October 08 Parents # 67

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
138 replies to this topic

#126 meeskamouska

Posted 21 December 2010 - 06:36 AM

Sharna -  hope all goes well for you today. I'm such a sooky la la at airports. The soobing woman u see all red & blotchy in the face...that's usually me. I'm sure he'll have a great time with his family but will miss u & the kids too much to bear. Good part though, u get the whole bed to yourself !!

My sister arrived yesterday. I feel normal again. I really do hate being away from my family. I actually slept thru the night & had a dream. I can't believe it. I sleep so terrible I never dream anymore. I've woken up feeling good today. I think we might b going for a pedicure. So looking forward to that. Not sure what will happen with my kids though. My mum is being a bit of a PITA. She just doesn't want to help me out with my kids. Asked her if she would look after Bella on Wednesday for me whilst I go to the airport so I can get some chrissy shopping done without Bella there & she pretended she didn't hear me. My sister mentioned it to her on the way home & again she didn't answer. What is that?? Anyway I'll figure it out somehow. Might ask my niece to take her to the swim centre or something & duck out.

Made a christmas cake yesterday. It turned out perfect!! I cannot wait to cut that baby open. Have a feeling we'll cut it today & I'll have to make another for christmas day LOL.

I can hear Charlee. My sweet pea. Have a good day girls. Hope some of u end up meeting up.

#127 Small Potatoes

Posted 21 December 2010 - 02:15 PM

Sharna Big DH is away hug to you.  At least I only do 10 days at a time, and I always do it so am used to it.  SOrry I couldn't make it.  Have sh*t going on every which way.  Builder is too lazy to find the water supply, people wanting cards done and sent before Christmas, parcels going missing (to me not from me) due to the stupid mail redirect, Mum wanting to borrow money but wanting me to drop it to her yada yada.

Nat My Mum is kind of the same at the moment.  Cracked the sh*ts because DH said he didn't want to lend her anymore money and then he spent ALOT of money on a guitar.  She was cranky when we told her we were having another boy. Only takes a boy when he guilts her into taking her: eg I went to Brekky with her and Will and will kept saying ""I want to go to JenJens house" so she finally agreed to have him. But she does babysit if I outright ask her for a specific occasion, as long as she is free.

#128 meeskamouska

Posted 21 December 2010 - 03:04 PM

Mands - My Mum is exactly the same!! She cracked it at my sister at the shops today. Said she is sick & tired being stuck with the kids. She only had them for 1/2hour. Thats fine though. She won't get them at all now. I won't let someone look after my children that don't really want them. Makes it hard for the girls night if Paul has to go back to work as I'll have no one to have them. So be it though. See what happens. Sounds busy at your end. I found with building I had to regularly take a deep breath...LOL.

Spa pedicure...oh bliss!! I love getting my feet done.

#129 Twin Mum Runner

Posted 21 December 2010 - 07:47 PM

Hi,

Haven't read back, just popping in quickly to say I'm still alive. I'm busy sewing up the last of the xmas presents for the kid's friends, and am really cutting it fine. Will hopefully be able to do a proper post in a few days.

DH is at sea and he's not sure if he'll be home for xmas. Because his boat is out of the water having the engine repaired, they have taken over another boat that has just come back in. With last week's accident off C.I. and quite a large number of refugee boats out there at the moment, their program keeps changing. They've got to to come back in by the 30th to give this boat to it's next crew, and hopefully get their boat back.

I received an email from Dylan's case manager saying that they had decided to defer my interview with them as it was meant to be done between the ages of 4 and 5. I replied saying that was fine, but we are probably moving interstate early next year, and that I had concerns that a lot was missed. Got an email back Friday afternoon saying that his case manager would talk to the psych that did the interview, but she hasn't had a chance to call me due to large numbers of assessments going on. I've been trying to formulate the best reply without loosing my cool as his case manager is about to go on mat leave, and I don't want her to put me down as a troublesome parent with the next case manager.

Sorry for the lack of personals, I promise to catch up properly soon. I hope everyone is doing well.

#130 meeskamouska

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:48 AM

Morning Girls.
Off to the airport today to get Josh. Yay!! Will try to do some shopping before hand. So much to think & plan. Food etc.
Dylmah - Xmas without your Hub. That'll b hard for you. Do u have family near you where u r living?  

Have a good one girls.

#131 Fabulous

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:24 AM

Nat- sorry to hear about you mum letting you down. God how hard is it to mind the kids for half an hour. My IL's are the same way and I don't get them to mind the kids at all because I know they don't want them. They were the same way when we had 1 child so it's got nothing to do with having too many kids.

Georgia- it's a shame that you can't get the interview done now before you both leave. It doesn't sound right that it's all up in the air and you haven't been able to discuss eveyrthing properly.

#132 Fabulous

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:14 AM

Mands- Australia post told me that they don't redirect parcels. Although I was lucky and did receive a redirected one earlier this year.

#133 meeskamouska

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:43 AM

No good with the parcel Mands. Wonder if it will go back to the sender or the post office or something. Will Danny be home for xmas??

U know with my mum & looking after the kids... it just downright hurts to be honest. She's my mother. At least one good thing will come out of it...i'll never be like that with my kids. Finding it hard to move past. They're just kids...my kids.... its christmas sad.gif

Quick coffee & then I'll head off. Joshs plane comes in at 3:30.

#134 Small Potatoes

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:46 AM

Ros after calling the customer service line and speaking to one post office, I went to another post office and was told this yesterday.  We have had the redirect since August and have complained the first time and this is was the first time I was told.  Gives me the sh*ts

#135 Fabulous

Posted 22 December 2010 - 04:31 PM

Mands- I hope you get those parcels. So bad that you were told the wrong info on the phone.

Nat-  hhugs.gif  Enjoy your time with Josh.

Us- I was stressing last night because I hadn't finished my chrissy shopping. Luckily this morning I had a great run at the shops and found everything I wanted so now my shopping is complete yay! I was a bit naughty though, I bought Jack  a little tonka ambulance that he found on the shelf at coles and wasn't letting go of. I also picked up the big family dollhouse from Target that I layby-ed in July. I had to tell the lady to wrap it in plastic since I had the kids with me. Most of the shops already have it done.

Edited by ceres, 22 December 2010 - 04:32 PM.

#136 meeskamouska

Posted 24 December 2010 - 06:24 AM

Gee its been quiet in here. I know u girls must be busy getting ready for chrissy.

I'm back off to the airport today. I have to pick up Paul this time. He's been working in Emerald & they r flooded in so we flew him home. Another big drive... but not to worry. I miss him. My dad, sister & Josh are here already & were having a lovely time. The kids are super excited about santa coming...laugh.

I may not get back in today so I just wanted to wish all my beautiful girly friends...
A BIG HAPPY CHRISTMAS
I hope you have a lovely day everyone.

#137 themelster

Posted 24 December 2010 - 11:30 AM

Hi lovely ladies, just dropping in so you know i haven't dropped off the end of the earth!  Work is mad this time of year and I just want it to be over!

Are we still all on for january 8th?  I hope so!  I'm organizing us a bar tab at the story bridge hotel.

Have a very happy and safe christmas everyone!  xxxxx

#138 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 24 December 2010 - 03:53 PM

Hi Nat and Mel waves.gif

Hi to everyone else.

Pretty busy here with Dan being away. So far the kids have been good to me, Nadia sleeping through and Aidan only waking 1-2 times for a quick feed. Mum and Dad arrived yesterday and are down for a few weeks. Yippee! They are babysitting for my kids on NYE so I can use that package I won. They are also babysitting for our night out on the 8th!

Mel - I am still up for the girls night out.

Nat - have a great Christmas with all your family around.

Merry Christmas to you all.

Sharna

#139 ~mumto2girls~

Posted 24 December 2010 - 06:44 PM

Hi Girls

Sorry for not being in for a while.. Busy busy here preparing for Christmas...

Just wanted to say -

Lots of love

Amanda xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.