The miracle of science

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#76 Mummalovin

Posted 17 November 2010 - 02:33 AM

Congratulations on your "twice as nice" news

After 10 years, 4 rounds of IVF and 5 FETs, I finally got the "your pregnant" news, then the bonus "it's twins".  It all seemed so surreal.  I was excited and amazed but eveyrtime I started really enjoying it someone would kindly say "I had a friend who (insert scary pregnancy news here)" and I would start being scared.

Even now when DS and DD1 are 8 and have been joined by DDs 2 & 3, aged 5 (thanks to FET 2.5yrs after DS & DD1) I still pinch myself to make sure it isn't a dream. I've gone from being an infertile woman to Mum of four  ohmy.gif

The hardest thing for me was allowing myself to feel all the emotions.  I'd convinced myself that because I had fought so long and hard to get pregnant and start a family I had to be grateful and happy every single second.  Of course I didn't and don't.  Yes lots more "work" went into creating my family but they can still be annoying on any given day.

Again congrats and a happy and uneventful pregnancy and onwards original.gif original.gif

Edited by Mummalovin, 17 November 2010 - 02:35 AM.

#77 LeeB

Posted 18 November 2010 - 08:03 PM

Congratulations!!!!  That is fantastic news.  You will fall in love in your own time..

Good luck for the rest of your pregnancy!

#78 lovedupmumma

Posted 24 November 2010 - 02:13 PM

Congratulations Prue!

I don't know if I belong here as a non-IVFer, but I can relate to your feelings of ambivalence. Through my pregnancy with DS2 I feel quite disconnected from the experience and feared that I wouldn't love this child if I didn't feel much for him in utero. Even after he was born I felt protective and nurturing, but not "in love" as I did with DS1. I worried for the longest time that I wouldn't feel that for him, what kind of mother was I? I was so focused on DS1 and how it was all affecting him, I kind of forgot that DS2 was a little person too.

But of course it snuck up on me in the haze and as his little personality comes out more and more I am more and more in love. He's nearly 2 now, and it's all good. Try not to worry too much, and focus on caring for yourself for the next few months (and beyond). It's the best way of loving your little ones now.

All the best for the rest of the pregnancy, I am so happy for you. xx

#79 Restraint

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:12 PM

I missed this one as I"m not around much atm.. Prue congratulations. You're in my thoughts and I am so pleased to hear.

#80 Bewitchedmummy

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:52 PM

Wow, Prue! Wonderful news to hear you are pregnant!

I was with you all those years ago before your fertility problems and IVF!

I am absolutely thrilled you are pregnant and to be expecting 2 little bubs is just fantastic!

All the best with everything!

(formerly zerafa05)

Edited by mummy2008, 10 January 2011 - 01:53 PM.

#81 Fillyjonk

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:42 PM

Woooh - congratulations Prue biggrin.gif I have been following your blog on and off and am so happy for the twist it has taken. All the best for the remainder of your pregnancy and I wish you all the joy in the world once those babies are born.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.