138 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:01 AM

New thread time ladies

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=850420

#2 bec8112

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:21 AM

GOLD !!

Night out - I think I would rather January as before Xmas might be hard to organise. Are we still going to find somewhere in the city to stay???

Sorry for the short reply, I am meant to be leaving soon and not ready to go  ohmy.gif

#3 ~mumto2girls~

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:53 AM

Hi girls so much to catch up on

Sharna glad to hear you are feeling better. Enjoy your spa package!!! Sounds wonderful.

Nat good luck bed shopping. Indy has been in a bed for about 7-8 months now. It's great. We have a gate on her door so she gets up and has a little play. She even pits herself back to bed when she is ready.

Oh man I'm on my phone and can't remember what was on the other thread

Hi mands, suz, bec, Ceres, and everyone else. Hope you all have a great day.

Quiet day here just need to catch up on washing while the sun is out

Edited by ~mumto2girls~, 10 December 2010 - 08:54 AM.

#4 Small Potatoes

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:31 AM

Bronze,

Just doing some digi scrapping at the moment.  Was meant to take the boys swimming but though the time was 8:30 not 9:30 and the class is at 9:30 so kind of missed it.

I think Jan would be better too

#5 themelster

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:25 AM

What about Saturday 8th January for a girls night out?

#6 Small Potatoes

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:34 AM

Sounds good to me  biggrin.gif

#7 bec8112

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:03 PM

That date sounds ok, it is my birthday on the 12th so will just have to check with DP and Mum to see if/when we are going to do something for that.

Are we going to stay in the city or just go home???? I will have to go home early(ish) if we go home cause do not want to catch the train and walk too late at night.

#8 Fabulous

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:49 PM

Morning all,

Mel- those covers look cute. Jack would dirty one of them after just one meal! About 3 months ago he started eating at a kiddies picnic table instead of his high chair. We have since moved where we have less room so he eats at a booster seat thingy (bought from target) that is strapped to a dining table chair.

Sharna- I hope you are feeling better today.

Went to watch DD's year 3 christmas play this morning but towards the end Jack decided that he wanted to push the pram around himself so started screaming and we had to leave in a rush. I really shouldn't even attemp to take him to these things. It sux not having anywhere to leave him, the inlaws live in the next suburb but I really don't want to take him there.

Got cruise control installed in DH's car this morning at a cost of $895 and last week we had the timing belts replaced in our car at a cost of $950. I'm finding it very expensive running 2 cars on one salary. Up until 3 months ago we only had one car but DH changed jobs and as a result he needed a car.

Edited by ceres, 10 December 2010 - 12:54 PM.

#9 themelster

Posted 10 December 2010 - 02:11 PM

Ros - I know what you mean about the covers getting dirty - it's really just another thing to wash! LOL.  We don't use our high chair for Tom anymore either.  He refuses.  He sits on a chair at the table on a cushion (or not..).  
I'm not looking forward to losing my company car when I go to study full time.  Fuel, services, ouch.

Girls night out.  I'm easy.  I'm only 3km from the city so I am happy to come home but if others want to get a couple of rooms I'll do that too.  We also have a spare room here if anyone wanted to camp at mine.

#10 bec8112

Posted 10 December 2010 - 02:17 PM

Mel - yeah if we are not getting a room I would love to crash at your place as it would be so much easier for me to get up in the morning and drive home.

Ros - Ouch! That is alot of money! We have 3 cars here!!! DP has a 4x4 which is too much $$ to drive his hour round trip to work everyday so he has a little Ford Laser which he drives to work.  3 regos and insurance is not cheap!!! We are also going to get a new/used bigger car for me early next year ( we are thinking a Territory or Kluger ).

Hannah tried some rice cereal last night and she was only interested in the spoon! I think she ate a little bit but not much and not very interested. Same as when we tried some cooked veggie sticks, she just did not know what to do with them!  I was expecting her to be like Ethan who sat there and opened his mouth for food from the minute we started.

#11 Twin Mum Runner

Posted 10 December 2010 - 02:22 PM

I had a visitor in my bed last night too. Mahalia has a bit of a runny nose, and she woke around 3 wanting to come into bed with me. I was too tired to argue. She was asleep pretty much as soon as I had her tucked in. She didn't really move until she woke after 7, so I'm thinking she's probably ready to move out of the cot. We're going to wait until we know when we are moving though as I think it'll be easier to buy a bed after we move.

Ros - Bummer missing out on most the Christmas play. Ouch on the money for the cars. Our rego is due mid January, and it's the worst time after Christmas. We're paying out our car in January (it's a salary sacrificed lease plan), so it will mean more money for us.

Sharna - Enjoy your spa day.

#12 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 11 December 2010 - 09:21 AM

Spa package was wonderful. It was at a little beauty place in Everton Park which was a bit of a drive for me but nice to get across to the dark side of the city for a change Tounge1.gif I got a eyebrow wax, eyelash tint, pedicure, facial, body scrub and massage. Heavenly!

Only downer to it all is that I spasmed my back earlier in the day trying to pick up Aidan from the floor whilst also holding Nadia on my hip... stoopid me still forgets that my pelvis and abdo muscles arent what they used to bed. I have still got muscle separation since being pg and my lower back is not well supported at all. Need to get back into the gym!

Throat is much better today.. guess the AB's are kicking in.

Jan 8th sounds good to me. I was wondering if you guys would mind if I invited my sister along to our girls night out? I totally dont mind if it is just us original.gif I would probably catch a taxi/train home depending on who i get to sit with my kids. Dan wont be back from Europe by then so will probably be my other sister.

Hi to everyone. Lots of me posts... hope to be back to full strength soon.

Question - do any of you have an interest in or believe in psychics etc? I ask because lately I have been drawn to the spirituality section on EB where members read each other and post what they feel ... its the 'person above you' thread. I have always felt I was an intuitive/sensitive person (perhaps why I fell into nursing) but am not sure it means anything. I have never had a reading, or been to a tarot card reader due to my logical mind telling me off for being feeble minded. Lately it is something I think I am considering getting done. I guess I am looking for validation from you guys. If you have had a reading done can you share with me what you thought of the process and experience and if you would have it done again. You can PM me if you like.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Sharna

#13 ~mumto2girls~

Posted 11 December 2010 - 09:56 AM

Morning girls

Just quickly

Sharna- funny you mention that thread. I have seen it many times in the recent topic section. I have had a few questions I would lime answered and reading your post has made me pop in there and ask them. I'm very interested in the whole spirituality scene. I have never had a reading though. I think if it's something that you feel that it could help you then just go for it

Ok got to go girls are about to hurt themselves

#14 themelster

Posted 11 December 2010 - 10:53 AM

Sharna - I don't mind your sis coming along at all!!
The beauty place at Everton Park - was it the one in the shopping centre?  Round the back near the fruit shop and post office?  If so, I've been there and theya re pretty good.
Spirituallity - I am not a non-believer, but not necessarily a believer.  I'm a bit on the fence.  I'd like to believe, but I also think there are a lot of shonksters and that you would need to find someone real IYKWIM.

#15 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:03 AM

Thanks Mel! I will wait for the other girls to comment on their thoughts about it. I think my sis is just gorgeous, inside and out, so tend to think about including her in most things I do.  I think the beauty place is the one you mentioned. It is next to the Aus Post shop... cant remember the F&V shop but I wasnt taking it all in. On Stafford Rd.

Sharna

#16 themelster

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:30 AM

That'd be the one.  Just a small place.

#17 Twin Mum Runner

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:21 PM

Sharna - I get drawn in that section too. I don't think I have any sort of psychic abilities, and I'm not sure what I believe. I often have very vivid dreams, and at times something will happen IRL that I get a sense of de-ja-vu from, and it is usually linked to a dream I've had. I was lurking in there recently because I kept having a recurring dream about someone from my past IRL and a conversation we have in the future, if that makes sense? Once I started lurking in there, the dreams stopped, so I have no idea what it means.

Mahalia has a nose full of snot today, and Dylan is coughing a fair bit. I hope they haven't caught the cold I've just gotten over as it was a nasty one. Off to pick up DH from the airport soon, the kids are very excited - Mahalia about seeing DH and Dylan about the planes, lol.

#18 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:40 PM

Georgia - i am not sure why i am drawn there at the moment. In an interesting twist though I was reading through the last 'person above you' thread and a very dear friend of mine IRL from Cairns posted. She is a girl I speak to almost daily and its something she has never mentioned. I know what groups she is in on EB and we dont tend to post in similar areas so i was surprised to see her in there. I mentioned it to her when we spoke last and she got a little embarrassed about it. I 'think' I would like to start to contribute to see if these feelings I have take it anywhere but now feel ambigiuos about sharing it with her. This outlet for her intuition and emotions is good for her as she is working through infertility and a/c issues and I think this brings her alot of peace. I have some things to think about anyway.

Hope you kids are better soon. Nice to have your DH home. Is he home for Christmas now?

Just watched Polar Express with Nadia and she loved it. That was probably the first movie she has watched almost in its entirety.

Sharna

#19 ~mumto2girls~

Posted 11 December 2010 - 01:32 PM

Sharna- I recommend you pop in there. Those girls are amazing. Just from my few posts they have given me info that is spot on. I have been reading the responses about my uncle who passed away to my dad and I think he is surprised too

Hi nat I see you there

#20 meeskamouska

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:18 PM

The 8th is good for me too.
Looks like its a date then girls.
Amanda???? R u coming???

Sharna - definitely bring Kristy!! Psychic readings??? Hmm... I think they can b good & bad. Bring people hope for something especially when they r searching for answers. Though I do question if its true/real. I have dabbled in the past. I went to a pysch once & she told me I'd have 2 great loves in my life. But I want to know if they r the 2 I've already got/had. Do u know what I mean... its never very clear & able to interpreted to how u like. I do believe u need to b with someone in order for them to be able to give u a true reading. To read u so to speak. Keen to see how u get on if u do it. Perhaps you'll convert me to be a full believer.
With christianity, now thats a different matter. I know u didn't ask that but somehow I'm on a typo mission. I do believe there 'was' a 'god' persay but don't really believe him to b here now. I think the bible is like a huge book of stories of people that once were, that is open to interpretation once again. Only my opinion though. Why would someone that has the power to make the earth a wonderful & loving place let things happen like they do. There is no reason in my mind whatso that justifies a person that has that power but doesn't use it. Its just not true. No person, not even a god would let people suffer like that. To teach man!!.. what a crock of sh*t. To teach them what for what reason??? Bit of a rant there. Religion... its a crock of sh*t. The bible has good teaching but is history, not present or future for me. If I ask god to show himself to me right now I bet my entire house & my children on it that he won't!!! See....nudder....LMAO...I've been drinking.....seriously...thankyou Mel for the suggestion of the smirnoff blood orange...its good!!
Do u girls believe in God??? Christian or other?? You'll probably b put off though now by my opinionated post..lol...sorry.

Easy day here. Sleeping children. Christmas carny on this arv. Will head to that if it doesn't rain.

#21 ~mumto2girls~

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:34 PM

Nat - re - night out - im going to give it a miss this time.. I feel that you girls no each other so well and think you all should have a great time. Maybe when I get to know everyone a little bit more i would feel more comfortable crashing your parties lol..

Re - religion - I have my beliefs but thats as far as I go.. I dont go to church. I believe in what i was grown up with. Im catholic and proud of it. My hubby on the other hand does not believe in it at all. He grew up in a family of JW's and to cut a long story short his sister doesnt speak to us because hubby was disfellowshiped and we have made choices she doesnt like so therefore not allowed to associate with us. His mum and dad are also JW's but they dont do the church, preaching thing. There is so much more to the family situation thats pretty way out there but wont bore you with it all.

#22 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:42 PM

Woohoo! eexcite.gif Looks like the 8th it is original.gif Now, where shall we go? I like Mel LURVE Karaoke but only when inebriated LOL, I also love to shake it on the dance floor, but at the same time really enjoy small wine/martini bars where you can sit and chat. Mel... can you suggest anywhere? Dinner beforehand would be nice also.

Nat - I think that new age spirituality, like doctrinated religion is something people turn to when they need help finding 'something' in their lives. I guess I feel a little disconnected at the moment. Looking for answers to the why's, how's, when's etc rather than just getting on with life is something I do alot. I am a Grade A, Class 1 procrastinator...  As a kid I was heavily involved in sunday school, youth group, church camps etc. I regularly attended a church while I was at uni. I stopped attending once I started work. I am not sure how I feel now. I like you believe that we were created... but whether for a purpose or not I am unsure. I like to think that religion can either lift you up or hold you back. I am a qualified fence sitter now. Too scared to refute the possibility of God for fear of being struck down ... lol, and too scared to admit that this life might be all there is. Does that make sense? HAHA, and I havent had anything to drink.. I am taking pain relief for my throat and back though original.gif

Hope the God talk doesnt bother anyone.

Looking forward to our night out ddance.gif

Sharna

#23 meeskamouska

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:53 PM

Oh yes, dinner & drinkies sounds devine. Karaoke, yes, with lots of alcohol. Dancing is the same, lots of alcohol. I'm the shy type....rofl!!

#24 Small Potatoes

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:59 PM

Yay on the 8th.  Will let DH know when I talk to him.  I probably won't stay in Bris as I am having trouble sleeping ATM and just prefer to be at home. And Sharna bring Kristy - Amanda you should come too!!!

Sharna I believe in psychic readings but am also a bit of a sceptic.  I used to see a lady in Brisbane near Brookside in Everton Park actually and she was great.  And then earlier this year I saw a lady who everyone swears by and has a 6 month wait and I thought, she was a bit hit and miss, with me anyways.  A lady on EB did a reading as a practice and she was spot on about some family members who had passed like Grandma and Danny's Grandfather.  there were other things she said too but I can't remember.  I do agree it is something I turn to when a bit lost.  I also saw a girl at the port side markets in about July and she said she saw me being pregnant in October, which I was and also saw the house getting sold and I wouldn't get PG until that was under control which is also true.

Nat I see the bible as a book of fables so to speak to teach people about morality and how things came to be with the equivalent being Greek Mythology or Aboriginal Dreamtime stories.  I am an evolutionist in that we all came from a primordial soup and have evolved from monkies.  With our own lives I believe we have a huge road map which is like our destiny but we choose which road to travel down, so even though life is kind of predetermined we choose a path and that may lead us to a different destination that if we made a different decisions, so we are still responsible for our own actions.  I do believe our souls live on too and when we die we meet up with souls that have meant something to us, whether on earth again (like the buddist beleive) or somewhere else (almost like heaven) I am not sure.

I have gone into the spiritulality section occassionally but feel a bit funny in there as I don't have anything to participate, just sort of trying to gleen knowledge.

Going to try and head to the shops and get Santa photos done, but Mr is still sleeping and he doesn't wake well.

#25 themelster

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:00 PM

Nat - you crack me up!  Take it easy on that Smirnoff Blood Orange - it's deceptively strong!  

God.  I am an agnostic (as opposede to an Athiest).  I don't believe, but I don't not believe.  Probably means that I am just too lazy to think long and hard about it.  I was brought up catholic and my brother is very religious.  He was a Fransican Friar for 6 years before he met his wife and fell in love.  Funnily enough, she is a full on athiest.  

I don't believe in organised religion at all.  I think it is the root of a lot of evil and unrest in the world.  

To be honest, I probably lean towards the scientific when it comes to why we are here and what happens after we die - but I'm not so passionate that I would debate anyone on the subject.

Amanda - please don't let that be your only reason for not coming along.  It could be an opportunity to get to know you better.  The only reason we know each other so well is because we have met each other IRL (and get along great, of course! LOL).  And you would never be "boring" us with any of your tales.  Ever.  

Girls night out sounds great!  Yay!  I personally am leaning towards some wine bars.  Only because we did the dancing option (well, tried to but didn't really find anywhere) on my last girls night out and the clubs were packed with drunk bogans and it really put a downer on the night.  I don't handle bogan fools too well.  I will try and organise another work bar tab somewhere for after dinner so we can have some french champagne on the house!  No promises - but I'll do my best.

No a little boast.  Sorry ladies, but I am so dam proud of him!  I am comfortable saying that Tom is officially TT totally during the day.  He goes to kindy in undies now and hasn't had an accident in a week.  Poo's and wee's.  I take him out in undies now too, quite confidently.  I even take him to the park in undies and if he needs to go we take his pants off and he goes in the grass.  He is waking up from his nap dry too so the next step will be putting him in undies when he sleeps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.