September 09 Parents # 35

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
76 replies to this topic

#51 dixilee83

Posted 21 November 2010 - 02:16 PM

Afternoon everyone

I haven't been in here for ages. I only seem to be on facebook these days or nappy addicts

All is well here. Clay is now walking or should i say running. His new thing is to kiss everyone he looks so cute

We are currently going thru a custody court thing with DH's ex wife. We are going to court next month so that should be interesting to see what to judge says. It's such a stressfull time here.

Poll... Who's not finished having babies yet, who wants more?

I would love one more but Dh is not keen sad.gif

#52 specialtreat

Posted 21 November 2010 - 02:56 PM

Just a very quick one from me, we are all pretty sick here, I have had a major migrain since friday and Chloe has been sick with high temps and now vomiting with Matt and Mitty the same. Good thing the storm we had on thursday night chased DH home from his reef fishing trip, so I have been locked in a very dark room while DH has handled most of the sickness  sad.gif  
Tara your neighbour sounds like a real piece of work, shame your friendship turned sour, she does sound very jealous..
And thank you again for Chloe's little surprise, you really didn't have to, but thank you original.gif
Christmas Well again work is being a pain for DH this year and he has to work Christmas again:(  so we will be having 2 Christmases biggrin.gif  one the weekend before while DH is home and all the family will come out to our place and we will let the kids open their main pressies from DH and I and leave all Santa and other family pressies until Christmas day, which the kids and I will head into mum and dads on Christmas eve for Santa to come there  biggrin.gif I love Christmas wub.gif

Baby poll sad.gif no more here.

JoI hope things get better for you, hope you enjoy your holiday, sounds like you really need one.
not sure if this will work but this is high lights of the Nitro Circus in Brisbane
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUtDOfrEEI4

Well I've reach my first goal in my weight loss journey. I wanted to loose 5 kgs by today, we were meant to be having family photo's but had to cancel cause we are all to sick, but I have lost 5.1kgs original.gif next goal is another 5kgs by the new year.
Need to go my head is killing me and the computer screen doesn't help.
Hope everyone is having a better weekend than me.
xx

Edited by *4+1more*, 22 November 2010 - 01:15 PM.

#53 minich

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:35 AM

Hi all, Thought I'd better stop past & let you all know that I am now home from the hospital with my beautiful baby girl and I'm so in love.  llove.gif I had a great birth and am recovering pretty well. Amelia loves her little sister & is surprisingly gentle. Moana is such a sleepy head & I often have to wake her to feed. She is so placid & quiet & never cries. I hope she keeps it up. Breast feeding is going really great. I think I might be offline for a while so I can settle in at home. I'll also post some pics on FB.
Thanks for all the congrats.
C xo

#54 mlto

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:09 PM

Hi guys original.gif

Congratulations Caroline! What an adorable sweet baby! I just saw your pic on fb т™е Hope you are recovering well! Soooo great that Amelia loves her new sister! Enjoy xxx

Sherri Sorry your ex is being a prat! That is disgusting how he manipulates the kids. What an a*se.

Looks like we  have a few walkers!! Yay!!!

Coop is good, he can understand things i ask him like get your shoes, wheres your bottle, get mummy a plate (he will go get his plate for dinner lol), still up and down thru the night he probably sleeps thru 3 out of 7 sad.gif Which is tiring for me. I got him a slide and swing the other day and he chucked his first ever tanty. I let him play in his swing for a while and he didn't want to come inside, I had to carry him in and he was screaming, I put him down and he threw himself on the floor and screamed a little more, throwing his arms and legs about lol. It was funny to watch lol.

Decided to delete original.gif

Anyways better go and make lunches for the morning and wash uniforms.

Edited by coopey-doo, 24 November 2010 - 12:16 PM.

#55 specialtreat

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:50 PM

bbighug.gif Mel.

Caroline Glad to see you are home with your beautiful girls...and that the birth went well. Enjoy your babymoon xox...I can't find you on FB to have a look at the pics sad.gif

#56 ~*Ness~*

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:21 AM

Aww Mel that sucks. DH and I have lots of issues but generally are honest at least. I smoke but that comes out of my money and while dh doesn't like it I'm not going to be sneaky about doing it.

Caroline moana is just gorgeous. Glad u r home and settling in well.

Sherri I hope u feel better. original.gif

#57 Guest_ttgc_*

Posted 24 November 2010 - 11:19 AM

Mel  bbighug.gif  bbighug.gif  bbighug.gif  bbighug.gif  hhugs.gif

AFM DS is walking not all the time but it has started original.gif

Edited by ttgc, 24 November 2010 - 03:16 PM.

#58 ktgrouch

Posted 24 November 2010 - 11:43 AM

Mel - So sorry you are having a bit of a crap time. Smoking is an issue in this house too. I quit when pregnant with DD1, started again when pregnant with DS1 (feel incredibly guilty about that one!) and quit when he was born. DH promised to quit with me when I fell pregnant with DD1 but.... 7 years later and he is still smoking. He has never lied about it though and I have to admit I would be furious if he did. I am thinking of you.  sad.gif  bbighug.gif

Caroline - Moana is gorgeous! Loved the pics on FB. You are very lucky to have two such beautiful little girls.  original.gif  Glad everything went smoothly too.

Tylie - Hooray on Chase walking! That will save your arms and back a bit!

Sherri -  ddance.gif  on the weightloss! Well done. Must feel good original.gif Sorry to hear about your migraine. They are horrible hey. I get one every month compliments of AF.

Tara - your neighbour is acting like a complete moron! I don't understand people like that. Seriously, how hard is it to get over tiny little differences like being a loud mouth and being well spoken??? If we didn't get over things like that then nobody would be friends! lol. You are definately better off without her as a friend.

Was going to write a few more personals but my kids are being little terrors! ha ha. Plus my house is well and truly feral at the moment.
Christmas - We are spending the morning with my family and the afternoon with DH's family. I am actually thinking I will go through the kids presents tonight and take some out. I haven't overspent, but I think I have bought too much. They are getting the holiday to Bali as a suprise gift and that is pretty huge! And I really hate when they get so many presents that none of them mean anything and they just chuck them aside to open the next one.
Went to Target and took the dodgy Christmas tree back and got a new one. Can't wait to decorate it! I have already put it up (just to make sure all the pieces were there! ha ha) but haven't got the decorations out of the shed yet!
Someone mentioned Secret Santa? I would be in for that, but I can't afford much at all so it would have to be a low limit  blush.gif  laugh.gif
Weight loss - Finally hit the 5kg loss mark! Hooray!
DH has been struggling with anxiety attacks lately. I have no idea how to deal with it! I know that sounds terrible but it is usually me getting the panic attacks and Im not sure how to handle someone else getting them. Most of the time I feel like just saying 'Chill out would you!'. I am not very helpful am I?  laugh.gif

Ok really gotta go. The pigsty that is my house is getting worse by the minute thanks to my two smallest children!

#59 Guest_ttgc_*

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:14 PM

Katie - well done on the 5kg  tthumbs.gif  tthumbs.gif I hear you on th house I feel like I clean then the next min the kids have pulled it apart again... bit over it at them moment.  O I am shocking with xmas I always think I don't have enough then buy more then when I start wrapping them think why did I get so much lol.  I don't know what you can do to help your DH but when you find out let me know lol DD is a bit like that, I heard her the other night walking around saying I am not going to stress I am not going to stress about it lol it was cute but hard cause if Chase is trying to walk or do something new she will panic big time and try and stop him which then turns to the both crying.  ep so glad he is starting to walk but sad too lol he is growing up

Sherri - Well done on the weight your doing great  cclap.gif  tthumbs.gif Hope your feeling better today??? I have one too started at about 11pm last night and had me up and down all night vomiting and just not able to sleep then cause I was vomiting the tablets were not helping grrrr

Caroline - glad your birth was good and your at home getting use to a life of 2 babies and how lucky that Moana is a sleeper original.gif  DD1 was like that but not till about week 3 before that all she did was scream lol

Tara - you are much better off without her.  Can't belive she put that on FB

AFM - I am trying to get rid of this mirgriane and its just not happening its not as bad as last night but still not gone, have been lucky as Chase has been asleep since 11am and still is so I got to have a sleep which was good, think its got to do with the fact that he woke up the night befor last at 3 then I couldn't get back to sleep so by 4 I got up and on the treadmill and did what I had to then couldn't go off to sleep last night..  I have hit the 10kg original.gif finially lol am really happy to just stay were I am but will try and get another 5 or so off.  House looks like a bomb has gone off and just can't seem to get into a patten to stay on top of it...

Think I have worked out why DS was screaming and carrying on whenever I said no.... COPYING HIS SISTER so I have told her she is to just do as she is told and not carry on as DS is doing the same, she has been better and asoon as she starts I just look at her then she stops so hoping he will stop it soon too.  He is a clever little thing tho he helps pack and unpack the dishwasher puts things in it then when I say shut it all up he pushes it in then lifts the door and shuts it and today he was putting the stuff back in the draw that I showed him too so cute.  Also he won't take his hat off cry's when I take it off lol slept with it on yesterday and then last night once he was asleep I took it off then put it away so today he has not been to bad.  Also he is no longer crying in the pool but crying cause he can't go in lol

#60 dixilee83

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:32 PM

i would love to see some pics of Moana, can some please PM Minch name to me thanks

#61 specialtreat

Posted 24 November 2010 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE (dixilee83 @ 24/11/2010, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i would love to see some pics of Moana, can some please PM Minch name to me thanks

Me too please  original.gif

#62 the4rugrats

Posted 25 November 2010 - 03:14 AM

Sheri and Rachel: John Te-aotonga

#63 ~*Ness~*

Posted 25 November 2010 - 05:05 AM

Katie I have had 2 huge panic attacks now in the past few months and both while driving. It's got me quite freaked and I'm not really up for much driving now. My gp has referred me to a psychologist as she is concerned that I'll no want to drive at all which is slowly already happening.
I'm going in for a heart monitor today too as my pulse is too high, don't think Thats related to the panic attacks though.

#64 ktgrouch

Posted 25 November 2010 - 09:08 AM

Ness - I know your pain. I used to get them all the time. They are just horrible. I couldn't sit through a Church sermon or in a restaurant or even at a party without having one. I used to have to have a cigarette to calm me down and I think that only worked because it stopped me hyperventilating.
I really hope you can work out what is causing yours. Sounds scary. Can't imagine having one while driving. I also have a rapid pulse. It is definately getting better though now that I am eating better and Im exercising. I was obviously just unfit. What do you think is causing yours?

#65 specialtreat

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:07 PM

Gee very quiet in here.
I am just here for a bit of a rant  rant.gif
I have the worst neighbours!!!
I spent the weekend in at my parents this weekend. We left on Saturday about 2pm and got home tonight at 7;30pm.
My neighbours have my contact numbers and my parents number.
We fed the dogs before we left on Saturday, made sure they had fresh water and also fed the guinea pigs (3).
We got home and it was raining, Bek went to check on the G Pigs and to cover them up and discovered one was missing. So the kids spent 40 mins out in the rain looking for the missing G Pig sad.gif  (the dogs had dug a hole under the cage to get at them) but we couldn't find the missing one. then half an hour later our neighbour rang to tell me the dogs ate our white G Pig and that he rescued them once then saw they had another one and by the time he finished the mowing the dogs had eaten her. Grrrr! WTF!!! I am so p i s s e d!! off at him, his girls (4 & 7) love our G Pigs and play with them at the fence too..why did he wait until after he finished mowing to save the G Pig? when he could see the dogs had her grrrr!
Then just now when I was locking up the shed I could hear water rushing out of what I thought was a tap left on fast.... sad.gif  only to discover it was our bore, Ryan and Mitt must have bumped it on when they were near the box before we left on Saturday (it's an automatic sprinkler system control box) and our back yard is flooded. i didn't notice or hear it when we got home cause of the rain. Dam! Dam! Dam! my neighbours would have noticed it was on, it is right near their clothesline and it was rushing straight out of the pipe (the hose had busted off with the pressure of the gushing water) over 24 hrs of wasted water sad.gif mad.gif  

We were good neighbours, now they are s h i t neighbours and the only reason I can think of is because I didn't tell her straight away when we were PG with Chloe, actually i didn't tell her at all, the kids did. But I did ring her when I was in hospital to tell her we had had Chloe. i don't know (she gets funny like that rolleyes.gif ) I am just really annoyed with them. GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Hope every one had a good weekend. Miss C is still not well and has a yucky runny nose and I still feel ick sad.gif I am truly over it, it just feels like MS (but isn't). hope it goes away soon..

#66 mlto

Posted 29 November 2010 - 10:07 PM

Oh Sherri that is so horrible you poor thing sad.gif Neighbours are funny people I have found. How rude they didnt turn the water off for you.

What an eventful weekend this turned out to be. My mum's birthday party was Saturday and her brother wanted to come up from down the south coast, so I had to keep it a secret from her for nearly 3 months. And it was HARD! But all worth it when he rocked up at the party! I had about 5 cruisers, I haven't drunk anything other than the odd bourbon here and there since before I had Cooper so I still feel like I am trying to recover. Cooper wouldn't sleep so he crashed in the car at about 1130 when we were on the way home. He was so tired but whenever there is lots of people around there is no chance of him sleeping. It was quite funny, he very much hates strangers and I think it is old ladies mainly. My Aunt is old and he screams whenever he sees her and the grandmas at school try and talk to him and he cries. But he had never met my uncle and his partner and he took to them quite easily as they stayed here while we were hiding them before the party haha!  (they are in their 30s so not older people LOL).  I don't know how we will go with Santa, hopefully he just hates old ladies haha!  

He has become quite a bully! He sits on his brother and lays into him! He goes and tells the kids off and points at them! If I ask him something he shakes his head! I can not put him in the trolley anymore he screams and rips everything off the shelves or throws my shopping on the floor. I just keep wondering where my baby has gone and who replaced him with mr attitude!

Anyways I should go to bed. It is bucketing down with rain here tonight. Yay. Hope it stops in the morning for drop offs!

Night all original.gif

#67 the4rugrats

Posted 30 November 2010 - 02:17 AM

Sherri: bbighug.gif  sorry about your guinea pig. And I just seen on fb you had to give away your puppy dog...I guess it was the new (not so new now LOL) puppy. bbighug.gif  sad.gif  Sorry about your neighbours too, what is wrong with some people? Surely it wouldnt have taken much to pop over and turn off the water... and waiting so long to help a poor defenseless animal???
Hope you and Chloe are feeling a little better. Hows your sewing coming along...did you get to make the bag?

Sorry for not doing any more personals..... not feeling up to it.

Nothing much happening here, just trying to get some xmas presents made, and spending too much money on stuff for the holiday. A small stroller (so we dont have to take the big bulky one), a kinderkot, laptop bag, suitcases, clothes for the wedding (I just need normal clothes, but I might have to wait on them LOL) and other bits and pieces. And we spent a couple of hundred $$ on DS2s new school uniform, and that was only summer!  ffear.gif  Anyways we have decided that the first week of the holiday is just for us, not to see the family (unless they come to the airport), so it will be relaxing at the resort, doing a couple of theme parks and maybe go to the beach...not big on beaches LOL. The 2nd week is for DHs family and the wedding, and hopefully MIL and SIL will each take a child for a night. biggrin.gif  

I cant believe that the year is almost at an end, its gone so fast.....

#68 Guest_ttgc_*

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:39 AM

bbighug.gif  bbighug.gif for you Sherri

AFM:  4yr free 2 good home..

#69 specialtreat

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:34 AM

Jo~ yes it was our newer puppy we gave away after costng me over $1000 n the 9 months we had him  sad.gif  but it had got to the stage we had to chain him up all the time and I hated dong that to him. 2 male dogs together just didn't work out. They just kept fighting all the time especially over food and I was worried one of the kids would get caught up n a fight. He has gone to a nice lady so I hope he will be happy with her.
I got the bag made just very simple but  did it  original.gif
Sounds like a good plan for your holidays. We are going on one in September next year, just hoping MIL sn't serous about coming too, that would really ruin it for me.

Mel~ glad the party went well. How did you keep it a secret for 3 months? That would have been so hard for me to do lol!
Katie~ saw your kids on FB they are gorgeous kids and they all look alike biggrin.gif

We are putting our Christmas tree up this evening, I splashed out and brought a new one this year, it is a white one and I brought all new decorations  biggrin.gif
Now just to work out how to keep Miss Chloe away from it lol!

Tylie~ who ever wants your DD can you ask if they want a free DS 4yrs aswell? 2 for 1 lol!
Mitty is drivng me mad, he was my sweet angel but now holly molly I can't take him anywhere without him throwing tantrums aannoyed.gif
Really need to clean up my house now. With all the rain we've had and the new sandpit DH made for the kids (right outside the back door rolleyes.gif ) my house is like one big muddy sandpit.

Bye for now xx

edit to say my "i" keeps stickng and I am too lazy to go through and fix them all up lol!

Edited by *4+1more*, 30 November 2010 - 10:36 AM.

#70 mlto

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:36 PM

While we are giving them away, I have a 9.5yr old ready for pick up LOL

Sherri it was tough, I nearly slipped up so many times. Thankfully it all worked out and she was stokked he was there.

#71 Guest_ttgc_*

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:14 PM

Sherri - thats alot of money in such a short time, might put the idea of us getting a dog on hold..  What is the go with the bigger kids hey OMG DD was driving me crazy so I brought a big wooden spoon today all I have to do is walk near the draw and she cuts out what ever she is doing lol its working great so far...  But if I hear her say I WANT one more time santa is not coming she is acting like a little brat which she has never done before...  I so nearly got a new tree today to lol but could not pick if I wanted the sliver one or the black one

Mel - I am with sherri I couldn't keep it from my mum lol sorry didn't find anyone to take DD lol

Katie - Yes very cute pic

AFM:  so happy right now I have now lost 11.9kg am and starting to run.... OMG I look like a silly bugger but its working lol
DD is driving me mad not sure what the go is so hoping it stops soon, its times like these that I really miss DH being home every night just to give me a break.  DS is being well.....  at times wonderful and other times a little bugger.. and the little checky boy has not taken any steps the last few days grrrrrrrrrrr its going to kill me if he is not walking full time by the time we go camping...  Went skiing on saturday and I was nearly got a beachy I had it till I tried to put my back foot in lol and skied further then I have since having DS which is great just want to be better

#72 specialtreat

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:01 PM

Tylie~ A dog can be soooo expensive, we got him from a pet shop which I won't do again, then we paid for all his immunisations and to get him desexed and of cause the vet bills from when I reversed over his front legs sad.gif
Gee I sound like a horrible horrible person sad.gif we drove past today and the lady was out checking her letter box with Teddy in tow, she smiled and waved at us, it is going to be hard to not see him considering he is just across the road from Beks school.
I hear you on the naughty 4 yr old and wanting DH home every night to help out. You would thnk the older kds would be good for me knowing I am own my own when DH s at work but they aren't Grrrr! they are so much better behaved when he is home, drives me crazy.

Tylie you look GREAT!!! I can't wait till I loose all/most of my excess weight, it is slow going but I hope to get there  by September next year. It helps when you have a goal set.

I can't believe it is so close to Christmas. Went to put our new Tree up today and opened t up to discover the tree is silver and not white sad.gif  and I only have the layby docket which says "this is not a receipt" so I hope they let me change it.
night all DH is home tomorrow and I want to get my mountain of folding up done rolleyes.gif .

#73 dixilee83

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:04 AM

Morning Ladies

Hope everyone is doing well. Im not to bad on the hunt for another job sad.gif Ive been working at the local servo. They have just had new managers take over and since that has happen im not getting any shifts. I am so upset cos we relay on the money to by food. So im on a job hunt today when Clay wakes up

How's everyones chrissy shopping going?

Also check out this LInk http://www.portablenorthpole.tv/watch/aTCQWIxqEhdwDZv8QiH_HA

Personlised video ffrom santa, my older boys loved it

Edited by dixilee83, 01 December 2010 - 09:17 AM.

#74 ~raindrops~on~roses~

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:12 AM

Hey girls,
Sorry I'm not in much anymore... but having to sit at the coffee table to go on the net is not comfy and the kids rarely leave me alone! We had to forfeit netball today due to not enough players and as Lila is asleep and DS at daycare I thought I'd pop in here to catch up! (should be cleaning my house!!)

Gemma - Cheeky thing keeping your bubs gender a secret! Can't wait to find out!!

Tylie - Didn't see you at the reunion! Obviously different school. DH went to Penrith Christian Community School. Reunion was pretty boring actually... Hopefully I'll have mine next year which I will find much more interesting!

Tara - Sounds like you've got a great Christmas planned biggrin.gif We have my family Christmas this weekend (4 sibblings + heaps of kids). DH's extended family Christmas is the 18th. Christmas Eve is dinner at IL's with some relos from o/s. Christmas day probably 1st breaky here with kids, then 2nd breaky at mums, lunch at IL's then packing down tree and getting ready for camping in the arvo. We head off down the coast on boxing day biggrin.gif Looking forward to it!
Sorry to hear about  your neighbour! What a PITA!

Babies - No more here.... none planned anyway!

Dixi - Hope the court thing goes ok hhugs.gif Good luck on the job hunt too!!! I know how the lack of money thing feels at the moment!

Sherri - Hope you're feeling better, Chloe too!! hands.gif Can't believe your neighbours!! Poor G pig sad.gif

Ness - Hope the dr figured out what's going on with your pulse and panic attacks! hhugs.gif

Christmas tree - We are going and getting our fresh tree this Friday. Can't wait! Love the smell biggrin.gif think we might put the play pen around the tree this year or just decorate it half way up....

Got pins and needles from sitting here on the floor so I'm going to go clean my house!! yipee rolleyes.gif

Jen

#75 ~*Ness~*

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:28 PM

Hi all. Haven't been in much sorry life has been hectic.

I had a 24 hr ECG test last week buy results not back yet. I saw my dr today though as the anxiety is getting worse and I've had it on and off the past few days. So she gave me medication to calm
It down until I can see someone about it in a few weeks and hopefully get to the bottom of it. It's driving me mad I don't see any logic around them occurring and it's making me feel out of control which I don't like at all.

Anyway, that was quick but zara is having a melt down so I'll pop back later for personals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.