October 08 Parents # 67

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
138 replies to this topic

#26 Small Potatoes

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:04 PM

Go Tom, I am too lazy to start with Olly but might after Christmas. He watches Will and gets the basic idea so should try

#27 themelster

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:07 PM

Thanks Mands.  I think he was just ready.  Nothing I did.  I think just putting him in undies instead of nappies really helped, or it could have been coincidence.

#28 meeskamouska

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:38 PM

Ow go Tom!! That is excellent Mel. Can't say the same here but there's plenty of time. As long as she's still not in nappies at her 16th I think she'll b right. Laugh.

Still pouring with rain here. Don't think the carnival is a good choice for this arv.

#29 bec8112

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:54 PM

Mel - Woo Hoo!  That is great! I saw you selling all the nappies on NA.  I have put Ethan in undies for his last 2 days sleeps and he has woken up dry and then did a wee when he woke up.  I am yet to do the undies going out or daycare but that will be my next step.  I fear a big accident somewhere though.

Religion - I am not a believer in anything nor a non-believer. I do not like discussing it as I just do not seem to care about it. My kids are not of any religion either.

Amanda - I think you should come out with us, it would be great to get to know you in person.

Night out - yeah I think dinner and then smaller wine bar type places is more my scene, I am thinking cocktails  biggrin.gif , sorry Mands.  Mel, I would love to stay at your place and I could leave early in the morning. Hope that is ok.  

Sorry got to go and watch Entourage with Dave, I love it!

#30 ~mumto2girls~

Posted 11 December 2010 - 09:33 PM

I wish I lived a little bit closer to you girls. It's a 3 hour drive from here and I'm not confident enough to drive in brissy by myself. Hubby will be on holidays but I don't think i would be able to get him to drive me there and pick me back up the next day. Hmm can only ask but I don't think he would go for it.

Nat- what are you doing for accommodation? That's another thing to think about

#31 meeskamouska

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:50 AM

Had such a great day yesterday.
Had a couple of girls come over last night for a few drinks. It was nice. Felt human. I drank that whole 2lt cask yesterday Mel!! Laugh.
We didin't end up going in to the carnival as it was too wet. Though mum did come & get Bella for the fireworks which was nice for her. Such a shame as its put on by the progress assoc for the community & they have to fundraise all year to b able ot have the money for it. Perhaps next year it'll b dry.

I don't really care what we do for our girls night. I'm easy.
Amanda, I'm crashing at Mels. It would b nice for u to come but it is a big drive from there. See how u go. There's still a few weeks to go.

Still pouring with rain here. Shocker. I can't get anything done & the washing is starting to pile up again. Might cook something sweet for the girls. I got a new womens weekly macaroons/buscuits cookbook. There is some yummy recipes in there. Might even do some biscotti for me. I love biscotti.

Enjoy your day.
Mel - are u doing a tri today???

#32 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:51 AM

Nat - sounds like you had a good time! It didnt rain as much here but sprinkled on and off and is all grey and gloomy again today.

Mel - good luck in the Tri.

Mands - your Santa photo of the boys looks great. We are heading up to see the HN santa at Browns Plains this morning. Not sure how it is going to go. LOL

Amanda - you should try to come down. It would be lovely to meet you.

Bec - I put N in undies most days and she still has the occassional accident. At daycare she is in undies but they seem to have more luck getting her to tell them she needs to wee. I think she goes more often because the other kids are going. At home she rarely tells me she needs to wee. She is not ready yet also because she still wont do poo's on the toilet/potty. She asks me to put a nappy on. We will get there. Sounds like Ethan is close though, especially waking up dry from his naps.

Dan had a late night up at my sisters house listening to music with her hubby. He wasnt home at 3am when i got up for a drink, then this morning on FB I see my sisters status update mentioning a pizza that was ordered at 1am... hmmm just what were they all up to while I slept. LOL

Sharna

#33 themelster

Posted 12 December 2010 - 03:53 PM

LOL - least you know where he was Sharna!  It's actually really nice that he gets along so well with your sisters hubby.

Bec & Mands - you are both staying at my place for the girls night out!  We will figure out sleeping configurations but I have one spare room and a blow up queen mattress!

Girls night out - I'll put together a list of some options of where to go.  I know I can definately get a TAB at the Storey Bridge Hotel for champers.  We could dance there too and it is an older crowd.  Can be a bit of a meat market though.  

Tri went well.  Am a bit sore and will sleep well tonight considering Tom woke up at 4am so I have been up since then.  I have to purchase a road bike.  Mark wants to do the Enticer tri in Bribie in March and I use his bike.  So if anyone knows of anyone selling a good road bike - let me know!!!

#34 Small Potatoes

Posted 12 December 2010 - 04:03 PM

Mel I might have mocktails instead of Champers.  Might not dance either with the big belly flopping around.  yay on the tri going well.

Sharna Not too bad on the santa photo considering Will puts on the cheesiest grin most of the tiem and Oliver had been crying about 1 min before that. And the Santa freaked me out.  He was really weird.

Nat We have had hardly any rain wed, thurs and fri and yesterday rained, but today is over cast with the odd shower so have done heaps of washing

AFM I have started making Santa sacks for teh boys, which they have now put on their head and are trying to chase each other around - even though they can't see.

#35 themelster

Posted 12 December 2010 - 04:15 PM

I'm sure we could arrange mocktails on the tab too Mands!

#36 meeskamouska

Posted 12 December 2010 - 04:27 PM

Mel - is that too many of us staying at yours??? Just say if it is. I can probably organise something else pretty easy.

#37 meeskamouska

Posted 12 December 2010 - 04:39 PM

Took this photo today of a gardenia I grew. Its a massive flower.
With my new camera...LOL.

#38 Small Potatoes

Posted 12 December 2010 - 04:40 PM

what a beautiful flower Nat.

#39 themelster

Posted 12 December 2010 - 04:42 PM

No, not at all. One of you will just need to camp out in the office or if you are comfortable sharing the same room I can put one of you in the floor in there. We'll figure it out.

I love Gardinia's Nat!  I've got two bushes in my garden. They smell so lovely!

#40 bec8112

Posted 12 December 2010 - 07:17 PM

Mel - I am happy to share a room, it will only be for a few hours sleeping anyway  tongue.gif

Nat - gorgeous photo and the flower is amazing!  What camera did you get?

Sorry had a hectic day/night here so not going to write much as I need to relax!  My dog had to go to the vet this morning because she ran around like a maniac yesterday while some friends kids were in the pool and has worn away all the pads on her paws, she can hardly walk  ohmy.gif She is now in bandages on 3 paws for a week or two!

#41 themelster

Posted 12 December 2010 - 07:26 PM

Bloody hell Bec!  Poor pooch!

See -  all good on the sleeping front!  Roll on Jan 8th!!

#42 themelster

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:20 PM

What's going on with the other DIG?  I've all of a sudden started getting all these emails with peoples posts??

#43 meeskamouska

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:52 PM

Mel - Rachel started a new group & added all the oct 08 mums. I think there must b a setting where u can set it to not recieve or recieve the notifications. This will still b my main port of call. Though is nice to see how the bubs have grown & how everyone is doing.
Also, I'm more than happy to sleep in the office. I just appreciate u having us.

Bec - Camera, i got a Panasonic Lumix. DMC-G10K. I truly love it more than Paul...laugh... not really!! Its a great camera. Does everything I need it too. Has intelligent auto settings which is a great feature. Was on sale from $899 to $750. Fitted my budget. Would of loved the top of the range canon but ouch on the price. The guy said for how much I had to spend the panansonic was a better camera than the canon in that price range.

I'll have to take some pics of my vege garden. I'm getting good at the whole photo thing now...finally.

#44 bec8112

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:22 PM

Cloth nappy users - I have sent you a link to a FB site called "Petite Peony" can you like it for me???? And tell them I sent you??? I am hoping to win a nappy   tongue.gif

Nat - that camera sounds great, we bought our Canon 40D off Ebay.  Bought the lenses new but I have no idea how much it all was as it is Dave's thing not mine. I am not a good photo taker at all  sad.gif

Mel - yeah I was wondering the same about all the DIG stuff, there are so many people there I do not know because I was in the earlier Oct DIG I think.

#45 Small Potatoes

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:35 AM

Camera I have the Canon EOS 40D and lurve it.  I have the kit lense which is a 17-85mm f/4-5.6 US lense, a 50mm f/1.8 lense (which doesn't get used a lot but takes awesome portrait shots), and a 70-300mm zoom lense, which I love too, great for when the kids are running around so I don't get in their faces.

#46 themelster

Posted 13 December 2010 - 07:06 AM

I'd love to get a nice camera.  Mark would never agree though  sad.gif

The Facebook DIG.  I just popped in there and left it.  Thank you so much for thinking of me Sharna and adding me but I just don't think I can commit to it.  I don't now many of the ladies in there and I don't want to spread myself too thinly.  I struggle getting in here daily!  I'd rather devote all my free time to you lovely girls  wub.gif  biggrin.gif

Bec - I've liked that site for you.  Good luck!!!

Nat - please take some piccies of your vege garden.  I'd love to see it!

I'm off to the bike shop today to get measured up for a road bike.  There is one on ebay I have my eye on but I want to make sure it is the right size.

#47 Twin Mum Runner

Posted 13 December 2010 - 07:45 AM

Sharna - DH is meant to be at sea for Christmas , but his boat has some engine problems (they had an engine fire during the week, along side though), which means they can't sail until the boat has come out of the water to be repaired. DH has just been told it will be sometime in the next 4 weeks as they need to have a boat cradle made first. So it could come out of the water this week, and sail next week, or it could be 4 weeks + before they sail. Sounds like Dan had a good night, how did he pull up yesterday?

Nat - I was brought up Catholic - I was an alter server, did the whole youth group thing, but it was very much forced upon me as a child, so when I left home, I stopped going. Now I'm not sure what I believe. DH is aethiest, and I don't agree with organised religion and some of the beliefs of the Catholic church, but think there may be a higher power. But I don't dispute the theory of evolution either. How did your baking go yesterday? I've checked that book out, but haven't bought it yet as I have so many cookie/biscuit recipe books. But if you think it's good, I might just have to buy it.  biggrin.gif Nat - Gorgeous flower, and lovely photo. I've got a Nikon D90 which I love. I got it grey-market, so much cheaper buying it in-store.

Amanda - I think what happened with your DH and his sister with regard to him being disfellowshipped is one of the things I don't like about organised religion. I don't like the way religion can tare families apart.

Mands - The santa photo looks so cute, did you have trouble getting the boys to have their photo taken? I don't think we'll be getting any done, unless I can take Mahalia on her own. My two decorated some felt for santa sacks on Saturday, but I still need to sew them together.

Mel - Awesome about Tom TT! You must be tired after the tri and Tom waking so early. Hopefully you got a nap in yesterday.

Bec - It sounds like Ethan's TT is going well too. Ouch, your poor dog. She must have been running around heaps. Hopefully it's not too painful for her. I liked the FB page for you, and told them you sent me. Hopefully you win.

Mahalia woke last night, and I went in to her, she was standing up saying "sleep in Mummy and daddy's bed". It took a lot of cuddles to convince her to go back to sleep in her bed. I think we need to buy her a bed soon. I paid off my lay-by on a sewing cabinet yesterday. It was such a pain to put together, it took me about 5 hours as the were so many screws. My hand is so sore this morning. It seems I've caught the kid's bug as my throat is killing this morning and is not good for talking. Dylan has a more in-depth ASD assessment this morning, so I'm hoping nurofen will have kicked in enough by then that I can talk. Both kids are still asleep, and we need to leave in about an hour, so I think I'll have to go wake them up.

BBL.

#48 meeskamouska

Posted 13 December 2010 - 07:56 AM

Mands - yes the ultimate camera!! Lucky u!! There's nothing like a fabulous camera. The difference in photos is amazing.

Oct 08 - I do like the setup of it. Its easy to follow. I've become really close to you girls here so this will always b my main focus. In fact every morning when I wake this is my first forum I go to. Agreed  wub.gif

Sharna - I forgot to say ages ago when u asked about CR & her bed. We put her in a daybed. A white scrolly one from Fantastic furniture.(I don't usually shop there but it was one of the only places that had white day beds). I've got it set up just like a normal bed not how Nadia has hers. She hasn't fallen out yet. They seem to b a bit wider or something than a normal bed. I really like it alot & it looks so pretty. I got some new shabby chic sheets from Spotlight & I get tempted to sleep in there actually.

My throat is constantly itchy ATM. I wish I knew what I was allergic to. Its worse at night & I keep sneezing... blah.

How long to wait do u reckon on a parcel from the states?????? Its been 13days. Too long for me. Its USPS. It must b a slower delivery. I usually get parcels within 7-10days. Maybe cause its xmas.

#49 themelster

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:03 AM

Dylmah - good luck with the assessment this morning.  Pop back and let us know how you get on.

Nat - you'll have to take some piccie's of CR's room too!  And post them!

#50 Small Potatoes

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:25 AM

nat Would love to see CRs room.  We are doing Will's room up when we eventually get to the new house, wasn't going to do O's then, but might as he will be almost 3 at the rate we are going.  I am going to move Olly into Will's room in the rental before bub comes, which shall be interesting, but keep him in a cot - I think.

Georgia  Good luck with the assessment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.