May 08 Parents # 80

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
62 replies to this topic

#26 Cantankerous

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:46 PM

ITS OFFICIAL I AM A REGISTED NURSE (EN)

The nurses board finally approved it YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY

So off to do my meds next year and hopefully a better job by this time next year.

Edited by *~Lisa~*, 16 December 2010 - 03:50 PM.

#27 kgbird34

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:06 AM

Hello Ladies!  YAY School holidays, I'm breathing a sigh of relief!  No more school runs for a while and all the madness of end of year over.  Just mucking about cleaning up and computering in my jammies while Grace plays with Bells -- BLISS!!!!  Of course Ed is in bed at the moment otherwise I'd be playing with him  biggrin.gif .  OMG he is so cute, little fatty just lays there and smiles most of the time, although he cracks it when he rolls onto his tummy and can't figure out what to do next.  He is the most easygoing little darling and I thank God every day when I spend most of them wrangling Bella!
LAM I'm so sorry about your breakup, I read your venting post and I do think he was being a bit unreasonable but just missing you at the end of the day, although I don't think you did anything wrong either, of course Bridie needs to come first when she isn't feeling well.  He could have just said he was missing you and then waited a bit longer!  I hope you can work it out if that's what you want  bbighug.gif  and you have a lovely Christmas!!  How is the patient going now?
HOPE how are you going with the resume?  What sort of job are you after?  I'm going back to work in May for 2 days a week while the kids are little, will up it to 3 later.  Of course if DH finishes his business I will have to pick up extras to full time really, while he can be a stay at home dad for a while!  He's thinking of doing that in a couple of years but he won't last long at home, he's a workaholic.  How's the sleeping going?  And the TT chart?  I so need to start TT Bella, I have bought so many undies but am 1.  waiting for warmer weather which never seems to come and 2.  too lazy.
LISA YAY to the registration!  Nice to see you the other day.  
BLESSED Hello!
TPM Hello rudolph, how are you!?  Are you relieved all the kinder stuff is over?  It goes crazy at the end of the year I reckon.  That little doodah you got to keep Aley in the carseat, I got one for Bell and she rips it off quick as look at it, or just slides it down the straps and gets her arms out.  She's a nightmare!
KATH How's your mum going?  Grace and I watch a show on 7two called Escape to the Country, and the presenters name is Catherine Gee!  Makes me think of you  biggrin.gif .  Have you got your SS pressies yet?
Oh, and one more thing Bells did; we have a painter here at the moment doing all our windows and roofy bits and the other day he was on the garage roof doing the gables.  I was washing my hair at the kitchen sink and looked out the back and Bella was up the ladder as high as the roof  ohmy.gif .  I rushed out there and she calmly started climbing back down.  Beast!  DH has spent the whole weekend in the yard and the pool is pristine and ready to swim in but it's freezing cold and I think we could ice skate on it before swim!!  I was getting a bit despondent about the state of the yard and it looks great after 2 days!  Very impressed.  Well I'm off xxx me.

#28 KnightsofNi

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:33 PM

Lisa - That is fantastic news!!

Rachel - My head is spinning from your very, very long post.

I am looking at getting a job 3 days per week. I will probably just get an admin job. I can't really go back to my field part time. I need a family friendly job.

We are broke, so I need to go back to work. Plus I think I will enjoy it. I need more of a life balance.

Off to try and finish off my CV. A friend has sent my details through to a guy about a job which sounds really good. I need to have my CV ready to email through.

5 sleeps to Christmas!!

#29 Guest_kalita_*

Posted 24 December 2010 - 09:50 AM

Merry Christmas original.gif I hope Santa is nice to you all. He has already been nice to me: a new lounge suite, 2 pairs of awesome heels, and a massage original.gif

#30 Cantankerous

Posted 25 December 2010 - 04:56 AM

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

Hope all the kids enjoy their presents.

I got a beautiful pair of diamond earrings to match my engagment ring.

I'm off to work which sucks but at least I get to see my kids this afternoon.

#31 KnightsofNi

Posted 25 December 2010 - 07:27 PM

Merry Christmas everyone!!! I hope you, your partner and all the various children have had a lovely day.

Everyone in my house certainly did.

My kids have been given so many presents, by DH and I and family and friends. Seriously, rediculous amounts. Shocking amounts. To start of with they got a swing set and slide. On top of that she got a kids lap top, a kids games console, a tag reader, an esprit jacket, about 50 books, a lego table and heaps heaps more. DS got heaps of stuff to.

I was surprisingly spoilt. No diamonds alas, but I did get a Tom Tom, a hand bag that I had my eye on and a digital set top box and a bunch of other stuff. I was thoroughly spoilt.

Kids are now both in bed. I am exhausted. I got up with DS at 4.30am and have not stopped all day. I have eaten heaps, talked heaps and i am ready to drop. But I couldn't go to sleep without wishing you all a Merry Christmas.

I loved seeing Annabelle's face light up when she got things she particularly liked. She was so gorgeous. She was given a fairy costume and she was so beautiful wearing it, dancing around sprinkling 'fairy dust' on everyone. She makes me love her more every day. DS was very cute. He would reach out to hold any present that came near him. He particularly loved the foil wrapping paper.

Sleep well tonight all.

#32 KnightsofNi

Posted 01 January 2011 - 12:10 PM

Happy New Year everyone!!!

2011 is going to be a fantastic year. For us all!! (I wonder if anyone will have a baby this year.....)

#33 Cantankerous

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:47 PM

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hope this one is good for everyone.

Anyone have any big plans this year?

Ours is to buy land am looking at a few places now but not really in a position to buy but we hope by the end of the year we will have some!

#34 Guest_kalita_*

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:44 AM

Happy new year lovelies original.gif I am looking forward to it!

#35 kgbird34

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:50 PM

Hello my chickens, happy new year!!!!!!!!  Well you'll all think I'm crazy but this is the year that I will get slim and healthy by having yet more fat surgery!  I thought I'd never go there again but struggle too much on my own, I am just prone to the old fat!  I have had an appointment to have a gastric sleeve and will most likely get it done in March or April.  So my resolution is to survive it with no complications and kick a*se after that and be fit and healthy for my family.  That will do for this year!  I had the best Christmas and a nice new years eve although everyone in the family was asleep at midnight except for me but it was very nice.  We had a big BBQ with friends and family and I even got into the pool!  Speaking of the pool I gave Grace psychological damage a few days ago by 'skinny dipping' and she was wearing her goggles, not a good sight   laughing2.gif but never mind!  Bells didn't seem to care and neither did I!  Oh, another resolution is to get Bells toilet trained.  I really must start properly!
KALITA hello darling, I'm glad you are looking forward to this year!  How is little miss E?  Did she have a lovely Xmas?  Hope you did too xx
LAM good to hear you and the man are happy  biggrin.gif good on ya!  How's the holiday going?
HOPE your xmas sounded lovely, everyone was thoroughly spoiled!  Good to see.  Good luck with the job hunting.
LISA lucky you to get the diamond earrings!  I just love diamonds.  How's work going, any improvement with the cows?
Well that might be all for me at the mo, must get to bed.  I'm trying to get enough energy up for a BD, we need to have a few more so DH can have his test to make sure he is firing all blanks, the way we are going it'll be another 3 years before we get there.  Ed has gone to his own room - this is his second night, so we can scream the house down.  Yeah right.   glare.gif .  That is all.  xx me.

#36 winelover

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:34 PM

Happy New Year Girlies!!

Sorry if it seems I dropped off the face of EB.  We haev been home for a week, but it has taken me that long to recover from the trip away.

Firstly I need to thank my 2 secret santas.  I received a beautiful keepsake box (that Tayla already has her eyes on) and a rack of cocktail mixes. woo hoo - 3 of them are mixed up already and in the freezer ready to go.  Yum berscrum!

Rach - wishing you all the best with the surgery and your 2011 goals.  I will try and kick your ass and keep you motivated wink.gif But you will need to kick mine first.... i'm afraid my body and health habits have been put out to pasture whilst away on holidays. Even though I still weigh the same, I am definitely fatter... some serious toning needed here. Although I am enjoying the vegging!

Lisa - good luck with your goal to buy land

Hope - OMG! I do wonder if anyone will have a baby this year?? I have just been thinking how nice babies are...  I can now see why some people have a few... but not me (just had to clarify that for you)  Here's a word that we haven't spoken of for a while...VAGINA....I was looking at some of Tayla's pics from the day I came home from hospital with her...thinking back I remembered how sore my body was..I kind of like the way my fanny feels at the moment!

As for me... I think I will try and be nicer and more caring towards my husband this year... even if he "doesn't get" how crazy arsenic hour is.. then he walks in the door just as it is over .. and wonders why I snap his head off.  I really don't think his life has changed that much since having kids... apart from getting a grumpy wife!

Happy New Year girls original.gif

#37 winelover

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:41 PM

KATH How's your mum going? Grace and I watch a show on 7two called Escape to the Country, and the presenters name is Catherine Gee! Makes me think of you

I'm just reading back... and found this.  Tell you a funny story... my husbands ex-wife is called Catherine, and she still goes by Gee (Cathy Gee) My name is Kathryn and I go by (Kathy Gee) Griffith has a population of about 25,000.  Yes, we do know a lot of the same people.  Guess, I am the "new" Kathy Gee wink.gif

#38 Autumn_Anonymous

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:47 PM

ph34r.gif  waves.gif  blush.gif

#39 winelover

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:15 AM

Hi Autumn  waves.gif  how are you?

#40 kgbird34

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:55 AM

Reveal yourself Autumn Anonymous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#41 ToodlePopsMum

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:32 AM

Hi everyone!

Sorry for the MIA! Has been a hectic month with J's birthday and Christmas and then we went away for a few days.

Oh and to answer Hopes question about babies this year...put me on the NO WAY IN HELL list original.gif

Will BBL with a bigger post - just wanted to pop in and say hi waves.gif

#42 Guest_kalita_*

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:12 PM

Hi Bec original.gif Haven't seen you around for a while now!

Today is my first solo-kid day in over two weeks, it's a huge adjustment Tounge1.gif Thank god she slept after lunch so I could too!

#43 blessedwithblueandpink

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:21 PM

Hi All
Happy new year!

WL : Hope you ended up having a nice time away, wasnt sure whether it was worth the treck or not!!!

Rachael : Best of luck with the surgery - hope you were swinging from the rafters the other night!

HFTF : Glad the xmas was a success and the kids had a ball too.

Lisa : Well  done on your RN. Sorry you had to work.

Kalita : Glad you also had a nice christmas and I am sure you did something nice to wish angel Claire a happy christmas too.x

LAM : Hope its all going we ll with partner again!

TPM : You sound so busy hope you can have a rest from it all now the silly season is over!

Us : We had a nice xmas, nothing major the usual eating  and then more eating and then more eating again!
Kids good, but hectic as always with the 4. Rian is standing on his own and will walk soon I would say. Looking forward to alot calmer year this yr with no bloody renovations and extensions!!!!

RE the baby news for this year well there was something I was going to say.............................................................................
.................................................................................
......NO WAY IN HELL  to steal TPM  phrase!!!!!!

byeee

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

#44 winelover

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:26 PM

Blessed ...lol.... you crack me up!

#45 KnightsofNi

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:34 PM

You had me for a second Blessed.

It doesn't seem there will be any planned babies this year, but maybe an ooops baby. I just hope it is not me! I am soooooooooo not wanting another baby. I love my baby (and my toddler), but another child would well and truly tip me over the edge.

Owen had his first day in childcare yesterday. Well it was only a few hours. It went really well. He even had a sleep. The staff were in love with him. Everybody loves a smiley baby with dimples.

Annabelle is at her first ever sleep over tonight. It is really, really weird her not being home. I miss her.

I got my first job rejection today. Part time jobs seem to be very hard to come by (unless you are a nurse). I may have to choose between being a SAHM or working full time. I don't want to work full time, but I don't think we can really afford for me to be a SAHM anymore. Grrrrrrrrr.

I wanted to post some photos, but I can't get me camera to work. I will attempt to work it out. But in the meantime, I think everyone should post an up to date photo of the kidiwinks.

Bye.

#46 Cantankerous

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:34 PM

Those on face book would of seen this pic but it has to be one of my favorites all year.

Not much going on here. Sore DP and horses.

Had my colt gelded (nuts chopped out) he reacted to the sedation and went over the top of the crush he was in and had cuts and blood everywhere. Got him home and his stabled and changing bandages daily and its slowing improving but didnt need the vet bills.

And Dp is still feeling the affects of wrangling a pony lol It stood on his leg and his got a bruise from knee to bottom of foot.

Fun and games here.

#47 KnightsofNi

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:23 PM

Some photos from me.

#48 KnightsofNi

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:25 PM

hkhasdkhaksjhdaskhdakhdkajshkdk

And the kids and I at the Magic Cave.

#49 Guest_kalita_*

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:13 PM

Did you have blonde hair before Heidi? Maybe I am making it up. Brown suits you, at any rate biggrin.gif

At any rate, if we are sharing photos here is my blonde haired monster:

Hopefully there are no babies here either! Not likely and if it happened I wouldn't say no but I am loving E being older and more independent now, especially since I have been unwell. If only she would TT and play by herself for more than 20 minutes I would be set Tounge1.gif

#50 KnightsofNi

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:23 PM

She has gorgeous hair Kalita!

My hair is still blonde. It is just the light in the photo. I kind of have darkish blonde hair. I don't colour it, only highlight it, which makes it a little blonder from time to time.

While I was working out how to post photos again, I have added some photos to another thread. I thought I would post the links here in case you are interested.

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...;#entry12568144

Thread on toy rooms.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.