October 08 Parents # 66

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
109 replies to this topic

#26 themelster

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:14 PM

Oh dear Sharna.  Poor Miss N.  It's always a worry when the allergic reaction to anything is in the face area.  I'm glad it was nothing serious.  Did they put the sirens on  biggrin.gif

Race went well this morning after a bad start.  I had my alarm set to 4.30am (had to get up there, park, rack bike, get numbered etc and the race was meant to start at 6.30am), Mark woke me at 4.50am as my alarm hadn't gone off.  I grabbed my stuff and my brekky and made it to Aspley (about 20 mins away...) when Mark rang me to let me know I'd left my bike helmut at home.  It was p*ssing down rain, I was late, and I thought "bugger it".  Texted my girlfriend Suzie who was going to drive up to watch me to let her know I'd thrown in the towl and wasn't going to worry about it.  So I turned around for him and got home and had second thoughts.  Raced upstairs, grabbed my helmut and made it to Bribie by 6.15am.  Raced around like a blue-a*sed fly only to find out that it actually started at 6.45 am so I had plenty of time.  As it was, my wave didn't swim off until about 7,15am.  The showers stopped and the sun actually came out a bit for my race.  By the time I'd finished it was absolutely p*ssing down though!  I wouldn't want to have been riding in that!  

Not sure what my time was.  I'm hoping for under the hour mark.  Won't know until results are up on the web on Wednesday.  

So glad I perservered and did it!

#27 meeskamouska

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:19 PM

Oh wow, what a drama filled morning Mel . Good for u that u still did it. Hope your time is good. U should feel proud of your effort.

Sharna - glad N is good today.

Josh wants to get his tounge pierced. What do u say to that. I hate tounge piercings...hate them!!

#28 themelster

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:36 PM

LOL Nat - I dread the day Tom wants to do that. I had my nose pierced when I was young. And about 6 in my ear and my lip (not all at once). So it will be hypocrital for me to put my foot down. Although I probably still will!  It's not like Tom will know my past!  Funnily enough, I hate tongue piercings too. And eyebrows. Probably eyebrows the most.

#29 bec8112

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:01 PM

Sharna - oh how scary! How is Nadia this morning?

Mel - well done on the tri! I bet your time will be great!

Oops Dave just got home with my bread for lunch so better go and make lunch. Might BBL.

#30 Twin Mum Runner

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:12 PM

Sharna - How scary! I'm glad Nadia is okay though.

Mel - Well done!

Nat - I have a few piercings, including my tongue which I've had done for 11 years. I don't think that facial piercings should be done until you are least 18 though, and they have been given a lot of thought. My parents told me I couldn't get my tongue peirced until I left home, but I snuck out and got it done. I did wait until I had finished school, and it was something I had wanted and thought about for about 2 years before I got it done. If Dylan or Mahalia ever asked for their tongue or another face piercing, I would make them wait until they had finished school, and ensure that it wasn't just a passing fad.

Go to run, Dylan's just had an accident on the toilet floor.

#31 cojajoch

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:36 PM

Hi all

Mel - Well done on the tri, hope you get the results you are wanting original.gif

Nat - I got my tongue pierced when I was 18, it wasn't a done thing back then LOL. I took it out about a year or so ago when I went to the dentist and had to get $1100 of fillings on the back of my front teeth because of it. I swallowed many a tongue bar because of the ball working lose, and I managed to get a habit of rubbing it against the roof of my mouth in my sleep. Having said that, I love my tongue piercing, just because it meant something to me, and I do miss it. They are accepted in todays society and most people aren't bothered by them. I wouldn't let any of my kids get one until they were 18 though.

Sharna - I am glad your little miss is ok, must have been scary for you all. I wonder what it was that set her off.

As for us - didn't do a lot today. Kids have all been sick, stupid weather. They decided to share with me, so I have felt ordinary all day. Had a plumber here most of the day replacing out shower base as it was cracked. He was nice and unblocked the toilet that the 3yr old stuffed baby wipes down LOL. Only cost me a cup of coffee.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes, hope you have a good night. Talk to you tomorrow.

#32 Small Potatoes

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:00 AM

Missed the thread again  ohmy.gif .

cojajoch WElcome back.  i remember you but not that amazing story and the dramas since.  We are very supportive so you can vent at anytime.
ETA my name is Amanda (mands) and I have two boys, Will is 3 1/2 and Oliver is 2 born the 19th of October.  I am now PG with no 3 which like your no. 4 was unplanned, but I have (will have ) the full 9 months to get used to the idea.

Georgia I only have my ears peicered - twice.  I am too chicken to get anything else done.  Almost got my belly button done, but was too scared. LOL  Big hugs today as your friend leaves.  If you ever come down to visit her make sure to catch up with us.

Nat Got my soap stuff today - well some of it, from WA, waiting for the rest to come by courier from the QLD soap shop.

Mel That is soooo awesome you decided to head back.  Can't wait to hear your time.

Sharna Very scary.  The hairy caterpillars do that to Will.

AFM we were meant to get trees cut down today but is raining.  Still don't have my computer back.  Have had about 20 orders over the weekend so have been super busy doing that, which is good.  Went to Harry Potter in Gold Class last night - can't wait for the last movie.

Edited by MistersWandO, 06 December 2010 - 10:01 AM.

#33 meeskamouska

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:32 AM

Morning Girls.
Mands - what did u get from WA?? Their postage is always a killer. I HATE paying for postage. I pick up from Morayfields. Always good to chat soap with her as well. I'm waiting on 2 custom silicone moulds from the states ATM. They're a no liner mould. Soooooo over lining moulds. Cost a bomb but worth it I hope.

Catching up here after the weekend. P has gone back to work. Thank god!! Isn't that terrible. He'll put me in the looney bin one day.
CR is on the daybed watching Minnie. I try to do this everyday. We do morning tea & 10 then 10:30 rest (for mum & her LOL). Then back into activities at 11.

Enjoy your day girls.

#34 themelster

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:52 AM

cojajoach - We were housitting not long ago and Tom got into one of their bathrooms and put the bloo loo thingy (the ones that hang over the bowl) into the toilet and we didn't see it and flushed it - it blocked it up and Mark had to dig around and get it out with a coat hanger.  What is it with toilets and toddlers!  biggrin.gif

Mands - this rain!  Not good for your house!  Looks like it's sticking around too  sad.gif

Nat - Tom was watching a bit of Mickey the other week and Meeskamousa clicked!!!  

Off to work for me today.  I'd rather poke myself in the eye with a hot iron.  Blah.  Just got to push through ano9ther 6 months and then I get my long service leave and can resign.  It's gonna be a tough 6 months!

Tom is going REALLY well with his TT.  I've been taking him out with just undies on, to the shops etc and he just tells me when he needs to go and we rush off and find the closest public loo.  I'm so proud of him.  We havent' had an accident for days.  The test will be kindy.  I'll send him in undies this week and see how he goes.

#35 bec8112

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:02 AM

Mel - that is awesome about Tom and the TT! Ethan is still not at that stage yet. I am too scared to take him out with no nappy!

Mands - yeah the rain is so annoying but it must be hard waiting for the stuff to happen on the block of land and it holding up the building! Grrrr damn rain!

Oh Hannah just woke up so migh BBL.  

#36 meeskamouska

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:05 AM

Wow Mel, thats great with the TT. CR just isn't ready one bit. She was sitting there today & just peed herself everywhere. Didn't say sqat. Just sat in pee....rofl!! We're way back to nappies till after xmas I think. I'm not even going to try till then. She poos & pees everywhere. Only hit the potty once....ever I think.
I'll have your job!! I might b drunk all day though......

#37 themelster

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:10 AM

I didnt expect Tom to do so well. I think he was just ready. I think it has to be the right time for them. Saying that, he'll probably go backwards now! LOL.

Nat - maybe that's what I'm doing wrong - not drinking enough of my own product!

#38 ~mumto2girls~

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:53 PM

Afternoon girls

Mel - im intrigued  what do you do... drink your own product.. must have something to do with alchol....What do you make? LOL sorry for all the questions but sounds very interesting and great work Tom with the TT thats fantastic

Nat - How are you and P going? Hope you guys have managed so sort something out...

Sharna - How is Nadia going? Hope it has all settled down now

Peircings - I have had my belly button done twice, my nose once, and I have 3 in each lower ear lobe and one on the top of my Left ear. My nose ring is now out but would love to have it back in.. I wont pay to get it redone though as it hurt like hell lol and it was quite annoying trying to blow your nose. Not sure what age I would let the girls get peircings. They do have their ears done but maybe 16 i would consider a small nose stud or belly button but will see when the time comes.

TT - Indy has started TT. The last 2 days she has been going and doing poos in there. So that is a start. We have been very busy over the weekend so have had her in nappies most of the time.

Ok back to cleaning. Im doing Kiras room and I cant believe how messy a room can get....

#39 themelster

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:07 PM

Amanda, I'm a rep for a company called Diageo who own Bundy Rum, Smirnoff, johnnie Walker, Guinness plus others. So I call on pubs and bottleshops. It's not as interesting as it sounds!  And I've been doing it for FAR too long!

#40 Fabulous

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:28 PM

Cojajoach- welcome.  smile1.gif My name is Ros and my lil man Jack was born 17 October. He is the youngest of 5 kiddies.

Mel- How awesome that Tom is TT. I haven't bothered trying at all with Jack since he doesn't really talk. I agree that toddlers seem to love toilets, lol. At least Tom only blocked the toilet and didn't eat/suck the bloo loo thing.

Mands- Do you have a contract where you are guaranteed a maximum of 6 months to build from start to finish? We were looking at display homes recently and DH was shocked when most of them wanted a contract with no guaranteed finish time. He is a civil engineer and that kind of thing is unheard of in the construction industry.

Piercings- My rules are 10years for the ears (one set only) and 18 for other piercings. I've seen a few young lads with those piercings where they take a hole out of their ear that is something like 1cm in diameter. Now I would be devastated if my kids ever got one of those...

Edited by ceres, 06 December 2010 - 01:30 PM.

#41 themelster

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:57 PM

I know the ones you mean Ros. I wonder if they will regret them when they are older?

Got my iPhone replaced at Apple today. It kept dropping in and out of reception so there was a problem with the antennae. It was a month out of warranty but they still replaced it. Not bad considering a swim in a portaloo a few months back probably contributed to it's demise quite significantly.......   wwhistle.gif

Edited by themelster, 06 December 2010 - 01:58 PM.

#42 bec8112

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:15 PM

Mel - did they replace it with a 4? That's great they replaced it.

I wrapped the kids Xmas pressies this morning! It looked like Bob and chuggington were taking over my kitchen!!!!! Ha ha ha. Hannah does not have many presents cause we have so many baby/kids toys already.

#43 themelster

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:38 PM

No bec, it was a like for like replacement. That would have been to good to be true!!

#44 cojajoch

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:07 PM

Afternoon all  biggrin.gif

Mel - lucky you with the toilet training. I would love to see the end of nappies. I haven't bothered even trying with Moo yet as she had a couple of operations coming up, so thought it best to just wait so that we don't end up going backwards.
Good that you got a replacement for your phone. I would be lost without my iphone.

Bec - You are organised with the presents, gosh I still only have 4 bought. Oops. The ex is being very unhelpful regarding xmas and helping with paying for presents etc. He isn't paying child support either. It's really starting to annoy me. He is being a selfish t*at.

Ros - Hi original.gif Wow 5 kids, I struggle with 4. What are the ages of yours?? Mine are 10, 6, 3.5 and 2.

Hi to anyone I have forgotten.

AFM - had 3 of the 4 kids home today. Eldest is still fighting a chest infection, other 2 are usually home. I have a stupid head cold, so sat and did not a lot today. Am trying to get up the energy to grocery shop, yuk! Charlotte made me laugh today, she was being a little tea pot and everytime it got to the tip me over part, she would tip so far she would fall over. I ended up having to catch her everytime. LOL

#45 Small Potatoes

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:38 PM

Quick reply as I am off to see our block of land WITH NO TREES  eexcite.gif .

Ros The guaranteed build time is 194 days so 6 1/2 months from the block being cleared so from tomorrow now, with a $50 day rebate for every day it is late.

#46 Fabulous

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:49 PM

Mands- That's awesome. From what I hear you have to keep an eye on things. BIL and SIL built 3 years ago with a big company. After they signed the contract they headed over to live in the UK for a year and when they came back the house was finished. Unfortunately they had used the wrong colour bricks- yellow instead of the creamy- white colour they had chosen.  oomg2.gif

#47 themelster

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:06 PM

Nice work Mands!

Ros, I'd be devastated at that.  What can you do though??  The house is built!  Render it and get the building company to foot the bill?  LOL.

Tri times are in.  48.08.  19th out of 25 of my age group.  I'm happy with that - at least I didn't come last!!!   biggrin.gif

#48 Small Potatoes

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:54 PM

Ros  I would be devastated too if something like that happened.

Mel Awesome result

#49 cojajoch

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:20 PM

Mands - how exciting. You will have to post progress pics for us all to follow.

Mel - great result, well done  biggrin.gif

#50 meeskamouska

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:06 PM

Thats great news Mands. What size block r u building on?? Flat, slopey??? The house I'm in I built with a display home company. It was pretty straight forward. There were no bungles & the builder was more than happy to go the mile to help. It felt like forever though waiting waiting for it to finish.

Mel - I'd b in hospital if I did 48minutes of straight excerise...LOL. I'm glad your happy with your result.

Xmas is soooo close.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.