I dont know how to tell DH! sad.gif blush.gif

#3 mummy2bailey

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:32 AM

whoooooooooo

Congrats Jo!!!!!!!!!!!

ps I am sure he will be happy!

#4 ~*Ness~*

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:35 AM

Wow Jo Congrats! I didn't know u were trying!

#5 ~gemma~

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:12 AM

Oh WOW, Jo, congrats!!

17 sleeps to go for me. My house is a bomb site, i need to get kids clothes sorted so Kevin has nothing to whinge about when he cant find something, need to sort out kids toys before Christmas and do a serious chuck out and stop telling myself that they need this or that, need to wash a few more of bubs things, need to sort out food for when im in hosp as Kevin cant drive so he cant just run up to Coles to get whatever, he should be able to get his daughter to take him up but either way, i need to make sure things are done. I have to clean out the freezer because there is meat in there that has been in there way too long and i know K will use it if im not around, he doesnt seem to understand that you cant keep a steak in the freezer for a year and still expect it to taste good  rolleyes.gif  im going to do a home shop to come on the 23rd and hopefully i will be out by then!!

Everything is just getting on top of me right now

#6 emma-g

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:41 AM

ness:hope you can find out the underlying cause of the panic attacks.
tylie: congrats on the weight loss, your hard work is defineatly paying off.
congrats jo!!
not long left now gemma original.gif

AFM life is going is going well. family issues are still there but mum has invited us to xmas dinner, so thats good.now I just need to convince DH to actually come. Pregnancy is going well so far, Im nowhere near as sick as I was with Cassie.We have our 20wk ultrasound on the 29th dec and we are hoping to find out the sex. Cassie is doing well, she has been walking for about 3 weeks now.She is getting cheekier by the day,she can climb up on the couch by herself. Her new thing is banging on the toilet door until you left her in to watch, haha.

#7 dixilee83

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:30 AM

Congrats Jo

#8 RosieTea

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:50 PM

Congrats Jo, I am sure he will be over the moon xxxx

Emma - glad the preg is going well for you.

Ness - love your comment on f/b about Ava and Zara saying her name, so cute

Gem - organise aussiefarmers direct and do a standard milk and bread order and a butchery order and fruit and veg, surely it can't be too hard for him then, lol, 17 days how exciting, I can't wait to find out what gender bubbles is xx

Tylie - go you little machine - congrats on the w/loss

AFM

Sick as a dog with m/s and tiredness and then yesterday I started spotting.  It is brown not red which is a relief but I still can't get my mind around it, spoke to my DR and he said bed rest, no housework, no lifting the kids..

#9 ktgrouch

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:19 PM

Wow JO! How exciting!!!! Im sure your DH will be happy.  biggrin.gif  Good luck telling him anyway.

Paula - Rest up. Hopefully it is nothing, just normal pregnancy spotting. How far along are you now?

Emma - Good luck at your anatomy scan. So exciting you are finding out the sex. original.gif

Gemma - 17 days??? Wow, where did that time go? Im sure it didn't go too fast for you... but it feels like just the other day you announced you were pregnant! LOL at you having to do so much just so Kevin is ok while you are in hospy. Can't leave men alone for a minute! ha ha ha.

I have a goth/emo party to go to tomorrow night. Went and bought something to wear and Im a bit nervous. I bought a black tutu thingo but I really don't think my legs are up to the challenge. I am wearing black tights too, but still.....

Ok thats the best you are going to get from me right now. I actually have a few minutes to myself so thought I would go and search for some new songs to play on my guitar. original.gif Hope everyone had a fab week.... so glad the weekend is here!

#10 mlto

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:42 PM

Wow!!!

Congratulations Jo!!!!! Soooo happy for you!!!!

BBL Coop is in a mood, he i son a sleep strike.

#11 specialtreat

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:06 AM

Wow Jo congratulations!! He!he! I guess you didn't tell your DH that AF returned cool.gif  How did he take the exciting news? Are you still feeding Trudi or has she weened?

Tylie you are looking great!

Paula hope the morning sickness settles down for you soon.

Katie how did your party go? I have not been to an adult party for such a long time  sad.gif

emma g how exciting to be finding out the sex of bub...did you find out with Cassie?

Gemma you can do EVERYTHING for Kevin and there will still be something that he can't do with out you lol! He is a male after all. I am looking forward to hearing your news when bub arrives ( though I have a feeling on what bub is wink.gif  )

Not much happening here. DH has gone out to the reef fishing again, he had better be home by tomorrow afternoon, we have family photo's booked and I can't change them this time.
Well I am doing some sewing so better get back to it before the sun comes up  original.gif

#12 specialtreat

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:37 PM

Anyone interested in doing a Christmas card swap?
Depending on who is interested as to how many we send. PM me you address if you are interested and I will work it all out.
Yes you address it to the person and wish them a merry Christmas from yourself and family and add a photo if you like.
Cheers xox

#13 the4rugrats

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:44 PM

Gemma: WOW not long and you'll have your little bubba. I cant believe how that time has gone by so fast. I usually try and do everything for DH too, its just easier isnt it.
Paula: Hope the spotting has stopped and your A-OK. Getting plenty of rest.
Tylie congrats on the weightloss. I had just got back into my proper jeans...I guess that wont last too much longer now! LOL
Ness: No we werent trying...but we weren't taking any precautions either. DH said I should go onto the pill a few weeks ago (but I am so unreilable I forget to take them), hes got the condoms in his bedside drawer, just didnt used them!

Well I am a complete woose (Is that how you spell it?) I have not told DH yet!!  blush.gif
I will tell him sometime this week, I think, and will wait until after our holiday until I go to the Drs. I dont have time this week, I have a bit of sewing to do- xmas presents- a bit of shopping to do, necessary items for house sitter, some appointments for 2 kids, and some end of school functions. As well as getting the house organised (ie: clean and tidy) and packing suitcases. What is involved with a dating scan? Is is just like a normal u/s?
As for how DH will take it...I wish I knew. I am kind of scared, actually myself, although I loved the thought of having another it was a bit of a dream really. LOL *I want a girl (boys are okay though, dont get me wrong, and if it is a boy so be it) as it means I already have the clothes/nappies etc here, no need to buy new. I can see a girl would be a great companion for Trudi, being at school the same time, making friends together etc. A boy wouldnt really want to hang around with his sister. Purely selfish reasons for wanting a girl really. laugh.gif  Also I am a bit worried that something may go wrong, I am already high risk (ie can just go get an amnio if I wanted) I guess I dont really want another baby with special needs, one is enough thank you. And then theres Trudi, shes still very much dependant on me, unlike a 'normal' baby walking and feeding etc themselves, shes doing nothing like that, I dont see a lot changing in 8ish months IYKWIM. Anyways whats done is done, I cant undo it.
Trudi is not weaned yet, and I dont think shes liking my milk. Does it change? She seems to be really fussy while drinking at the moment, maybe it's caused by her tooth shes cutting?  wacko.gif She will not drink from a bottle or a sippy cup, and she doesnt understand straws. She doesnt understand that when the fluid goes into your mouth you swallow, she lets it dribble out instead. She has started to move forward on her stomach, not much, and paper is a real motivation for her...she loves the stuff.  laugh.gif She may be commando crawling very soon.
Well better go lunch beckons and I got children crying out for food. Sorry about the post being nearly all about ME!

*I dont mean to offend anyone, if its a boy I will love it just as much. I just love girls and all their frillyness!! Also nothing wrong with special needs babies, I have one though and its enough for me.

Edited by the4rugrats, 16 January 2011 - 02:49 AM.

#14 Guest_ttgc_*

Posted 05 December 2010 - 08:51 PM

Jo- I get what you saying about girls I would have loved another girl was very happy with DS but a girl would have been alot less work or maybe not, maybe its just the 2nd baby thing??  Good luck tell your DH maybe you should tell him sooner rather then later.  Also understand not wanting another s/needs baby.  DH and had talked about what we would do if either had been and I don't know what I would do but I am not sure I would be the right person for the job

AFM -  Had mum here today which was great to get down stairs all moved around so the xmas tree fitted in looks great and she is coming tomorrow to help with upstairs, funny how an extra set of hands see you get some much done, I think its alot to do with the fact that there is 2 off us to keep the kids busy too lol DD was outside with mum in and our of the pull and and DS was with me helping move the lounge and TV around and doing the vacuming and so on he loved it.  But the checky little man got inside some how doors were all shut and climbed up the stairs on his own ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif then when I couldn't hear him (panic double checking the pool fance and so on) then went inside to check and find him about to try and come back down the stairs got him just in time.  Thinking a gate at the bottom of the inside and outside stairs may be a good idea.

#15 minich

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:31 PM

Hi all, I am still around & have been reading just to lazy too post.
Arrgh Jo wonderful news. Yay for Trudi nearly crawling. As for the milk, I BF Amelia until I was about 7 months but switched half of her feeds to formula. I do think that your milk changes & I also noticed at one stage Amelia got hard lumps on her nipples, I'm guessing from my new hormones. My health nurse said that at about 4-5months pregnant your milk really changes & baby will start going off it. Good luck with it all.
Gemma - So, not long now. Don't stress about all the things that need doing, they will get done. Just take 1 day at a time.
Emma - Good to hear your travelling well. I am predicting a boy for you.
Rosietea - So sorry to hear about your MS. I don't envy you 1 bit. I hope you get some relief soon.
Katie - Get those legs out hon & I want to see pics too. Lol
AFM - We are going really well. It's soo different the 2nd time around. I am much more care free & relaxed & realised how perfect I tried to make things with Amelia & how much of a stress pot I was. Moana is waking up a bit now which is good & BF like we are both pros. My SIL is due with her first in Jan & I can't wait to hang out & talk about babies all day.
Anyway I'd better go get some sleep, who knows what the night will bring.
C xo

#16 minich

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:23 AM

Oh I forgot to say that Amelia is full on walking now. She started the week that Moana was born so couldn't have been more perfect timing.
She is so cute, she's watching The Wiggles for the first time & she's glued to the TV.
C xo

#17 ~*Ness~*

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:31 PM

Paula is everything ok any more spotting? Thinking of you and sending all my positive thoughts.

Jo tell your dh! original.gif

Caroline glad you are settling in, and yep I was surprised how relaxed I was with zara all the stress of doing everything perfect with bub number 1 was gone for me too.

Tylie great news on the weight loss. I was extremely excited I got back into an old dress last week which is a size 8!! But I am a 10 now and happy.

Ugh this Sydney humidity is killing me it's so hot and gross!

#18 RosieTea

Posted 09 December 2010 - 08:18 PM

hI ALL

Jo - hope your enjoying yoru holiday

NEss - thanks for asking yes still spotting, I have a scan tomorrow have to go by myself as DH will be asleep from night shift.  I will be completely honest I don't have high hopes I think I have lost bub, but hopefully this feeling is wrong..

#19 minich

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:24 AM

Paula - all the best for your scan.
C xo

#20 RosieTea

Posted 10 December 2010 - 04:29 PM

WE HAVE A HEARTBEAT original.gif 178 BPM.... so happy... measuring 8 w 5 days which puts me back to 17/7

#21 specialtreat

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:32 PM

tthumbs.gif bbighug.gif  so happy to hear that Paula

#22 minich

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:25 PM

Yay Paula, you must be relieved. Is that your due date 17/7? That's my birthday.

My DH is such a moron. I had just finished telling him that my friend has just had a baby & that I was doing some baking for her so I took 2 apple crumbles out of the oven, 1 in a take away foil container & one in a baking dish. I then went to have a shower & when I came out he had eaten from the one I was going to give away. Seriously you'd think he would have put 2 & 2 together.   wacko.gif

Where is everyone? I feel like I'm talking to myself lately.  tongue.gif

C xo

#23 Guest_ttgc_*

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:17 PM

Thats great news paula original.gif

Caroline - I am reading just been busy original.gif  Man never put 2 and 2 together lol.  How good are you cooking for a friend already original.gif  How are the girls?

Ness - Thanks.  I am with you on the heat driving me nuts really would love to just cut all my hair off, can't stand it on my face or neck atm

waves.gif to everyone

AFM:  DD went to stay with MIL last night and spent the day with her it was so nice to have a night off from her was just what I needed, and she had a ball so many stories to tell which was nice to have something different to talk about with her.  And she was so tired that she was in bed and asleep by 6.30 I miss her going to bed at that time, might try and get it back to that time lol gave me so much more time to clean up and so on but didn't help with going to bed early myself lol

DS is going well taking more steps seems like it/s taking him forever to just stand up and go.  Think he enjoyed a bit of one on one time 2

#24 specialtreat

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:11 AM

I am here reading along, i just don't have anything really exciting to talk about. I am trying to keep myself busy and running around getting all the last min Christmas stuff.
Took the kids for their santa photo today. there was this one little family (well just the kids) getting their photos done and the youngest boy(about 2) was screaming and wanting to get down and his brother holding him (about7) wouldn't let him go and there was a girl (about 5)as well. Mum still made them take the photo with the little fella screaming and hanging off his brothers lap with his shirt caught up around his neck. Poor little fella sad.gif

As for my DS, he was very brave while we were in line waiting but when it came to his turn we was backing out, so i had to get in the photo too and little miss  wasn't too keen on Santa So DD held her and the candy cane I gave her  helped laugh.gif I get to pick them up tomorrow so will see how they look.

I can't believe Christmas is so close ohmy.gif

Edited by *4+1more*, 15 January 2011 - 08:58 PM.

#25 specialtreat

Posted 11 December 2010 - 01:17 AM

24th AUGUST 2009

Littlemuffin *TARA*
Mum to ~ Sophie 24/08/09 and
              Chelsea 3
Location ~

2nd SEPTEMBER 2009

Dixilee * RACHEL*
Mum to ~ Clay 02/09/2009
               Darcy 2
               Brock 5
Location ~

*4+1 more*
Mum to ~ DD september

My 3 monsters * JO (or JOANNE)*
Mum to ~ Trudi 2/09/09
               Jesse 15,
               Mytchell 12,
               Keamba 8 3/4
Location ~ Byford WA

7th SEPTEMBER 2009

Ferretwrangler *GEM*
Mum to ~ Ellie 7/09/09 and
               Cameron 2
Location ~ Sydney (West Pymble)

owenth *WHITNEY*
Mum to ~ Emma 07/09/09
Location ~ St Paul, Minnesota, USA

9th SEPTEMBER 2009

Tay-Chasemummy *TYLIE*
Mum to ~ Chase 09/09/09 and
               Taylor 3
Location ~ Sydney (McGraths Hill)

11th SEPTEMBER 2009

~gemma~ *GEMMA*
Mum to ~ Kaitlyn 11/09/09,
               Tahlia 5,
               Jordan 3,
               Madison 2
Location ~ Sydney(Penrith)

~raindrops~on~roses~ *JEN*
Mum to ~ Lila 11/09/09 and
               Riley 2
Location ~ Sydney (Richmond)

14th SEPTEMBER 2009

Talie *NATALIE*
Mum to~ Annelise 14-09-09 and
              Cooper almost 2
Location~ Campbelltown, Sydney

17th SEPTEMBER

Minich  *Caroline*
Mum to ~ Amelia 17/09/09
              & one on the way!!
Location ~ (WA) Beaufort River

cazbabslong *CAZ*
Mum to ~ Sophie 17/09/09
               Isaac 6
               Nathan 4.5
Location ~

18th SEPTEMBER 2009

beck73  *BECK*
Mum to ~ Eloise (Ellie) 18/09/09
               Matthew 9 ,
               James 7
               Benjamin 2.5
Location ~

erindiv *ERIN*
Mum to ~ Kate 18/09/09
Location ~ Melbourne (Healesville)

21st SEPTEMBER 2009

~*Ness*~ *NESS*
Mum to ~ Zara 21/09/09 and  
              Ava 3.5yrs
Location ~ Sydney (Normanhurst)

22nd SEPTEMBER 2009

mummy3bailey *SULEE*
Mum to ~ Declan 22/9/2009
               Bailey 6.5yrs
               Connor 4yrs
Location ~ Central Coast NSW (Lisarow)

23rd SEPTEMBER 2009

ktgrouch *KATIE*
Mum to ~ Levi 23/9/09,
              Charli-kate 6,
              Tyson 5,
               Ebony 2.5
Location ~

24th SEPTEMBER 2009

chez75 *CHEZ*
Mum to ~ Zara 24/09/09
Location ~ Melbourne (Preston)

27th SEPTEMBER 2009

3blueStars *JO*
Mum to ~ Isaac 27/09/09,
               A 4.5 years
               J 3 years
Location ~

28th SEPTEMBER 2009

Rosietea *PAULA*
Mum to ~ Mitchell 28/09/09
               Lachlan 3.5
Step mum to Connor 6.5
Location ~ (Melbourne Kilsyth)

1st OCTOBER 2009

coopey-doo *MEL*
Mum to ~ Cooper 01/10/09,
               Samantha 8,
               Maddison 6,
               Dylan 5.
Location ~ Sydney (Penrith)

2nd OCTOBER 2009

emma
Mum to ~ cassandra(2/10/09)
Location ~ geelong, vic

Sorry i have been so slack in putting this up wink.gif

Edited by *4+1more*, 15 January 2011 - 09:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.