November 2ww

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
367 replies to this topic

#1 GeraniumQueen

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:05 PM

Apologies Ladies,
I have had major ISP issues and struggled to get Internet connection...

#2 debs1912

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:01 PM

Hello!

My 2ww straddles both October and November ... so I am not sure where I should be posting ?!!!  But I thought I would get this one started anyway!

My blood test is Saturday the 13th ... but I will be testing waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before then!!  biggrin.gif

Debbie

#3 halby

Posted 05 November 2010 - 10:49 PM

Thanks for getting us up and running. Had 2 lovely blasts transfered (fet) on Wednesday. Fingers crossed for lots of BFP this month. I will be testing on Friday the 12th. And I will not do a hpt. I will not, I will not, I will not!!!!!!
I am feeling good, a little cramping but know thats the pressaries, I do hate this 2ww.

Spud and Sparrow on board, and there planning on hanging around!!!

Halby

#4 Puddycat

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:27 AM

Hi Debs and Halby,

I may as well join in too!  I don't usually join the 2WW thread, but I see you have both had a really long ride as well, so thought I would join you both!  Hopefully we can make it a trifecta, as by looking at both your signatures you are both due for a break!!

I had two "perfect" fresh 5 cell embryos transferred on Wednesday.  Its the best we have ever had, so I will be devastated if they don't work.  If the "best" and the "perfect" ones don't work, then what hope do we have???  I will also be having a bit of a hard time this 2WW as our angel babies (twins) would have been due around the same time I will be testing.  So it will be a double negative for me if this cycle doesn't work!

I am getting a lot of cramping well, but I'm sure its the Pregnyl and the Pessaries, as its too early for it to be anything else!

Here is hoping we can keep each other sane for the next 10 days or so.

Take care

#5 Tima84

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:21 AM

Also in my 2ww! im 8dp3dt .... and did a hpt this morning. BFN

I'm not getting my hopes up but really wanted to see a positive!!! ARrrrgghhh!!

My bloodtest is due on Friday 12  Nov ..... Good luck to you all!!!

#6 msminty

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:52 PM

Hi Tima, puddy, halby and debs. Looks like we're all old hands at this!

Tima sorry to hear about your BFN. FInger crossed you get a much better result when you have your blood test.

My transfer went smoothly, so I'm looking forward to taking this journey with you all. This is our last frozen embie so we're really hoping this one sticks. If not it's the end of the road for us. Just got a call from the nurses to say my progesterone levels were on the low side so I'm back on three pessaries a day which is a bugger. Hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend.

#7 halby

Posted 07 November 2010 - 02:39 PM

Hi ladies,

Well good to see a few of us here and all testing around the same time.

Tima stay away from those hpt they do your head in, I think for you too early for a day 3 trf. Your blood test is the same day as mine.

Msminty I hope that your last embryo does work for you. This is such a tough long road, I am back to anylising everything my body does which I hate.

Puddycat like you I am getting alot of cramping but I know it is my progesterone. 2 perfect 5 day blasts are certainly worth keeping positive about.

Debs hope you are not testing too much and hanging in there to wait for your blood test.

Me, well all is good. Felt a bit on edge and yuk this morning, but probably all in my head. I have moments I feel really confident and then others when I think maybe not. I did say to DH thought maybe an omen in the Sunday times this morning as a 57 year old women gave birth to twins in Perth. I have always said that I thought I would have twins and I have had 2 trf, so you never know.
Well thats it for me am going for a lay down I am just wiped today. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday ladies and I will catch you all during the week.

Lets all keep those positive baby vibes happening.....

#8 2beautboys

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:45 AM

Hi to everyone, I might join you all.
I had a 5day transfer done on friday and am due to test on Monday 15th. But am thinking of POAS already.
I am a bit unsure about this transfer and a bit angry at my FS. When I was having the transfer the FS commented on what a great embie it was and that it looked like a "freshie" (I am havinh FET). But when she was putting it in she was having trouble, after her second attempt she asked the lab lady to put it out of the catheter and load it into another as this one was not working well, when the lab lady unloaded it she said that it had gone in. So I asked the FS if she thinks she got it in the right position and she said she thinks so and we will just have to keep our fingers crossed. unsure.gif

Look forward to chating with you all during this awful 2ww

#9 zxcvbn

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:41 PM

Hello there,
Can I join you ladies?

I'm new to all this, but have just had my day 5 transfer of 1 fresh embryo today. I'm due to have my test on Fri 19th. I have to say it has been a bit of a roller coaster, but I'm hanging in there. It was our 1st cycle and we had ICSI and had 12 fertilised eggs. As of today, they weren't sure whether any/how many we will be able to freeze- will find out tomorrow. (Secretly hoping for one for the freezer section - as really don't want to go through stimulation again in the near future..)
To be honest I'm just happy all the hard work is done. I felt pretty ordinary after the egg collection - only feel back to vaguely normal today. Being pregnant will be a massive bonus! (she calmly says at day 1 of the 2ww -lets see what I'm saying next week- ha ha!!...).

Fingers crossed for all of us that it goes quickly.

#10 Puddycat

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:28 PM

Am attempting my first ever reply from my phone. I hope it works.

Had my second Pregnyl jab tonight. I was soooooo close to testing before I had my jab! But then common sense arrived and I quickly jabbed before I could test. Now it will be at least Friday before I can POAS! Damn Pregnyl!!!!!!

Is everyone else on Pregnyl or can you POAS?

#11 halby

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:36 PM

HI all just checking in to say hi and see that everyone is still staying sane in this horrible 2ww. Puddicat I have used pregnyl sometimes and I hate it too as you have no idea what feelings are real or not but good for you for not POAS. I too have been tempted and am still analyzing every cramp and feeling I get. I have 2 tests sitting there, but honestly think to myself that if it is only one line I will be shattered so maybe I should just wait until Friday morning and know before I get the results in the afternoon????? We'll see if I can hold out that long
Last night in bed I felt really confident even started imagining things about getting my BFP. Am getting that intergestion in my upper back and even had heartburn last night. Mind you am on Dexmethosone and that makes me eat like a hawk so am probably just eating way to much.  Am very grumpy today and am honestly hating this 2ww, it is driving me nuts. Trying to keep busy but it still is at the forefront of my mind.

Welcome 2beautboys and maluckyday, hope all is going well so far for you both.

Have a lovely evening, am off to bed to watch some tv with dh and maybe not be so short tempered tomorrow.

Edited by halby, 08 November 2010 - 09:39 PM.

#12 liela

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:49 PM

Hi Ladies,

Just popping in to wish you all luck with the Nov 2ww. I managed to get a positive last week but unfortunately this seems to have ended in a chemical PG. Had my BT last Thursday with a level of 10.6, which is way too low. Had another BT today just to confirm that it had disappeared completely.

Hopefully I wont see any of you here in the Dec 2WW.

Take Care waves.gif

Edited by liela, 08 November 2010 - 10:49 PM.

#13 Puddycat

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:40 AM

Oh poo Liela.  Im so sorry to hear that.  Thats so frustrating for you.  Sometimes I think the biggest curse of IVF is that we test/get bloods etc so early.  How very very disappointing for you.  Please look after yourself.  Will you do another cycle before the end of the year?

Halby - I think I will POAS on Friday as well.  The Pregnyl will be out of my system by then.  I too was in a AWFUL mood yesterday.  Very grumpy.  Hopefully today is better.  I have zero symptoms.  My cramping has disappeared totally.  I think it was just left over from the EPU?  

maluckyday - Hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones who strikes gold first go.  Let us know if you get any frosties.

2beautboys - Sounds like your ET was a bit stressful.  Im sure it will all be OK though.  I had some spotting the morning of and the day of my transfer, and I was freaking out that the blood would make the walls to slippery for my embies to grab hold!

Hows everyone else going?  Staying away from those POAS I hope!!   biggrin.gif

#14 CanberraKat

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:38 PM

Hi All,

Firstly Liela, so sorry to hear about your loss. All the best for the December cycle.

AFM- I had one 5 day blast transferred today. This is my 3rd transfer in 4 months so really hoping its 3rd time lucky. This time I'm on pregnyl shots on Day 4 and Day 7, Clexane daily and pessaries.

My blood test is on 18th November, so long to go!

All the best to those testing this week.

#15 zxcvbn

Posted 09 November 2010 - 04:00 PM

Liela- Am feeling for you. Having never had a BFP, I can't imagine what it will be like to have one and then have it taken away.
I'm trying not to even think about this next week ahead.. I've been very bad in the past about giving into the POAS.. one month, back in the optomistic era, I even remember waking up desperate for the loo, then giving into day 27 temptation, racing out to the chemist at 7am, only to then get a negative, and then period start within the same 5 minutes while I was still holding the tester!! Cruel mother nature!!!
We must stay focused on the 'I will not test early' mantra..

Another day has passed- we are all 1 less sleep away.
Heads up team 2WW Nov!

xx
(PS- I got a call from the lab today - they froze 2 of ours, which I'm a little bit/very excited about)

Edited by maluckyday?, 09 November 2010 - 04:01 PM.

#16 halby

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:57 AM

pg/child mentioned

Hi ladies,

Leila thank you for your positive thoughts for all of us. Good luck in your december 2ww.

Maluckyday, 2 frosties is awsome, I am so happy for you. It certainly takes some pressure off knowing that you have them there.

CKat thats great that you have had a blast trf. Like you I am on clexane, Is this the first time you have done it????

Puddycat, hows the pregnyl injections going? I have done that some cycles and not others. Glad I opted not to this time, have been pill popping and daily injections of clexane for 8 weeks now and figured that was enough.

2beautboys, have you POAS yet, I know you were thinking about it. I hope your not allowing the transfer to worry you. Those embryos are pretty strong you know they handle a lot more than that.

Msminty how is your 2ww going? I am going to be really honest and say that with my DD she was our last attempt as there was no way I was going to be able to push my dh anymore, 14 trfs were enough for him at that point, so fingers are crossed that the same result for you.

Debs, how r you, havn't heard anything so wondering if you have avoided the POAS or given in to temptation?

AFM Well, I caved yesterday lunch time and did a hpt. It took about 9 minutes to get a faint line, but didn't read too much into it as I drink a lot of water and know that it dilutes your hcg reading especially when it is early days. I actually went and bought the tests that I did with DD and did one this morning at 6am. Much to my surprise there is a faint second line by 5 minutes. I know I know, but the wait was killing me. I have had really confident days, and then not so confident ones. The line was the same when I tested for my DD but when I tested for her, it was in another 4 days time as we had been on holiday.Dh and I are quietly confident, but wont get our hopes up until bloods on Friday. I really hope this is true for us as I really feel like I have paid my dues on this long battle, and while I feel very blessed to have DD, I believe that we have the right to have another one too. I really hope I don't offend anyone when I say that, 3 years of ivf to get dd really took its toll, and I just couldn't go through that again.
Well I have another test there and yes I will check tomorrow to see if it is darker, I'll be happy even if the second line is just still there.

Looking forward to hearing how everyone is going? It has been pretty quiet in here.

Edited by halby, 10 November 2010 - 11:00 AM.

#17 msminty

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:28 AM

Oh Halby - that's fantastic news!!! ddance.gif A line is a line no matter how feint. Hoping with all my heart that this is the cycle that will give your DD a sibling. Take care of you and your little embie and let us know if you get a darker line tomorrow.

#18 146 Lucina

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:31 PM

Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone is well.
And I just got to say "YEY" for Halby . I'm so glad you have a tentative positive today. Looking forward to the next few days to hear that line getting darker. Best of luck with your BT on Friday.

Liela, - So sorry about your chemical.

Well I'm officially in the 2WW. I had 3 embies to thaw, and all thawed o.k. So all three, 3 day embies, went back in this morning. Two divided after defrost, and one hasn't "yet". The embryologist said that there was only very slight fragmentation, and they all looked very good.
Got to see them go in via the ultrasound so that was cool. I Didn't have that last time. I asked if that was all of them and the FS said "Yep" they were all holding hands. Then the embryologist piped up and said, "funny you should say that because I put them in the dish apart, and when I come back to look at them they are all huddled up together Aww!

Am feeling good about it so far. Hope the ride doesn't drag on too much. I do a urine test on the 24th Nov (that what my clinic does) then a BT on the 26th, so that will be 19 DPO. At this stage I'm saying I will not POAS. Last time I was on pregnal so it was easy not to, but this time I'm not.

Hope everyone is traveling nicely. Good luck to those who are testing soon.

Luci

#19 Puddycat

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:40 PM

A massive "tentative" CONGRATULATIONS to Halby!  Thats awesome news.

(And may you be the first of many for the November 2WWers!!)

Edited by Puddycat, 10 November 2010 - 07:40 PM.

#20 halby

Posted 11 November 2010 - 11:09 AM

Morning all,

Lucina that is wonderful to have all  thaw nicely. And wow, I have to say I dont know your stats but am surprised you have had 3  transfered. I know I previously asked on the fet for DD but was told it would have to go to a board for discussion. I think that its very cute that they were huddled together, obviously wanted to stay together. I hope this 2 ww goes quickly for you. It is agonising, and you do have a long wait.

Missminty & Puddycat thanks for your well wishes, I am still feeling a bit shocked to be honest. I can honestly say that its definately a BFP for me, I have no doubt  BFP.gif . I got hardly any sleep last night just couldn't switch the mind off, and then  was hungry so at 2am made myself a cheese toastie. I did the other hpt at 6am again this morning and the second line was there within the 1st minute. Tomorrow I will know my HCG levels which I am curious about as I had the 2 embies transfered.I just so hope and pray that this continues. I struggle with the fact that I get no real symptoms, so I am sure that as before I will be testing daily to ensure that it is continueing. I honestly spent about $300 on hpt with DD.

How is everyone else feeling? I am hoping that this is the start of some great results in this group. I know there is a couple of us testing tomorrow so fingers toes and anything possible is crossed.
Have a great day

Edited by halby, 11 November 2010 - 11:11 AM.

#21 2beautboys

Posted 11 November 2010 - 12:45 PM

Hi everyone, I hope you are all holding up well.

Congratulations Halby, I hope it is a very sticky baby you have in there.

Liela take care of yourself and good luck next time

Hope everyone is travelling well and I hope November is everyones month.

I caved and tested yesterday morning which was 5d past 5dtx and got a BFN but tested again this morning and got a BFP, I cant really believe it at the moment. The line is not very dark but came up in about a minute and clearly visable. I hope this one sticks.

Goodluck for all the BT's tomorrow.

#22 msminty

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:17 PM

congratulations 2beautboys! Hope that line just gets stronger and stronger. After all this time it's such a shock to see an ACTUAL line! Hope you are basking in your cleverness :-)

#23 Tussycat

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:29 PM

Hi everyone
Joining you in here after my transfer today.

Halby that is great news !!!
2beautboys, here's hoping that line gets darker and darker.

I had two embies transferred.  Unfortunately they are not optimum quality though. One is an expanded blasty the other is a early blasty.

Fingers crossed !

My DH makes me laugh though, when we came out and went to take our theatre gear off, he put on a stupid voice and said "This time fer sure !" (rocky and bullwinkle reference, some of you may be too young for that  ! biggrin.gif )

#24 Puddycat

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:31 PM

2beautboys - Oh wow!  How exciting.  Congratulations!  Its amazing how it can be different from one evening to the next morning.  Yipeeeeeee!!!!!

Thats two!!  Who is going to the be 3rd!

I wanted to test this afternoon, but DP said "no"!  Spoilsport!  I wanted to do one tonight so we have a "baseline" to go off.  The residual Pregnyl should be disappearing today/tomorrow.  So I wanted to test tonight so then I could see if it was getting lighter or darker.  (Hopefully darker!!).

Does anyone believe in dreams?  Last night I dreamt we had a 3yo boy.  He was soooo cute!  He looked a bit like our nephew, but also he looked quite difference (but a definite family resemblance).  But then, about 5 nights ago I dreamt I was sobbing to my neighbour about my BFN from this cycle.

So even my dreams are screwed up by this ride.  LOL.

Who is next to POAS??????

#25 halby

Posted 11 November 2010 - 10:09 PM

2beautboys fantastic to see that second line come up, I am soooo happy for you. I hope that your emby just gets stronger and stronger. Remember the line doesn't have to be dark, as long as it is there. tthumbs.gif

Puddycat you are stronger than me. Havn't you got bloods tomorrow or am I confused? I believe in dreams, superstitions, you name it, did you google dreams and see what they meant?

Moi Mwah those embryos sound lovely. I've seen a lot of BFP from really average embryos but early blast and expanding blast is great. I hope that your 2ww is smooth sailing

Hello to everyone else, this seems to be a pretty quiet 2ww. I suppose it is still early days yet though.

As for me. cant believe I will have it confirmed tomorrow. I didn't catch up on that lost sleep last night so I look and feel like a zombie tonight. I am super emotional, quite teary, but lack of sleep will do that. Hopefully a good sleep tonight and then DD and I will head off at 6am to miss traffic for my bloods, and I have to get more pressaries the lovely things that they are as I use 2 a day, even though they say I only need one. After all these years I tend to self medicate. I dont reccomend it, but after all these years I think I know this body of mine pretty well.

Well sleep tight all and fingers crossed for those testing tomorrow, I hope to see a few BFP. Praying for everyone.  hands.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.