all the outlaws are covered except damo and emily! lol but they're easy to buy for at least..

You wont believe it but I was at Westfields yesterday..  and I noticed a baby crawling out of a phone shop.. I walked passed and no one inside the shop seemed concerned or even bothered to look in the little girls direction.. I kept an eye on her and she kept crawling for ages - still no sign of the mum rant.gif I just couldnt leave her there she wouldve gotten trampled on or pinched! So I picked her up and walked all the way back to the phone shop with Emily and my own bubs in tow.. walked into the phone shop and saw a boy tugging on his mum when he saw me.. she turned around and gave me the filthiest look as if to say WTF are you doing with my baby.. she didnt hold her arms out to take her from me or anyhing.. I told her that she's lucky she didnt get hurt and the mum said.. "uhh thanks I guess" (pulling up an eyebrow at me) what the hell!? If it was me I wouldve sounded a bit more greatful, less sh*tty and terribly embarrassed that my kid managed to escape without me noticing (or caring! glare.gif ) argh I was just so angry.. DH said I shouldve kept walking with the girl and taken her to the police station.. silly cow! rant.gif

sorry for rambling.. just bored and keeping the thread going wink.gif Tounge1.gif

gotta run and get some lunch for the boys

Hope everyones keeping well!  especially all the sick and injured bubbas! hhugs.gif

Edited by ~~Lynny~~, 10 December 2010 - 11:36 AM.

#64 bellemae

Posted 10 December 2010 - 01:03 PM

Here, I'll give you a hand (keeping the thread going original.gif ) - Sorry I've been mighty slack, just getting into the working rhythm.

Kay, I think I commented on FB, but what a crappy day!!! I'm so, so glad he's doing well with it and the Docs are saying it's looking good.

Lynny, parents like that seriously p*ss me off! Make out like you've done something wrong by helping!

Work has been going fabulously, everyone is just so, so nice. Still feels strange to get up and head off to work, and I'm bloody tired at the end of the week (glad I've got Fridays off at the moment), but feeling satisfied and happy with how it's all going too.

Tien came home with an end of year award from their presentation day for 'Consistent High Achievement' - very proud mum here.  happy.gif

Wednesday was one of those days where I had a hard time being a working mum and not being there with my kids sad.gif  
I got a message at work from Matt saying he'd spent all morning in Emergency with Tien He jumped out of a tree, slipped and bent his elbow backwards...they x-rayed, couldn't be sure, said come back of Friday...
Another x-ray this morning and they're still uncertain, basically they said 'take it easy, come back if it's still sore in a few weeks'
......then in the arvo got another message saying Kai got on the wrong bus at school and could I ring the school and find out where he was! Phone battery at home was flat so they couldn't call Matt, he didn't find out until Tien got home on the bus. Tien naturally was very stressed sitting on the bus alone, not knowing where his little brother was sad.gif  All was good eventually, Kai made it back to school ok, though a little teary...just one of 'those' days!

#65 Kay1

Posted 10 December 2010 - 04:21 PM

Aw Belle bbighug.gif poor Kai. sad.gif Glad he made it home safe. Glad to hear work is going well though. I hope Tien's arm is ok. Good thing Matt was there to take him to emergency I guess.

Lynny - OMG that is disgraceful! I can't believe that woman. rant.gif

#66 Kay1

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:31 AM

Belle - I had to share this with you!!
EB thread

Good free advertising laughing2.gif!!!

#67 bellemae

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:22 PM

Thanks Kay  happy.gif

#68 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:34 AM

roll2.gif Kay!  I showed those bikinis to DH and he wants me to get one..  suuuuure why not  wacko.gif maybe if I looked like one of those models I might consider it  tongue.gif

bbl!

#69 bellemae

Posted 18 December 2010 - 07:58 PM

Feeling a little teary.  Having an "I can't believe my little boy is growing up so fast" mummy moment.  cry1.gif
My little man has finished Kindergarten!!!!  cry1.gif ohmy.gif  

AND he just lost another tooth!! That's 5 all up! Gosh I wish this growing up thing would slow down a little.

#70 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 19 December 2010 - 06:50 AM

aww  hugs Belle original.gif  I get those moments when I see Damo asleep in bed at night - he still looks like my little bubba, only bigger cry1.gif

Sheesh a 5th tooth! Damo's got two wobbly now.. the top big one which is far from falling out and the bottom one he can push horizontal but it wont come out sick.gif  it bothers him so much when he eats..  do you give Kai anything for it? Damo hates bonjella :/

#71 MegMogandFiestyCat

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:26 PM

Hello

I was wondering if I could join your group?  My DD1 was born on 2nd September 2005, I sure she was my baby last time I looked around.  Somehow she goes to school next year.

Thanks

#72 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:22 AM

Welcome to the group Fiestycat! original.gif

I'm Lynny from Sydney with a 6 month old DS, 3 yr old DD and my septemberrie who's 5

#73 MegMogandFiestyCat

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:42 AM

Happy New Year everyone

#74 bellemae

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:26 AM

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! Hope everyone had a lovely one biggrin.gif

It's been so quiet in here lately! Sorry, I've not been helping much.

Welcome Fiestycat!!!  Always lovely to have new people in here biggrin.gif I'm Belle, I have two boys Tien who is 8 (9 in March!), and Kai who's 5 (my 'not quite' septemberry, he was a little over and born 1st Oct). How is your little one feeling about school next year? Does she feel ready? Or more importantly, do you feel ready?

I'm getting excited that all the Septemberries are starting school soon! Are they all starting, or are some waiting another year? I get quite confused by the rules in different states, so I'm not sure whether they're able to wait another year. Question for everyone? Is your Septemberry starting the first year of primary next year - As the states all have different names for it and different systems, I'm meaning the year before year 1 - does that make sense?

I'm feeling rather nervous about school next year, they do a stage system, so Kai will be going into a composite 1/2 class, meaning the kids will range up to 3 years older than him! His new teacher is apparently fantastic, and he has some good friends going into the class with him, so fingers crossed all goes smoothly.

Life has just been so busy at the moment. We had Matts mum staying here from 24th - 31st, which was lovely (always love having her stay), plus we've had a friend from Japan here since 19th, until Thursday this week...oh and our language student, then with the boys on school holidays - busy house!!!!! We've only got 3 bedrooms, so our language student has her own, our Japanese friend shared the kids rooms with Matts mum (in their bunk beds), and the boys are in a double bed on the floor of our room!! So much going on, but I've mostly been at work, didn't take any leave, so I've only had the public holidays, I'm so, so tired!

We had a lovely chrissy though with such a full house, was just beautiful biggrin.gif

NYE we didn't do anything big, went into Byron they had a market on main beach, we just ran around with the kids on the beach until the partiers got a little too obviously drunk (around 10.30), then we headed home, didn't both waiting up until midnight as we had decided we were going out the next day. Saturday we went to Wet 'n Wild, then because it wouldn't stop raining and we were all too freezing to keep swimming we spent the afternoon at Sea World biggrin.gif (Loving these VIP passes!) Lovely, yet exhausting day!

Hopefully I'll manage to pop my head in here a little more when I settle into this working routine, but at the moment I'm so shattered after a day at work!

#75 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:11 AM

Happy New Year everyone - Hope 2011 brings us all lots of joy original.gif

Can't believe our bubbas are starting school next month!!  woohoo bring it on! Damian is bored out of his head.. I'm thinking about ringing up about vacation care tomorrow but think I mightve left it a bit late sad.gif

Belle - Damian is starting Kindergarten on 3rd Feb but has to go in for assessment on 2nd February.  I'm a bit confused with how the primary  schools work here as well.. I'm only familiar with south africa where we had Sub A then Sub B (kindy classes?) then Standard 1 through to 10 (with 10 being year 12 here)

wow I sound exhausted just reading about your guests - what a full house!

Nothing new to report here - did nothing on new years eve.. went to bed at 10pmish blush.gif  

argh sorry gotta run - kids are killing each other *sigh* Emilys back at preschool a week from tuesday, thank god!

hugs to those who need it and wub the rest of ya! wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.