October 08 Parents # 66

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
109 replies to this topic

#51 bec8112

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:06 PM

Mel - that time is great!!

Mands - oh yeah on the no trees, cannot wait to see sone progress shots in the future.

I am buggered, just had some family over for dinner and I am sitting on the couch now and I am not going to move!!! Ha ha ha.

#52 cojajoch

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:40 AM

Morning all,

Eventful night in my house Grrr! Kids were out playing on the swing after dinner and the 6yr old somehow managed to whack the 3.5yr old in the nose with a stick. Blood everywhere, almost instant black eyes So off to the Dr we went. Dr doesn't think it is broken but just badly bruised. Have to take him for xrays this morning. Poor kid, all he was worried about was that his teddy was bleeding - he didn't realise it was coming from him sad.gif Never a dull moment in this house!

Hope you all have a great day xx

#53 Small Potatoes

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:44 AM

Bec & cojajoch took some pics yesterday and when I get my computer back will post.  Will go and take some more when the pad is cut too.

Nat The block is 1 acre and the building envelope is 1/2 an acre.  The envelope is relatively flat with the other half down a hill that isn't usable land.

Oooh I am soooo sick of the rain.  Have Olly back in disposables as we have about 10 loads of washing to do and don't have a dryer.  Just have stuff hanging around the house.

ETA: Cojajoch - missed your post.  HOpe the 3.5 is okay and the x-rays don't reveal any breaks

Edited by MistersWandO, 07 December 2010 - 09:12 AM.

#54 bec8112

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:50 AM

cojajoch - oh no I hope your 3.5yo is ok and no breaks.

Mands - yeah I am so sick of the rain too! luckily we have a dryer though and most of Hannahs nappies are pockets so I just throw the inserts in the dryer  biggrin.gif

#55 cojajoch

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:42 PM

Nose isn't broken luckilly, just looks really awful. Poor kid sneezed before and it hurt a lot. sad.gif

#56 meeskamouska

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:55 PM

Cojajoch - no good with the nose.

Mands - ow. That sounds like a great block. Look forward to pics too. Hows the computer fixing going?? Hope u got it sorted.

Feeling the pain with the rain here too. We do have a dryer. Don't know what I'd do with out it actually. We probably would of had to g oto the laundromat. Managed to keep gonig with cloth here also. Though am thankful to having a decent stash as we have needed it. I love my AIO's but they take too long to dry in this weather & I've resorted to pockets as well.

Got a new xmas tree today. Went with all new decorations as well. Can't wait for Bella to get home so we can put it up. Got a pretty angel for the top. Fun. Ow & matching paper...hehehehe.

How u going Miss Sharna??

#57 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:04 PM

I'm here... coming down with something nasty as I have aches and shivers and feel like I am swallowing broken glass.

Might bbl once kids are asleep.

Sharna

#58 bec8112

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:30 PM

Sharna - hope you are feeling better soon  bbighug.gif

Nat - yeah on the new tree and decorations, you will have to take some pics.

I am just looking online at hair clips, there are some gorgeous ones out there! I have another 6 on the way! OMG I am so naughty!

#59 cojajoch

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:34 PM

Sharna - hope you feel better soon

Bec - I can't get Charlotte to leave hair clips in, so annoying. I lose so many of them. Much easier when she was a little bubba. There are so many cute ones out there made by SAHM's.

Nat - yay for a new tree. We got new decorations this year, went with all purple and silver. It looks really good. We don't have an angel, we have a Melbourne Storm teddy bear on the top of out tree.  roll2.gif

I have lost my purse sad.gif

#60 bec8112

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:15 PM

Cojajoch- I keep forgetting to ask - do you kind if we use your real name??? Just makes it easier to reply cause I am lazy!!! Ha ha ha. Bummer on losing your purse, hope it shows up. Yeah I am sure Hannah will pull hair clips out so that is why I am using them now :-) I have bought all mine from one sahm website but might venture out and try another one soon!

#61 ~mumto2girls~

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:31 PM

Mel - Well done on the tri time... Just thinking about it takes energy out of me lol

Mands - yay on progress on your block.. hope you keep showing us the progress shots. Weather here is crap too... I have so much washing to catch up on since going on holidays and then bed sheets arghh never ending..

cojajoch - Hope your 3.5 year old is doing ok... Im really suprised my kids havent broken anything yet

Nat - Yay on the new chrissy tree.. I love putting it up.... Ours is mainly purple and silver.... I should try take a pic of it lol

Sharna - hope you arnt coming down with anything too sinister.. feel better soon xx

AFM - Man im so sick of paypal.. I have just started up a new business with a friend of mine and we have opened a paypal account up. Well silly me transfered $1000 over to it to use to get the business going.. well i didnt know this but when it hits $1000 for the first time it locks it down until you can verify who you are... Being a partnership we have to prove all these different documents we dont have yet... It has taken 1 whole month to get it unlocked but finally its done... Now just went to put our bank details into it and it wont accept it.. Im so sick of calling them.

Nothing much to report here... 2nd day of school holidays and i dont know how im going to cope with the next 7 weeks!! We dont have our back yard done yet so its just dirt and yuck and not fenced off so the girls cant just go out when they please... hopefully in the next few weeks it will be ready

#62 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:33 PM

Arrghhh... i am sick sad.gif Bleah. Temp, sore throat, aches and that all over body shiver that comes with a fever. Not nice.

Nat - Nice one on the new tree. We nearly bought a new one this year but are trying to budget with Dan going to Europe for those three weeks and not earning anything. We have a fibre optic tree that really looks lovely. We went with a red/silver theme this year. We also have about 10 sets of lights and have put 4 of them up inside the house. It's enough to trigger a seizure when they are all flashing. The LED ones are just too bright I think. As for the rain, i think i might be the only one who loves it. I grew up in Babinda, almost annual winner of the 'wettest town in australia' each year. I am used to rain original.gif

Cojajoch - hope all is good with your 3.5yr old. Noses bleed alot! The panda eyes will look bad but wont be painful.

Mands - getting close to starting site works for your house i suppose. Do your builders break for a few weeks over christmas?

Bec - I have LOTS of clips for Nadia. A friend from my sisters May '05 bubs group is a WAHM and makes divine clips. Initially she kept them in ... around 9-12mths. Then started pulling them out and sucking on them, pulling them apart, losing them etc. She only lets me put them in now as she understands the notion of 'cute' 'pretty' and 'beautiful' and in her own words she looks 'very gorgeous' with the hair clips/bands in. LOL

Mel - meant to say.. WTG on the Tri! Super time honey. You must be so happy.

Off to wallow in misery. Nadia and Aidan watched Lazytown.

Sharna

#63 cojajoch

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:02 PM

Ah yeah, should have said my name is Suz - der.

Purse has been found, it was in the freezer!! Got put in there with the loaves of bread after grocery shopping last night.

Sharna - you poor thing, sounds like you are getting the flu. I hope you kick it quickly, its no fun being sick with littlies.

#64 bec8112

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:31 PM

Suz - yeah on the found purse :-)

sharna - bummer on being sick again, I really hope you get better soon. Can you let me know the name of the clips you have for Nadia???

Amanda - what sort of business have you started??? Sorry for being nosey.

#65 Small Potatoes

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:39 PM

AFM - Man im so sick of paypal.. I have just started up a new business with a friend of mine and we have opened a paypal account up. Well silly me transfered $1000 over to it to use to get the business going.. well i didnt know this but when it hits $1000 for the first time it locks it down until you can verify who you are... Being a partnership we have to prove all these different documents we dont have yet... It has taken 1 whole month to get it unlocked but finally its done... Now just went to put our bank details into it and it wont accept it.. Im so sick of calling them.

Amanda I have just been through the exact same thing and it took me 3 weeks.  I had almost 3K in there by the end.  Daily phone calls the whole lot.

Suz Much easier to type  happy.gif . Yay on finding the purse.

Sharna Hope your flu doesn't hang around for too long.  We are due to go to site on the 21st and they have 10 or 14 days over Christmas.  It would be great if the pad gets cut before chrissy, but don't like our chances.

I have made most of the Chrissy decorations as they are all in storage.  We bought a 7 pack of red and 7 pack of silver baubels and put them on the tree and I have made some other hanging decos and some of those paper chains.

#66 ~mumto2girls~

Posted 07 December 2010 - 06:26 PM

Mands- I have had it with paypal but unfortunately it's such a big thing these days with most people using it

Bek I was a partyplan consultant selling adult toys, lingerie and costumes. We wernt happy with the company so have decided to start our own. At the moment we are setting up a website with plans to do party plan. Not everyones taste but great money

Sharna hope you start to feel better soon. hugs to you honey

Suz yay on finding your purse. I have a mini heart attack when I can't find mine lol

#67 meeskamouska

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:04 PM

Man this thread is busy  ohmy.gif

Sharna - I love lights. I need to get a bit more festive yet & put some more up. I did the tree with Bella this arv. She loved it. Charlee is the same as Nadia with clips. She wears cause they're 'pritty' & 'nice'. Cute as. No good with feeling sick. DVD's for the kids, couch for the mummabear.

A friend had a graduation tonight for her son & I did her hair up for her. Gee she looked good. Amazing what a bit of make up & nice 'do' can do. Sometimes I miss hairdressing ... sometimes...NOT.

Bec - I'm a bit of hairclip, elastic, ribbon etc etc fan. We have 2 desk tidy drawer things from BigW to keep it all in.

BBlater phone ringing.

#68 Twin Mum Runner

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:33 PM

Mel - What an awesome time for your triathlon, well done.

Sharna - Hope your bug doesn't hang around too long, and that you are feeling better soon.

Suz - Ouch, hope your 3.5 years old nose isn't too sore. The freezer sounds like somewhere I would put my purse, or phone, or keys, lol.

~mumto2girls~ - paypal sounds like such a hassle to start up, you'd think it would be easier. And it sounds silly that you have to verify yourself if you put your own money into the account. Hope the business gets up and running smoothly from here on in.

Saw my friend off at the airport today. I went and surprised her as she didn't know I was coming. A few tears were shed. Hopefully it won't be too long until I see her again. DH is on his first submarine course this week. he seems to be enjoying it. After having him home for a couple of weeks, I'm feeling the doing it on my own thing. Hopefully I'll get back into my groove quickly because I've been a bit of a cranky mummy. Doesn't help that both Dylan and Mahalia are throwing some oscar-worthy tanties.

#69 bec8112

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:43 PM

Nat - can you link me to your site or pics of clothes cause I would love to get something for Hannah :-) When we go on the night out you can do everyones hair so we can all look pretty, ha ha ha.

Georgia - hope the kids stop with the tanties soon. I cannot imagine dealing with it on my own! I take my hat off to all you mummies who do most of it on you own!

#70 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:02 PM

Bec - her name is Chris and her company is 4 li'l darlins. She is closed now until 2011 as she got too many orders and was overwhelmed. What I like about Chris is she wants to keep the business hands on. She did employ one other mum to help her with the bows and could definately expand the business but wants to keep that personal touch. Her bows really are of exceptional quality. Worth keeping an eye out for her when she reopens. She has a FB page and often does sales just for FB fans.

Temp hit 38.1 and I felt terrible. Dan took N to Kristi's for a while and I had a lie down when Aidan slept this arvo. I feel a bit better as I had some soup and ice-cream.. haha. Off to bed early I think.

See you all tomorrow.

Sharna

#71 meeskamouska

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:36 PM

Bec - I shut both my webbies down for the time being. I'm not going to be selling anything for a bit. Sorry. After the lack of support from P I've thrown in the towel. I give up give in...... its just easier.

I brought a nappy tonight.... ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  I know!!!!!!! Someone kick me...hard!! I couldn't help it. Its one of the nicest nappies I've seen in awhile.
Its the hot pink satin one in this photo on weepantz.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?f...192.80713717505
Hope the link works.
Its a laminated satin japanese fabric!!!! TDF!! Never seen one like it.

Edited by meeskamouska, 07 December 2010 - 09:37 PM.

#72 bec8112

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:12 PM

Nat - bummer about not selling as I would have loved a dress for Hannah. That nappy is cute, I had one of Amy's nappies and it was very bulky when Hannah was a small baby. Probably would be ok for CR though BUT naughty naughty for buying nappies!

Sharna - oh I hope that a nights sleep will help with your cold.

#73 Fabulous

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:26 AM

Nat- why wouldn't you buy a nappy? It looks really nice.

Sharna- I remember 4 lil darlins from the large family section. I haven't seen her post in a few years though, I guess her kids are getting a bit older.  I used to enjoy putting bows in the hair of my eldest DD and dressing her up really nicely but I'm too lazy to do it now with my third daughter. Chelsea has her big sister to do her hair anyway. Sara loves doing it.

Edited by ceres, 08 December 2010 - 08:30 AM.

#74 themelster

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:42 AM

Dang it!  I can't get that nappy link to work!  It keeps taking me to my Facebook home page.

#75 cojajoch

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:47 AM

Nappies are addictive, Moo has lots of pretty ones that I need to sell. No more babies for me. That one is really nice Nat, I like it a lot.

Not much planned for us today, have to wait around for the plumber again today. Be glad when its finished.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.