Ready Set Go Girls #198

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
633 replies to this topic

#51 mickey78

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:59 PM

Bree, wow, 24 eggs - you don't do things by halves do you!!  Awesome that they got a great sample from your DH too.  Take it easy hun and look after yourself - lots of rest and fluids.

LG, I can't blame you for being upset about the wait hun.  I know after our first cycle failed once we decided we were going again we wanted to get straight into it, not wait around.  Hopefully a change in dose next time has you responding better.

Awaiting, not long till your jabbing away!

AFM:  Well we have a grand total of 7 frosties - not too bad since they are all blasties.  I am under insructions not to go to work tomorrow (unless I'm feeling brilliant) - looks like another day on the couch is in order.  

--------------------------------------------
Me: 32
DH: 34
TTC #1 since Sept '09

IVF/ICSI #1 (Sept '10):  Full stim./antagonist cycle - 12 eggs, 9 ICSI'd, 5 fert, 0 blasties
IVF/ICSI #2 (Oct/Nov '10):  Full stim./antagonist cycle – 14 eggs, 14 ICSI’d, 12 fert, 5dt 15/11 + 7 blasts on ice

Don't underestimate the value of doing nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering. ~ Piglet

#52 kitty005

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:09 PM

mickey - please rest tomorrow, and drink, drink and than drink some more (water that is), 7 blast on ice is fantastic.

bree - good job on the pick up, with all those eggies you need to take it easy too

LG - i'm sorry to hear your cycle got cancelled. the waiting is so hard  hhugs.gif

hi to everyone else, have a good evening x

#53 Tussycat

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:13 AM

QUOTE (bree82 @ 16/11/2010, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi ladies

Witty - I am so very sorry Hun  sad.gif

just a quick one from me - I'm off to bed.

Had EPU this arvo, went really well. The 15 eggs FS thought we'd end up with turned into 24! I am feeling way worse than I thought I would - had to have morphine, among other pain killers.

DH had his TESA today aswell, which according to the FS went really well - they got an awesome sample.

Talk later ladies

Bree x

Bree, take it easy hun.  Lots of water or vitamin water and protein to stave off the OHSS. I had 26 eggs, bought myself a tin of protein powder and made sure I had a two litre bottle of water that I finished every day.  However my clinic did warn me not to OVER do the fluids.  2 liters should be okay.  I'm sure you have all the instructions from your clinic.
I hope the pain/discomfort subsides quickly.
Best of luck with fertilisation.

#54 First One

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:17 AM

Mickey, seven frosties is simply wonderful!  Congratulations!  original.gif  Hopefully you won't need any of them this time round!

Bree, WOW!  Go girl!  24 is fabulous!  Make sure you take care of yourself now for the next week or so.  Lots of rest and water.

#55 kitty005

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:34 AM

morning everyone,

can anyone tell me if they had eggpick with a headcold? i've woken up with one and am now paranoid it will cause me problems for pickup.  i have another scan and more bloods at 11am today, and i am just  hands.gif that i get some information on what happing this cycle today.

#56 First One

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:13 AM

Morning everyone original.gif  

Mickey, Bree, hope you ladies are taking things easy original.gif

Quick update from me:  Bloods today again showed low hormone levels (actually, they're exactly the same as the last few days!) leaving me happy but nervous LOL.  But I get to skip two days BTs and next BT is on Saturday.

#57 WittyKitty

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:34 PM

Kitty - Thanks for your kind words. Have you rung the clinic about the cold? Hope you get better ASAP.

Mickey - Thanks for your support. Seven blast frosties is an awesome result and I hope you won't need them for a good long while. How are you feeling?

Luci - Thanks for thinking of me. Are you still feeling shagged, hun?

First One - Thank you for your sympathy. Good news on your BTs, always a good thing to have less of those.

Bree - Thanks for your support. Wow, what a haul! Hope you & DH both recover soon.

Awaiting - Thanks for your kind words. Good luck with the jabbing, I see you've had both clomid and IVF cycles before - how did the meds compare for you? I hated clomid, I much preferred the IVF puregon.

LG - Welcome waves.gif  Sorry to hear about you're canceled cycle. I have to wait now too *twiddles thumbs*

Hello to JLZ, Mookie, Gemma, FreePlay, Squirrel, Kellz, Tima, Moi, Loopy & Fefe.

AFM; Saw FS this morning. She seemed to think the problem was with the embryo as everything else was good. This is sad but also kind of a relief as I've had ops on the old uterus before and I was worried about scar tissues, but she said the thickness of my lining indicates that's unlikely. She has sent both DH & I off for chromosomal testing, and me for lots of tests which will require 10 vials of blood so I can't do them this week. It will take a few weeks for the results and she didn't want me to do a FT this month anyway, and unfortunately I can't do a FT in December as the clinic is moving. So it'll be a FT in Jan.  blink.gif

So I won't have any news for a while but I'll still pop in to cheer you all on happy.gif

#58 kitty005

Posted 17 November 2010 - 05:25 PM

witty - i'm glad you were able to see your FS and get the ball rolling on the testing. try to make the most of your enforced december break, i know its not easy with everything you are going through.

i had much more pleasant and helful nurses today who though the cycle was going well.  my monday scan had in total 20 follies, but the vast majority of them were on the small side. today it looks like 10 are the right size and another 6 possibles.  i'm really bloated and quite neausous (sp??) i got the ohss speach, which is fair enough as i got that with last time with 9 eggs retrieved.  my epu is scheduled for 9am friday morning.  they are not too fazed about the cold as it just sinus, no fever or anything really nasty.  ii'm just flaking it now until friday.

hope everyone is well x

#59 mickey78

Posted 17 November 2010 - 05:42 PM

Kitty, good news that you got better treatment at the clinic today.  They sound like good numbers - hopefully you get a nice egg haul and good to hear the head cold won't put a stop to anything.  Take it easy until Friday hun.

Witty, hun it is a bugger that you can't do a FET in December but hopefully the tests will shed some light in the meantime.  Definitely make sure you keep popping in and make sure you bring your pom poms - we could all do with a good cheer!

First One, when are you expecting those hormone levels to start going up?  Any idea?

Bree, hope you're taking it easy hun.

Luci, how's the 2WW treating you?  

Squirrel and Kellz, how's the jabbing going girls?  Any word on EPU dates?

Loopy, when are you due for testing?

Gemma, any sign of you know who yet?

waves.gif Big hello to Awaiting, Mookie, Fefe, Moi, Tima, JLZ, LG and anyone else I've forgotten.

AFM: Well, home again today.  Nausea has dropped off but tummy is still sore and bloated.  Going in for a scan at the clinic tomorrow just to check everything is okay.

TTC #1 since Sept '09

IVF/ICSI #1 (Sept '10):  Full stim./antagonist cycle - 12 eggs, 9 ICSI'd, 5 fert, 0 blasties
IVF/ICSI #2 (Nov '10):  Full stim./antagonist cycle – 14 eggs, 14 ICSI’d, 12 fert, 5dt 15/11 + 7 blasts on ice

Don't underestimate the value of doing nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering. ~ Piglet

#60 Kellzz

Posted 17 November 2010 - 05:52 PM

waves.gif ladies

mookie
Spoke to DR today Re:BT. It seems I am low in Vitamin D. I have to pick up a sachet to take and hopefully things will be back to norm soon.
This certainly answers a few questions re: feeling tired.

i had a low vitamin d result as well and i was told to take ostelin tablets by my nurse.

WittyKitty just want to give you big :hug:

kitty005 good luck with your EPU on monday

*LG* welcome

Bree i hope i get a good collection of eggs like you did....lol...i hope you are resting.

Mickey 7 blasties well done..

Squirrel and Kellz, how's the jabbing going girls? Any word on EPU dates?

jabbing and sniffing going ok with me. as for my EPU wont know til next monday as thats when i have my ultrasound done so i will keep you posted

a big hello to everyone else and i hope your week is going well so far.

AFM im still plodding along...im hoping i get more then 5 eggs this time round as out of that lot only 1 fertilized. but i should be grateful that i get any and i am.

Edited by Kellzz, 17 November 2010 - 05:54 PM.

#61 146 Lucina

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:04 PM

Hi Girls, how is your Wednesday?

WittyKitty - I'm glad it's not your uterus thats the problem, and I hope you find something in those 10 vials of blood that is simple to fix. Until then look after yourself, and have a glass of wine for me won't you.

First One, - Thats great that your bloods are stable. Sounds like you can go and enjoy your holiday, and Ov when you get back.

Mickey, - WOW, 7 frozen blasts. What a prize to get out of your OHSS. I hope you are feeling a bit better today. Then just a little bit worse in a week or so  wink.gif

Kitty, - Not that I really know, but I would imagine that a cold shouldn't present a problem with your EPU  shrug.gif . Hope everything (including the staff) goes well at your appointment today.

Moi, - How are you travelling? Are you feeling a bit brighter today? Tuesday is not far away now, please hang in there.

Bree, - Great work with the huge egg haul. Hope they are all travelling well today. Take care of yourself.

LG, - Hope you are feeling better today. What dose were you on if you don't mind me asking?

Awaiting, - I hope the pill is treating you well. Not long till jabbing now.

Freeplay, - You too, re the pill. When are you starting the jabbing, do you know yet?

Loopy Ivy, - How is your 2ww going? Anything? Sorry hun, when are you testing again?

Tima, - Still wishing you luck that you got a BFP last week.

Happy Simming, squirrel and Kellzz. Big hello to  Gemma, JLZ, Mookie, and fefe. fef, I hope you are not drowning in too much adoption paper work.

AFM, - Still feeling tired, But, I did do an early morning shift, after a week off work, so that would do it. Other than that, I feel totally normal today. I spoke to nurse yesterday to get my progesterone results from the other day. It was O.K at 66. Somehow got onto test dates, and she said that she is going to send me a form so I can do my BT on the same day as my HPT. Yey! - Regardless of the results, I'd have been stressing for 2 extra days. I also made an appointment with FS on my test date (24th), to discuss, what to do if it's a BFN. If a bfp then I can just dance around his office for 15 mins, as we marvel at the miracle.

Luci...

#62 First One

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:17 PM

Mickey, I don't have any expectations of anything shorter than a six week cycle - lord knows when i would ovulate within that time frame!  I'd hope they'd start doing something by this weekend......fingers crossed.....

#63 *LG*

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:24 PM

Hi ladies - quickie from me as I should be report writing  wacko.gif

Lucina - I was on 200. The nurse told me they can go anything up to 450. I found it hard enough to keep the needle still at 200! wink.gif For my IUI my average dose was 125.

Ok, better go and finish these reports!

#64 GemmaD

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:59 AM

Hi Ladies,

So sorry I havent posted for a while I have kind of been in limbo land in my head. I have been reading every day though and its great to see our little group growing!

Mickey - First up hun WELL DONE! eexcite.gif I am so happy for you. I really think this is your time however if it is not you have 7 whole back ups. You must be so happy.

Kitty - When is your EPU? I saw your post about having a head cold. Did you get an answer from your clinic?

First One - I kind of lost track as to what happended with you? You were doing IVF at the same time as me but I missed what happended?

Bree - What an amazing number of eggs! I ended up with 4 and I felt terrible so I cant even imagine how you feel. How are they travelling?

Lucina - Praying for that BFP.gif for you honey.

Hello to everyone else and all the newbies! I look forward to hearing your journey.

AFM - Well I have just been travelling along waiting for AF as I am on a momnth break. I am on day 28 and normally have a 30 day cycle so not too long now and I start again on the dreaded synarel. sad.gif For those of you who remember I ended up with 4 eggs last time and none of them fertilised so no egg transfer. In fact it was very wierd as none of them did anything at all. It is really starting to hit me again this time that I may have to deal with this major disappointment again and it will be smack bang before Xmas. Any way as my hubby says I have to keep positive. They are putting me on 300u of gonal F this time (I was on 150 last time) and I am going to be monitored every second day by scans so that is good. Just hands.gif for our bbabyflip.gif to come meet us!!!!

Gem x x x

#65 bree82

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:30 PM

Sorry for the cut and paste - feeling pretty crap still

Hi everyone!

Out of our 24 eggs, 21 were able to be injected - and of those 16 have fertilised. We are pretty impressed. Our clinic does 5 (0r 6) day transfers - which means that we are looking at transfer on sunday. Fingers crossed for some in the freezer!

Sorry to be slack with personals, but the clinic has me on bed rest ( worried about OHSS) not to mention that it still hurts to sit.

Thinking of you all.

Bree x

Edited by bree82, 05 December 2010 - 10:03 PM.

#66 kitty005

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:07 PM

gemma - its great to hear from you, and you'll get to get going again soon.  it must be so nerve racking, but the increased dose and monitoring will make the cycle different, will be keeping everything crossed for you.  my epu is tomorrow morning, my cold is making me miserable, but it is just a simple cold, all in the nose my gp and the clinic are happy to go ahead.

bree - congratulations on ferts hun that fantastic!

kellz - goodluck with the scan on monday.

firstone - hope you have a great holiday, i'm sure your body just wants you to have a little break and will "o" when you get back.

awaiting - happy jabbing tomorrow

mickey, luci - how are you guys holding up in the dreaded 2ww?

a big hello to everyone else

#67 mickey78

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:52 PM

Evening all.

Bree, take it easy hun - lots of rest and fluids.  And 16 fertilised is a great number!  Hopefully you get quite a few of those go through to blast - 16 is certainly a fabulous starting point.  

First One, got my fingers crossed for you hun.

Gemma, good to hear AF shouldn't be too far away.  I am  hands.gif  with everything I have got that this cycle is a successful one for you.  It's really important that you stay positive - last time will play on your mind every now and then but don't let those thoughts take over.  A higher dose and some closer monitoring has to bring some results.

Kitty, all the best for your EPU tomorrow!  Hope that headcold has eased off for you.  Make sure you let us know how you get on.

Awaiting, good luck with the jabbing tomorrow.

Luci, how's the wait going hun?

Squirrel, when is your EPU?

Grads, I know you all  ninja.gif sometimes - hope things are travelling along nicely for you all.

waves.gif Big hello to Mookie, Kellz, Witty, Tima, Fefe, Moi, Loopy, JLZ, LG and anyone else I've forgotten.

AFM: Went to work today but took it easy.  Dropped into the clinic and saw the FS this morning - he thinks just a mild case of OHSS as I seem to be on the improve (though still have a bit of fluid in my tummy) so he isn't too worried at this stage.  Can't believe I'm 8dpt already - only 8 more to go till I can test (though not sure I'll last that long but stupidly promised DH I'd test Thursday at the earliest...).

TTC #1 since Sept '09

IVF/ICSI #1 (Sep '10):  Full stim./ant.cycle - 12 eggs, 9 ICSI'd, 5 fert, 0 blasts
IVF/ICSI #2 (Nov '10):  Full stim./ant. cycle -14 eggs, 14 ICSI’d, 12 fert, 5dt 15/11 + 7 blasts on ice

Edited by mickey78, 18 November 2010 - 07:53 PM.

#68 mickey78

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:54 PM

Ready, Set, Go Girls

The List...

Waiting for next appointment   wwhistle.gif
JLZ
Mookie2003 (FS appt. 29/11)
*LG*
MelissaInMelbourne

Waiting for AF    rant.gif
GemmaD

On the Pill   wacko.gif
FreePlay

Jabbing/Sniffing/Stimming     oomg.gif
squirrel10 (jabbing 8/11)
Kellz (jabbing 13/11)
Awaitingourmiracle (jabbing 19/11)

FET    unsure.gif
First One (ET around 26/11)

EPU/ET   tthumbs.gif
bree82 (EPU 16/11, ET 21/11)
kitty005 (EPU 19/11)

2WW   hands.gif
Tima84 (B/T 12/11)
moi mwah (B/T 23/11
146 Lucina (HPT & B/T 24/11)
mickey78 (HPT 26/11)
Loopy Ivy (B/T 29/11)

Taking a break   cool.gif
fefe76
WittyKitty

Congratulations to our Recent Graduates    ddance.gif
Red31 - October 2010
want*a*bub - October 2010
newjourney - October 2010
OwensMummy - September 2010
angellara21 - August 2010
engineerk - August 2010

Edited by mickey78, 20 November 2010 - 01:58 PM.

#69 146 Lucina

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:56 PM

Hi All,

Kitty, - Good luck for your pick up tomorrow. I hope your cold miraculously clears up over night.

Bree, - the cut and paste is fine, you just look after yourself. Thanks for letting us know. 16 fertilised is great, you clever thing. Good luck for your transfer on Sunday.

Gemma, - Not long to go now. Hope the synarel is not too bad for you this time. Don't worry too much about this cycle. Look how different Mickeys outcome was compared to the last. The monitoring will help with your nerves. Thanks for the pray's hun. It would be a miracle  hands.gif .

Kellzz, - Hope you see lots of great follies tomorrow.

Mickey, - I'm guessing you are travelling reasonably well in your 2ww so far. You have such great little blasties, they are probably snuggling in as we speak. Do you have a different BT date? Because I think the clinic has acknowledged that its doing our heads in. (I'm now doing mine on the same day. 24th). And thanks, My 2ww has been predictable, - Up and Down.
Ahh Mick, Your list is invaluable, you know I'd be lost without it, our group is so big now.

Awaiting, - Exciting stuff for you tomorrow. The bit that goes quick.

Loopy, - How loopy are you? You've been quiet in your 2ww.  bbighug.gif  When will you test?

LG, - Hope your new dose does it for you. It should be great. What a lovely sig, by the way!

Hi to, - JLZ, Mookie, FreePlay, Squirrel, First One, Tima, Moi, fefe, and our Grads...

AFM, - Woke up Dr Jeckle and will go to sleep Mr Hide. Am being optimistic for a good result now. It is Lucky November after all.  biggrin.gif

#70 GreenEyedGirl

Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:03 PM

Hello everyone, keep popping in from time to time

Not much happening in my life, still finding more out about adopting from Pakistan ... meanwhile i am busy grouting, painting, stripping paint off windows etc on the new house !

hope everyone is well, sorry no personals as really didnt read too many posts

xxx

#71 MelissaInMelbourne

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:42 AM

Hello all
Just very new to AC and wanted to introduce myself. Wishing you all the best!
I've got my first nurse & counselling original.gif & accounts sad.gif appointments today ... getting ready for my first AC cycle in January 2011 (when the medicare safety net resets). It's all very strange & overwhelming but a relief after a year of timed BDing, followed by lots of POAS and BFNs. Feel more uplifted just taking the next step.

We had thought about IUI but due to DH's minor motility issue & the statistical success rates, we decided IVF instead. I'm almost 38 (I may even get lucky to do the harvesting on my birthday - it's about the right time!) so given my age we were also swayed by the possible opportunity to freeze some embryos made out of 38 year old eggs ... we can only hope! So it's a stimulated cycle for us .... FS is recommending ISCI as well.

We're keen to go in Jan because I've got overseas work commitments in Feb, and from March onwards, work will start to get busier & more stressful, so Jan would be our best shot (& maybe, just maybe, we could get lucky first go. Not holding my breath, know the stats ... but just hoping very much!).  

One problem is, my period is due to start 28 Dec ... so am currently also trying acupuncture to delay my period to fit in with the medicare dates!! I used acupuncture earlier in 2010 when TTC naturally & must say, getting acupuncture just after ovulation & then one week later seemed to turn my normal 28-29 day cycle into a 35-37 day cycle, so hopefully unsure.gif hopefully hopefully this can happen again. FS suggested the pill but since I've had bad reactions in the past, that's a no goer. So let's see if the wonders of acupuncture can help again. (Will report back).

Even though I'm not looking forward to the sticking and jabbing and sniffing and whatever else I've got ahead of me, I'm feeling more positive to be doing something. Nervous about my appointment today - do I really have to learn how to jab myself?  (DH has refused: he said he just can't, that it would make him feel sick. I'm lucky to have got him to agree to IVF anyway, so I can't push him here).  Well, I guess I'll find out in around an hour original.gif

Anyway, cheers everyone, and hello again,
Melissa

#72 Kellzz

Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:53 AM

waves.gif Ladies

(kids mentioned)

MelissaInMelbourne Welcome to the wonderful mad house of the ivf journey....hope your stay here is short and sweet.

Well i got a phone call this morning to say they have changed my appointment time on monday from 11am to 1030am...it wouldnt be so bad if i just lived around the corner but i live 4 hrs away this means a 4am start for us as i have to get DD2 ready to catch the plane to sydney as she is going to meet the nsw premier along with 3 other girls from her school. they are being picked up at 515am to catch the plane 2hrs away, so as soon as they leave we have to as well.

The past 2 nights I have been getting headaches just before i go to sleep which is driving me nuts..lol

Anyway better go as I have to put this laptop on charge before it goes flat..

Hope everyone has a good day today..

#73 kitty005

Posted 19 November 2010 - 01:44 PM

Hi everyone, just a quick update from me.  my cold was a fair bit better this morning and the egg pick up went pretty well, got 12 eggs, so am happy that.  at home on the couch now, the usual soreness.  I have a question though, i've been told to take prognova (sp?) tablets, and i have not had these before and i don't understand why this time i am on them, than i read the pack and it talks about menopose and not to take it when you are pregnant??? so i'm confused, if anyone has any ideas that would be great (i have called the clinic, still waiting to hear from them). last time i was on pregnyl which i am not on this time.  my blood pregnancy test is for the 8th dec, which is three weeks away! is this normal now? aggghhh

hope everyone is going good x

#74 bree82

Posted 19 November 2010 - 03:07 PM

Kitty - Glad the cold was a fair bit better today - and well done on the 12 eggs! Can't help you with the medications though - I hope the clinic gets back to you soon.  Rest up hun hhugs.gif

Bree x

Edited by bree82, 05 December 2010 - 10:05 PM.

#75 MelissaInMelbourne

Posted 19 November 2010 - 05:35 PM

kitty - take care of yourself, I haven't been through it myself yet, but they tell me this is a time to be kind to yourself, so pls tlc yourself, ok? Nice lukewarm bath, good book, a massage?  Best of luck. It sounds like a good number of eggs. If only I can be so lucky!

Kellzz - hang in there original.gif I know it's hard. Can you do acupuncture or massage or something to reduce the stress on your body?  Lots of studies have said that helps.

For me, just had my first nurse/counselling appointments.  Yes had to learn to give injectiions but it wasn't so bad (not pleasant but ok).  But one of the reasons we NEED a Jan cycle is that in Feb I'm working in Asia and it's completely unworkable.  Even my end of Jan cycle blood test is going to have to be done somewhere wholly unusual because of my work travel & they find that hard & difficult and it's causing multiple issues with the accounts/nurse people right now. (I know, that's the least of my worries. But still - I will want to officially know if PG or not!).  Right now I'm hoping that Lord Howe Island can do a PG blood test, and maybe some hospital in Kuala Lumpur can do an embryo transfer of embryos frozen in Melbourne (if the Jan live embryo doesn't work) .... does anyone know how transport of embryos works.....? I'm guessing hand luggage with a portable freezer .....?
Or should I just wait until March when work stress kicks in?
Tossing up between the relatively stress-free international travel work environment (jetlagged but teach 3hrs a day so otherwise have lots of time to unwind) compared to the stressful melbourne environment (60 hr weeks) ... plus cost ....not sure yet what I'll decide. A Jan pregnancy would certainly solve a lot of hurdles!!!

Yes its a stimulated IVF ISCI cycle with cetrotide, ovidrel, crinone to look forward to.
And yes, did learn how to inject myself today. Wasn't too bad. Not something I'd choose to do - but the outcome is cetainly worth it.

Best wishes to all for fantastic outcomes. Isn't technology wonderful? No matter the downsides to AC/IVF/IUI - at least we have the choice. A few hundred years ago, we'd be the scorned women who couldn't produce (&  even if MFI, we'd be blamed). At least this way we have the chance of children.....  maybe I'm an optimist at heart original.gif

We've got another issue with sex-selection. I know it's illegal in AUS except for medical reasons. My DH has got ED (not something you'd wish on anyone!!) but so has his only brother. Same ED, and lifelong - ie can do it themselves, but neither have ever climaxed inside anyone, either of them.  One reason why I'd be cautious about boy babies. Not rejecting the idea, mind you, but the coincidence of 2 guys having this same problem is minimal ... it's likely genetic. But there's also .... likelihood of aspergers (both sides of the gene pool) & some family autism (also male-related). What are everyone's experiences of getting PGD to choose sex / exclude such disorders ? Would welcome postings...

wishing everyone well,
regards, Melissa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.