October 04 Parents # 217

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
164 replies to this topic

#51 lostmyid

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:37 PM

Pam, I'm guessing that your bedside table has a couple of books on it and maybe a glass of water? Mine has books for each child, a torch, box of tissues and a couple of socks that need to find a home.

#52 Pam*B

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:56 PM

{scurries off to see what's on my bedside table}...

One book, a pair of earrings, a ring, 2 random loose batteries, a remote control, 3 photo frames, a empty pkt of mylanta, a used light bulb, a lost button, a lamp, 2 hair ties and my glasses. See, I'm not as organised as you pictured laughing2.gif

#53 lostmyid

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:27 PM

Lol, and after I wrote that I went and put the socks away!

#54 Winnie The Pooh

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:42 PM

You're never gunna guess who I met today ladies.

The gorgeous little Miss Juliette wub.gif, oh my, what a sweet little cherub she is.  Great to see you Claire, you look fabulous and after not having seen your boys for ages, they have grown up.

OK, enough from me.

New Year, New Me original.gif  Keep smiling

#55 Pam*B

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:56 AM

For a moment I was thinking "you're in perth?" laughing2.gif

#56 littleman

Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:28 PM

hi ladies
happy new year:)

Chelle - welcome back:) goodluck with the 12 week challenge. and going back to work:)

V - i cant find the 12 week challnege lol, theres too man in there. I began in ernst yesterday, as we were away before that.

pam - hope eves toe heals.

hello to everyone else:)

we just got back from kangaroo valley, was lovely so nice to get away, we went to jambaroo with the kids too, been swimming today and hopefully heading off to the beach tomorrow, depending on the weather...new looking good so far. i am more then ever determine to get to my goal weight this year, this is it...

i just relaied lucia has only tow more years at home, its goign to go fast..and yes wow to 7 years here:)

okay better dash, need shower been to the gym, the weather is beautiful today:)

#57 Winnie The Pooh

Posted 08 January 2011 - 04:37 PM

Hey Sharon

Here's the link:

NYNM 12 month challenge

Hope it works tthumbs.gif

Hi everyone, yep, it's been pretty hot here today, which reminds me, better go get the clothes off the line.

Take care
V x

#58 littleman

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:38 PM

found it lol, started yesterday in ernst considering we were away for the holidays...heres hoping for a loss this week when i wigh in on thursday:) Af due though on monday:(

#59 Pam*B

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:27 AM

Ignore me, I'm just testing something

Edited by Pam*B, 10 January 2011 - 08:27 AM.

#60 littleman

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:58 PM

cant see you pam..ignoring you lol.

been to gym, etana at vac care today, rick back at work..getting back into the swing of it:)

#61 Pam*B

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:06 PM

Just wanting to find out if Louise and Sherryn are going to be affected by the floods they're expecting in Brisbane this week (if not already). Hope you're all ok and if you can, pop and let us know.

I'm at my parents so I might not get to come back in and check before we get home tomorrow.

#62 GIO

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:18 PM

Sherryn, Louise, are you safe?

#63 Winnie The Pooh

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:19 PM

Hiya everyone

I've heard from Sherryn

"Hey V, we're fine, a  big soggy.  roads around us r cut but we r lucky 2 b in a fairly safe area.  Louise would be same.  Thanks 4 thinking of us, it is just awful for those ppl affected"

OMG, this is just so so sad.  My g/f was evacuated from CBD and their suburb is also under threat.  King tides expected about 3pm QLD time tomorrow.

I've been in tears watching the news, it's truly heartbreaking cry1.gif.

#64 LouiseT

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:27 PM

Yes I am fine, thanks for worrying about Sherryn and I!  No flooding where we live, but I have friends who were evacuated at 4am from East Brisbane.  Anyone near the River is in trouble.  There is also concern about diseases, and drinking water in the near future.

#65 Pam*B

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:11 PM

Glad to hear you two are both ok but yes I agree, watching it is heartbreaking. It's like the fires all over again, except this time it's raging water instead of raging flames.

#66 joshie

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:44 AM

Hi guys!  We're all good where we live too - it's so surreal - life as we know it has gone back to normal - you wouldn't even know there has been flooding and yet 12ks up the road the city is in ruin and so many peoples lives have been turned upside down!  It's like we're watching it happen in another state and yet it's just up the road!  I find it bizarre - especially when we go to our supermarkets and we have no food either.

You just have the feeling of not doing enough - I had to go shopping for Paul's birthday pressie and I felt guilty out shopping.......would love to volunteer to help out but the kids are still on holidays - they have donated thier pocket money and we're going through toys to donate today..

#67 Pam*B

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:31 AM

What a great idea about the toys...I was thinking about sheets, blankets, towells, clothes, that sort of thing. But not sure what to do with it. Have to google.

Am very happy to hear both you and Louise have escaped any flooding. The story hasn't been so lucky for a handful of girls in my flickr photo group.

Edited by Pam*B, 15 January 2011 - 08:32 AM.

#68 LouiseT

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:18 PM

Paul and I helped my sister move all her medical and business equipment back to her premises at Southbank this morning (she wasn't flooded in the end, the water stopped a metre from her door), and then we went to East Brisbane to help friends who were flooded clean up.  

Luckily, they are in a classic Queenslander on stilts and the water didn't get inside their home.  Their yard, fence, and under their house was filthy - we helped shovel 10 cubic metres  or so of pebbles from their yard, scrub the exterior, the fence, etc for about four hours.  Smelly, messy work.  My arms are aching!  It was actually quite fun, despite the hard yakka.  There were at least a dozen other friends, relatives and neighbours helping, and random strangers were walking up and down the street offering to help.  Other people would just arrive like magic with trays of muffins and sandwiches and cold drinks.    Kind of a fun, "we're all in this together" community vibe.

Our friends were very fortunate; others around them had low set homes or had built in under the house.  I saw lots of wet gyprock from one place which had probably only recently been renovated.  Paul helped the old man next to our friends get wet junk out from under his house; he had a bad leg, and I guess he just wasn't able to do much to prepare for the flood.  

Siobhan is going to hand out baked treats to volunteers with her friend tomorrow.  She'll love it.

God I'm knackered like a knackered thing.

#69 Pam*B

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:55 AM

Nawww, man that whole story just gives me the warm and fuzzies  cry1.gif

#70 GIO

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:50 PM

Hi All

Back from 3 weeks in Bright.  Missed you.

Was watching the floods on telly, it was so sad.  Been worrying about you Louise and Sherryn.  So glad you are all ok.

Um, I ate a sh*tload of sausages.  The local butcher up there wins all the local awards and I said to Ty that I just wanna eat sausages up there.  Well what I meant was, cook me a sausage or two at night, not a couple of sausages, plus a chop, plus a burger.  So all he cooked me was sausages, and I never got around to telling him that I'm sick of sausages.  Then he left to come back to work last week, and though he'd be a darling and do some shopping for me, and bought me a week's worth of sausages - after I'd already been eating them for 2 weeks.  Arrgghhhh.  Anyway, I had them with boring salad, no fattening potato salad, coleslaw or pasta salads, so I actually managed to still look pretty good.

Will weigh myself tomorrow morning on an empty tummy, but it should be pretty good.  The first two weeks I was able to go for runs or bike rides, the third week was a bit restrictive as I had all the kids and it rained all day.  Should have taken some dvds.  

#71 littleman

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:54 AM

glad to hear sherryn and louise alright, so sad for alot of people, am l=glad the cleanup is happening so peopel can feel to some extent they takign the next step to moving on, woudl have been horrible being helpless.

amanda - lol at the sausages..i think i woudl be over them too.

me i lost another .7 last week, so heres hoping for another small loss this week. i am so determined.

we went away to kanagroo valely and jamberoo park last week, will post somepics when i get a chance.

better run still eating breakfast and gettign ready to go to the gym, even though the kids are fighting with school holidays the not rushign aorund in the mornings is a blessing:)

cheers

#72 GIO

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:50 AM

Yay Sharon - well done.

I am down to 55.3 so that's 300g to go, although once I've lost that I'll no doubt think that I could get even better looking legs if I trim off a bit more.  But Yay to me.  I have put in the effort and I'm getting the rewards.

And now that I have my internet and scales back I can work out the calories of food, so it should be easy to trim off that last bit.

Well I made a New Years solution to be a better secretary for the kinder this year.  I'm going to have the minutes done the week after the meeting and the agendas printed the week before the next meeting.  So go me.

Louise - Sounds like it was very rewarding work.  When we had the bushfires we all just felt so helpless to do anything - and then they got inundated with volunteers - as people just wanted to do something, so show their solidarity.  It must be so nice to be able to help.

Pam - Happy Birthday for tomorrow.  Gawd, it doesn't seem like a year since I phoned to say "Have a few drinks, enjoy your night, this baby isn't coming today"  LOL.

Sherryn, you could put a positive spin on it that you were helping the Qld economy by going out and buying things in Qld shops with Qld retail assistants.  LOL.  Happy Bithday to Paul.

Edited by GIO, 17 January 2011 - 10:58 AM.

#73 Mum to Thalia and Dylan

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:14 PM

Hi All!
Happy New Year!
Sherryn and Louise - glad ot hear you're all ok.

Sherryn - my gf moved to a place called Cleveland. She seems to like it. And YES YES YES would definitely like to book in a catch up with you and Lou when we come up. We'll be coming up in July.....15th to 22nd I think we've booked for.

Well done everyone else on weightloss! Especially over xmas - I've done nothing but eat and drink for the past 3 weeks  biggrin.gif  so no weightloss happening here!

Everything else is going well, I'm off work until the first week of Feb. It's been nice being at home and getting jobs slowly done. I've cleaned out and rearranged the kids rooms - feels great!

Better go get the kids dinner ready....

Ciao!
xx

#74 Pam*B

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:00 PM

Welcome home A. LOL at Ty and the sausage overkill.

Oh thanks for the birthday wishes.

I've had the flu since Friday, and yesterday I had a temp of 40 and now I know what that feels like when my kids get it! OMG! Um...yeah so it's sapping my appetite so at least there's that. I'm still eating 3 meals but I can't eat much and there's no snacking whatsoever not even my daily latte so that should give me a good kickstart back into things. At least it's not like gastro where you lose kgs of fluid then put it all back on the first day you eat normally. Anyway I hope I feel better tomorrow as I'm catching up with gf's and it would really suck to be sick on my bday and miss out on seeing friends.

Yes I know it doesn't feel like a year since we trudged up and down that hill trying to get that girl moving. I do however always remember that weekend fondly. We got to spend so much time together, and I got to know Ty alot better...tho I'm sure it wasn't as lovely for you as it was for me lol.

I'm gonna go, I've hit the wall. Off to bed.

#75 littleman

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:39 AM

happy birthday pam. hope you feel better soon.

Bi - you sound very organised for the new year:)

got to go, going to the gym:)

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.