Avon support thread #9

• Please log in to reply
1554 replies to this topic

#26 ~GG77~

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:36 AM

Hi ladies

I was putting my C8 order online last night, and accidently pressed submit before I finished.  I just rang Avon and they said that if I start another C8 order online it will add on to my other order.  Has anyone done it?   Does it come as one order, or two with two delivery fees?  I really didn't find them very helpful on the phone she just kept talking about an add on order which I don't really have any idea about.

Any thoughts would be appreciated original.gif

#27 gettin my fance on

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:47 AM

~Ruth~, I haven't needed to add on to an order yet.  

When is your deadline for ordering campaign 8?  Perhaps if you are not yet at the deadline, it just adds on to what you have submitted already and order not finalised until deadline has passed?  Just a thought.

Can anyone tell me how to send the e-brochure to someone?

#28 Aidens_mama

Posted 11 March 2011 - 11:50 PM

If she said it would be an add on, then it should be ok. You could always call them if you do get charged twice, and get them to reverse the second charge??? The special deals at the moment go through as add-ons.
To send an e-brouchure, go to the ordering by brochure section, then when you are in the brochure (IYKWIM), there is a link at the top of the book to send as an e-brochure. If I haven't explained that well, let me know and I will sign on to the website and go through it properly for you.
HTH

#29 ~GG77~

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:15 AM

Thanks Ladies.  I'll give it a go and see what happens  original.gif

#30 Hop1

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:17 PM

Hi ladies

Just put through my 3rd order and biggest so far.   Much better then my first two thankfully.  

I'm going to attempt some more territory again.  i'm just wondering does anyone use a covering letter?  I'm thinking of doing one and am curious as what do others write and what I can add.  It all seems so impersonal just droping a brochure on someones door step I thought a note introducing myself might help.  I was also thinking of putting them in zip lock bags so it's not so easy to just drop it in the recycling bin and they'd be more inclined to leave it out the front.  I did part of a new territory a few weeks ago and out of 20 brochures I got 1 back yes 1 .  I'm lucky that my AM is giving me the brochures at the moment.   When she stops I doubt i'll be doing any of my territory.

Aidens Mum Thanks for the info on email the brochure.  

#31 Baby~Blue~Eyes

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:22 AM

Way to go Hop on your biggest order so far! Onwards and upwards!

I only just worked out how to send e-brochure after asking so many Avon Reps. Couldn't believe so many didn't know... Easier to get them to friends now. original.gif

#32 Hop1

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:50 PM

Hi all

Quick question about the 125 years offers.  I've put in an order a few days ago but now I cant see it anywhere.  I actually put it through twice because the first one dissappeared.  I thought it would still be visable.  I want to order something else today but am unsure if it's working properly.

#33 gettin my fance on

Posted 18 March 2011 - 01:34 PM

I suspect Hop1 that they won't show up as my previous 125 years orders aren't showing either.  Each time I have submitted an order for the 125 years, an order number has shown, so I suspect that each 'special order' will just be added on to your usual campaign order.  

I'm glad to hear your orders have shot up!  Well done.

#34 ELLY

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:51 PM

Hi Girls,

A quick question when you join are you allocated to the "manager" that manages your suburb or can you go under different managers?  

I am thinking of joining but have heard some unflattering things about a manager just wondering whether i could join under someone else.

Thanks

Edited by ELLY, 12 April 2011 - 06:38 PM.

#35 flyingfree

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:50 AM

Hi Elly, you can join up avon through any sales leader, she doesn't even need to in your area or state.

Your team leader of your suburb is mainly there to help you with any problems (but in saying that it easieer to go directly to your district manager or avon itself since a team leader doesn't have much authority ie can't access your account for a problem) and is to take returns to and paper order forms.

You can even go to different team leader, I am a team leader and have two ladies bring me returns and orders who don't live in my suburb.

Mandy

#36 ELLY

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:06 PM

Thanks Mandy for your reply.  I did end up signing up - looking forward to chatting with you all biggrin.gif

#37 Hop1

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:25 PM

Hi girls

Not sure if anyone can help.  I"ve had a call from a potential customer she was after some Anew Retroactive Night Cream in a green jar.  I cant find any info on the avon site and google doesn't help either.  Do they no longer make it?  Has it been replaced by something else.

#38 Heikster

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:32 AM

Stupid me left things to the last minute, in the hope of some more orders sad.gif Is the stupid AVON website always this slow/busy the night before the ordering deadline? I have been trying to place my order, which is all ready to go, for the last 2 hours or more!!! Such a pain!

#39 Aidens_mama

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:39 AM

Hop1 One of my customers wanted to return her green retroactive cream, but my manager said it was too old. She is loving the Ultimate Gold Emulsion, and currently uses all the Ultimate range, even though she is 47 (50+ range). Give her a couple of samples and see if she finds one that she likes from the Ultimate range or the Reversalist range.
Heikster Yep, always slow on the night before orders are due, and sometimes the pricing tool doesn't work so you need to add up how much your order is to see what commission bracket you are in.
My worst ever campaign...couldn't get to more than my regulars due to a sick toddler who I couldn't take out in the Perth heat. Planning on recanvassing with the leaflets that come with C10, and copying them for my regulars. Hoping to get a new territory soon, mine sucks, but they wouldn't even give me my own street 2 months ago, so pretty annoyed about it. Must email my client list to my team leader (again) and she said she will try and get me another area.

#40 flyingfree

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:45 AM

Heikster if you are having a lot of trouble submitting your order you can submit it first thing tomorrow morning since it will be packed and ready to leave Sydney by friday night to arrive next week.  I have occasionally done my order on the Thursday morning and always recieved it on the right delivery day.

Aidens mum, I have never had a representative send me a list of their clients, I am a team leader and we have always contacted our district manager for areas

Edited by rubylilysmum, 31 March 2011 - 12:48 AM.

#41 Heikster

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:46 AM

Aidens_mama - thanks I think sad.gif Well I have learnt my lesson. It is just so frustrating, because my order is ready to go, I just can't get through all the screens without it kicking me out! Wish there was one button to send the order off. I don't even need to check the pricing etc, since I did do that a day or so ago.
Well I guess I better keep trying.......everyone go to bed and get off the AVON website lol  biggrin.gif

#42 Heikster

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE (rubylilysmum @ 30/03/2011, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heikster if you are having a lot of trouble submitting your order you can submit it first thing tomorrow morning since it will be packed and ready to leave Sydney by friday night to arrive next week.  I have occasionally done my order on the Thursday morning and always recieved it on the right delivery day.

Thank you for letting me know, I did not realise that was the case. I will try for a bit longer and see how I go. Stupid me thought that some customers were still going to e-mail me orders  rolleyes.gif

#43 flyingfree

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:44 AM

Hope your order went thorugh alright Heikster.

Of course Avon would like all the orders in by the deadline, there are alot of Reps doing late orders for one reason or another, that's why they prefer them in on time.

I am one of the reps who always puts her order in the might before but rarely has trouble with it, must pick the right time of night.

#44 Heikster

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:11 AM

Hi rubylilysmum
My order finally went through at around 11.30pm, so it only took me 3-3.5hrs! lol Well at least I have learnt my lesson  wink.gif

#45 Aidens_mama

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:10 PM

rubylilysmum Seems our district manager is giving any available territories to new reps who want to have their own teams (forget what it is called - the new leadership program) and they teased me with my street before, if I would sign up, or they would give it to a new girl who wanted to join the leadership program. p*sses me off.
Hope this next campaign is a good one, the heat in Perth is making it a bit hard at the moment with my 3yr old. He is starting a 3yr old program next term, so will have nearly 2 hours to get some canvassing done each week.

Edited by Aidens_mama, 04 April 2011 - 10:20 PM.

#46 ELLY

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:45 PM

does anyone know from c9 what was sold out?

#47 gettin my fance on

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:50 PM

Sorry ELLY, I haven't yet put in my C9 order.  Do you mean for the C9 catalogue or the discount catalogue?

#48 Hop1

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:17 PM

Elly I just received my C9 order.  The only thing that was shorted was a glimmerstick for the second time.  

Aidens Mama I cant believe your having trouble with getting a territory.  My DM has freely given me 3.  The first one was close to home when I signed up, the second one I asked for and the third she gave me when she sent the second one.  That said i've only received one order from doing them so they haven't turned out very profitable for me.   She's also supplied me with the brochures.  This campaign she hasn't though so I think i'll make up some flyers and do a letterbox drop.  I think i'm wasteing my time though.  I'm having much better success with the leads she's given me.

I'm off the pack up my order and organise delivery.

#49 Baby~Blue~Eyes

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:38 PM

I had my worst month with C09! Fingers crossed for this month.

When I signed up my  DM offered me a territory that she stated was close to home. But in reality it wasnt' really.. And since I am a stay at home mum with 2 the weather did not permit me walking with them to do drops. And I so wasn't waiting till hubby got home around 7 - 7.30 to go out. Nor was I heading out at 4 in the morning. I did ask her if anything else popped up closer to home to give me a shout.. Far as I know the lady doing my street has stopped...

Hop1 I too have a glimmerstick on short order.

I did order one of the Black dresses for a client but they say they can not back order these and to order again. Has this ever happened? Bit concerned to order again then have two arrive. haha

#50 ELLY

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:14 PM

thanks all it was the c9 catalouge.  

What does everyone think of c10?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.