feeling aroused while breastfeeding?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 anon2001

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:53 PM

I'm just wondering is it normal/weird/wrong to feel slight arousal while breastfeeding bub? huh.gif

I feel its a bit wrong but it has been the case for me from time to time. I feel bit conflicted  

FTR the actual stimulation of breastfeeding/expressing is the cause of arousal, not bub.

#2 Chelara

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:56 PM

In babylove it is described as normal. I think your hormones are involved too. I am sure there are many who have experienced those feelings.

#3 goldimouse

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:00 PM

It happens to a lot of women apparently.

#4 RichardParker

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:01 PM

It's normal, there's someone sucking on your nipple - it doesn't make you a freak that it has a physiological affect.

#5 anon2001

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (Chelara @ 20/12/2010, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In babylove it is described as normal. I think your hormones are involved too. I am sure there are many who have experienced those feelings.

Ok that makes me feel better. I just felt a bit off about it and even DH looked at me like i was a bit wrong to feel like that.
Its a bit of a weird feeling, I love BF, I feel empowered I am the one providing him with all his needs and that he needs me to feed him.
I think my hormones are still balancing out...bub only 2 weeks old

#6 goldimouse

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:08 PM

I always get a bit jealous actually reading these posts LOL! Breastfeeding my two-week old was torture of the severest kind! Count yourself lucky OP original.gif

And good for you - breastfeeding a NB is a tough gig - stick at it tthumbs.gif

Edited by Robbie, 20 December 2010 - 04:11 PM.

#7 coopersmamma

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:09 PM

Around the 4week mark I found that breastfeeding was triggering 'the wrong kinda ummmmm wtf... feeling' but I soon seperated it, if that makes sense. Just like how boobs go from being a sexual thing for males to a feeding tool wink.gif

After having a man on your nipple then a baby its kind of the same thing. That ended at 8 weeks maybe, it was short lived. But for Long Term breast feeders surely they may also do it for the whole "it feels kinda nice" factor, as well as providing food for their child/children.

Edited by coopersmamma, 20 December 2010 - 04:10 PM.

#8 red door

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:12 PM

apparently...unless of course it is a thread about extended breastfeeding, then all mention of it is met with outrage and horror.

#9 goldimouse

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE (coopersmamma @ 20/12/2010, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But for Long Term breast feeders surely they may also do it for the whole "it feels kinda nice" factor, as well as providing food for their child/children.

I don't know if I count as a "long term breastfeeder" (DD is only 17 months). But it has never felt kinda nice for me laughing2.gif I wish! I hope this next baby is much better at attaching than DD has ever been. Fingers firmly crossed.

#10 Chaton

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:14 PM

I experienced this around 11 weeks onwards (when all the infections and pains stopped for me).  I wasn't sure if it was a physical reaction to the suckling or just that I tended to zone out sometimes and daydream.

I'd think to myself "gee, should make some 'adult time' with DH tonight" and then later forget all about it laughing2.gif

#11 raven74

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:17 PM

But for Long Term breast feeders surely they may also do it for the whole "it feels kinda nice" factor

laughing2.gif GOD NO!  (even though you have written may) I do it because it's the best way for me to feed my daughter, not because it makes me horny! Just ick sick.gif
To get a tingle from nipple stimulation is natural OP and happens to many, many women.

#12 anon2001

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (raven74 @ 20/12/2010, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laughing2.gif GOD NO! (even though you have written may) I do it because it's the best way for me to feed my daughter, not because it makes me horny! Just ick sick.gif
To get a tingle from nipple stimulation is natural OP and happens to many, many women.

No not horny like I would when I'm with DH. Its just a starnge, warm and fuzzy feeling I've never had before I had a baby. Just been researching and looks like its oxytocin hormone (the love hormone) that is at work and a good thing - apparently meaning you don't want to abandon your child or something wacko.gif

#13 oohlala

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:24 PM

i have to agree it has never felt gd for me! countdown is on til we reach 6 months so i can have my boobs back lol. and wear a underwire bra... ahh how i miss them!!

#14 coopersmamma

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:27 PM

Horny?! ARE YOU SERIOUS? When did I say that?

Physical arousal and sexual arousal are two diff things which sometimes can be difficult to distinguish. Especially in the early days, when your breasts which are traditionally used for pleasure by men are being used by a baby where suckling is happening.

But long term breast feeders can't tell me that they ALL do it if it was really that difficult and it PHYSICALLY felt horrid/painful etc- it must feel good to some degree, especially when children would be getting all of their nutrients from solids etc? I understand it is a bonding experience and that there are added benefits.

I fed my girl until she was 18m, and my boy was bottle fed before anyone throws the nasty pastie at me original.gif

#15 Hodor55

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:41 PM

Absolutely, and more so with subsequent babies than my first.

I loved that it felt good, and it's very 'normal'.  Breastfeeding triggers the exact same oxytocin chemicals as in orgasm.  I never felt bad about finding breastfeeding pleasurable.  It was just an added bonus LOL.  I fed all mine for over 2 years each.  I couldn't care less if some people think it's 'off' to admit that breastfeeding 'feels nice'.  It often does, and it's natural for it to.

#16 goldimouse

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE (coopersmamma @ 20/12/2010, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But long term breast feeders can't tell me that they ALL do it if it was really that difficult and it PHYSICALLY felt horrid/painful etc- it must feel good to some degree, especially when children would be getting all of their nutrients from solids etc? I understand it is a bonding experience and that there are added benefits.

I'm not all of them, I understand that - but for me, it doesn't feel good at all. It's damn painful actually. When she latches on these days I actually cry out. The pain does lessen to a bearable level once she's on properly but geez those first ten or fifteen seconds are horrible!

The bold in your post is why I breastfeed. It's too good for her for me to make the decision for her to give up. That is a choice I want to be hers.

#17 Trevie

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:39 PM

I love this blog she dares to talk about things one shouldn't including the fact that she used to get aroused whilst breastfeeding

http://www.raisingmyboychick.com/2009/07/o...ont-talk-about/

#18 baby-bliss2

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:45 PM

I also got this while BF my children. The way you describe it OP, warm and fuzzy feeling, is exactly how I felt too. It made me squirm lol. I also went through the "should I be feeling this" stage before I realised that the sensation I felt was actually my letdown reflex (with DD2 it was actually quite painful, not the same tingly feeling as with DD1).

It's quite normal, and if it is the letdown reflex then I assume that even long term BF can get the same sensation/feelings.

#19 Moffetta

Posted 22 December 2010 - 04:11 PM

Ok I'm probably going to embarrass myself here but...

Does anyone else enjoy their child playing with their nipples. Not in a sexy way at all. But I love it when my son has a feed and when he is finished he might start playing with my nipple with this intense look on his face like he is trying to work them out. Or we might have a little play wrestle after a feed then he will see that I haven't put myself away yet and will come rushing over to have another little suck.

My boy is only 10 months though so maybe it is still ok?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.