144 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 18 November 2010 - 03:50 AM

New thread time ladies

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=840792

#2 Small Potatoes

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:01 AM

Quick post to catch the thread.

Mum is moving down the coast today yay.  Hopefully get some baby sitting or help when I am not welll.

#3 bec8112

Posted 18 November 2010 - 08:18 AM

Quick one cause I should be getting ready for ethan's playgroup.

Mands - that's so good about your mum moving. Where did she live before?

#4 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:24 AM

Quick one from me too...

Anyone up for a catch up on Monday? Nadia is in daycare so it will just be Aidan and I. I can travel anywhere within an hour I suppose. Just dont want to go too far away in case daycare calls.

Bec - that video of Hannah is just gorgeous. Aidan is just as chubby as she is. Dont you love fat bubbas!

Mands - yay on your mum being closer. It will be a big help when your little one arrives. Are you feeling any better? Got any belly pics to share?

Off to do housework today. Bleah!

BBL

Sharna

#5 Small Potatoes

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:43 AM

Monday sounds good.  I will probably have both the kiddies as Danny has been looking at trips to bid on.

there is a place at loganholme called lolly pops taht is an indoor play center, but that might be a bt far for beck though if you go down that gateway it wouldn't be any further than me coming into Brissy more from the GC.

Sharna I don't really have much of a belly.  I seem to be smaller than I was with Will and I am already 15 weeks.

Bec Mum was in Brissy

Just had a girl in my DIG who's baby has Downs Syndrome - very sad.

#6 bec8112

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:21 PM

Monday - I should be ok for Monday but will have to check with my Mum as she is picking up Ethan on her way home from Kingscliffe. He will be in daycare so would only be Hannah & I.

Mands - is that place easy to find? Oh that is terrible about the down syndrome baby, it would be heart breaking for the parents.  Are they keeping the baby?  

#7 meeskamouska

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:49 AM

Not sure about Monday at this stage. Its a long way to come for me to come just so Charlee can play for an hour. Also Paul is home Monday & we haven't seen him for 3 weeks. Don't miss his crap but I do miss him.

I made my own hair conditioner yesterday. I've been wanting to d othis for ages. It could not of been easier. It took a whole of 5 minutes to make. Its exceptionally good quality as well. I surprised myself how conditioning it is. Salon quality.
Here's a link if anyone is thinking about making it
http://www.aussiesoapsupplies.com.au/Condi...ier-pr-494.html
it helps if u add a teeny bit of this too
http://www.aussiesoapsupplies.com.au/Dimethicone-pr-718.html
(The dimethicone is what they use in hair serum. So if your a serum girl as I am. U can simply use the dimethicone on its own too. The Loreal serum I used to buy was $25 for 50mls so it works out extremely better value.)
I also add hydrolysed wheat protein & jojoba oil to the conditioner but you can just simply add water to the emulsifying conditioner base.
I put it in a sauce bottle I got for $1.50.
It'll make between 2 & 4 litres.

Hope u have a good one girls.

#8 meeskamouska

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:50 AM

Better let me knoe if u decide to make it & I'll guide u thru the basic steps for your first go.

#9 bec8112

Posted 19 November 2010 - 02:43 PM

Nat - conditioner sounds great, I am way to lazy to do those things and time is limited most days  sad.gif

#10 Fabulous

Posted 19 November 2010 - 03:11 PM

Nat- that conditioner sounds awesome. My girls are always catching nits so we go through tonnes of conditioner , probably not good for their skin at all.

Us- Jack and Chelsea both have a rash and a few days ago they had high temps. It loked like a heat rash this morning but now Jack's is blotchy as well. He hasn't had the chicken pox vacc. Chelsea had it but a student nurse did it and I noticed that lots of fluid came out as she removed the needle so maybe she didn't do it properly. Just glad it wasn't one of the other vaccinations. I can't see any blisters or anything. Anyway I will be taking them both to the Dr's this arvo.

#11 bec8112

Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:09 PM

Ros - how are the kiddies?

#12 Fabulous

Posted 20 November 2010 - 12:05 PM

Bec- the Dr said it looks like heat rash or a viral rash. I don't think it's heat rash because they both had it and Jack is still covered in an extensive rash today including his face.

Went to some night markets last night and there were 2 cloth nappy makers. One from nifty naps ( a lady on NA has this) and the other was green bums. Anyone heard of green bums?

#13 meeskamouska

Posted 20 November 2010 - 01:06 PM

YES!!!!!!
I know Ally from a soaping forum!! She makes soap.
I didn't realise she lived in WA actually. Just went & looked on her site & its definitely her. She does the firefly collective too Ros.
Did u indulge in anything?? Supposing your a bit like me, almost at the end of nappying.
If u see her again Ros say hi & tell her u know me. My ITR name is Natalie. She'll know me as Missnatty.
What a small world.
Were her nappies nice??

#14 themelster

Posted 20 November 2010 - 04:24 PM

Hello lovely ladies,

Quiet day here.  Been out and looked at a few houses to see what our opions are when we go down to one salary.  Hopefully we will be able to keep this place but it's nice to know what else is out there if we do need to down-grade.

Nat - your conditioner sounds lush.  I haven't had a chance to jump onto the link and have a squizy.  Only because I know I wouldn't have the time to put it together at the moment.  I went out and grabbed some of the organics range from Woolies the other day and I actually don't mind it.  It's not bad for $4 a big bottle.  Probably lots of stuff in it that I don't need/want, but it will do for now.  It's not so much the time of making the conditioner, but sourcing all of the ingredients etc.

Sharna - I'd love to catch up on Monday but won't be able to.  Mondays are my busy day at work.  Boo.
You'll get a chuckle out of this - I learnt to tumble-turn in the pool this week.  I'm chuffed.  It needs some, aherm, finessing, to say the least....  But I'm still pretty chuffed.  I just googled it and watched a few video's and then gave it a crack.  My swimming is really coming along.

Mands - It will be nice having your mum closer.  I often wish my Mum was closer to us.  Perhaps she would be more willing to see Tom a bit more often that way.  
That is terrible news about the lady in your DIG.  I can't imaging what they must be going through at the moment.  I don't know what I would do in that situation.  I don't think you could know unless you had been through it.

Ros - I hope the kids get better soon.  Are they unwell with it?  Or just rashy?  Sicknes, blah.  We have sickness in this household too.  It seems to be cold after cold after cold.  I'm a tad over it.  I think (hope) we are coming to the end of it now.

Toilet training.  Well, well well, today I thought I'd just try chucking some undies on Tom around the house.  See how he goes.  He's never wee'd in the potty before so I didn't like my chances.  He's sat on it plenty.  Dragged it around the house, put toilet paper in it etc but never actually done anything in it.  Today, since wacking him in undies, he's wee'd in it twice!!   biggrin.gif   The second time we were down in the yard playing footy and he stopped, grabbed his willy and said "wee wee in potty", so I took him upstairs thinking he'd just muck around but he sat on his potty and wee'd.  I think I over-reacted I was so proud of him.  I know we have a looong ways to go, but it's a good start!  And he looks like such a grown up little boy in his undies!   wub.gif

On another note.  Anyone here into acupuncture and/or chinese herbs.  I am weaning off of my AD's (it's been 3 weeks since my first decrease) and although I think I'm doing ok, I want to give myself every chance so am thinking about seeing going to a natural health clinic and chatting to one of the practitioners about acupuncture and chinese medicines.  I know it can't hurt, but I also don't want to waste my money.

Sorry for the long post.  I hope everyone is well.  Are we still thinking about a girls night out?

#15 bec8112

Posted 20 November 2010 - 07:33 PM

Mel - that's great about Tom and the potty :-) he will have it in no time :-) he sounds like he is speaking really well too :-)

monday - I won't be able to make it now as I have some stuff I have to do.

Girls night - I am not sure about how it would work for me as I live too far from the city to catch a train home on my own and I could not afford to stay in the city. Keep me updated if you all organise something and I will see what happens.

Not sure if i told you all but I am going back to work on January 24th. 3 days a week again.

#16 themelster

Posted 20 November 2010 - 08:41 PM

Wow Bec, so soon.  How do you feel about that?  Are you happy with it?  Or is it a case of finances.  Who will look after the kidlets?
Yeah, Tom is talking really well now.  I posted a video on facebook a few days ago singing "It's raining, it's pouring".  So cute.  He just memorises things.  Pretty funny.

#17 bec8112

Posted 20 November 2010 - 09:00 PM

Mel - mixture of finances and other stuff. I am kind of looking forward to it though. Both kids will go to daycare on Monday, my mum will look after them on tuesday and dave's mum look after them on Wednesday. I will have to look at your video soon, I cannot see on my iPhone for some reason.

#18 bec8112

Posted 20 November 2010 - 09:03 PM

Hannah will be 7 months when I go back to work and that is the same age I went back to work when Ethan was a baby.

Hannah is 5 months today. Time goes way too fast :-( My last baby is growing too fast.

#19 themelster

Posted 20 November 2010 - 09:28 PM

Good on you Bec. I couldn't have done it at 7 months. I was still a sleep deprived mental case!

#20 bec8112

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:10 PM

Mel - that video of Tom is awesome! He is such an amazing speaker, Ethan is well behind him!

#21 meeskamouska

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:52 AM

Wow Bec... going back to work. Good for you.

Mel - Charlee doesn't speak anywhere near as good as Tom either. We're pretty much a one or two word child still. I don't mind. Bella makes up for it . She never stops.

Paul is home today. Its been 22days...isn't that insane!! I miss him but I don't. Starting to realise how much easier things are around here without him here. Isn't that terrible to actually say that. Its the truth though.
I got a centrelink backpay this morning for FTB. I don't even know how we even got it. I thuoght for sure we'd be over but no. Nice little deposit to get us thru xmas. Yay!! Now I can go xmas shopping for the girls. I can't wait. I'm going to get them both the same...LOL. Saves arguements. I'll get them the 'Loving Family' grande doll house each. I'm so excited for them its a gorgeous doll house. Xmas will be big this year for me with my family from Sydney. Looking forwar to it. My Dad hasn't been up for 12 yrs.

Better head. Busy day here that needs to begin.
Hope u have a good one.

Is anyone meeting up today??

#22 Small Potatoes

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:12 AM

Mel How clever is Tom, that is better than Will.

nat I quite often think things are easier when Danny is at work, however not at the moment as I am actually used to having him at home.  When the flying settles down and he goes back to normal rosters I find it easier when he is away as I think he finds it hard to slot back in when he is away so much.

Bec I can't believe how time is flying.  5 months already.

AFM As long as the rain isn't too bad we go to site this week  eexcite.gif .  I am soo happy I am about to start crying (though I cry at almost anything these days being a 3rd pregnancy).  The max build time should take us to the 10th of June, so about 6 weeks after baby is due.  The site supervisor told Danny that rain shouldn't hold us up to much as we have great access (the drive way and a fire access road along another side) and the site shouldn't get too boggy either.

Also DH goes away for 10 days tomorrow. sad.gif.  He is taking me to brekky for my b'day in the morning before he leaves and then is going to take me to dinner and gold class to see Harry Potter when he gets back.  

I am very proud of myself as I got both the windscreens replaced on the cars.  The commodore had a little chip but there were a couple of cracks that made it to big for a repair and the Mazda had a MASSIVE crack that splintered across 1/3 of the windscreen.

I am also madly trying to get my tax return in before the end of the year so I can apply for the govts paid maternity leave.

#23 bec8112

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:28 AM

Mands - that is awesome about the build starting, it is so exciting.

Sorry kids just woke up so BBL

#24 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:45 AM

Will BBL to catch up.

Mands - I wont be able to do a catch up today. I have a cold and pulled a muscle in my neck.

Torticollis - I think I have really pulled/twinge a muscle nerve in my neck. It is so stiff and sore and I cant turn my head. I am going to try to get a massage sometime today.

Will post more later. Gotta run Nadia to daycare. Fingers crossed I dont have to look left very often. lol

Sharna

#25 Small Potatoes

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:51 AM

Sharana I had assumed that as we hadn't really organised anything it was kind of off.  DH goes away tomorrow so want to spend time with him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.