November 04 Parents # 695

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
95 replies to this topic

#51 dippinsniffer

Posted 21 December 2010 - 03:27 PM

Oooh, yes, definitely interested in time-tables yyes.gif so thanks . I like knowing what others are upto during the festive season original.gif . All exciting, but this is the most I reckon:
Monday evening - fly out (our time) Monday morning - fly in! biggrin.gif (their time!)
Nothing like a bit of time-travelling original.gif .  
But, gee, that migraine sounded awful ohmy.gif wacko.gif ! Have you tried Imigran? Expensive but I guess if it helps shrug.gif . Phenergan's good for inducing sleepyness but mostly for allergic reactions.
And yes, you're doing very well for 44 yyes.gif .

ETA: KIM, your post popped in before I finished original.gif . I have no idea where Hervey Bay and Agnes Waters are but they (and Coffs, Ballina and Port Mac) all sound so nice, I'm sure you guys will have a lovely time original.gif . Anyone you'll know in Coffs to spend Christmas with or will it be just you guys? - which is fun too original.gif .
Panettone and marscapone! Yum!

Edited by dippinsniffer, 26 December 2010 - 05:17 AM.

#52 dippinsniffer

Posted 21 December 2010 - 03:42 PM

Wow, Kim, just googled, thats one big trip!! I didn't realize Agnes and Hervey were in Qld - though I think you mentioned last month. But in 12 days, very 'do-able', without being tiring original.gif . I'm sure it will be a fun adventure original.gif .

#53 mamabetty

Posted 21 December 2010 - 06:06 PM

KIM - Pelican Waters is 30 minutes from me.  Pity you weren't holidaying there then we could catch up!  Actually it is where DH does a fair bit of work - with all this rain it's actually flooding in parts down there!  huh.gif

SS - have fun at the big fella's do!  That drug sounds good - whatever works hey?  The oxycodones I got for my teeth are pretty good.  wink.gif I saved some for my next batch of headaches.   biggrin.gif   Speaking of which I'm not getting as many at the moment - yay!  Wish the same would happen for you my gorgeous friend.  xxx

Zac had a blast with his little friend.  His mum and I had a Xmas drinky when she picked him up.  Then I went and got Max and he had a blast too.  Very tired, up watching movies until like 11pm!!!  Very late for him.  I bet he falls asleep very early tonight!   biggrin.gif   Glad he's home.  

I'm so excited about Xmas.  DH's present finally got delivered today - and he answered the door!!!  And the present wasn't in a box or anything.   rolleyes.gif  So he got an early pressie.  I got him a hard plastic ute liner thingy for his Crewman.  He was chuffed I'd gotten him something for his baby I think.  laugh.gif  Luckily I got him some extra pressies for Xmas Day (Underbelly DVD, new dressing gown, chocolates & jocks!)

OK trying to do a heap of last minute invoices - i'M SUPPOSED TO BE ON HOLIDAYS!!! tongue.gif

#54 dippinsniffer

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:05 AM

biggrin.gif

Edited by dippinsniffer, 26 December 2010 - 05:18 AM.

#55 SportySpice

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:47 AM

Morning

Dip - can't take imigraine while ttc.... but it is now what I do take.... and as I'll be taking my codeine with me, I've asked my doc for a letter stating why I take it.... just in case some little sniffer dog pulls me up at customs! huh.gif

Also Dip (or anyone for that matter) can you get Fernergan over the counter or is it script?

Jodes - I'm keeping a diary of migraines and they are all over the place - the one prior to this was about 3.5 weeks and to that was 3 weeks and to that was 6 weeks and to that was 8 weeks wacko.gif  wacko.gif   I was very dehydrated over the past few days so I think that was the trigger with this one - not through partying or anything.... I simply just don't drink enough water during the day.  very bad. ohmy.gif

and just to throw this in..... KHFHDH is such an idiot..... you know the t-shirt I'm with stupid and the arrow - have been thinking of getting that for sgee when she's with him....... wink.gif  biggrin.gif  ohmy.gif   just the usual shyt with him.

Last night was fun - present and ex staffers and the big fella was on fire!  very funny night indeed - we were home by 10ish as it was starting to get a little messy and I also had to pay the bubba sitter! wink.gif

Kim - yes - get your waxing appt in.... I have to say I booked my appt's for waxing and hair cut and colour about 4 weeks ago ..... so i can't wait!  me and sgee are having our hair cuts tomorrow - so we'll be ready and looking our best for our holiday!  wink.gif

must do some work now!

love to all bbl xx

#56 *Caro*

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:05 AM

Dip. I read your story.  It was long laughing2.gif  Pleased it's ok now, but boy I can't believe they tried to tell you there was nothing they could do about the double payment mad.gif Clearly a lie, as now they have refunded the full amount.  What a turkey that man was!!

#57 SportySpice

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:31 AM

Dip - he's a complete and utter d***head.  you should privately email all your friends and just say you had a bad experience there and not to ever use them!  FOOL.

I had a run in with our dry cleaners.... DH went to pick up 1 x dress and 5 x shirts (shirts just needed pressing).  He rings me "they can't find our dry cleaning".....  dress $400 and shirts say $500... hmmm so he comes home.

A few hours later I ring them and ask if they have found it...... "oh yes... and I was going to ring you"..... yeah sure you were.

So I head in the next day to pick it up and explain to the lady that they couldn't find it when DH was there and no one rang to say they had found it and I just suggested that maybe someone could have called and that the casual staff should know where all the stuff is kept (long dress so it was "out the back").

She has a go AT ME.... I tell my manager about the casuals and they should know - it wasn't my fault!!
Me - yes I understand that, but maybe you should communicate this to your staff where you keep the longer dresses.
assistant: look stop telling me what to do!  I tell my boss and they should know!
Me - clearly they don't so maybe have a team meeting and SHOW them where you keep this stuff as this has been an inconvenience to me and DH.
assist:  not my fault!
Me - ok - maybe some should have called.
assist; not up to me
Me - this is very poor customer service and we'll take our business elsewhere.
assis: good!!

then she over charged me!
went home, got the other docket, came back and she then rang the manager to say I was "yelling at her" regarding the over pricing....... blah blah it was just a circus!

ended up just getting the money back in cash and took off!  Horrid assistant!

other than that - all good with my dress and DH's shirts!  wink.gif

#58 Snagglepussed

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:39 AM

Oh Dip! That sucks big time and I also think it is the first time I have heard (seen) you swear! LOL WOW what a piece of work HE was! Name and Shame my love......although I think you should go with Pix! Actually I have to get som Pix pics too! wink.gif Before she becomes tooooooo famous and EVERYONE is ripping her off! wink.gif
I just can't work out how if you paid double WHY they wouldn't just reverse one of the payments! Grrrrr

Hervey Bay is right near Fraser Island! Hoping to do some 4 wheel driving

SS - you poor thing with your migraines! How awful for you! I hope you have NONE in Hawaii! Can't wait to hear all about it! I am keen to go there one day!

Jodes - Dang......so close! Hey we may even come down to you! Uncle rang last night and the rains are coming again and we may not get in as Agnes tends to get isolated when it rains a lot! Yikes! Oh well! We have to call him from Childers do he can let us know the best way in if the waters doo rise and it can often depend on the tides.....Oh what an adventure awaits us!

Mascapone cream for panettone is easy and ALWAYS a crowd pleaser....mix marscapone with about a teaspoon or 2 of good quality espresso coffee (NOT instant) with some caster sugar and rum and whip it until it goes all smooth then LATHER it on a huge slab of panettone! SO not diet food but insanely good.....

#59 mamabetty

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:01 PM

KIM - stop making me salivate with your recipes!   tongue.gif   Seriously I would not be heading north atm - I would be going south.  huh.gif  The rain is getting worse and they are predicting more flooding.   wacko.gif  I feel  sorry for the people from melb & adel as their weather looks really nice atm.  rolleyes.gif  I have trackies and a long sleeved T on!  And yesterday I was sunbaking & swimming.  Not typical of here I must say - usually if its wet it's still warm so you can still do stuff (kids still swim etc) but it is COLD!   sad.gif  Anyway it will be an adventure travelling in it!  

DH - loved his ute liner.  It's all in and looks very snazzy.  Looked weird out of the car but he installed in last night and it looks great.  It's black hard plastic which he cleaned up with Armorall so it looks all shiny and fancy.   rolleyes.gif  It's moulded to fit the exact dimensions, up the sides and on the tailgate so now he can carry anything without scratching the car (was plain paint before).  I wanted to get him something for his car but there's not many things I could come up with - other than a Monaro bonnet but they are about $1,000!!  ph34r.gif

OK off to do yoga to warm up!  Ciao.....

#60 mamabetty

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:03 PM

Oh forgot to say DIP that bloke was full of it to say he couldn't pay you back - in fact it is law that he has to refund you if you overpaid.  What a total w.a.n.k.e.r!!!   rant.gif

#61 Snagglepussed

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:05 PM

Oh Jodes don't tell me that!!! Waaahhhh!
Packing bags tonight so will put some jeans in! sad.gif And a jumper as well! Bah Humbug!

#62 *Caro*

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:59 PM

Bah humbug, we might as well all be in tassie for christmas if its going to be cold!  I'm wearing a jumper here too!

Kim, that marscapone thing sounds delish!! We (DH and I) have started a new tradition where we have panettone and marscapone for breakfast on Christmas day.  Its a popular tradition wink.gif

Hugo is an ar$e.  It took me till 9.30 to get him to sleep, and then he woke up 5 minutes later rolleyes.gif  Luckily DH heard me swearing over the monitor and came to rescue me - and had much more success than me.  So I probably shouould go to bed while the going is good, but I want to have my cup of tea in peace!!

#63 *Caro*

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:01 PM

SS - yes you can get phenergan over the counter.  Well, you can get the kids stuff, I assume you can get it for adults as well.  Otherwise, just say its for SG and scull the whole thing!! laughing2.gif

#64 dippinsniffer

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:03 AM

Hello waves.gif , nice to see chatter in here again original.gif .

SS, he'd probably like her wearing that T-shirt - he seems the type to see the funny side and miss the real meaning smile1.gif .
I was going to say "Not sure about the Phenergan" but then read Caro's post and remembered that yes, we do get it otc for dd so I'm assuming the same for adults?

Kim, I was thinking of you and Jodie when I heard the 'long range forecast' on the radio yesterday. Lots of rain predicted for the eastern parts of Qld in Jan.

Jodie, yeah, same, we had nice warm, fairly humid weather here a week or two ago (but not as warm and humid as Darwin), wearing as little as possible, but on Monday just gone, I was back in jeans, long-sleeved top and jumper! And yesterday, there was a chill in the air, then it warmed up in the arvo but by 7pm, we (at a dinner with friends) were almost all in cardigans/jackets again except the hostess who said she was too lazy to get one and had goose-bumps! They put one of those 'out-door gas lamps' on as it was so cool! Supposed to be like this through Christmas. And lots of cloud ...
But predicted a hot one for Perth with temps of 35-38, Tanya!

Caro, yeah, panettone and marscapone for Christmas breakfast sounds like it would be popular original.gif .

Edited by dippinsniffer, 26 December 2010 - 05:21 AM.

#65 SportySpice

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:03 AM

Caro/Dip - thanks for that - will get some phenergen today!

just finishing some work - sgee is lying on the chesterfield couch in the office and watching tv!!!

heading out to get a couple more pressies wink.gif

yum Kim!

Jodes - thinking of you guys and this rain... sad.gif

ok - gotta get going!

bbl

love to all

#66 manhattan

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:12 AM

Wishing you all a happy holiday. Enjoy your loved ones and stay safe! xxx original.gif

#67 mamabetty

Posted 24 December 2010 - 10:43 AM

Our weather - Townsville is expecting 200ml+ and severe storms when the tropical low crosses in the next couple of days and the rest of the east coast can expect heavy falls (hopefully not with the severe storms).  A couple of houses in Buderim (a big hill pretty much) have started to crack and slide down the hill from the rain we've already had  ph34r.gif.  The ground is so wet and the rivers already up so any rain will be detrimental.  Cane farmers in FNQ have lost their crops as they can't harvest them (too wet) and they were looking forward to a bumper season.  It annoys me that the Bligh govt has spend millions building a pipeline from our dams up here to water Brisbane and now their dams are overflowing.  They released enough water in one day for 55 million people at Wivenhoe last week.  ohmy.gif  It all just flows out to sea.  sad.gif  I've been looking on Wotif for any bargain accommodation as I think quite a few people will forget about coming here if they haven't prepaid.   wink.gif

Our work party yesterday was fantatic.  The weather held off, cloudy, hot and humid so the kids swam heaps and we drank and ate heaps.  laugh.gif  We have a huge covered deck but when the rain is torrential it does come in under the roof so I was praying it would hold off for us and it did.   biggrin.gif   Everyone was gone by 7.30 and I was asleep by 9.00!   rolleyes.gif

OK boys have gone Xmas shopping for me (yay!) and i'm cleaning up.  

I wish all you gorgeous ladies and your beautiful families the happiest Christmas - eat, drink & be merry.  I love you all and thank you so much for the past 6 years of support and friendship -  bbighug.gif

#68 *Caro*

Posted 24 December 2010 - 10:51 AM

naaawwwww, we love you too, Jodes hhugs.gif

I was listening to the radio this morning as I drove out to the fruit market nice and early.  They were saying 500ml of rain in Qld, and telling people not to do any non-essential travel.  So I would think you could get some great last minute accom in your area! biggrin.gif

Right, off to make rum-less rum balls with the girls Tounge1.gif

Edited by *Caro*, 24 December 2010 - 10:51 AM.

#69 dippinsniffer

Posted 25 December 2010 - 07:13 AM

#70 *Caro*

Posted 25 December 2010 - 08:20 AM

Merry Christmas my wonderful Nov 04 friends!! I hope you all have a fantastic day with your gorgeous families hheart.gif

#71 KylieB

Posted 25 December 2010 - 11:11 PM

Merry Christmas and I hope you had a wonderful day X

#72 SportySpice

Posted 26 December 2010 - 09:40 AM

Happy Boxing Day!

Hope you all had a wonderful Xmas and you're all resting up!

Jodes - thinking of you guys with this rain - and Kim wink.gif

Kylie - fb is playing up - there was a comment you made and I cant get to your response.....

I don't know if I'll be getting on line before we go tomorrow  - I can't wait - and I'm not sure if I'll get online while we're away, but AF seems to be arriving COW, but it will all be over quickly anyway!

Hope everyone has a wonderful restful time and thanks for being such a great bunch of ladies who have shared my journey over the last 6 years - I love you all and its great to have met so many of you in real life and I hope 2011 lets me meet more of you!

I'll be working on my tan and relaxing on the beach!

love to all
xx

#73 mamabetty

Posted 26 December 2010 - 03:28 PM

Have fun SS!!  biggrin.gif  Bloody drizzling here ALL DAY grrrrr....

Yesterday was quiet but nice.  Ate and drank too much just like you're supposed to do.  wink.gif  Boys loved, loved, loved their pressies, esp the XBox Kinect (how much fun is that) and the Macbook Pro.  Max just about hyperventilated when he saw that.  I played the Kinect with them and tell you what - this morning my arms and shoulders were quite sore.   laugh.gif  I'm going to get the fitness game for sure.  Unlike the Wii you don't need any controls it just reads you.  Amazing and very fun.  

Today we ventured out to our local Harvey Norman's and picked up a new plasma for the bedroom.  Ended up, um, getting waaaaay bigger than we were going to but the flat screens are so cheap now compared to when we got our lounge room one.  ie paid $3,500 for a 44 inch 3 or so years ago and got a 50 inch today for $999.  Not bad.  It's huuuuuuge and should really be in the lounge but Chris loves it in the bedroom.  rolleyes.gif  

OK off to watch Daddy Day Care.  biggrin.gif

#74 SportySpice

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:51 AM

Morning!

bfn
sgee ready to go!
just checked the weather in honolulu. ............
Mon 23C rain
Tues 24c rain
Wed 24C rain
etc etc until Sunday.... and that's basically all the info it would supply... oh well - it may be wrong!

may repack a few things happy.gif

Hope you guys all have a great New Year - sms me any updates! biggrin.gif

love to all xx

#75 dippinsniffer

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:32 AM

Well, hopefully "rain" just means under 3hrs of it every day, not morning to night rain! Or maybe just rain at night which is always nice original.gif .
Yes, FB often plays up glare.gif .

Jodie, shiny new things! Cool original.gif . Yes, it does suck that after a decade of drought, nothing can be done to save all this water falling from the sky for when the next drought cycle occurs. Your work party sounded good - any piccies?

NOTHING much planned for the next 4 days besides a bit of work, lots of relaxing, reading, kids playing with their mountain of pressies, walks and watching dvd's when the kids are in bed original.gif .

Edited by dippinsniffer, 30 December 2010 - 11:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.