September 09 Parents # 36

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

#51 ~raindrops~on~roses~

Posted 24 December 2010 - 08:10 AM

Mel - Meant to say the other day - you poor thing having such a scary day the other day! Where were you parked when all that rain happened? We just had a great storm to watch here, no damage.
Lila is a nightmare pulling stuff out of cupboards too. We have locks on the cupboards we can but two corner ones we can't and she's right in there having a ball!! She's not strong enough to open the fridge, luckily!

Tylie - I'm not sure what  your DS usually eats but I know Lila will mostly eat what we do when camping. I can always make her some mashed veg anyway... Do you have a camping fridge or an esky? You could always make a batch at home and take a few frozen packages in snap lock bags. This is what I did when we travelled for two weeks when Lila was 7 months but we had a gas fridge that I could keep frozen stuff in. Mash is the way to go, just boil or steam the hell out of all sorts of vege & mash with a fork.

Sherri - bbighug.gif

Gemma - LOVE the name Lucas!! Hope you're home for Christmas!

Jen

#52 minich

Posted 24 December 2010 - 09:30 PM

Hi girls, it is super hot here and poor Moana is really feeling it. She's just now gone to sleep in front of the fan. I keep putting her down without her wrap or woombie and she keeps waking herself up & screaming from pulling at her own hair. It is very cute though.

Gemma - Congrats on another boy. I hope you are both doing well.

4+1 - Thinking of you babe.  hhugs.gif Enjoy your watch. Lucky you having a man that loves giving jewellery. I'd just love a man that loves giving anything. I'll be lucky if I even get a card tomorrow.

Jen - I hope you have nice weather for camping.

Tylie - Yay for walking!

Ness - Good to hear that you are on the mend with your panic attacks.

Sorry for those I've missed.
I probably won't get a chance to get on tomorrow so Merry Christmas all my friends. I hope you all get spoilt rotten and your day is filled with lots of love.

C xo

Edited by minich, 16 January 2011 - 09:34 AM.

#53 specialtreat

Posted 25 December 2010 - 12:24 AM

A very Merry Christmas,Happy,Healthy and Safe new Year xxxx  
biggrin.gif

Edited by *4+1more*, 25 December 2010 - 12:25 AM.

#54 ZombieFerretOfDoom

Posted 25 December 2010 - 09:01 AM

Happy Christmas everyone!

Sorry I haven't been posting - I've been reading but usually find by the time I've finished reading and am ready to post I have a Small Person demanding attention!

Ellie's walking now - still the unsteady totter but she's getting better every day. Wants to hold your hand and walk everywhere.

My love to all of you - especially those of you who will be feeling the loss of your angel babies today.

#55 specialtreat

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:26 PM

Gee very quiet in here...What did everyone get for Christmas?

The best pressy I got was my watch from DH and the worst was a satin pillow case and a Christmas tea towel from MIL rolleyes.gif  hummm! normally I get perfume, jewellery, nice PJ's etc...wonder what I did to deserve a pillow case and a tea towel  laugh.gif  
hope everyone is still enjoying their Christmas break. DH is home tomorrow I really missed him on Christmas day  sad.gif

Edited by *4+1more*, 04 January 2011 - 12:12 PM.

#56 ~*Ness~*

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:43 PM

I've been reading but it has been very quiet in here.

Busy Xmas for us. Few days of unpacking and sorting out all the new toys! Been relaxing the last few days poor Ava is exhausted! Looking forward to nye we are going to my best friends place and she has cocktails planned!

Sherri that watch is gorgoeus. original.gif

Caroline poor moana, our place is so hot too and zara is struggling with it. Going to chase real estate again after ny for our fans request.

#57 mlto

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:25 PM

Hi everyone,

I hope everyone had a lovely christmas! Cooper had the best day! He loved unwrapping his presents, his favourite was his vacume cleaner! And it still is! He drags it everywhere. He got a small bike and he loves to ride it round the house, he has grown up so much lately! He tries so hard to keep up with the big kids.

How is everyone with school aged kids finding the holidays? I am over it already. Trying to find things to do is hard! Luckily I have a friend who hates staying home on the holidays so we decided to meet up once or twice a week at a park. Its expensive with 4 kids to go anywhere! A play centre charges nearly as much as the kids for Cooper!

Any exciting plans for NYE? We are probably going to see the fireworks at 9pm down at Panthers, I was invited to my friends place, don't know if I will be able to manage to slip away kid-less!

Anyways should go to bed I think!

Nite all original.gif

PS Sherri LOVE the watch!!!!!

#58 dixilee83

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:47 PM

wow has been quite i here lately

#59 love 5

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:08 AM

hi to everyone ..

i m joining in ive been on eb for years and i probably was in some of the pg journeys with you due in september ?

unsure on why i havent been here ???? anyway..

i have 5 kids and my baby of them all was born 24/09/09...

im still bf her on demand ,,, trying to cut it back as ive had enough of these wake up nights still wanting a bf .. she was up 3 times last night crying to be bf ,, we co sleep so i trying to turn my back on her when she starts i could handle waking up once but 3 ive had enoughim buggered  ohmy.gif

i hope everyone had a wonderful xmas and a great new years  biggrin.gif

have good day everyone... i look forward to getting to know everybody ...

p.s gemma congratulations on your baby boy ,,

#60 specialtreat

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:10 AM

Welcome back, I think I remember you from our Due in group. I remember we have similar aged kids  biggrin.gif

My little Miss has not had a B Feed in 6 days  sad.gif even though she was still wanting to "have" me she was not taking much, so was more of a comfort/habit for her. Since she hasn't had any B milk her appetite and eating has improved lots biggrin.gif  So while I am sad she is no longer B Feeding and that I will Never B Feed again cry1.gif
I am happy that she is eating well and now I can get some decent bras and get theses girl's back up to where thy belong laugh.gif

School holidays are driving me mad!!!
not much else to report...Hope everyone is having a good start to the new year
xx

Edited by *4+1more*, 15 January 2011 - 09:07 PM.

#61 minich

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:39 AM

Happy New Year all. Hope we all have a great 2011.

4+1 - Nice watch. I also got a Christmas teatowel from my Mum but I quite like it.  laugh.gif

Savina - Hi, welcome to our group.  waves.gif  Poor you still up 3 times a night feeding. What is your babe's name?

AFM - We are home after a few days of travelling around visiting & enjoying other peoples air con & pools. Some of you may have read my post but I had a bit of an incident with my SIL attempting to BF Moana  huh.gif She has since apologised so all is good. I have still got DH home for another week so I'm hoping to get heaps done around the house but I doubt it. He turns into a bit grump in the heat.    
I'm so excited, my brothers wife is due soon & she lives just down the road. I can't wait to have a new Mum IRL so close to hang with.  ddance.gif

Did anyone make any new years resolutions. Mine usually the same every year to eat well & exercise more.

C xo

Edited by minich, 16 January 2011 - 09:35 AM.

#62 specialtreat

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:15 PM

ohmy.gifMinich I must have missed your post about your SIL trying to BF Moana. Glad she apologised and all is ok though (but how strange blink.gif )

I haven't made any new years resolutions, I don't stick to them anyway laugh.gif

#63 love 5

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:48 AM

minich - my bubbas name is Rayden ,,, wink.gif  wink.gif  and wow thats weired your sil tried to bf your baby ? why may i ask  ?
;
4+1-  , how old are your kids? and sorry to hear your little miss is stopping the bf....mine is the complete opposite strange really as i wish she wouldnt want it so much , she is getting bigger and dp keeps pointing it out  sad.gif what date was dd born ?

off to get a new windscreen which has been damaged 4 years  and new dress for a wedding this sunday ...

#64 ~*Ness~*

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:14 AM

Caroline I saw your post I can't believe she did that. Good to hear she recognises it was really wrong.

Hi savina welcome back, I remember u from our due in group. original.gif

#65 specialtreat

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:21 AM

I will catch up with you guys on FB for a while.

Edited by *4+1more*, 15 January 2011 - 09:08 PM.

#66 minich

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:08 PM

Savina - Here's a link to my thread. http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...;#entry12519133

Hey, did someone mention before about starting Friday photo back up again. I think it's a great idea. I'm sure you all put up photos on FB but I don't hang out there much & would love to see how our bubbas are all progressing. So if your keen lets make this week a Christmas theme. Looking forwards to some pics. (I hope I remember)

C xo

#67 on-a-ride

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:26 AM

wrong section sorry

Edited by on-a-ride, 07 January 2011 - 10:28 AM.

#68 LittleMuffin

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:40 PM

Hi girls!

So sorry, I always forget to come and look in here!

Had an awesome chrissy, was very hectic though!

Still knackered, all the time thanks to Sophie! The last few months she has been having more and more bottled overnight  huh.gif  I'm too tired at night to try and get her back to sleep without feeding her so I've been giving in. Tonight though, is the first night of no more feeds, it's just rediculus! Same as you Sherri, she hasn't been eating much lately because she's so full of milk all the time! So fingers crossed tonight goes well, she has a good set of lungs and can scream very loudly!!

Yes to friday photo, will make me get my camera out instead of just using my ipone all the time!

Will be back tomorrow (hopefully) for a proper post

xx

#69 the4rugrats

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:52 PM

Am back from my holiday.....but I am about to go off to bed at 8:30. The time difference is a pain...its 8:30 here, (11:30 in Vic), and I was up at 6am, at the moment my body's still on Vic time and its calling for bed. ssleep.gif
Have weaned Trudi during the holidays, no more BF for her  sad.gif ...the bottle is still an on/off thing so nights have not been fun... hopefully being in her own bed will stop the 2-3 wake ups during the night and we can all get a good nights sleep.

Back tomorrow...or whenever the unpacking gets done!!

#70 ~*Ness~*

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:16 AM

Where is everyone! On FB it seems!

Jo did you wean Trudi due to your BFP? How are you doing?

Tara I didnt realise Sophie was still up heaps at night. Poor thing you must be exhausted. Zara has finally settled down now, she is in bed about 6:30pm then usually wakes at 5am when I hand her a bottle, she drinks it herself then goes back to sleep until about 6. I have tried putting her down later in order to get her up later but no way, her clock starts at 6am no matter what time she is in bed.

I am so proud of my big girl, she seems to finally have the night time TT sorted, no accidents for 5 nights straight!! Off to buy her a present for it today, she is obsessed with barbie and noticed a heap of "kelly" dolls in DJ's the other day (barbies little sister, I had no idea she had such a big family tree!) original.gif

Anyone feeling that things around the house just seem to pile up no matter what I do. I feel like I am vacumming every 2nd day now carpet is always a mess, junk piles up no matter how many times I move it. I am the only one here who does any cleaning or tidying and its driving me mad at the moment.

Zara had her 1st day at daycare yesterday, and she did ok. No crying or distress and she had 2 sleeps but she refused to eat anything. Poor bub had nothing to eat AT ALL since dinner the night before. They said its normal that they dont eat at 1st, and that she was happy all day unless they tried to feed her. I am back in the office Mon and Fri now so will feed her a big brecky before I drop her on Fri in case she is still going with her hunger strike! sad.gif I am stoked now though we have more routine, girls in care Mon and Fri and I get to go to work, which is great I have been struggling with doing 2 days from home the past few months its so hard with Zara she wont let me work! Now I just have 1 day a week to do from home, easy keep an eye on emails and just a couple of hours 2 nights and its done.

Big week for me too, I quit smoking 2 days ago. Health reasons obviously but the cost is just ridiculous. I never have a spare cent as I smoke all my monthly spending money away. Cant wait to be able to buy some new shoes, and all sorts of things now! But its hard, DH is useless no support whatsoever but I expected that. My anxiety is going ok, off to see my Dr this morning to discuss meds, she switched me to something new before xmas and I tried it for 2 days and it made me so sick I threw it out. Wish the anxiety would just go away but its always there in the back of my mind. I am more in control when I feel an attack coming on now and seem to be able to calm myself back down, but I havent tackled my big driving issues yet, am still staying local for now. sad.gif

#71 minich

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:29 PM

Ness - Good luck with your smoke quitting.

So does anyone have theme ideas for Friday photos?

#72 ~raindrops~on~roses~

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:56 PM

Ness - Good on your for quitting! I can't believe the way people spend money on cigarettes! It's so expensive hey! Also alcohol is hugely expensive! I very rarely go to the bottle shop coz my husband does so he just sometimes gets me something but I went just before Christmas and nearly died when a 6 pack of UDL's was almost $20!!!! I just can't justify that! Think I'll stick to sweet wines... I can handle the cheap ones biggrin.gif
Good luck with Zara at daycare, hope she eats soon... can you send something from home that she's used to?
I hear you on the messy house and floors too! It's non stop!

Caroline - I am completely shocked at your SIL for attempting BF with Moana... especially as she didn't ask and she's not currently bf'ing.... I am potentially open to people feeding other babies with consent and if it's necessary but not otherwise nno.gif You poor thing, I'd be quite upset too. Glad she has apologised!

Sherri - Sorry this isn't seeming a safe place for you sad.gif I don't get some people, what's with stalkers!!
If you do read here... sorry to hear Chloe is weaning, it'd be sad for your last baby sad.gif I don't mind that Lila doesn't eat heaps coz I know she is getting all that good stuff from my milk still. And it's FREE!! laughing2.gif

Jo - Sad to imagine Trudi weaned just coz she's so small sad.gif But I weaned no 1 when preg with no 2 as well... just liked the idea of a little break! I thought Trudi was always a good sleeper? Lila is very unpredictable probably 50% sleeping through at the moment but it seems the nights she wakes, she wakes a lot and is very hard to settle. I resorted to co sleeping and bf'ing while we were away but have to crack down on it now we're home.

Savina - Welcome! Co-sleeping and stopping night feeds sounds tricky!! Does your DP think Rayden is too old for bf?? That's so not right!! Tell him to check out the WHO website or ABA or something... keep it up I say!! My Lila is still feeding and still will be for at least 6 months I'd say. I'm not planning any more babies so I'm not sure when will be the point I say 'it's time to wean...' I doubt she'll wean herself either!

AFM - Christmas and holiday was great, now it's back to normal life, plus planning the next two trips! Fraser island in April then a 3 month trip round Australia starting in August!! Can't wait, much to plan though!

Kids going nuts, BBL

Jen

#73 Guest_ttgc_*

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:02 PM

Hi all,

Sorry its been so long been so busy with xmas, camping and new year was a great time thats for sure so many funny stories.

Ness - Good job with the not smoking I am getting there and will stop again just not sure when but it will be sometime this year.  How is Zara going with daycare now??

4+1more - Hope your ok

Caroline - I would have lost it 2 why would anyone think that was ok?

Savina - Welcome, sorry I am not much help when it comes to babies that don't sleep, I started laying down the law (so to speak) from about 3 weeks with DD and 1 week with DS and I am very lucky that they are both very good sleepers.  DS was not too good with his first 2 teeth but since then he has been great.

Were is everyone else???

AFM- It was great having DH home for 4 weeks I don't think we even had one little fight original.gif maybe a few words hear and there but that was it.  DH had a fall the first day of camping, dam new ski didn't come off when he fell and he hurt is ankle which is still hurting him but he is back at work and dealing with it as much as he can.  DS is doing really well starting to really under stand when you tell him something which is great and he is talking so much its great.  DD on the other hand is having her days some days she is the good girl we all love and not an issue but seems 4 out of 7 days she is back chatting and screaming at me driving me nuts but will keep working on it.  I am trying to spend some more one on one time with her might be part of the issue.  My weight is still coming off but is slowing down again not much more to go original.gif but then I think I am so happy that I might try and drop an exta 5 will see how I go

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.