Your Own Signature/Photo
For picture signatures:
To display a signature on EB you need to have it hosted somewhere on the internet. This can be somewhere such as Photobucket, Imageshack or Tinypics. You can sign up to these services for free.
To move your new signature from where it is currently, save it to your hard drive as follows: Right mouse click over the picture, and choose "save picture as". Then upload it to your album.
To link it into your posts:
While logged into your EB account - copy the URL of your signature (as displayed in your online album).
Go into the menu on the left of your screen, and click on "Edit my Signature". Paste the copied URL into the box that comes up, then highlight it again. Click on the little picture icon (insert image) at the top of the posting box (it's a little green tree, close to the middle of that menu) - this should add the "img" command around it.
I usually like to centre the signature, so to do this, highlight the line of script again, and this time choose the centred button (4th from the right above the posting box).
Then click on the "update my signature" button and voila! Your new signature should show up on your screen, and will show up on each new post you make (unless you unclick the "enable signature" box when you're making a post).
Signature Made For You By Sig Maker
What you need to do first is right click the signature she has made you, then click 'Properties'
It will bring up a window, half way down it will said web address - click and highlight the whole address, then hold down 'ctrl' and 'c'. Now click cancel.
In EB click on 'Personal Settings''Edit my Signature'
Once that page is loaded, go to the box you can edit and type in. At the top of that box is a sqaure icon with a tree in it, click this - if a yellow box comes down the top of IE, just click it and accept. Then click the tree icon again - it will bring up a window asking for the address, click in this box and hold down 'ctrl''v', this will paste the address you copied before. Click okay.
Then click update signature and this should bring up your new signature in the preview box at the top.
Information To Bear In Mind When Changing Signatures
Bear in mind that the signature displayed on all of your posts will be your current signature. So updating your signature changes your sig on ALL of your posts on EB, right from when you started posting
To make things fair for both users wanting a signature, but also users making a signature please follow the following guidelines.[list]
- Only ask one signature maker at a time - as its greedy to ask for more than one person, plus it takes time for each person to make these.
- Please also supply full sized pictures. If they are too big for the thread, please supply the link to the image.
- Remember to add dates of births, names, any quotes you like and colour prefs.
- If you don't like it, be honest, don't just wander off and ask someone else.
- Honesty is the best, We dont get offended if you dont like it as we cant please everyone!
- A thankyou under the sig is also nice, if the sig maker doesn't have their name watermarked on it. It's up to you as long as we a credited.
- When you accept a signature, please post to say so and a 'Thank You' goes a long way.
How To Ask For A Signature
How to get a sig, well you have 2 options. 1, Find a sig maker who's ones you like and post a request IN their thread, OR, 2, you can open your own thread just making a general request. The second way is where a few sig makers will make you a sig so you will have many to choose from and the first option, that sig maker may make 2 or 3 different versions for you.
* ONE image per signature. This means either one ticker, OR one banner sized image, OR one glitter image.
* Your image is to be no bigger than 470 (wide) x 160 (high) pixels, and no bigger than 50kb in size. (KB limit has increased Jan 2010)
* Flash signatures, avatars and/or custom titles are not permitted as they cause some members' computers to freeze. This includes 'photobucket' slide shows. We reserve the right to request you to remove or edit your image.
* Signatures must not contain any commercial links or links to competitor sites. Links can and will be removed.
* Pregnology tickers are NOT permitted. This is because they are too wide, leading to the entire forum being distorted.
* We ask that you use common sense when selecting images for your signatures. We do advise against using naked photos of your children, however we will no stop you using these, but they are not something we recommend.
* Signatures that are greater than 200 pixels (height) or 500 pixels (width) will be removed without notice.
* Repeat signature infringements will result in the member's warning level being increased. This could result in post approval or account suspension.
* Blogs that contain paid advertising are not allowed to be linked in your signature. Paid advertising means that members are potentially able to benefit from other members reading the blog. This constitutes self promotion/financial gain and so is not allowed. Members with these blog links in their signatures will have the link removed without notice and will have their warning level increased.
Freckles is our signature moderator. If you see someone with a signature that is outside of guidelines, you can alert Freckles to it - please do this via the PM system, by email or by using the 'report' function. (Note: if you use the report function please mention that it is the signature that you are reporting, not the post content.)
If a member has a signature that is outside of the allowed specifications, they will be sent a PM or email by Freckles and/or Admin and asked to reduce it. Failure to do so will result in the image/offending signature being removed from your signature by Admin. Repeat offenders of over-sized signatures may have the signature priveledge removed indefinitely.
These guidelines are in place to help people on slower connections, as well as helping the site stay within its templates. Images over 470 wide throw the screen out and create a white space at the top - which we all know can be annoying.
There are no exceptions to these rules. No one receives special treatment, the rules are the same for everyone, mods, admin, members. If we all stick to the rules, there will be no problems!
Edited by Freckles, 26 November 2011 - 11:03 AM.