Avon support thread #9

• Please log in to reply
1554 replies to this topic

#51 Hop1

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:11 PM

Elly  I haven't had a good look at C10 yet.  Looked OK though.

BBE No idea about the black dress ordering problem.  Maybe give customer service a call.

What can I expect from a Sales Event.  I've got my first one next week.  I'm kinda shy and find it hard to just put myself out there and talk to people I dont know.   Will I be standing in a corner by myself all night?   What happens does the DM get up and talk a while then you get to have a touchy feely of the new products.

Edited by Hop1, 11 April 2011 - 06:12 PM.

#52 gettin my fance on

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:11 PM

Baby~Blue~Eyes, the same thing about having to completely re-order, happened to me with another product not very long ago.

I just followed their instructions and ordered in the campaign they had said to re-order in and the products arrived with no problem at all.  For the life of me, I can't understand why they didn't just keep the original order still active as a 'short'.  Hope your re-order is as easily finalised as mine was.

C10 I haven't even had a look at.  Will be emailing my district manager to get campaign send dates as the list of dates I have finished with C9 which I will be transmitting on Wednesday night.

#53 flyingfree

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:43 PM

Aidens-muma, the heat has been shocking, I am sorry your manager has been giving Sales leader areas over reps, iot should be equal to reps, what district are you in.

Hop, I go to all sales events generally they are to see new products, have a sneak peak at upcoming brochures, see how the top sellers are doing in the district and you also offered an instant delivery of a new product at a discounted product cheaper than you can normally get them.

#54 Hop1

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:14 PM

Rubylilysmum  Thanks for the feedback.  I'm quite looking forward to going.  It's just the unknown and walking into a room of all these people I dont know.

I met someone at a local train station today to hand over her order today.  Thought it was quite odd.  Thought she worked there when she first asked me but no she was on her way home.

#55 ELLY

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:54 PM

I have a question for you ladies - what do you do with the clearance brochures?  Is it that we make no profit on that brochure.  I was just wondering what the point of it is if we dont make a profit?

Thanks

#56 gettin my fance on

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:36 PM

ELLY, you do make a profit on items from the clearance catalogues.  Do you mean the NET catalogues?

#57 ELLY

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:13 PM

thanks fancie, wasnt sure my sales leader talks so fast you cant get a word in basically - thanks for letting me know original.gif

#58 Hop1

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:16 PM

What are these clearance catalogues?  Ive only ever seen the NEt offers?

#59 gettin my fance on

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:15 PM

Hop1, the clearance catalogues are automatically sent to you (however many campaign brochures they will send the same number of clearance booklets),  they have discontinued lines in them, some current products that maybe needed to sell off (shelf life kind of thing).

The clearance books are the same size as the Wellbeing books normally are (I love the little Wellbeing book at the moment - much easier to stick in the brochure bags!) and can be used over 2 campaigns - it will state on the cover, which 2 campaigns the books are valid for.

#60 Hop1

Posted 15 April 2011 - 05:06 PM

Thanks fancie.  I've never seen them.  I need to ring customer service about another matter so will ask then will talk to my DM too.  I had a customer ask about them but I thought she was talking about the net offers. Mmmm

#61 flyingfree

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:12 PM

Fancie unfortunately the next well being is the normal sixed one I also liked the smaller one.

Hop I would definetely chase up the clearance catalogues, they should come with your brochures.

Elly you get between 10% and 20% in the clearance depending on your order size, based on overall order that campaign.

#62 gettin my fance on

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:54 AM

I have just received an email from my district sales manager with campaign dates that I had requested. The info sheet with the dates had an interesting item added to it:

Representatives with Territory

* It is Avon's expectation that all representatives with territories should be ordering a minimum of 30 brochures per territory
per campaign to ensure that the territory is being covered properly.

* All territory representatives MUST place an order on time every campaign,otherwise
it willl be persumed that you are no longer working your territory & it will be be
reassigned to someone who is prepared to work the territory every campaign.

Has anyone else been informed of this?  I don't order 30 brochures (close to it but not 30) and have organised my territory so that I do distribute, collect then distribute them again and collect. When recanvassing I use the previous campaigns brochures.  Works well for me and I'm a bit cheesed that Avon expect me to order a minimum set by them.

Edited by fancie, 18 April 2011 - 12:10 PM.

#63 Hop1

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:42 PM

Fancie  I've heard nothing.  I have my first sales meeting tonight so will see what I can find out.  I'm not having a good campaign and will be lucky to earn enough to cover 30 brochures this campaign. I certailny wont be ordering 30 or even close to it.  I've canvassed 3 territorys and only picked up one sale.

#64 flyingfree

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:25 PM

Fancies I do remember reading that ages ago about the terrorities.  I have 4 terrorities which i haven't beenin for a while but I only order 45 books at my best (had a bad year emotionally so avon has suffered) only ordered 60 bookd.

Hop enjoy your sales event tonight I also have mine tonight as well, you might want to take some money since we have a bargain bins with cheap stock from last sales event which are in the current brochures.

#65 Hop1

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:13 AM

Morning ladies

Sales night went well.  I quite enjoyed it.  Got to have a feel and touch of some new products.  I also received a certificate for being in the Top 5 New Representatives.  I had no idea I had done so well. Over the last 4 campaigns I had a First a Second and two Fourths.  

RLM No bargain bins with products for sale.  Althrough they had a lucky door prize and raffle.  I didn't win anything.  The raffle had heaps of items so I think i'll buy more tickets next time to increase my odds.

Fancie  I spoke to my DM about the 30 brochure rule (if that's what you want to call it).  She basically said it's up to the individual DM to enforce it or not.  She's not but she did give a huge talk on making sure that you do you territory or AVON will take it off you.  She did indicate that it's mainly the long terms reps that no longer do there territorys but wont give them back for new representatives. Went on to say she'll help out with brochures to.  So if she's helping with brochures you obviously wont be buying them.  Also said they know who's not doing it because they get calls saying they haven't received a brochure for ages etc and calls come in clusters.

#66 Baby~Blue~Eyes

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:32 AM

Hop well done on being in the Top 5! That is awesome work!

sad.gif Thinking I might give Avon up! The last two campaigns I have had clients not pay! They tell me they no longer can afford it. I even do a quick ring around or message to them to say the order is getting processed that night. Really if they didn't want the products then they shoul d tell me then. Not wait till I have ordered it.
Now I am out of pocket! And I only do it socially so it is friends and family who are letting me down!

Edited by Baby~Blue~Eyes, 19 April 2011 - 09:33 AM.

#67 gettin my fance on

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:39 PM

Well done Hop1!!!! Go get 'em champ!

Thanks for the info from your DM.  I think I will just continue to order my 25 brochures and 10 wellbeings and deal with it if/when my DM brings it up.

Baby-Blue-Eyes, I'm sorry that some people are being such pains for you.  Do you still have the products they ordered or did they accept them from you and then not pay?

If it is the former, why not send them back to Avon with the code for 'no longer required' for a credit to your account.  

Not much you can do if the customers have the products and just refusing to pay though.  It happened to me once with a customer in my territory to the tune of $33.00, long story, but after 7 months of asking her for the money and her saying "oh I'll have it on such and such a day" I just gave up.  She ran into me in the park, not so long ago when I was sitting chatting with some other ladies from our street, when she came up and very cheerily asked if I could drop off a book to her, so I told her that when she paid me the $33.00 she owed me from January 2010 I would decide then.  She has avoided me since - the cow!

#68 ELLY

Posted 23 April 2011 - 07:22 PM

Hi Girls,

The $25 bargain bag in c10 are they usually worth getting?  
Am still figuring my way around at the moment.

Happy Easter original.gif

#69 Pearson

Posted 24 April 2011 - 07:03 PM

I have a question - does anyone have problems with instant delivers being overcharged?  Do they then contact their area manager and get no response, ask for a credit and not get it?  I ask as this has happened to me - my area manager does not respond to phone calls, nor text messages and then tells accounts that I have not contacted her.
I am giving Avon up because of this treatment - I refuse to pay this amount and they have sent the debt to a debt collector.  I am apalled and hurt that someone is willing to allow this happen and possibly stuff up my credit rating when I believe I have done everything right and they dont contact me.  All I can think of at the moment is that it might be a company for women, but the women I am dealing with dont seem to have a "sisterhood" thing going on, no support, just out for themselves....

Also, this means that I would appreciate being taken of the list at the top of each thread.

#70 gettin my fance on

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:22 PM

Willow Angel, sorry, I don't know what you mean by 'instant delivers'.  Whatever they are, have you tried calling Avon directly re the overcharging?

#71 flyingfree

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:16 PM

Instant deliveries are special offfers on new products offered at Sales events.

Willow Angel I am sorry your area manger is not returning your phone calls. Is this your team leader (the person you hand paper order/returns to or District Manager since only District managers have authority to find out about your order.
With the instant deliver did you/are you returning all of the products or do you sell some of them.  If you are returning all the products you get all your money returned to you but if you sold some and return part of the order you are change full price for the products.
Hope this helps you in some way.

Happy Easter everyone

Mandy

#72 Hop1

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:30 PM

Willow Angel So sorry to read that your District Manager is so hard to deal with.  What does Avons customer service say?

Elly My mum ordered a Bargain Bag a few camaigns back and it certainly was worth the $25.  Some things weren't really to her liking like the shopping bag with built in calculator but the other products were all pretty good.  JUst like a lucky dip.

Baby Blue Eyes   Have you had any luck getting the non payers to pay?  Have you got a territory yet?

Seems like a Avons going to loose some reps.  .

Quick questions about the clearance catalogues.  I asked by DM and got some fluffy responses.  Anyway how often to they come out?  Is there one out at the moment?

#73 gettin my fance on

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:04 PM

Hop1, the last clearance catalogue covered campaigns 8 & 9.  Sometimes they are quite frequent, sometimes not, but rarely (if ever) back to back iykwim?  I know you are a bit ahead of me in the campaigns so I wouldn't expect any clearance catalogues until about campaign 11-12ish at the earliest, but more likely 13-14ish or I could be completely wrong LOL.

Since you haven't had any joy with your DM, I would ring Avon directly and let them know that you have not been receiving them and see if there is some reason for missing out on them.

#74 Heikster

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:34 PM

Hop1, there is a Clearance Catalogue for Campaigns 12-13. I just received my AVON order and with it I received the Clearance Catalogues.

#75 Hop1

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:46 PM

Thanks

My order is due tomorrow so will see if it arrives.  I hadn't been buying my brochures as the DM has been supplying them.  Now i'm buying them it will hopefully turn up.  At least I now know when to expect the next one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.