Posted 24 December 2010 - 09:31 PM

New thread time ladies

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=836787

Merry Christmas

#2 Amber Loren's Mum

Posted 24 December 2010 - 11:23 PM

GOLD

I claim gold after MIA for a while  wink.gif

Merry Christmas everyone!!  Not long now til some of our bubbas celebrate their 1st birthdays... ohmy.gif where has the time gone.

#3 heidistar

Posted 26 December 2010 - 03:52 PM

I hope all the Bubba's had a Fantastic First Christmas  biggrin.gif

#4 Riotproof

Posted 26 December 2010 - 03:59 PM

Merry Christmas everybody! We had a lovely one.  biggrin.gif Hope yours was too.

#5 mummy2bj10

Posted 30 December 2010 - 07:59 PM

Hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas and the bubba's enjoyed their very 1st one!!! I know Bradley did he was very very spoiled

#6 Amber Loren's Mum

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:00 PM

We had a pretty good 1st xmas...lots of toys now to clean up.  Amber was a bit overwhelmed and bewildered with all these parcels being given to her at once with no idea what to do.

This time last year I would be ready to finish up work ready for my maternity leave.  Cant believe how fast this year has gone...pls slow down!

Well work tomorrow and nothing organised.

Everyone must be on holidays...it so quiet.

#7 ~Jot~

Posted 31 December 2010 - 03:03 PM

Belated Merry Christmas everyone! Just think, this time last year most of us were sitting here heavily pregnant in the summer heat (though some had welcomed their gorgeous babies already!) And now here they are approaching their first birthdays. I can't believe how fast it's gone!

Wishing you all a very happy 2011, full of health and happiness. biggrin.gif

#8 catmeow82

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:12 PM

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all...

I can't believe it was a year ago i was desperate to get mr ben out! Now my SIL has a little baby boy and I miss tiny baby ben so much. Although... in saying that... i was looking at pics of ben as a newborn and i can't believe how huge he was!! he is still on the big side but nothing like he was!

we just had the worst holiday... we were dying to come home to our aircon and pool. mental note to not go away over summer!

we had to go to my cousins wedding on new years eve about an hour out of orange. it was 42 degrees. outside, blacktie wedding. it was awful. the place lacked ventilation so the function room was stinking hot when we went in for dinner. Ben almost got heat stroke. poor thing... he was running/crawling around in a nappy after awhile. Emma was a disaster. grumpy... bored... over it.

eventually we left and got some rest. then we went to dubbo to take emma to the zoo. terrible heat again and then we went to our hotel... tiny tiny room... air con not very good... grumpy children... ben went to sleep very late and then i had to put emma in the car at 11pm cause she wouldn't go to sleep. aircon stopped cooling all together. emma was up at 4:30 am and then ben 6am. i chucked them both in the pram and walked to maccas and let dh sleep. we went back to the zoo, came back for a swim, had dinner and drove home. we were supposed to stay another night but we left. had a terrible drive. heavy fog down the mountains. detour due to a large accident. glad to be home!!!

i can't believe ben is one so soon. what a year it has been. one thing after the other... i really thought maternity leave would have slightly easier.

i seriously hope you all had a better new year than us!

Cat

#9 Mumsy4

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:23 AM

Argh! I typed a whole thread and my stupid computer died as I was submitting it!!!

Belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!!

Cat - I'm sorry your holiday was such a disaster!!

We had a lovely christmas  - Lila got spoilt by everyone, lucky little thing!
We went down to the beach on boxing day and were going to stay until after new years, but it was too busy down there and Lila came down with a nasty cold so we came home after a couple of days so she could sleep properly and get better - she's only just getting over it now!

She is crawling around like mad, into everything! Not walking yet, just starting to cruise the furniture but only for a step or two and then falls down or gives up.

My thyroid is finally coming under control - having put on 10kgs when it was really low I am now fighting to loose some weight before we start TTC#2 sad.gif

Hope everyone is going really well!

What are you giving you little one for lunch and dinner at the moment?
And have you/will you be switching to cows milk at 12 months?

Better go... Lila is quiet which can only mean trouble  rolleyes.gif  haha

#10 mels79

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:30 AM

merry christmas and a happy new year to you all. We had a quiet christmas and new year which was good. I cant believe my little one will be one this month it is so hard to believe. I was also wondering about cows milk my little one is on formula and i was wondering how everyone changes from formula to cows milk as i forget how to do it and when exactly to start?

#11 Amber Loren's Mum

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:52 AM

Hi

Cat Sorry to hear your hols/start of the year have been unpleasant but there is still another 11.75mths for good things to come your way.  

Mumsy ATM for lunch A I do try and vary around a little - somedays it may be fruit and yoghurt or toast and fruit or veg/cheese sandwich and yoghurt.  Dinner is meat and veg (whatever we may be having if she can but mashed up) or I will cook her up something else if it is something she cant have.  Last night I cooked up rice and veg dish which was interesting because I HATE rice so had to get DP to test it was ok for her.  I dont normally cook rice (if DP wants it he gets takeaway) but I dont want bubba taking after my food fetishes and dislikes so grinned and beared the smell of it cooking.

Oops must go have massage appt in hour and still sat here in dressing gown (have had shower tho').

BBL to finish my post.

#12 catmeow82

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:13 PM

milk changes...

i know a lot of people using formula do half formula half cows milk for a bit before swapping completely.

my kids seem ok with the transition from breast milk to cows milk. DD changed over her before bed feed to cows milk at 11.5months in preparation for me returing to work. she just took the sippy cup and drank it!!!!

DS has had cows milk in a sippy cup once or twice and often has babycinos at the shops. he had a sachet of formula in a sippy cup when we were away and gulped it down. i'd say he is like dd... as long as it is white and creamy he'll drink it.

DD developed lactose intolerance which made it a little complicated. hopefully ds doesn't.

I plan to keep giving Ben 2 breastfeeds a day for awhile yet. when i work dh will give him cows milk and i'll switch to just a morning feed in the next few months.

oh... we use long life low fat milk... a bit uncouth (?sp) but it works for us cause i hate buying all different milks. i might give ben powdered milk for awhile. seems silly buying full fat just for him. I find the milk is more of a drink rather than for nutrition so i don't worry.

Cat

#13 mamacantik

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:26 PM

Been a gazillion years since I've been in, but wanted to wish all the mums and bubs happy New year and happy birthdays to all the little ones starting to celebrate first birthdays!!! Such an exciting time.

My little darling boy baby A is such a gem. Can't believe he's 1 next week. Has been teething of late so keeping me up at night (8th tooth about to poke through). He is cruising around the furniture, CLIMBING on to everything (he keeps climbing up onto the outdoor chair/table set we have as the kids access point to the trampoline and reaching up to get in, cheeky boy!) and generally full of mischief and fun.

As for food, he eats everything. He loves sandwiches for lunch as well as noodles (which are surprisingly good finger food). Tonight, like most nights, he had the same as the rest of us - a chickpea curry with pasta (boys wanted pasta rather than rice). I cut the veggies big and he fed himself.

I hope everyone is enjoying the Summer. So lovely to be able to go outside and play.

Will do my  best to pop in more regularly this year.
Dianne
xo

#14 Amber Loren's Mum

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:22 PM

Big waves.gif Dianne ... long time.  Sounds like you are cruising along.

Yes oops..I never got back to finish my post after my massage...which was bliss by the way.  Have been preoccupied for past couple nights with a baby whose daytime sleeps are muddled up to point that she dropped mid afternoon one which was ok for first day she did this as bedtime was a breeze, but the 2nd/3rd times has been  ffear.gif so tomorrow we are going to try something different.  By missing the mid afternoon sleep or having it later as she has done she is extremely overtired refusing sleep or not wanting to sleep as she had a late sleep..either way 10.30-11pm over past couple of night is not an ideal bedtime she set for herself.  Altho she slept through I not got a lot done having to resettle for the good part of MY me time part of the night.  Last night I felt teeth were partly to blame but not too sure about today.  rant.gif at mum as when i went pick her up after work she said 'she is very tired'..'did she have sleep or try and get her down for a short one at least?'...'we tried but she was not interested'..like hello thanks a lot I felt like saying. My aunty and cousin and her daughter arrived today so they were keen to see her/play with her and mum for some reason thinks that was more important than respecting my one request for today, being to try and get her down at 3, no later than 4 for at least 20min nap.

Anyway...time a ticking and bed calls my name but its hot n sticky so not sure how i gonna sleep.  Have had AC on but gets too cold and have fan on in A's area.  Rather warm (25deg at last check) by the grobag egg.

xx

Edited by Amber Loren's Mum, 07 January 2011 - 11:23 PM.

#15 Bonbenoak

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:58 PM

Hi all I havent been in for ages but probably wont been in much more. I have my little Oakleys 1st brithday on the 20th and have a few drs app and jobs to do as...

...I just found out I am 5 weeks pregnant. ddance.gif Due: 12/9/2010

for those that do know me on facebook I have only told family and it is not public yet.
I may make a few sneacky comments but most people think nothin of it.

I will try and stay in both as I've finally gotnour office set up, but my DIG group moves SO fast they are hard to keep up with as it is.

I will have a catch uo session soon and re-join and be mor social.

xx
Bonnie

#16 Mumsy4

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:05 PM

OMG CONGRATULATIONS BONNIE!!!
PM Me your facebook name, I would love to be FB friends original.gif
That's so great, I am totally jealous of you right now!! Wishing you a very happy and healthy 8 months ahead!!

AFU: quick post!
I am thinking of changing Lila's name to 'Little Miss Independent!!" She just wants to do everything for herself at the moment, most notably feeding herself with a spoon, which means every meal time is a mess at the moment  rolleyes.gif  
But it is most adorable - anyone else's bubs suddenly want to be doing everything for themselves?

Hope everyone is well!

#17 Amber Loren's Mum

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:08 PM

Congratulations Bonnie ddance.gif so biggrin.gif for you.

Been busy following the flood situation in Qld.  So devastating and heartbreaking.  DP was called yesterday to move someone up there end of the week but dont think that will be happening as planned - unless these ppl are insane to go up but if they dont see the tv reports it near impossible to even get through north nsw even (altho it would be nice to be rid of DP for a few days as he hasnt had any work since just after xmas.

Sorry for quick post.

#18 LouGood

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:00 PM

Hi there,

I was wondering if I could join this group?

I have a little boy - Benjamin who has just turned 1 (DOB 8-1-2010)

I also have 2 older children.  Chloe is 7 and Madeleine who is 5.

I have forgotten a lot of stuff from when the girls were little so it will be helpful for me to learn from you guys (re solids etc)

I live on the Central coast in NSW, anyone else out there from this area?

I am also located on facebook under Louise Goodger if anyone wants to add me (there is a photo of our little boy in a santa suit as my profile photo)

Lou

#19 Amber Loren's Mum

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:07 PM

Hello and welcome Louise.  I tried adding you to FB but your settings wont allow me to ad you as a friend.  I know that you possibly wont find me on FB as my privacy settings are set to highest.

#20 Riotproof

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:51 PM

Hi everybody.

Welcome to the newbies, nice to see some old faces as well.

I have been very remiss about this group, and I'm sorry about that. From what I have read, you're all doing well. Please give me a big poke if I've missed anything.

Everything is going reasonably well here. Rowan is a very happy baby at the moment, loving playing with all his toys and some of our toys as well! Just walked today pushing the walker along, which was very exciting. We got it on video.  biggrin.gif BLW is fantastic. He is eating up a storm most days. I love that I can give him a whole piece of fruit and he devours it. Still not that keen on meat, but eats chicken pretty well I think. It's hard to identify in the nappies. I can buy a kilo of cucumbers, and within a week we have eaten them all. Loves them for some reason.

How are all the party plans coming along? Ours will be very casual.. BBQ and salad type thing with friends and their kids.

Am staying up late baking a cake that I want to test, so I'm off to see if it's cooled enough to eat.

#21 heidistar

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:15 AM

My Girl's had their Mad Hatter Tea Party on the weekend, as DH leave today for 3mths training. The party went well, toooooo many guests though so was really crazy! My cake, well first one was a flop sad.gif But the 2nd one was ok (after i brought premade sponge cakes at 10pm at night lol), but the icing did stuff up & looked very patchy. I will add a few pics soon.

Happy 1st Birthday to all the Bubbas

Edited by heidistar, 18 January 2011 - 07:15 AM.

#22 heidistar

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:46 AM

The cake

Queen of Hearts, Mad Hatter, White Rabbit & Alice in Wonderland

Alice

White Rabbit

Girl's cutting their cake

Edited by heidistar, 18 January 2011 - 02:24 PM.

#23 Amber Loren's Mum

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:57 PM

quickly came into 'bump' up this thread to page 1 --- so quiet.

Love the photos heidistar...cake looks great too.

#24 Mumsy4

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:42 AM

Great pics Heidi!

It has been quiet in here!
I think everyone is busy with their energetic little 1 yr olds, or at least I am!! laughing2.gif

We had Lila's birthday party yesterday, it was a big event, about 50 people... don't think I'll be doing that again! Today I am so tired from cleaning everything up!!

DD is going really well. Cruising all the furniture but not walking by herself yet - she speed crawls everywhere!
She is trying out new words, so far she says Mum-Mum, Daddy, Bud-bud (for our dog buddy), and just this week she has picked up 'Turtle' (because it is her favourite bath toy) and she has also started trying to copy me when I tell her to be gentle  wub.gif

She is eating like a little horse and has started to eat the same dinners that we do (the other night I gave her a crumbed lamb cutlet which she devoured in about 20 seconds and then looked at me eagerly wanting more!)

I better choof off for now! Hope everyone is well!!

#25 Riotproof

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:05 PM

Heidi, I love the look of your cake. Well done.

Hi everyone.. very, very quiet these days. Hope all is well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.