The List...

Waiting for next appointment   wwhistle.gif
JLZ
Mookie2003 (FS appt. 29/11)

Waiting for AF    rant.gif
GemmaD

On the Pill   wacko.gif
FreePlay
Awaitingourmiracle (start jabbing 19/11)

Jabbing/Sniffing/Stimming     oomg.gif
bree82 (jabbing 4/11, EPU 16/11)
kitty005 (jabbing 7/11)
squirrel10 (jabbing 8/11)
Kellz (sniffing 12/11, jabbing 13/11)

FET    unsure.gif
First One (ET around 17/11)

EPU/ET   tthumbs.gif
mickey78 (EPU 10/11, ET 15/11)

2WW   hands.gif
WittyKitty (B/T – 8/11 – woohoo!!!  A BFP!!)
Tima84 (B/T – 12/11)
146 Lucina (HPT 24/11, B/T 26/11)
moi mwah
Loopy Ivy (29/11)

Taking a break   cool.gif
fefe76

Congratulations to our Recent Graduates    ddance.gif
Red31 - October 2010
want*a*bub - October 2010
newjourney - October 2010
OwensMummy - September 2010
angellara21 - August 2010
engineerk - August 2010

Edited by mickey78, 13 November 2010 - 07:53 PM.

#3 kitty005

Posted 13 November 2010 - 06:06 PM

SILVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for the link first one - how beautiful are your animals  wub.gif

have a good evening everyone

Edited by kitty005, 13 November 2010 - 06:07 PM.

#4 146 Lucina

Posted 13 November 2010 - 06:29 PM

BRONZE

Have a great Saturday Night.

Edited by 146 Lucina, 13 November 2010 - 06:30 PM.

#5 First One

Posted 13 November 2010 - 06:42 PM

I'll take the (.)(.) prize....LOL....how appropriate!!!!

#6 Loopy Ivy

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:43 PM

Good evening   smile1.gif

I recently got my first tattoo to symbolise my IVF journey - it's a  fern frond & symbolises new life.
Showed it to mum & she showed me a baby doll she'd bought as her own symbol of my IVF journey - wow!! couldn't believe it!!!. My IVF has affected her much more than she expected (I tell her everything & she's awesome) & I was amazed with the doll - she even bought clothes for it.
Anyone else found that they adopt or seek symbols, signs, good luck charms etc... etc... to help them through this?
i'm not superstitious but when i found a playing card on footpath outside IVF clinic, picked it up & it was the 5 of hearts (i started with 5 embies), I thought it was a good "sign" & have been carrying it with me everysince!!

Anyone else done weird stuff whilst going thru IVF that they'd have never done before?
I guess if it helps you remind yourself to look forward & try & think positive, it can only be good. Just be careful you don't get OBSESSED!!  blink.gif

*** by the way, when i was jabbing I also found it helpful to take a big breath in first, then breath out slowly while i injected. helped keep hand steady & me feel more relaxed.

cheers,

#7 kitty005

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:56 PM

Edited by kitty005, 14 November 2010 - 08:33 AM.

#8 146 Lucina

Posted 14 November 2010 - 08:40 AM

You know Kitty,- When I started reading your story. I took it as a (good) sign that helped you to go see a FS earlier than you would have if you hadn't read it. Different perspectives are interesting, don't you think?  original.gif

#9 kitty005

Posted 14 November 2010 - 09:24 AM

luci -  i tend to babble, and i read over it and thought i was babbling, and than i thought it wasn't very helpful to what loopy was saying.  you are quite right it is all about perspective and i think DH saw it that way, at the time though i was very depressed and so infertility just seemed like something i just didn't have in me to cope with.  

mickey - goodluck for your transfer tomorrow  hands.gif

hope everyone is doing good x

#10 First One

Posted 14 November 2010 - 10:06 AM

Kitty, I agree with Luci....a sign isn't neccessarily something that comes from "the universe", a god figure or any other "higher being/place" - it can simply be something that you recognise in your subconcious as a trigger for action.  

I started dreaming of having a child - I choose to take that as a positive sign of hope - I don't see it as a "sign" as such but a reminder that it is possible.  

You are free to interpret your signs as you choose - that's the beauty of them - they only have special meaning to you.  So in that sense, your lovely story has every relevance to what Loopy was saying original.gif

Loopy, I think that anything that gives you positivity and hope is a good thing regardless of what it is.  I strongly believe in the power of the mind and it seeing "signs" puts you in a good frame of mind, there's nothing better original.gif

#11 146 Lucina

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:05 AM

So eloquently said first One!

#12 Caloah

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:17 AM

Wow, this group moves really fast, its great!

I just wanted to say to kitty that I found the faster I did the injections, the better. I did the first one pretty quick, no pain and no bruising. I thought I had done it too fast so the next one I did a bit slower and I got the biggest bruise from it. After that I decided to do them fast and had no bruising since. That's just my experience.

First one - very wise words, I agree totally, it all depends on your perception and to me, my mood. The other day and a lady brought her little kids aged 1 and 3 into work. Normally I get angry when people bring their little kids into work, but I was in a good mood and just smiled. The thing is, I knew that they had been conceived via IVF and it gave me hope that thay will be me someday. Any other day I probably would have ignored them, but that day it was what I needed.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Its midday here and I'm still eating breakfast.  wwhistle.gif DH is making me pancakes and he just made me one in the shape of a heart.  wub.gif

#13 Kellzz

Posted 14 November 2010 - 01:39 PM

waves.gif Ladies

Sorry I have been missing in action for a couple days but it has been hectic here this weekend...lol..today we are relaxing.

The sniffing and jabbing are going well...no bruising yet according to DH as he is the one jabbing me...lol. The sniffing well how can you forget the wonderful taste of the synarel going down the back of your throat...yucky...lol.

After our last journing with IVF which was just before my birthday, DH bought me a silver cross and a st christopher medal on a necklace to signafy the journey we are taking at the moment.

My DD cuts pictures of babies out of magazines at school and brings them home to me and calls them our baby.

Good luck to all those who are doing EPU's, ET's and BT's this week. I will be thinking of you all and praying everything goes well.

I'm going to include my txt signature today, but if it offends anyone plz let me know and i will disable it for next time.

#14 *~lotusflower~*

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:19 PM

Hi All,

Just checking in.

I hope you are all well. Please bear with me as I get used to the new lingo, I'm still trying to keep up with what everyone is doing. ( I'm sure I will be a pro before I know it).
Thanks for being so lovely and kind. I appreciate the link with the abbreviations.
bbighug.gif
tried to do a ticker for my FS appt but couldn't work it out wacko.gif . Technology and I don't mix well (he he)

#15 146 Lucina

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:42 PM

There you go Kitty and Loopy, - Your posts had some significance to everyone. I have a tree in my backyard which is the host tree to the Ulysses butterfly (it's big and metallic blue) . I had 2 chrysalis' that turned into butterflies during this cycle. I decided that that was going to signify good luck for this FET.

Mickey, - Very best of luck for your transfer (and the rest of your many blasties) tomorrow. May the force be with you! How many will you transfer?.

Mookie, I tried to do a ticker once. I didn't try very hard, but I couldn't figure it out back then either. I think there is some instructions pinned some-where.

Kellzz, - How cute is your DD. As far as your sig being offensive is concerned. Well yes - That light blue text is really hard to read,

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Luci...

#16 146 Lucina

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:42 PM

Double Post

Edited by 146 Lucina, 14 November 2010 - 09:58 PM.

#17 mickey78

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:50 PM

Evening all.

Mookie, I PM'd you regarding ticker but just ignore it if my message didn't make sense.  I found Ticker Factory (www.tickerfactory.com) quite easy (not that I've ever used one but had a play anyway).

Luci, only transferring one blastie.  Not ready to tempt fate quite yet  wink.gif .  Hope the 2WW is treating you well - might join you in the November 2WW thread after transfer.

Kellz, good to hear the sniffing and the jabbing are going well (besides the Synarel tasting yucky).  Oh, and I don't find your signature offensive at all.

Awaiting, how sweet is your DH making heart-shaped pancakes.  wub.gif

Bree, not long to go now hun!

Witty, are you up for another B/T tomorrow?  Make sure you let us know your results.

First One, blood test tomorrow for you?

Big hello to Gemma, Kitty, Squirrel, Loopy, Moi, FreePlay, JLZ, Tima, Fefe and anyone I've missed.

AFM:  Well, transfer in the morning. Have been trying (unsuccessfully at times) to avoid the 'but what if something's happened and we've lost them all' thinking which seems crazy with 12 on the go.  Not feeling too bad at the moment but just want tomorrow to hurry up and get here. Will let you all know how we get on.

--------------------------------------------
Me: 32
DH: 34
TTC #1 since Sept '09

IVF/ICSI #1 (Sept '10):  Full stim./antagonist cycle - 12 eggs, 9 ICSI'd, 5 fert, 0 blasties
IVF/ICSI #2 (Oct/Nov '10):  Full stim./antagonist cycle - 14 eggs, 14 ICSI'd, 12 fert, 5dt 15/11

Don't underestimate the value of doing nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering. ~ Piglet

Edited by mickey78, 14 November 2010 - 09:17 PM.

#18 kitty005

Posted 14 November 2010 - 10:00 PM

goodluck tommorrow mickey, hopefully its a lucky day, i have my scan first thing and whilst i know its not all about numbers i still want to see a bunch of follies nearly ready to go.

#19 146 Lucina

Posted 14 November 2010 - 10:24 PM

Kitty - Fingers crossed for lots of good follies.

Good night girls...

#20 mickey78

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:17 AM

Thanks girls!  About to head off for breaky first then to the day surgery - will update you when I get home.

#21 WittyKitty

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:36 AM

Mickey - Best of luck for today.

Kitty - hope the scan goes well today.

FirstOne - oh, not long now, hang in there and good luck. Your animals are so cute. That last pic is such a good photo.

Luci - Thinking of you in the 2ww, everything crossed for you.

Moi - I really hope this is your month.

Tima - I hope you are quiet due to good news...

Ivy - Best of luck for your 2ww, too, and I hope it goes fast.

Hello and Goodluck to everyone.

edit for clarity

Edited by WittyKitty, 15 November 2010 - 07:37 AM.

#22 kitty005

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:34 AM

hey witty  waves.gif hope everything is going good with you (and all our lovely grads)

mickey - hope it went well for you todady

luci - you and your embies calm like the serene ocean?

first one - how have your bloods gone?

bree - goodluck tomorrow, will be thinking of u

a big hello to squirrel, awaiting, mookie, kellz, gemma, moi, ivy and anyone in RSG i've missed.

afm: well i dunno how today went.  i'm going with great.  the nurse was vague and didn't give me heaps of info from the scan, which i though was a bad sign, but i could see quite a few follies (which is good).  i asked her how many i had, and she's like, oh i dont have time to go through it all with you!  i said well i'm quite anxious to know how its going, she said we'll you have "about 10'' on left ovary and "maybe 6"on right.  I don't know if they are up to size or not - she said her best guess would be about 8 or 9 mature eggs so i'm happy and grateful for that.  than i went to do bloods.  far.out.  every nurse in the clinic has NO problem taking blood, but all comment on my thin vein, and this one nurse has taken my blood 3 times before and each time she needs at least 3 attempts and i'm black and blue on both arms and hands after.  today the same story, but she wanted to do finger pricks to get my blood after the first few failed attempts.  i said, maybe just try again, as i know my veins don't normally cause problems, and DH (I could kill him) says "maybe someone else could try"  that was all he said and she starts going off at him! she was way out of line - dh just sat there whilst she gave him a mouthful.  another nurse came, took my blood first pop.  i feel terrible that the nurse took it personally and got upset.  i feel terrible she layed into DH. i feel terrible i got two dead arms.  so i'm just going to try and forget about it.

they will ring with blood results this arvo.  they dont do epu on thursdays, which is when i'll probably be ready apparently, and wednsday may be too early, so maybe going to go friday.  than there was talk of using lupron as the trigger instead of ovidril.

sorry for the me post, i'm just trying to process it all, and yes i'm happy and relieved my ovaries seem to be responding well.

#23 146 Lucina

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:45 AM

Kitty, - I was getting angry just reading that post. What does she mean she is too busy - she sounds too incompetent to me, other wise she wouldn't have a go at your DH like that.

(oh, - sorry, two dfferent people. STILL! rant.gif )

Anyway, I could go on and on, but I have to go, talk to you all this arvo.

Mickey, - I hope everything went positively swimmingly today. Can't wait to hear your results.

Cheers all, Luci...

Edited by 146 Lucina, 15 November 2010 - 12:45 PM.

#24 WittyKitty

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:35 PM

Kitty - I'm sorry that happened, like you need that on top of everything. Wow, what a b**** that nurse was. And the sonographer (sp?) ...what else has she got to do, she can't take a minute to tell you your results? I'm fuming, too. Though good news on your follies. biggrin.gif

I have my 2nd BT tomorrow. I'm hoping the numbers are going in the right direction.

#25 mickey78

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:29 PM

Afternoon ladies.

Well, transfer went really great - was actually less uncomfortable that my last papsmear. I had a hatching blastocyst transferred (which the embryologist was really pleased with) and at this stage we have 4 blastie frozies with another 6 possibles (find out tomorrow). Yay! I'm now at home having a chilled out afternoon on the couch.

Kitty, I'd be rather unimpressed with that treatment too. Good to hear though that it sounds like you got quite a few follies there.  Take care of yourself hun.

First One, how'd your bloods go today?

Witty, I'm sure those numbers will be going in the right direction.  All the best hun - can't wait to hear your results.

waves.gif Big hello to Luci, Gemma, Squirrel, Bree, Awaiting, Kellz, Mookie, JLZ, Fefe, Moi, FreePlay, Tima, Loopy and anyone I've forgotten.

--------------------------------------------
Me: 32
DH: 34
TTC #1 since Sept '09

IVF/ICSI #1 (Sept '10):  Full stim./antagonist cycle - 12 eggs, 9 ICSI'd, 5 fert, 0 blasties
IVF/ICSI #2 (Oct/Nov '10):  Full stim./antagonist cycle – 14 eggs, 14 ICSI’d, 12 fert, 5dt 15/11

Don't underestimate the value of doing nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering. ~ Piglet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.