September 09 Parents # 36

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

#26 the4rugrats

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:12 AM

Paula: so glad everything is okay.
Caroline: I have a DH like that too... and one that cant find anything even though you tell them exactly where something is. Unless the object jumps out of its place and yells "I'm here, I'm here" he wont be able to find it.

Well I told DH! He was a bit  ohmy.gif   then went to  ssleep.gif which is what he does when hes not happy! Now hes kind of mellow.gif, but keeps insisting I take HPTs until it comes back negative! LOL. He gave me an easy way to tell him, the night before (wed) I was sitting on the couch in an unflattering position and he  jokingly says "are you pregnant" and pokes me in the stomach. I said yes (all serious) and he said I wouldnt know if I was, and I said I would if I took a test. Anyways next morning he went out and when he came back I showed him the  BFP.gif. Hes  more concerned that all the guys at work will ridicule him about having another when he said no more, also what his mum will say 'cause shes got an opinion... something along the lines of WE cant afford it and they cost too much money/work etc etc, I said we wont tell them until later. So at the moment no-one knows, not even the kids.
We are off on our holidays tomorrow night, got the girls suitcase packed...I just dont know what to take with all the weird weather going on, so I probbaly over-packed but I guess that means I wont have to do alot of washing over there. biggrin.gif I have to supervise the boys doing theirs tomorrow, DS2 has a case full of old clothes, and DS1 hasnt got anything in his yet. I cant wait until we leave.... but as usual I have left everything to the last minute...washing is still being washed, sewing hasnt been done, and I havent even started searching for my good heels... goodness knows where they are!, and the cleaning I have to do tomorrow.... I think the day will go too fast for me to do everything.
DS2 had his graduation yr 7 dinner tonight, his teacher came up to me to wish us a good holiday and to let me know that DS is a fantastic kid. wub.gif  
Only other news I bring is, we finally got to see the Dr about DS1...and she thinks he has ADHD/ODD and is doing an assessment for it, hes so stubborn though, wouldnt say anything there, then takes it out on everyone at home. Hopefully very soon he'll be just a normal teenager...not an angry, nasty, abusive (to his brother) teenager.... gosh I can hardly wait!

Anyways better go, I have a million things to do tomorrow, so better get to bed and rest.
Next time I post it'll be from the gold coast!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif      

#27 ktgrouch

Posted 11 December 2010 - 09:44 AM

Paula - THat is fantastic news! You must be so relieved. original.gif Did they find the source for the spotting?

Tylie - Its nice sometimes to have a day with just one of the kids isn't it. I spent 15 minutes with Levi the other night just bathing him and it was the most fun Ive had ina long time. We were laughing the whole time!

Caroline - Typical man! ha ha. My hubby would have done the same wink.gif Im another one who has been reading but not posting. Too lazy I guess! How are you going with your two beautiful girls?

Sherri - That sux that you don't have you big boy home for Christmas. Fingers crossed he has a good time with your ex anyway. So cute that you had to get in the Santa photo! This was the first year since ebony was really little that she was happy to see Santa. Last year we couldn't even get her near him so I have a lovely photo of Charli, Tyson and Levi with santa. Ha ha.

Jo - Have to laugh at your DH's reaction! When do your think you will start to tell your family/kids? Glad you are closer to finding a reason for your DS1's behaviour. Must be hard though.  bbighug.gif  And have an absolute blast on your holiday!!!!!!

Nothing to report here. We are all boring at the moment. Just going through the motions of Christmas ie. going broke! Was a bit excited when my best friend rang me to tell me that our flights to bali had been changed from 5.25pm to 1.20pm! Means we get there and have time to get settled before the kids need to go to bed. Much better. original.gif

Better go and do some exercise before little bam bam wakes up. Have a great weekend everyone!

#28 Guest_ttgc_*

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:30 PM

Katie - Love the new ticker so much thought I might do one too lol ohmy.gif
So hear you on the going broke bit from xmas, DH aunty's 50th wedding ann and they are having a thing on the 7/1 Dh was meant to go back to work on the 5th so was only going to miss it by a few days but then he can't go back to work till the 11th so he is only home a few xtra days but then needs to be home again on the 29th so will only be at work for 2 weeks (great for me  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif ) but not great for our bank acc  sad.gif  sad.gif  Don't know how it happens we have a heap saved then its all gone again grrrrr.  Might have something to do with how much we spent last time he was home, he got a new ski then when we were skiing his wetsuit fall apart so he has to get a new one of them now too.... And me need new stuff to wear is not helping even tho I only shop at kmart and target lol... don't even get me started on trying to find bras lol my boobs are smaller but still big so really can only get them from a bra shop or DJ pain in them bum... And also need new swimmers as the ones I got before we went on hoildays which are now to big and they were not cheap either..  I tried to take them in but it has not worked as now there is to much fabric and they still look silly grrrrrrr Dam these big boobs if they were smaller or maybe its the fact the don't sit were they use to lol I could just get a cheap one.   Great news about the santa photo.  Love the one on one time that it just makes you feel happy original.gif  

Jo - Thats great that you told your DH.  Have a wonderful Hoilday original.gif Don't work to hard tomorrow what can't be done will still be there when you get home  wink.gif

Sherri - Some mothers hey (re santa pic)..... I am not sure what is going to happen with DS... Not sure if he is going to want to sit on him.   DD is fine tho  cool.gif
I bet you will miss your DS but he will love next year even more, can't belive your x is like that funny how most men forget to put what the child needs first hey.

AFM: nothing much really have spent most of the day in the pool with the kids my tummy seen sun light for the first time in nearly 5 years lol  

#29 Guest_ttgc_*

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:58 AM

were is everyone???

#30 ~gemma~

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:30 AM

Anyone want to trade lives for a few days? I have zero motivation and have soooo much to do its just not funny. Having DD1 in hosp over the weekend really stuffed me up

#31 ktgrouch

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:55 PM

Ummmm Gemma, I think you are allowed to have no motivation! You are nearly 9 months pregnant and have 4 children 6 and under. Add Kevin into the mix and you oughta be stuffed!!!!! lol. If I was you, unless it is extremely important, I'd just put my feet up and rest. Let someone else do all the hard work for you. If thats not an option.... I can hop on a plane and help you out!! Ha ha ha.

It has been awfully quiet in here. Everyone must be Christmas shopping!

Went and watched Tyson do his little end of year Christmas show at school this morning. Bawled my eyes out. Number 1, because it was so darn cute and he is going to be a big year 1 next year and Number 2, because I wish he could stay with his teacher for the next 12 years of his schooling! She was absolutely unreal!!!!

Report day for Charli.... could be interesting! lol.

And thats about it from me. I am boring. original.gif
Hope everyone is happy about the Christmas season being upon us! 10 more days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#32 Guest_ttgc_*

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:56 AM

Gemma - sorry but I wouldn't want to trade finding 2 enough for me.  But I am with katie just leave it for someone to come and do

Paula - Very very sorry just saw on facebook.  

Katie - Very cute I am sure I will be crying when DD is finishing preschool and starting kindy.

AFM - not much really just trying to get ready for xmas DH is coming home tomorrow morning can't wait then off to the races on sunday can't wait to get all dressed up!!

#33 mlto

Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:40 PM

I am so sorry Paula sad.gif

Gemma eh bugger it you have an excuse to have no motivation. I can;t believe you are so close to having your bub!

Tylie Hope you have a great weekend!!!! Is hubby home for christmas?

What a freaking day. My friend calls me up and we meet up so the kids can have a play, as soon as we got there the sky turned black and the rain belted down, we went inside and waited, then the hail came! We were stuck inside for an hour! Someone comes running in asking who owns a commodore, turns out my car was half under water! I walked through nearly knee deep freezing cold water to get to my car and a guy came past to help me and he drove the car out of the water! Thankfully it was ok and not inside the car! I only got the car last week! Then on the way home someone slammed on their brakes infront of me and I swerved to miss hitting the car, thank god there was no car in the lane next to me cos I would have hit them, I was shaking all the way home.

Hows everyones christmas shopping going? I have just about finished, I got Samantha a laptop, its only a basic one, its about the size of a portable dvd player but at least it will keep her off my computer. We havent got out santa pic yet, I am hoping to get it this week and hoping Cooper will go near Santa LOL He is not the most sociable kid. Whenever I try to talk to some ladies at school he cries! And I have to stand away from them!

#34 RosieTea

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:35 PM

HI all

If you didn't read it on f/b we lost our bub on wednesday.

To say I am devisated would be an understatement.

Thank you for all your messages of luv and  support

xxxxx

#35 ~*Ness~*

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:45 AM

Paula I'm so sorry for your loss I hope you and dh are coping ok.

Just popped in to say good luck tomorrow Gemma. (I'm sure it's tomoz but may be wrong!). I can't wait too hear the news, and finally find out if it's a boy or girl!

#36 minich

Posted 19 December 2010 - 02:22 PM

Paula - So sorry for the loss of your baby. I couldn't begin to imagine how you are feeling.  bbighug.gif
4+1 - Next time you post the list can you please update it to add Moana.
AFM - Not much new. I'm coping pretty well with having 2 babies. I'm actually finding it easier than being pregnant with 1. I can't believe my little Mo is already 1 month. I think the next few will go fast too. I'm so looking forwards to DH time off over Christmas. He finishes on the 23rd & back on the 5th.
Sorry I've got to be short & sweet DH is getting grumpy because he think me being on the net is interfering with his online game. Grr
C xo

Edited by minich, 16 January 2011 - 09:33 AM.

#37 RosieTea

Posted 20 December 2010 - 12:58 PM

Hi all

Just checking to see if there is any news for Gemma..

Edited as per request from friend original.gif

Edited by RosieTea, 15 January 2011 - 07:15 PM.

#38 specialtreat

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:27 PM

It's a BOY
Congratulations Gemma Kevin and kids !
7pounds 4oz and in NICU at the moment I will update when I know more from Gemma..I hope everything is ok  bbaby.gif

Edited by *4+1more*, 20 December 2010 - 03:29 PM.

#39 ~*Ness~*

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:23 PM

Yay congratulations Gemma. Can't wait for pics, hope u r both doing well.x

#40 ktgrouch

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:38 PM

Congratulations Gemma and family. Can't wait to hear his name original.gif

On my MIL's computer so can't write anything interesting at the moment.

Hope everyone is having a good start to the week. Only 5 more sleeps! xxx

#41 RosieTea

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:49 PM

Congrats Gem, Kevin and the kids on the arrival of bubbles hope he is out soon of NICU

#42 Wild Strawberry

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:51 PM

Congrats Gemma! Hope your little man is in your arms soon and can't wait to hear his name original.gif

#43 specialtreat

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:52 PM

Thanks Paula, how are you doing? bbighug.gif . I am doing ok..

We had a nice early Christmas for DH yesterday, santa made a special visit for the kids leaving them a few little things under the tree and DH and I gave them our main presants to them. they had so much fun and the excitement on their faces when they saw a few things under the tree, I can't wait till the real Christmas when they see ALL the presents under the tree.
Katie Well done on the weight loss  biggrin.gif  I was doing ok but have slipped off the wagon (so to speak)

best get off this computer another big storm is getting closer grrr! hate the bloody things!!

Edited by *4+1more*, 15 January 2011 - 09:04 PM.

#44 the4rugrats

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:15 PM

congrats Gemma and family. Hope your little man is doing ok.
bbighug.gif to you Paula.

Just a quick one from me... at the moment I am sitting in a brisbane hotel, 18 stories high, with a nice view of the brisbane river.  biggrin.gif Cant wait for the sunrise tomorrow morning. We have had on-off weather all last week, today has been the first fully sunny day since arriving here. Yesterday at SIL wedding it was raining all day, I felt a bit sorry for them, the outside wedding was taken inside, and the nice garden photos that was planned couldnt take place, and I guess as with most weddings things didnt go as planned, but the day/night was still enjoyable. Well thats all from me betta go before I use up all the mb that we have, will post some fb pics soon.
If I dont get to log in before xmas day.....Have a great one!!

Edited by the4rugrats, 16 January 2011 - 02:53 AM.

#45 ~raindrops~on~roses~

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:24 PM

Congratulations Gemma!!! Hope everything is going well hands.gif

Jo - Congrats on the BFP, hope DH is warming to the idea! Have a great holiday biggrin.gif

Ness - Hope you're getting to the bottom of the panic attacks.

Tylie - Lila is super fast with stairs too. My PIL have a carpeted staircase she loves racing up when no one is looking! Must be nice having your mum come around and just hang out and help like that. I go to my mums a lot and her and dad are really supportive and helpful with the kids. Sometimes though I'd love her to have the time to hang out here and just potter with me, do gardening etc. She's always been a busy person though and even now she's retired she seems to think she's always got things to do!

Emma - Enjoy your scan wub.gif

Katie - I didn't know you played guitar! I love guitars and wish someone in my family played, it'd be nice when we're camping. I have great memories of a family friend always playing guitar when we went camping as kids.

Paula - I'm so sorry for your loss hhugs.gif

Caroline - I was just like you when Lila was born, so much more relaxed than with Riley! It's lovely feeling that bit more in control. Though the 'sleep when bub sleeps' thing kind of goes out the window having another little cherub to care for! Wiggles are great, I took Riley to their concert on Monday. Left Lila with mum coz it was around her sleep time and I thought she might get a bit over it. Was really nice having time with just Riley too, something we rarely get!

Sherri - Thinking of you hhugs.gif Surely DS is almost old enough to decide where he spends his Christmas? I don't know the rules on these things but I thought that when a child got to a certain age they could decide that stuff? As for the watch, how lovely of DH to spoil you!! I'd just wear it if I were you. Enjoy the special things in life because we don't know what tomorrow will bring. Why keep something for a rainy day.... it might never rain!! xxx

Gem - Where are you?? Don't think you've been in for a while! Hope everything is ok and you're just busy. x

AFM - Not sure what to say about us.. all is well. Lila is practically running around now, super cute. She's still charming everyone everywhere we go! She's terribly pinchy and rough sometimes though. Just with me and Riley it seems! She also has a lovely screech happening when she doesn't get what she wants! Riley's TT is happening.... slowly.... but at least it's happening! Today is DH's last day of work, so exciting!! We're off camping for 2 weeks on boxing day. Just did the grocery shopping this morning. Bought heaps (probably too much snack food) but better to have too much than not enough! Can sympathise with those struggling financially at the moment. We've been watching our pennies quite closely... very frustrating!
I'm going to try and have a little nap (if Lila stays down a bit longer) the kids were awake a few times last night mad.gif
I will probably be MIA for a few weeks. Keep safe everyone and enjoy spending time with your precious familes.

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Jen

Edited by ~raindrops~on~roses~, 22 December 2010 - 12:25 PM.

#46 Guest_ttgc_*

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:34 PM

Congratulations Gemma!!! Hope your enjoying your little boy he is so cute.

Sherri - Have also been thinking of you with it coming up to your EDD I am with Jen wear the watch you might find it will hold up better then any cheap one original.gif

Caroline - enjoy having your DH home and glad your coping so well.

Jen - It is nice having them around to help original.gif  How do you cope going camping for 2 weeks??? We are going for 1 and I am looking forward to it not looking forward to the food part, DS will not eat any shop dinners only what I cook so not sure what I am going to do... Thinking of doing the first 4 nights with my stuff then will let him have meat and stuff that we do just don't like the idea of him not having his veg's

AFM -  HE IS WALKING HE IS WALKING LOL for the past 2 or 3 days he has spent most of the day walking rather the crawling original.gif its so good.

We had such a great time at the horse races and the best bit was on the first race I bet 5 each way on 9 (ds birth date) and same with #2 (my old gokart racing number and DD birth date is 22) and the came in 1st and 2nd and 9 was at very good odds so won 315 original.gif was great paid for our tickets for the day we go to a room that puts on all your drinks and meals well worth it.  Any way we then won something on every race so it was lots of fun.  I felt great too DH didn't like the dress I had so I ended up finding another one which we were both very happy with lol  

have not been very good on my treadmill this week we have been so busy, we had everyone meet here on the sunday then we all come back here and trying to get the last of the shopping done, cleaning, cleaning also trying to pack for camping as we leave boxing day and have DH family here xmas eve then my mum and dads xmas day and night. Dh had a friend stay last night so was another late one..  I am almost done with packing camping stuff just got to do our bags and get the meat and salad stuff which I am hoping to do xmas eva morning.  

This day 5 years ago I did a PG test and found out I was going to be a mummy and funny thing I did one today lol but breath easy it was a neg thank goodness but am still 2 weeks late so not sure what the go is

Well I best be off to bed... was hoping for an early one but not looking like it lol.

#47 mlto

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:09 PM

Hi everyone!

Congratulations Gemma!!! Little Lucas is just so adorable! I hope you are home soon original.gif

So busy! So much to do and no time to do it all. I am already over the holidays, the kids are expecting to do something every day! I went out for a few hours today shopping on my own and it was bliss! No kids, no nagging for this that and the other, I just wandered aimlessly for a bit lol. I am kinda excited about christmas, Cooper will know whats going on!

He has two top teeth coming through and two bottom. This boy doesnt do anything by halves. He is trying to climb on the lounge, he loves to go and play with the big kids, quite often he disappears in the girls room and dances with them lol. He has taken to coming up to me and hitting me then running to what he wants me to see! His latest thing is opening the fridge and grabbing water or juice! Oh and the pantry and dragging out the tub I have biscuits in.

Tylie Sounds like you had an awesome day! And Yay on the walking!!!!! No stopping him now!

Jen Have a great time camping!!!!

Sorry for lack of personals I have read through but just cant get much to sink in right now! I blame xmas and holidays! Suppose I should go to bed.

Nite original.gif

#48 ~*Ness~*

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:39 AM

Hi all,

Gem Lucas is adorable! Hope u get to go home today.

Sherri I agree wear the watch u deserve to be spoiled.

Jen thanks, I have been on some meds for the anxiety and feel much better. Switched to a new one today though so fingers crossed it works but without the weight gain I am sure is from the other one. Seeing someone to work through the attacks and she gave me some exercises yesterday to work on.

Jo hope u all enjoy the holiday.

Tylie great work at the races! And yay for chase walking.

Mel zara is into all my cupboards as well drives me crazy!

Ugh I have been up most of the night with an upset tummy. Not sure what it's from no sick feeling like a virus but guess it's one way to loose a bit of weight before Xmas!

Zara is just about running too has been walking Everywhere for a few weeks now. Looks just gorgeous with her new clips from Tara too. original.gif

#49 specialtreat

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:34 PM

cry1.gif  rant.gif Just having a bad moment sad.gif

Thanks, I am wearing the watch, I do like it a lot and I am very Lucky I have a husband who likes and likes to buy jewellery and does have good taste, I was just having a moment :cool:

Gemma~ Lucas is gorgeous wub.gif I would love to give him a big squishy cuddle original.gif

sorry no personals tonight I feel drained. I am at my parents place, packed the kids and animals up at 10pm and came in, there is a severe weather warning out for here and I didn't want to get flooded in at home and not be able to come in for christmas. Kids think it is great, but I am exhausted yyawn.gif
night all xx

Edited by *4+1more*, 15 January 2011 - 09:05 PM.

#50 emma-g

Posted 24 December 2010 - 06:57 AM

Merry Christmas to everyone,I hope you all have some time to relax original.gif

and congrats Gemma on the birth of Lucas!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.