October 08 Parents # 65

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
144 replies to this topic

#26 meeskamouska

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:24 PM

Well seems as though my gut was trying to tell me something this morning.
Paul & I split not long after I posted this morning.
Enrolled for a parenting payment & with the CSA so seems as though it'll b permanant this time.
He didn't even make it home before picking a fight & getting angry at me.
What does one do? I will do my best not to cave in & go back though he doesn't want that anyway.
So all for the best i suppose. Not really feeling anything ATM...numb might b the word. I think it will be the best thing for me. Might actually b able to think straight for a change.
So there it is...I'm a single woman.
sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif
Not going to tell Bella for a bit...see how things ride out. Will just tell her Paul had to work longer than he realised. Don't know where he is or anything anyway.

God give me strength not to go back.

#27 themelster

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:57 PM

Wow Nat.  You are such a strong woman.  You will be ok - I know you will.  You'll find that strong, independent inner self and do what is best for your happiness and the happiness of our beautiful family.  It will be hard telling the kids but it is in their best interest to have a happy, fulfilled mama bear.  What will happen with your living arrangements?  Who owns the property you live in now?  Both of you?  If you need anywhere to stay, we have a spare room and would love to have you.  Although I am sure you have people around you now who would fall over themselves to help you out.  I just wanted to put my hand up there too.  If there is anything you need at all, please ask.  And I sincerely mean that.   bbighug.gif

#28 meeskamouska

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:36 PM

Thankyou Mel, that means alot to me.
I own the house here but the mortgage is in both names so will probably sell it. Get a fresh start.There's no real hurry though after speaking to Paul earlier he would be happy if i sold it tomorrow to be honest.
I look forward to finding myself again. That independant woman that once was. Might actually b able to breath for once. I'm glad he hasn't been here for 3 weeks already. It'll make it easier.
I feel so disposable today. I kinda always knew I came 3rd place with Paul. His job, the kids then me. & probably his dogs come in there & put me 4th. He said today he was just going to quit his job & come home & sort things out & then changed his mind & decided breaking up with me was the best thing to do instead. When things get tuff for him he just leaves me. Throws me away. I can't live like that, he makes me feel worthless & I know I'm not.
So I'm moving forward & trying to stay positive. Ha!! See what tomorrow brings or a long night feeling sorry for myself.LOL.

#29 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:26 PM

Nat - you are such a strong woman, you just dont see it yourself! You are doing such an amazing job raising two gorgeous girls and most of the time you are by yourself while Paul has been away. Whether this is taking a break or going your separate ways I know you will surprise yourself with the inner strength and resolve you are going to discover you have. We women are born with it. original.gif

When it is needed we can draw deep from our well of fortitude and find a fearsome and wonderous tigress (mumma bear with claws) who with a pocket full of change, two hours sleep, a loaf of bread and butter, string and sequins and a never ending box of tissues or bandaids can make the world go round for the people that matter most... her family original.gif

Nadia, Aidan and I are hugging you all right now ...

Sharna

#30 bec8112

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:56 PM

Nat - huge hugs to you, I don't have time to write now but if you need anything just let me know. I also gave a spare room if you need it. If you want to come and have a coffee just let me know.

#31 meeskamouska

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:44 PM

Thanks Girls.
Could one ask for a better bunch of friends.

#32 Small Potatoes

Posted 23 November 2010 - 06:32 AM

Nat I am sorry to hear your news, but you are such an amazing woman, so independant and strong.  We are hear if you need some shoulders if stop feeling numb.

#33 bec8112

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:41 AM

Just a super quick one to say

Happy Birthday Mands

#34 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:04 AM

Happy Birthday Mands

#35 themelster

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:04 PM

I hope to have a great biffy Mands!!!!

Nat - how are you feeling this morning?

#36 meeskamouska

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:42 PM

God my day is crap.
I just yelled at Bella & now I'm bawling.
I'm so angry its not funny. I feel like a pressure cooker ready to explode.
I can't even type what I feel there is so much I'd be there a week.
I'm so sorry for the downer.
God I wish I could run away.

#37 meeskamouska

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:43 PM

A Big Happy Birthday to you Mands.

#38 Fabulous

Posted 23 November 2010 - 05:49 PM

Nat- sorry to hear about your break-up. He sounds very blase about the whole thing which I find hard to understand. Big hugs to you and your kiddies. It must be really tough at the moment but I'm sure you will feel so much more liberated not too far down the track, it really doesn't seem like P was giving you the respect you deserve. You have some beautiful friends within this group.  wub.gif

Mands- happy birthday.  smile1.gif I hope you have a great birthday. I dread mine since I hit 30, 6 years ago.  unsure.gif

#39 themelster

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:57 PM

Hey Nat, I'm taking a sickie on Thursday to look after Tom whilst mark goes to the ashes. If you want to catch up, just let me know. We could meet halfway somewhere.

#40 bec8112

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:29 AM

Mel - Dave is going to the Ashes on Thurs too.  I have to take Ethan to Speechie group on Thurs morn though so would not be able to catch up until the arvo if you and Nat were going to catch up.

Nat - how are you this morning?

#41 themelster

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:38 AM

I'm definitely up for a catch up in the arvo Bec. Would love to see you.

#42 bec8112

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:44 AM

Mel - I could probably do around 2.30 or so. We will wait to hear from Nat and see what she says and where would 1/2 way for her be????

Hannah woke up at 7am this morning ( usual ) and then I got up and did all my usual things and started to make her bottle and she fell asleep again! It is now 7.45am and she is still asleep.  We have to go out at 8.30am as I have a hair appointment so hoping she wakes soon. Lucky Ethan is not here so I only have to organise 1 child.

I am meeting up with a few Mums this arvo from my June 10 mummies  biggrin.gif

#43 themelster

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:49 AM

Cool. Let's see what Nat says. 2.30 is good for me though. Not sure where halfway would be.

#44 meeskamouska

Posted 24 November 2010 - 12:52 PM

Hey Girls.
Charlee is at daycare tomorrow & Bell finishes school at 2:45.
I possibly could get mum to pickup Bell for me even though she has her today already.
I want to keep busy.
Where were u thinking???
I can meet anywhere really but would prefer not to go all the way to Brisbane. I'm just not up for it ATM.
On Becs side is probably the best for me.
Where we met last time at Deception Bay does that work?? Or near there???? Anywhere.....
Sharna/Mands - did u want to come as well??

Getting my hair done this arv. It might cheer me up.
I'm gutted today. I feel numb. Alcohol is about the only thing keeping me going today. He's avoiding me completely. Won't txt or talk to me. Won't take the girls for me. Nothing. Its like he's died or fallen off the side of the earth or something. What do u do?? Its probably for the best. I won't make anymore contact with him. Like to see him deal with how he's feeling & take care of 2 children.

#45 themelster

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:26 PM

What about go wild at strathpine?  Sorry for the short message - trying to type and drive at the same time...

#46 Fabulous

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:32 PM

Sorry to hear that Nat, it really sux. I have noticed that the ladies in the sole parent section give out good advice about steps to take in a break-up. Big hugs.

#47 Small Potatoes

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (themelster @ 24/11/2010, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What about go wild at strathpine?  Sorry for the short message - trying to type and drive at the same time...

too naughty Mel  wink.gif .

I won't come as it is a bit late and a bit far.

Kind of bummed (and I know I shouldn't be especially with your dramas Nat). Mr O has been off gluten all week and his poos have been great.  DH gave him white bread for lunch on Monday and this morning his poo was disgusting.  Like Wills was before his diagnosis.   sad.gif

#48 meeskamouska

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:51 PM

Don't feel bad Mands, Hell life goes on around my dramas.
Off to see where Strathpine is??

#49 bec8112

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:54 PM

Mel/Nat - we can meet at my house if you want or Strathpine would be ok too.  I am easy but as long as it is around 2.30pm.

Mands - Oh no thats terrible about Mr O, can you get him checked to see if he is the same as Will???

Nat - huge hugs, I cannot imagine what you are feeling. I cannot believe Paul is totally avoiding you, that is just him being an a*se in my opinion. He should be trying to help with the girls and at least talking to you about this whole thing!

#50 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 24 November 2010 - 02:59 PM

Nadia is in daycare tomorrow so I could probably make it. Not sure what Dan wants to do though as he is off tomorrow also. Not the cricket btw.. he just doesnt get the game at all. Imagine if you can trying to explain cricket to someone who hasnt grown up watching/playing it. The rules are a bit funny arent they? I didnt realise how pointless running between some sticks hitting a ball with another stick sounded till I took time to explain it to him. Hope the boys have a good time though original.gif

I dont really know where Strathpine is either.. lol but I have a kickass GPS that hasnt put me in the wrong direction yet so will be able to figure it out.

Will check back later to see what the decision is.

Doing the bridge climb on saturday with my neice. I bought it as a gift for her birthday. Anyone done it before?

Sharna

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.