April 09 Parents # 42

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

#51 bron23

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:52 PM

Deb to be perfectly honest I didnt really notice the difference going from one to two kids. Its really not double the work because you are already doing most of it with the first if that makes sense. I imagine going to three would be more difficult as there are not enough hands!

Sorry no persies. Getting slammed with housework here. Hannah is super excited to be starting school soon and Imogen is just dancing her way through each day as usual. I really do suspect Imogen will grow up and be a ballerina or a chef. As soon as the music is on she puts her feet in first and off she goes. Every session she either bows or curtsys  which is very cute. Her other great love is cooking. As soon as we are getting any cooking ready she runs squealing to the kitchen table and drags a chair over to the bench so she can help. Although her idea of helping is mostly pouring things into bowls and sampling wink.gif

Hope everyone is doing well. Thinking of Bec and Jess and hope you get a nice speedy painless labour. Well we can dream right?

Happy Australia Day!

#52 Juni

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:12 PM

Deb - is there a particular reason for why you are worried?  Its a bit of a change to go from 1 to 2 and I have heard its much easier to go from 2 to 3 because you've already sorted out your multi tasking routine by then!  The first few years are the hardest because you just have to intervene so much more with the younger kids and then I'm hoping it gets a bit easier! wink.gif  .. maybe less intensive..  I'm not sure if I've found it a bit more difficult b/c of Jem's issues -- he seems to be VERY dependent on me whereas DD was always a very independent little miss.

#53 j-lo

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:58 PM

Hi Ladies,

It feels like ages since I last posted, but I have been reading all your updates.

Bron - I hope you're right about not being much of a difference between going from one to two, I have been wondering just how I'm going to do it when number two comes along in May.  Jem still seems quite dependent in some regards, she's not big on walking and likes to be carried A LOT.  Hopefully once the baby is here she will understand that I can't always pick her up.  In the end though, I think she'll love having a play mate.

I loved hearing about Imogen with the ballet and cooking, Jem loves dancing but it's really just a bum wiggle with flapping arms.  Can't say I see too much potential talent there, but she has fun.  I love cooking, but have never been game to have Jem help yet, I think hearing about Imogen though you might have inspired me.  I'm going to make biscuits later this week so maybe I'll see how she goes as a 'helper'.

Debs - glad to hear Lizzie is all better and back enjoying CC.  Three weeks must have felt like forever.  Good luck with the TTC #2, hope it happens as you'd like it to.  And I'm sure you'll cope just fine with two.

Juni - sounds like your Jem is going well despite a few hiccups.  They are just a delight most of the time at this age aren't they.  My Jem is also a cheeky monkey, but so funny and happy pretty much all the time.  She has figured her father out though and can turn on the water works if he won't play 'choo choo' with her.  It's so funny, you can see the bottom lip drop and the face crumble before she starts to howl, then it stops the second he relents.

Bluebird - glad to hear you were safe from the floods, my parents live in Horsham so it was a pretty close call for them too and they were isolated for a couple of days, but their house was fine.  How are you feeling about only having one at home this year, are you looking forward to a bit more peace and quiet or are you going to miss having her around to play with Declan?

Good luck to all those TTCing and to those who are soon to have newborns in their arms again.

AFU - I'm now 25 weeks and finally showing properly.  It seemed to pop out all at once and I've had a couple of people offer me their seat on the train when I'm coming home from work which has been great.  I had a couple of weeks feeling great after the m/s finally relented, but have now started to feel quite uncomfortable - SPD is really giving me a hard time already - and I find I get quite tired but then can't sleep at night, very frustrating.  

I have another two months at work before I finish up again, I am really not enjoying it.  My boss is just a mad woman and incredibly hard to work with and I've just found out that the other woman in the office - there are only three of us - is taking another job starting probably a month before I leave.  It's great for her, but I don't know how I'm going to cope without her for four weeks.

Jem is going great, chatting non-stop like her mum, and is super fun to be around most of the time.  She now sleeps like an absolute trooper after a shaky start in that department.  She has discovered drawing and can spend hours drawing on the chalkboard or on paper.  The only problem we've had recently is this rash around her mouth that we couldn't get rid of.  We've since discovered that it's hives from eating too many strawberries, tomatoes, oranges, and any other acidic foods.  It's not big issue now that we know, and have some cream that helps.

Anyway, that's it from me.
Jo

#54 bron23

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:30 PM

Jo do it! I love our cooking time as much as she does. She puts her baby apron on and nothing can stop her. She loves packet mixes just as much as from scratch mixes.

Just popped in for a quick mummy brag. I heard giggling this morning coming from the hall that runs between the girls rooms and went to check on them and they are holding hands and skipping up and down the hallway together. I didnt realise Immy could skip yet so it was a bit of a shock! So proud of her. Hannah was a little bit older when she started.

Im on the school countdown. We pick up our uniforms and booklists tomorrow. Hannah doesnt start until week 2 though because she only goes Mon Tues and every second Wed but school doesnt start until a Wed on her short week so she misses out. Ill have to go up to the school in week one anyway to take her allergy medications up to the office. I think Imogen might struggle not having her best friend to irritate 24 hours a day wink.gif

Hope everyone is doing OK

#55 *~Bluebird~*

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:21 PM

Congratulations Becky on the Birth of  Jonathan Leng Fung  Yesterday.!!!!  Looking forward to see more pics.  biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Edited by *~Bluebird~*, 27 January 2011 - 12:23 PM.

#56 me-mum

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:54 AM

Congratulations Becky!!! How exciting, what a gorgeous name, hope that all is well

Debs - Good luck for TTC! 1-2 I found a little more work but depends on how #1 settles into it all. DD was 2yrs 4 months when DS arrived and I found that a great age gap. DS will be 21 months when #3 arrives and I think that it going to be really challenging.

Jo - great to hear that all is going well, I'm sure that you are going to find that the rest of your pregnancy will fly by, particularly with Jem keeping you busy

Bron - I loved hearing your mummy brag! How adorable that the girls are such fantastic friends
Us - All going along well here. I'm now 36 weeks so not long to go. I'm having a sizing scan monday and seeing the OB tuesday so will hopefully plan an induction date then. I'm excited but completely terrified, I think that juggling 3 kids is going to be quite challenging.

Harry has now had 3 days at childcare and has settled in really well. I'm considering if I will need to increase his hours temporarily if I need more quiet time once bub is born. DD starts at 4yo kinder next week and I can't wait, school holidays seem to go forever.

Hope that everyone is well

#57 debs79

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:55 PM

Thanks Bron, Juni and Jess. I have spoken to DF more about number 2 and he is definately more reassured that I will be fine. I told him that I will still be keeping Lizzie in CC ( i think he thought that i was going to pull her out while I was off work wacko.gif).

Bron Love hearing about your girls. Imogen sounds like such a cutie with the dancing. She also seems to have the right idea about tasting food while cooking!!! Nothing wrong with Mummuy brag. Sounds like they really love each other.

Jo Sorry to hear about work. Just try and remember that is is only for 2 more months. Good news on Jem's sleeping, that is what you need right now anf for when the little one arrives.

Jess Cant believe you are already 36 weeks. Goodluck with scan and Ob early next week. Hope you get your induction date. Goodnews that Harry enjoys CC.

AFU
Pretty quiet around here. Still getting renos done to the house. Have kitchen guy coming out next weekend to measure and quote. Last few days have been very hot, so have stayed inside to keep cool. Thankfully today is a nice day so will head off to the park once she wakes up.

Hope everyone had a great Australia Day. I know Becky did!!

Deb
xxx

#58 NatandImmi20

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:47 PM

Hello ladies and babies. Can we still call them babies when they are nearly 2??!! I can't believe April is coming around again and my baby is going to be 2. Have already started thinking about her party. I am doing a Dorothy the Dinosaur cake this year and very excited about it! Immi is going to love it! Imogen's birthday is the 20th so 2 days before Good Friday. Can't have her party the weekend before so will have it sometime over Easter weekend.

We have been so busy but having lots of fun with my 2 girls! Imogen rang 000 last night  ohmy.gif  !  She quite often grabs the phone off the bench and plays with it and luckily she put it on speaker phone so i heard a pre recorded voice 'you have called emergency 000' and quickly grabbed the phone from her and hung up! Lol

Imogen is up to all sorts of tricks. She's a real farm girl. DH has had to hide the key of the 4 wheeler as she starts it up  biggrin.gif   She has grown up so much, chats away to us flat out. Loves her swimming also - jumps in off the side of the pool - no fear at all except the fear i feel when she does it lol!

Mia is wonderful, placid, such a little treasure!! She's 4.5 months now and a lovely age! She watches everything and adores her big sister. She is on the move so early too and i wonder if it is because she wants to chase Imogen. Rolling since 10 weeks and now pulling knees up and bum in the air and going backwards lol!

As you can see i'm loving life with both of them! It's beautiful watching them together!

Becky - congrats on little Jonathan - i saw the pics on FB and he looks divine! I also saw your comment about being relaxed second time around and i completely agree! Hope all is going well! Nice to see you also had a short labour and were home quickly!

Jess - sounds like your little one isn't too far away! Best of luck, can't wait to hear your news!

Deb - good luck with TTC! Glad Lizzy is enjoying CC

Bec - hope you get your BFP soon!

Jo - wow your little one is getting close too! Sorry to hear about the SPD. As for Jem wanting to be carried all the time, Imogen was like that too and i really worried about how she'd cope with having to walk when Mia came. I just started with getting her to walk holding my hand to get her used to it. When Mia came along it's like she just understood that mummy has to carry bubby because she can't walk yet and she's great now walking and holding my hand. As soon as she sees me put Mia down though she's straight up for me to pick her up lol! But luckily she doesn't do it while i'm holding Mia. A couple times i've held both of them when Imogen has been upset - great arm work out lol!

Bron - so cute about Immy skipping! They sound like great little friends. Has Hannah started school yet? How is she going? My Immi also loves putting the apron on and helping me cook!

Well that's all the posts i can see. Hi to everyone else!

Off to get some jobs done while girls are asleep!

Nat

#59 be-e

Posted 13 February 2011 - 08:04 PM

I have news!!

Got myself a  BFP.gif today!!! Woohoo, am so very excited! Is a bit more exciting this time because I know what its all about and how special it is!!!

Will come back for personals later.

Bec

#60 bron23

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:25 PM

Woohoo congrats Bec!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I saw the new post was from you I wondered if it was BFP.gif news! Hoping you are feeling well and have an uneventful 8 or so months ahead of you

#61 NatandImmi20

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:45 AM

Congrats Bec that's great news!!

#62 lou-t

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:47 AM

Woo Hoo Bec!!!!!!!!! Lincoln's going to love being a big brother!!

Take care of yourself and enjoy the fun road ahead. Congratulations!

#63 be-e

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:47 PM

Thanks  biggrin.gif

Probably obvious but I just came back to add, its a secret IRL and on FB!

#64 debs79

Posted 14 February 2011 - 05:55 PM

Congrats Bec. Fantastic news!!!!

Im sure Linc will be a great big brother!

#65 rachelle2

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:24 PM

Congratulations Bec, it is such exciting news!!!!!  Look forward to hearing all about it all as things progress.

All going well for me - have had a couple of scans and a hospital admission for HG but starting to feel better now.  One little baby growing perfectly in there, looking forward to letting the cat out of the bag in a couple of weeks!!  Waiting on some more baby news - Congratulations to Becky on her little man!!

#66 happymonkey

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:04 PM

congrats to those expecting this year!!!!!

Sorry I have been poor at posting! well, I had a baby boy, Jonathan, on australian day and the labour was alot shorter than the last one (first time lasted for 16 hrs but this time I had the baby after 3 hrs). To those that are interested to speed things and bring on labour, we had bedroom dance (you know what I meant) and I rubbed my ankle (foot pressure point). It worked pretty much immediately and I was getting back pain by breakfast time. Anyway, we are well. My mother in law left Sydney yesterday. She has been a great help for the last 3 weeks and I'm on my own from today. husband will take one day off for the next 8 weeks or so. Philippa has been good and took to her brother pretty much straight away. She is still going through tantrum stage but not as bad as 2 months ago now. She is talking alot more especially when my MIL was around as my MIL is a chatty lady.

Anyway, think of me with a baby and a toddler. I don't know how I will manage but I am sure all will be fine. original.gif  we went to playgroup this morning and ended up with a screaming baby and toddler. Overtired! Jonathan is a joy. He is a gassy baby and wont settled if he has wind. tends to have one unsettled period in the afternoon or dinner time.

ok, I have to get going now. back to feeding, nappies schedule......

x ps I tend to go on facebook more often so you can add me there!

#67 me-mum

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:49 PM

Congratulations Bec!!! Very exciting news, hope that the next 8 months go quickly and uneventfully. When are you due?

Becky - Fantastic to hear that all is going well

Us  - all tracking along nicely here, the year is already flying by and the end of feb isn't far away. Zoe has settled well into kinder and childcare and I'm looking forward when they start on their regular hours next week. Harry went really well in his first few weeks at childcare but now recognises the building when we get nearby so the cuddles now start before we have made it thru the door. He is also getting more and more words and I'm hoping that in the next few months that we will be conversing even more.

Only a week or so to go for me, 39 weeks tomorrow.....it has gone so quickly so I'm really just trying to get the last little jobs around the house done and get the kids sorted so hopefully it will be a smooth transition from 2-3 kids. I'm excited but scared at the same time!

Hope that everyone is well, hopefully I'll be delivering some exciting news in the next week

#68 MySpunkBubbles

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:38 PM

Congratulations Bec!  Great (and exciting) news!  Anyone else?  would love to hear more baby news.

Becky - sounds like you are taking motherhood (2nd time around) in your stride.  You go, girl!!

Us - am feeling like I want to press the 'pause' button and catch up on life.  So busy, so tired, kids growing too fast....

waves.gif to all

#69 lou-t

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:53 AM

CONGRATULATIONS JESS!!!  babyboy.gif

I hope baby Tom is settling in nicely. I'm sure Harry and Zoe will love having a new baby brother to play with!

Take care.

To everyone else.. I hope you are all doing well. It's so quiet in here these days, so I'm guessing everyone's busily getting on with life!

AFU - Not long now and all our 'bubs' start turning 2. I think Callum is one of the first (12th Mar). He's looking forward to being 2, so he can go up to the big kids class at swimming... He loves it! He can almost keep himself up in the water by himself, which is pretty funny to watch. He also get's to move into the big room at childcare (which he's been doing on his own accord for the last few months). He tries so hard to be as big as his big bro.. Too cute. He's also had a couple of trips to the ER in recent months. Falling off chairs, stacking it at childcare - the usual stuff. Thankfully it's never been too serious.

Our little newphew Anders is going from strength to strength also. He's had 2 ops, and is soon to go back to the Children's for another one. This is a pretty big one, so he'll have to stay in hospital for a while. But so far, so good.

That's about it from here.. Take care everyone.

#70 bron23

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:13 PM

Congrats Jess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#71 bron23

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:48 PM

Congrats Renee!!!

#72 Mum22gorjuzgirlz

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:53 PM

Hi ladies

I'm sooooo sorry I haven't read or posted for ages.  I have trouble now coz my phone isn't picking up internet reception on the train so I don't get much time to look once I'm home...

I really need to catch up.  So apologies if this topic has been done to death, even just refer me to when you talked about it but - Foam mats.... what's the go?  Should I be throwing mine out?  I got them from ebay pretty sure, probably from Hong Kong or Malaysia and they are EVA foam.  I can't find anything online that tells me one way or the other.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!  

xox

Leanne

#73 me-mum

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:55 AM

Hi girls,
Thanks for the good wishes on Tom's arrival.

Tom Alexander arrived on Wednesday 23/2/2011 at 3.01pm after a 5 hr induced labour
Weight 8lb 15oz. Length 52cm. Absolutely perfect on every way.
We arrived home from hospital yesterday and all is going well thus far.
Zoe and Harry are completely taken with him and can't get enough cuddles and kisses

Lou- I am still in disbelief that our babies will be 2 soon. Sounds like callum is a real little man trying to keep up with his brother. Hopefully not too many more Ed trips for you though. Fantastic to hear that anders is doing well

Leanne- I have no idea about foam mats, are their issues? I hVe a cheap set from reject shop that I have used in the past but they are currently in the cupboard

Bron- I'm guessing from your post that Renee had a girl, do you have any more details?

Hope that everyone else is well, gotta love 2am breastfeeds and an iPhone!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.