October 08 Parents # 66

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
109 replies to this topic

#101 bec8112

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:40 PM

Mel - I 'liked' her page! I love the Ikea chair covers, I was thinking the other day if Hannah is too small for the ikea chair???? Maybe something like her cover might help???? When did you start using the Ikea highchair with Tom??? Ewwwww Tri in the canal will be gross! My parents live in Noosa Waters and the water is ok in there but still I would not swim in it! ha ha ha.  I hope Tom is better soon.

I took Hannah to Speechie group this morning as my Mum was busy and she was a nightmare! She cried for most of it because she was tired and did not want to sleep in the pram or my arms! Grrrrrrr so I missed most of the group walking around the room with her. Luckily the Speech Pathologist was good and did all the stuff with Ethan still.

Sorry no more time at the moment, got some stuff to get done before the kids wake up.

#102 themelster

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:50 PM

Dylmah, I haven't always done them - last week was my first time.  Cyclone season must get pretty scary up there.

Bec - I've only been using mine for a few months. She does do padded ones for babies though.   Thank you for liking her page!

#103 Twin Mum Runner

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:57 PM

Bec - I used to take Mahalia to Dylan's therapy playgroup and had to wear her in the ergo. I spent many sessions walking around with her trying to calm her down. She now likes to participate in the group, so last term, I put her in FDC so I could concentrate on Dylan. It is so much easier with just the one kid, hey!?

Mel - That is really cool that you got such a great time for your first tri, and that you're going back for more. Perhaps a full face mask and snorkle is in order for sunday. We've only had one cyclone come close since we've been up here, and that was pre kids. I was all ready for it, but it changed course a few hours before it was due to hit Darwin. I'll have to get Sam to clean up the yard when he gets home on Saturday as he is due to sail on Monday.

Mahalia's just woken, and isn't sounding happy.
BBL

#104 meeskamouska

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:42 PM

Evening Girls.

Mel - hope u get a better sleep tonite with Tom. Hate blah days too. Will check out that FB page when I get a minni.

#105 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:26 PM

On Ab's and stronger pain killers ... fingers crossed for some recovery by tomorrow as I have a 3 hr massage/spa package to enjoy.

Just not up to posting much else.

Hope you and your little one's are good.

Sharna

#106 Small Potatoes

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:28 AM

Sharna Maybe the spa package will help.

Georgia & Mel we were in a cyclone when we lived in Darwin, back when I was about 5 or 6. It was only a category 2 and Dad was outside taking photos  ohmy.gif .  Also in an earth quake whilst up there.  When I was flying there was a cyclone coming towards Cairns, but we took off from Bris anyways.  We were just about to divert but had one more shot at landing, got in - in a window of clearer weather.  the only plane to get in and out in about 4 days and man was it bumpy.

Mel Good luck on your second short course this weekend.  Have liked and tried to suggest to friends but FB keeps sh*tting itself when I do that

AFM DH has gone to LA and will be back on Wednesday.  Will slept in my room last night.  While I am putting Olly to bed he runs into his room grabs his pillows.  I say time for Will's bed and he says Will's bed is in Mummy's room.  Too cute to refuse.

#107 meeskamouska

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:39 AM

Mands - I too had a bed visitor last night. CR. Hey... have u been going onto the soap forum, Tracyann? Or am I mistaken?

Sharna - Ow a spa package...nice one. Pain killers honey...numb everything & relax!! Hope the Ab's kick in soon.

Thinking I need to buy CR a bed today. Starting to wonder if thats what keeps her waking in the night. LOL, worth a try. hehehehe.

#108 Small Potatoes

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:42 AM

No, mistaken.  I have registered but I don't htink I have posted.  My name is amandajl23 or amandajl

#109 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:01 AM

Feeling slightly better this morning, just tired. Aidan woke and fed twice overnight which is a little unusual for him. Might be because my supply is down a little due to not drinking as much water. Nadia woke at 0530 this morning and wouldnt go back to sleep. Really need to get darker curtains... on my list of things to do tomorrow i think. Still got the CBF's to do much else today.

Spa package was a gift from my sister. One of those Spreets daily deals and it needs to be used by monday. I am looking forward to it.

Night out? Anyone ready to make a firm date?

Mands - I wish Nadia would sleep in our bed.. what i mean by that is if I bring her into bed with me she seems to think it is playtime and wont sleep. Plus because Aidan is in the room with us also (WIR... haha, Nat has seen the set up!) she wakes him with her noise. Must be nice though to have someone to snuggle up to while Danny is away.

Nat - Nadia is sleeping really well in her day bed setup but we still have it against the wall so she cant get out. Are you going to get CR a proper single bed?

Cyclones - I think I have been through about 5 or 6 bad ones. Winifred, Joy (Christmas Eve) and Larry are the biggest ones I remember. I grew up in Babinda/Cairns.

BBL

Gotta try and do some stuff around this house this morning. Dan has been really good the last few days cooking dinner and helping with the kids but he generally sucks at washing, folding, sweeping etc.

Sharna

#110 themelster

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:36 AM

Oh Sharna!  Enjoy your spa treatment!!!!

Girls night - are we thinking before xmas? Or Jan?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.