September 06 Parents # 218

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
78 replies to this topic

#26 LittleWhiteDove

Posted 24 November 2010 - 02:02 PM

Yep, you've got me on Facebook - I added a pic of Miss Butterfly this morning if you want to track down who I am lol.

So Germany are happy for you to have both? I was reading their site trying to work out if DH can get his back, and it seems they aren't a big fan of it (but maybe that's just for others who are gaining c'ship) - all so confusing, isn't it? I really should ring someone and have a chat, rather than email. We'd be about an hour the other side of Frankfurt, towards France.

waves.gif to all - how dare you all have lives!

xx

#27 Dons

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:30 PM

waves.gif

#28 hussey

Posted 25 November 2010 - 05:00 AM

waves.gif

biene_maja: are you originally from Paderborn?  My family is from Lippstadt, that's only about 40 minutes away from Paderborn!

#29 biene_maja

Posted 25 November 2010 - 07:45 AM

No, not originally. I lived in Hamburg all my life before I came over here. Then my little sister moved over to study in Paderborn and got stuck there. Later on my parents split up and my dad moved to Paderborn too and while we're visiting my Mum will come there too. I really like it though. And rents are pretty cheap so we'd try to settle there if we can.

LittleWhiteDove - Found you! Miss Butterfly is sooo beautiful. How is she feeding & sleeping so far?
Where in AUS are you again. I'd email or ring the consulate in your area. The Melb one has been really helpful. Just ask them if it's possible to get it back.
I just think it's great to still have a German passport because DH, me or the kids (later in life) can live anywhere in the EU. So I'd never give that up.
So we'd be about 4 hours apart. Not too bad original.gif

DH and I had a long talk yesterday about TTC#3. It's funny. With the first 2 I was the pushy one desperate for babies and now I'm glad that DH is really on board with this next one. I've pretty much told him that it's now or never because with my m/c's & horrible pregnancies etc and not getting younger I just want to pop the last one out and be done with it, lol.
So I'll be ordering my Magic Juice (Naturopathic Formula I was on with Lucia & Lexi) and prepare my body so that we hopefully won't have another m/c.

waves.gif  everyone!

Edited by biene_maja, 25 November 2010 - 07:54 AM.

#30 LittleWhiteDove

Posted 25 November 2010 - 05:54 PM

Thanks! We think she's pretty cute, she's feeding well, and sleeping like a dream - all night the last two nights! We only had one night in Hamburg, but it's a gorgeous city, I could happily live there. I'll have to give the consulate a call, as you say, it's handy to have that EU passport!

How exciting about TTC#3, fingers crossed for a sticky one! Hopefully your journey is a fast and smooth one.

#31 00ruby00

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:58 PM

waves.gif

#32 Pinkbug

Posted 07 December 2010 - 06:47 PM

Cute sig Kathreen!

Hi everyone  original.gif xx

#33 LittleWhiteDove

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:40 PM

waves.gif

#34 RosieTea

Posted 09 December 2010 - 08:10 PM

Hi all

REbecca - are you and bub ok??

#35 tintoela

Posted 09 December 2010 - 08:52 PM

rebecca is in yamba at the moment.  Is there a problem?

#36 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:38 PM

I'm here got back today.

On Tuesday I was in hospital because contractions started at 30 weeks, meds worked and stopped them though, just resting and hoping they don't start again.

#37 tintoela

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:46 PM

rebecca - gosh i hope they hold off for you.  How do you rest with 4 kids btw?  I don't imagine it would be that easy.

#38 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:57 PM

Dh is home til Tuesday but my sisters come down from Brisbane and mum and dad took them the other day.

#39 tintoela

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:03 PM

oh thats good rebecca - make the most of it.  Sounds like bubs is going to be here sooner rather than later

#40 vetta

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:15 PM

waves.gif everyone

Sorry to hear you had a hospital trip Rebecca. I hope they don't start up again.

#41 LittleWhiteDove

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:43 PM

Oh my, Rebecca, how scary! I feel really daft for my comment on Facebook now, I thought you were just in Yamba for a minii-break! Do they have a hospital there? I thought it was in Maclean?

Fingers crossed bub behaves and stays put for another few weeks, how long until your c/s?

#42 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 15 December 2010 - 03:03 PM

We were lwd it happened before we left but was given the all clear to go. Things a little shakey ATM but hoping nothing happens and
that at least I make it to Saturday so I don't have to go to Brisbane. I do have steroids on board though so that will help if it does happen.

#43 tintoela

Posted 15 December 2010 - 03:49 PM

rebecca - glad your still hanging in there - and bubs too.  I hope you keep him in there for a while yet!

#44 Becca1605

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:17 AM

Oh man I’m so sorry I’m not keeping up.  I seem to FB and that’s about it these days!  
Congratulations on your pregnancy Paula!  So very exciting.

Good luck in TTC Maren – it’s great hubby is on board.

Rebecca – I’m so glad they managed to stop the contractions...a little longer inside is definitely best

Strom - bbighug.gif

We have been so busy...DH currently does shift work so works lots of weekends, but as of next year he is doing Mon-Fri, which will be great for family time, not so great for $$ as kids will have to go to CC 4 days per week (rather than the current 2) and he loses Sunday extra pay.  But overall I think it will be better.
Busy with Christmas parties and working.  Can’t wait until holidays – 5 more working days!  Got all the kids presents sorted, just need something for my parents – can’t work out what to get them!

#45 *No~eye~deer*

Posted 16 December 2010 - 01:45 PM

Rebecca- Fingers crossed he can stay put for a bit longer!!! Good luck.

waves.gif to everyone else! I am just catching up on the run.

Mwah

#46 tintoela

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:11 PM

hi everyone,

Just survived another summer storm here.  Its been raining for weeks and finally we get some sun and a storm each day.  

Just finished off my christmas shopping and all the presents are now wrapped and under the tree!

Paula - i'm so sorry for your loss big hugs and thinking of you at this time. sad.gif

#47 RosieTea

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:32 PM

HI all

If you didn't read it on f/b we lost our bub on wednesday.

To say I am devisated would be an understatement.

Troops-- thanks for the text xxxx

#48 Becca1605

Posted 17 December 2010 - 02:26 PM

Paula I don't think I have you on FB....but just saw in the miscarriage section.

So sorry for your loss.  Thinking of  you!

#49 LittleWhiteDove

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:04 AM

Paula, I am so very sorry bbighug.gif

Becca - sounds like an interesting few months ahead. Good luck finding a new routine that fits you all.

Rebecca - at least I don't feel so daft now! I've got everything crossed for you that bub stays put.

waves.gif and wub.gif to everyone else!

All good here, I've been really busy with lots of work, as per usual for this time of year. I've also applied to go back to uni next year, studying languages - German first up (Maren, where are you? Tounge1.gif ), plus something that's just come up this week, I'm starting a film developing business, following the closure of our local photo store. So lots of exciting stuff. Plus our house is coming together, our roof should be finished this afternoon... Then we are at a standstill until mid-Jan unfortunately, but we hope to have the outside complete by the end of Jan, and maybe even have it finished by end of Feb! So over living through renos!

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend. Good luck surviving the first week of holidays!!

xx

#50 Pinkbug

Posted 18 December 2010 - 05:29 PM

Paula, I'm so sorry to hear your news  sad.gif I can't imagine how you've been feeling, I hope you have lots of love and hugs from those around you. Thinking of you xx

LWD - Your house is going to look fantastic! Best of luck for the studies, I'm itching to do something with my brain too. I'll enrol in uni for 2012 I think.

Rebecca - your bump is so cute on fb. Do you have comparison pics of your other pregnancies in an old album on there too? I'll check next time I'm on.  original.gif Here's hoping you get no more contractions for a while.

Bec - What are you up to with work these days? I think I remember you saying you studies psych too but I'm not sure if you're still doing the book selling parties too?? Do you think the kiddies will do just fine at care for the extra days?

Much love to everyone, hope you're all enjoying the Christmas season with our big 4yr olds.  biggrin.gif I was going to get a Santa photo taken today but we'll do that tomorrow now. My boys just love going out and seeing all the decorations in the shops!

xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.